(2009/09) September 2009 MTBs

Shelled,

How long did your lochia last? I'm sick of this long term mensus... XD

Roughly how long will your BB's adjust their night to day patterns? I'm really going insane.. And so is my HB... >.<

<font color="ff0099">Pamelia</font>
My lochia stopped when Keegan was around 3wks old.
But the length varies from person to person leh.
Both times my lochia stopped when bb was ard 3wks old, but both times my period also return quite early leh.

I heard old ppl say by bb's full mth usually will swap from night to day lah. But once again, no guarantees one lor.
We can speed up the process a little by helping them distinguish that daytime is for activity &amp; play, and nighttime is supposed to be dark and quiet for sleep lor.

Pamelia,I have been wearing a pad since I delivered 5 wks ago. My lochia like neber ending. As for ur bb,why not keeping her awake from 7pm onwards so that she will be tired at night?

Pamelia,

my lochia just end... almost 2 months.

for my #1 my lochia stop after 3 months. keke

i express breastmilk till my ger age 1 and my menses came back only when i pump twice daily (which is my ger ard 10/11 months old). but some pple like shelly, menses back early

<font color="119911">Shelled</font>
Miss Shelled! I think you look good lah! My stomach is lagi bigger! Not to mention the extra 10kg more that I have to shed. Ignore those who says you're preg. They siao!

<font color="119911">Jul</font>
How are you coping? Must be better since u can upload pix liao. I'm struggling man! My milk supple still low despite latching and pumping.. plus sometime bb can't latch properly. Duno why, sometime ok sometimes not. So hope Ian will grow up quickly and I can just feed him fresh milk in a cup! Haha

Anyone bb kept making diff sound at night? I notice my gal day time not much noise, at night she will ee a although I saw that she is sleeping.

Any idea?

<font color="ff0099">Crystalz</font>
3 months?!? OMG how you endure??

<font color="ff0099">shampoo</font>
I think you're just unfamiliar with the code for posting? Refer to "HELP" at the bottom of the page.
I also didn't know how to work the codes until a few months later.
I dunno why this forum cannot work on BBcode or HTML. must use this kind of funny funny code.

<font color="ff0099">bbq98</font>
The keyword here is "like flat". Like flat, but actually not flat.
lol.gif

I suspect my tummy actually looked flatter that day cos I was on my feet the whole day and didn't get to eat. Starved until flat(ter) tummy.

<font color="ff0099">Waisted bottoms make your tummy look smaller!!</font>
Just in case anyone here is going shopping, I realise wearing waisted bottoms help create the illusion of smaller/flatter tummy.
Ideally the bottoms should start abt 2-5cm below your bellybutton. Holds the flabby lower belly in leh!
On the other hand, wearing hipster bottoms seems to make the flabby bits all spill over and create "muffintop". Sibei ugly.

Heng now still having that high-waisted bottoms trend. Otherwise cannot even play cheat.
I have chucked all my hipster stuff to Exile Island. Wait until my tummy more toned then I will give them a shot again.

You all try and tell me if it works for you leh! Go try clothes is free one mah...
biggrin.gif

BBQ,

Keep her awake from 7pm... Hmm.. Does it work for you?? I don't mind trying... But my MIL says baby sleep then will grow.. Asks me not to keep her awake when she wants to sleep... >.<

<font color="ff0099">Connie</font>
My boy also like that lah. Daytime no sound when sleeping, night time make lots of grunting sounds!
Make me stressed thinking he is going to wake up, then I cannot sleep properly, but then he usually doesn't wake up one lor!

shelled,
I keep thinking she want milk. I kept switching on the light to check. When she didn't open her eyes, I off the light. If her eyes is open, i latch her. Very stressful lor.

Hi mommies,
Im curious about BF no menses. then how do i calculate to make sure i wont get pregnant? the only way is to take precaution? eg: using condom.

Shelled, don't be too ambitious. I lie down then my tummy look like flat but when I stand, no where near "like flat" loh.

Pam, it works for me though my boys are very angry and kept crying. I rather they cry evening time than night when I have to sleep.

<font color="ff0099">Connie</font>
Same case for me lor. I agree, very stressful cos we're on tenterhooks wondering waking up or not.
I think maybe you can keep a low light on? Like a dim bedside lamp or nightlight. Then at least no need to keep turning lights on/off to check if she's truly awake mah.

<font color="ff0099">Sarah</font>
Cannot calculate cos you never know when your ovulation is. Best is to use proper contraceptives methods like condoms lor.
The contraceptive options for BFing moms are very little: condoms, IUD, hormonal implant in the arm and abstinence (yeah right).
Natural family planning is totally unreliable until menses come back and is regular. *stress*

It's not about being ambitious lah. Personally I think it's only reasonable that we take at least a couple of months to look human again. After all, we're not Hollywood celebrities lor!
But somehow I seem to have a lot of relatives that think women should just snap right back into shape once the baby pops out. Therefore I kenna alot of insensitive comments about why I still look fat/pregnant, and it irks me so much that I just want to be able to match their standard so I can shut them up once and for all.

<font color="ff0099">Pamelia</font>
It's true that babies need to sleep more to grow more, but I think your MIL don't understand that we much rather they sleep at night than in the day lah!
The old folks on my side also don't agree with me waking K up and keeping him awake in the day so he will sleep at night. They insist that the babies will naturally swap their timing over.
But if I can help him to swap sooner, then why wait a few months for him to slowly do it lor!

<font color="Ff0099">enxuan</font>
According to my gynae, as long as you are comfortable with it, can have sex liao. Esp since it's not vaginal birth, there's no stitches down there mah.
But she advises better to wait for lochia to finish first, otherwise very messy.
biggrin.gif

I had sex when #1 was 3wks old cos my lochia stopped already. Was ok lah, no pain or discomfort at wound area.
But I just felt jumpy cos I was worried my hubs might injure my wound area accidentally by lying on top of me or something. Paranoid lah. :p

Shelled,I just read somewhere that have to wait till 2 mths later leh coz uterus not fully healed yet. Anyway,take care of kids so tiring,where got mood and time for sex.

shelled, bbq98..

Ok. Ya, I'm a bit paranoid now too. Just wanna be sure not to injure the wound. My greatest fear is the wound inside tear and end up internal bleeding.

Anyway, I ordered the Wacoal bra. It looks good.

Anyone got lobang, know where I can buy those beansprout husk pillow?

Enxuan,

I make the husk pillows, You wanna buy? =3

I don't make it officially for selling purposes...

But what I can guarantee is my husks are DAMN CLEAN!
How can they be not clean when I handpicked them myself and washed them like 4 times? XD

Hi all, me back again. today is day 13 since i gave birth.

My lochia is like on and off. Just when i think it finish, it comes again.

Lina, me also got rashes on hand and leg 3days ago, its like hive like that. i thought i eat too much tonic or dom. acutally the CL didn't put alot of dom in the dish also cause she know i partial BF. not sure why i got rashes? my hand rashes gone but the rash on my leg still there.

wow, you mummies thinking about sex liao. Me no mood at all, anyway hubby will not be around until CNY. Hahaha, so no need to do also......

Enxuan,

Price varies with the sizes...

What size are you looking for?

45 x 15 cm, 30 x 20 cm, 50 x 15 cm

Got many many sizes, Why not you tell me what size you want? XD

I actually have enough husks in hand to make an adult husk pillow. X3

<font color="aa00aa">Sarah</font> - MIM nursing tea should be okie to drink mah

<font color="aa00aa">bbq98</font> - today rach doing baby 1st month, think that's why she so quiet... too tired... lol

rach, thanks for the lobang. Erm, about the $50 per trip - I am just wondering how long she will spent cleaning the house? Cos' usually for part-time cleaner, they charge according to per hour basis.

bbq98, thanks for your recommendation on the cleaner. Have you used them before? Actually hor, my preference is to engage a cleaner who is currently working for or has worked before for mummies here. At least got credibility mah... sorry for being so ma fan =P

Sandwich, I am coping well with having Nate around. We just have to be more vigilant in making sure that his face does not turn blue when bottle-feeding him. But so far, so good =) I think the reason why Jenifur is not active currently is because Jed is going for or has gone for his cleft lip operation. That's why she and Jed was going to be admitted to the hospital. I remember vaguely that the operation was due around beg of Oct.

Anyone did milk bath for your baby? How to do it? For me, I still have over 60 packets of milk with KKH (that time Nate in hospital so have to bring milk but he din drink alot). Should I just ask them to throw away the milk or should I bring it back to prepare a milk bath for Nate? I can't keep it cos I don't have space in my freezer liao.

shelly,

the 3 months include spotting.. what i got irritated is that.. when i thought its finishing, it comes alot again! haiz.. anyway.. thats #1... my gyane nurse says usually natural birth is longer.. c-section will be shorter.. my #1 natural... #2 c-section.. and its really shorter by one month keke

shelled

aiyah i dun use flash when i take photos of sam. the 4 day one was at nite, in dark room lor haha.

nope, din shave. his hair just fell off. quite funny, machiam like receding hairline haha

itsy

i'm still trying low. sam also doesn't wanna latch long coz ,milk too low n slow. also trying to pump n feed him ebm. but tiring leh. n my hands are itching from all the washing, coz i got eczema one.

Heheh good news everyone.. Sunday was my first day TBF baby... didn't use formula at all... Hope it stays this way... I was just feeding and feeding and feeding... lol.. that's why you never see me login at all during the day.. lol..

Hope everyday can also like that...
happy.gif

mama to 6Js also celebrating 1st mth today, same as Rach. That's why both also never post lor.

I guess uterus recovery rate also varies lah. Cos when I went back to gynae to check on my bleeding, she told me my uterus already totally recover liao. And it was only 5wks postpartum.
I wonder if the recovery period for natural and C-sec would be different.

<font color="ff0099">Tiwi</font>
Thanks! But actually I still feel like a "natural contraceptive".
lol.gif

<font color="ff0099">Jul</font>
Keegan's hair also dropping off. My SIL still ask me if I shaved his head. But why would I shave just the front and not the back lor! Really look like receding hairline lah.

<font color="ff0099">Stephanie Goh</font>
Congrats!!
happy.gif

But are you SURE you want to be feeding and feeding and feeding EVERYDAY??
I think feed once every 3hrs is just nice lah. Otherwise very tiring leh!

<font color="aa00aa">shelled</font> - No choice loh.. my supply low so now have to be more hardworking...

When supply stable then can relax a bit loh..

Tiwi,

My bb is 13 days old, born on 23-09-09. Thanks for sharing, good to know I am not the only one. I am also breastfeeding partially, didnt have much alcohol in the food I eat. Was thinking of going to the doc to check it out.

Shelly,
My lochia seems to be finishing but then it comes again. So not sure when will it end.. sick of having to wear pads all the time.

Do you girls feed your babies water?

Lilac,60 pkts!!! What a waste to have milk bath. Btw, I have used the china cleaners before. Pm me if you want the contacts.

<font color="0000ff">Shelled</font>,
Those we sae u look like preggie their eyes got pro. U look fresh and gd - like a hot mama. Those boobs - Woah......
Btw is K still drinking ur EBM? My #2 still drinking, 100ml every 3hrs. Nw need to supply for 2 hence need to wk hard to keep my supply high.
happy.gif

\blue {Lilac},
super 60packets extra and nw ur freezer got no space? So total how many packets u kept?

I thought of getting a deep freezer - any1 freezing their EBM ord? if yes, after the frozen EBM thaw does it give u a strong steel smell?

Rach is back!!! was chased to bed after we cleared up the place and washed up...
so no chance to come in here earlier..hehhe..
happy.gif

Didnt bring pump so cannot pump.. no EBM so gotta latch thru the nite..
not so bad la... coz my girl latch only 10-15min nowadays.. hehe..when CL goes back i'll just latch...easier.. no need to wash tools...
happy.gif

<font color="ff0000">shelled></font>
hahaha...so when did u had sex after #2???????
whahaha...

<font color="ff0000">sex></font>
any one brave enough to try after birth???
esp those 1st time mummies???????

i think there's a very smelly smell down there leh... i realised its from down there and not the pads after i strip naked to bathe today at the chalet..
and i looked myself in the mirror and i flipped it open to try to see how the stitches are like now..
suddenly the same smell i always tot came from the pad flew past...
awww... why so smelly huh???????????
anyone have that problem??

<font color="ff0000">bbq></font>
hahaha.. u missed me? hehehe.. :p

where's mwerks huh??? she like missing 3 days liaoz...
think her CL went back.she alone le.... mmmm..

<font color="ff0000">lilac></font>
what i heard from my mum is abt 3 hours...maybe if u want.. i get her contact.. u can call her to ask..
then u see u happy with her service provided or not then u get her?
coz neighbor...so i can get her contact easily. hehe..

<font color="ff0000">mama6></font>
oh congrats on ur baby 1st month!
its so tiring entertaining i think 100odd guests...
and buffet not enough..
we started at 4.30pm - 8.30pm...
Guest stream in at 4pm and by 5plus..curry chicken only left curry..
wahahaha...
alot of rice and bee hoon left only. hahaha.....

but received so much gifts and APs.. ahaha..so touched....
more than enough to cover the whole chalet + food and still got leftovers for bb's bank account..
hehehee..

and now we are stuck in the chalet, wanted to go home last nite (thats what we planned), but we ended up staying..
and calling my mom a dozen times yest afternoon to bring this and that for us.. hahaha...

my girl has been bery very nice yest..she didnt sleep from 8am - 4pm (dozing off in cars and in my arms not counted..) and after my feed at 4pm,
she fell asleep and at 6pm feed, she didnt want to wake up after feed as well..
HB was carrying her ard to show all the guests and she was still happily sleeping in his arms...
waahahhaa..
and she has been sleeping all the way since then.. only up for feeds with eyes closed and then back to sleep!
wahah... so happy.... pray it stays this way..
and the power of prayer...
we made sure we prayed before leaving home and we've been telling her since days ago...that we are goin out today..
and celebrating her full month...mayb that helps too.. keke....

<font color="ff0000">Lina></font>
i BF and also take hard liquor thats double boiled...
my mum says now dun drink wait till when?? coz supposed to make our body stronger..
so CL will double boil chicken and half bottle of VSOP, Martell, COnaq...
i've been drinking like every alt days..
now my girl so much rashes loh.. but clearing off clearing off...
but half bottle after double boil left one small cup nia.. hahaha..coz all the alcohol evaporate off...

didnt really take DOM leh....duno how...
how to take when need to feed every 2-3 hours???

i dun give bb water.
the only time i gave was when i fed her medicine for colic and jaundice previously at week 1..
only like 0.5ml each time? with the injection thingy that clinic provides to feed the medicine..

Just finished my feed. didnt bring EBM.so CL very senang from yest to today..
yest whole day she was in the room sleeping with baby..whhahaa..
and no need to cook and do housework....

and later we'll be leaving here at 3pm..so she no neeed to cook lunch also..
whaha.. i guess dinner will be simple fare tonite.coz reach home already 4pm...
hehe.. i can be mean to tell her i dun mind late dinner..cook something for me..
wahhahaa..

Oh....everyone was shocked to see my CL..
1st comment. Wah..so young...
2nd comment.. wah.so modern..
hahahaha..she's 44 yrs old nia..
people's impression of CL is 50-60yrs old..
ahahaha..

but i think good to have younger ones..though not as experienced as older ones.. but more agile..and got common topic loh..
her kids are even younger than me.. hehhee.. :p
so we sometimes chat at nite..coz she sleeps with me.. :p

ok.. i shall try to go back sleep.. coz i cant sleep..thinking abt how's the forum doing.. hhahaa..

<font color="ff0000">Glamourmom></font>
to accomodate those who are waiting to receive their tanks frm Shelled, i've asked for extenstion frm my supplier to tue 10pm...
so those who still wanna order, PM me for the price list...
and send to me by tue 10pm..

those waiting for the tanks from shelled to check ur sizes, please check ur mailbox by 3-4pm, the tanks should be inside by Tue.
happy.gif

and get back to me asap....

Thanks!
happy.gif

Lina,
my boy was born on 22th sep, just 1 day diff from you. If the rashes is getting bad guess u better go see a doc.

Rach,
below got so smelly meh? I don't think i smell any thing when i change pad except the pad smell lor. Still don't dare to take mirror and see my stitches, so scary.

shelled,
browsed your photos. pris kong is your friend? she's my JC classmate.

lilac,
baby's bath supposed to be warm right? means you've gotta thaw all that EBM and then heat it up for the bath? sounds tedious ...

rach,
sounds like you've enjoyed your full month celebration. i'm also planning to invite abt 100-120 guests. i've just paid a deposit for the restaurant last week, but haven't gotten around sending e-invites yet.

lina and tiwi,
i had a galfriend who developed hives because of the ingredients in her confinement food. maybe you can skip confinement food for a couple of days to see how your rashes fare.

so many things to do ...
i think i'll settle on baby's chinese name this week so that i can bring him to the hospital to do up his birth cert. thereafter can apply for his baby bonus and his personal bank account. okies, going to wake my boy up now, clean him up and bring him for his PD appointment at NUH at 9am ...

Rach,
Need ur advise again. should i bring out 2 days ago ebm (frozen) to thaw for my girl or feed her today ebm? which 1 is better?

BF can eat ginger ma? seems like cant totally get rid of her jaundice.

wow. been so bz n tired. cl left on thurs nite. charged me additional 1 day, cos she say if stay till nite is extra one day. 6pm considered nite? faint. juz give her n send her off.

had bb first mth party on sat. whole day was gone. started off delivering cakes n praying from 9am n ended at close to 10pm when guest finally leave. by than was too tired n headed straight to bed.

yesterday went out shopping at orchard. after tat come hm pack de messy hm left behind fr the party. -_-"

Rach
My left boob still leaks lah. But both breasts still got milk. Sigh, i dun hv time to pump out as i'm alone w bb.

Think both of our bb can be gd frds, haha. She only sleeps when carried. Put her down will only sleeps 30min-45mins :p But thk God nite tine she okie.

I wonder why she got so much energy being awake so long. Now i'm carrying her , her eyes big big ....

Kat
I dun really like the MIM sling. Too much cloth liao,plus the pulling.I just join a BP selling the pouch. Hope this is easier

Back