(2009/09) September 2009 MTBs

<font color="ff0099"><font size="+1">Congrats to flower4 &amp; Ling!!</font></font>

<font color="ff0099">flower4</font>
So happy for you that you manage to do natural birth without needing to choose between being "safe" and what you actually want.
happy.gif

Congatulations...to Flower &amp; Ling... ;p

Hi Michelle...all the best to your labour, and looking for you to update your birth story. Actually, we have the same EDD...wow.. now going to pop soon...make me more anxious
happy.gif

congrats flower and ling!

so happy flower managed to do natural delivery in the end!

one by one mommy all popping, v excited even though i hv alreaddy popped!

am back home already. home sweet home indeed!

Hi all:

For mothers that discharge from KKH may I know do you all need to settle all the bill before you discharge or the bill will be sent to ur home later to be settled later

<font color="ff0000">CONGRATS Flower4, Ling</font>
Can't wait to hear all the birth stories and cutie little pies' pictures!!! :) So happy for you!

Every morning first thing i do is to see who pop liao.. so exciting! Yet i'm still in the waiting game!!! It's quite a torture.. cos now i am starting to monitor baby's movements.. seemed to be getting lesser.. i'm so worried! And i cannot sleep well at all. ):

Hi all, juz back...

*jenifur*

kindly update, thanks
happy.gif

Terrin Lee
2.655kg
48cm
natural with epi
1st Sept 2009

had 4 days stay coz was having heavy bleeding few hours after delivery...will update again when 'Free'...*hope so*

CONGRATS LING &amp; FLOWER4!! Terrin's a nice name
happy.gif

My little tyke was so frustrated last night, kept us up until 3am, she was hiccuping non stop for almost 30 mins!

Anyone's baby hiccup for so long? Any experienced mummies can advice on how to prevent hiccups or rather what to do when baby hiccup non-stop (and real loud too!)

I tried to burp her (according to Wong Boi Boi's book) for ages but hiccup remains!

Finally got her to sleep after 3 hours of feeding, pacifying and burping - so tiring!

<font color="ff0099">Paige</font>
Last night my bub also like that! I BF him 1am, 2.30, 3.30 and 4.30! Until my whole body ache from all the bending over to pick him up, put him down, rock him, burp him. OMG. And each time he fell asleep, he'll wake up shortly after cos he'll sneeze, or hiccup, or burp.
lame.gif

Finally 5am I woke my hubs up and ask him to take over. Cos if I still don't go sleep, my back sure hurt alot the next day. True enough, today my back is damn sore.

Then my hubs told me this morning, Keegan fell asleep shortly after he took over. All the way until this morning 7.30am for feed. BACKSIDE!!

Now both the boys napping, I am going to fasterly go take nap. Before I orh bak kak tonight again. Lucky it's weekend already! I can get my hubs to do night duty instead. hurhurhur. I am gonna get hubs to bring baby to me to BF so I don't have to leave the bed.
biggrin.gif

Congrats to Ling and Flower!! So excited to hear that you'll have popped.

Flower,
2 days ago, you were still anxious as to whether need to make a tough decision to go natural or induce or c-sec, right? Now, finally... your cute bb has decided to come out, the natural way!!! Yay... your bb very 'guai' yah... listen to mummy wish.. hehe... Now, it's my turn to be anxious liao...

I will be going to see Dr Wong later this afternoon. Will update all after my visit.

Wonder who will pop next....

Me too wishing Michelle all the best in her delivery.

Hi,

Just curious to know for those who did BW at Honeypot, there are so many different types. how to decide or they will recommend what suits preggies best?

princess
i'm also still in the waiting game!! wish she comes out now then i can cut short my working days... keke

girly
oh dear.. hope u are better now.. take care yah..

thanx for all de well wishes

keke. surfing now fr de hospital. scheduled csec on 030909 after a visit to gynae which shows contractions n signs of bleeding. admitted myself to mt a at 8pm. was told dere is no more single room. so decided to go for deluxe room. so bo liaos. 75bucks extra for de carpets, sound system n macritchie view -_-

haha. little javier is borned on 030909 at 2213hrs. weighin 2850g n lenght 49cm.

so tired after csect tat i slept till 1am. now finally have time to come in here for awhile.

paige> keke. i oso had bad feeling fr epidural. keke. but nvm la. it's all over n bb is healthy =p

lucky for u, ur bb willing to latch on. for mine, notti boy. wanna suck but refused to open his mouth big big. only once he managed to latched on, when de lactation consultant helped -_- after tat haven latch on liaos.

milkyway> ya. bb refused to wait till 090909 -_- so he's out oredi

Dear ladies,

I'm selling my seldom-used AVENT manual pump. I bought it less than 2 yrs ago so still quite new. It comes with two 120ml , two 240ml and two 360ml bottles. (teats not included due to hygiene concerns) I'm letting them go at $50 (price negotiable) Pls PM me if you're interested as I would not check this forum. Thank you and sorry for barging in.

sandwich> aiyah. too late, i really went to deliver last nite. u drop the barcodes in my mailbox first. i'll drop the book in ur mum's mailbox on sun/mon. cos i'll only b discharged on sun. is tat ok?

yesterday before i deliver i purposely went to buy one more ultra with the jack n de beanstalk book =p

Hi Mummies

would like to update that i have popped this morning at TMC

Method: Induced with epi
Baby's name: Mindy
Weight: 2.78kg
Length: 49cm

Must say that I am relieved, yet must express my dissatisfaction with the sevice level at TMC

Congrats to all mummies who hav pop! So many since I last log in....

Ling,
Can update my gal name... Season! Her length is 51 cm instead of 52 cm... gave u wrong info... Sorry abt tat... My location is Punggol... Thks!

Mummies,
Feel like giving up latching... will pump out instead... so tiring to keep on latching n she forever nt enough fr my latching...latch more than 1 hr still nt enough... dunno wat's went wrong... Those mummies who do latching..normal how long do ur bb latch on?

<font color="aa00aa">milkyway</font>
Yah loh. Ling's EDD after us also pop liao.. i wonder if next week is my turn.. i'm really feeling very uncomfortable now.. and i cannot sleep well.. plus the weather is freaking HOT. REALLY HOT. Fan blow directly at my face i still perspiring!

<font color="aa00aa">bbq98</font>
How are you? You pop liao mah har? Do you think we need to bring diapers for ESH?

<font color="ff0099"><font size="+1">Congratulations to the newly popped mommies!!</font></font>

<font color="ff0099">hollow</font>
What happened in TMC??

<font color="ff0099">funny76</font>
If actually drinking milk, is about 10-15 per breast. Some babies can take up to 30 mins per breast, depending on how fast they suck and how sleepy they are.

I think maybe your bb is latched on and sucking for comfort, and not so much for milk?

Shelled,
Dunno she suck for comfort or wat... Milk...definitely I hav...coz I pump out is more than enough for her...got 90-125ml per pump... sometimes even all over her mouth or my milk shoot on her face...Hahaha... Really tired latching her on...even my hb n mum say I pump out suan le... easier for mi n she oso had enough... Stll dunno wat to do...nvr encounter tis problem b4 coz last time my gal dun wan to latch on n I pump all the way...nw tis wan to latch on n such tia happen...really tiring...

<font size="+2"><font color="ff6000">Congrats to all the mummies who have popped, like hollow, ling, michelle, etc etc</font></font>

Just wanna say thanks to all the mummies here for your encouraging words &amp; advice. I'm also not really pro-BF-ing in the sense that I am anti-FM. But I do believe that FM is better for BB's health, so I'm trying my best to give him the healthier alternative to FM.

The PD said Samuel's 3.5kg today. So I guess he can't be starving if he can gain 900g in 3 weeks? He's still jaundiced so we did a liver function dunno what enzyme test. Not wuite sure what it is, but the end result is that his liver is ok, &amp; that he doesn't have breastfeeding jaundice, so I can continue to BF him. Best is.. I dun need to sun him. I really hate that! He was nice &amp; fair at birth &amp; he's orh bak bak now!

I am in a good mood, as u can see. I seem to swing b/w optimism &amp; fatalism all the time. Wodner if it's postpartum depression??? I hope I can continue to stay optimistic &amp; persevere with my BF. All other mummies must also jiayou k?

Mummies,

Currently i pump milk for bb and also give formula cos the milk supply nt enough for him. So do we still nid to give baby water???

Hi all,

I think I'm having the same problem also.. Baby Zavier is almost 1 week old. Latch him on for 1 to 2 hrs but he still feel hungry. So I alternate between formula &amp; Breastmilk... cuz pump once only got 100mls... enuff for one feed only... I only give a bit of water if he Hiccup... cuz heard that dun give infants below 6mths water...

Btw, any mothers got problem using Avent Milk Bottles?? The nipple flow seems to be too fast for my baby... end up he always drink too much gas in.. then hiccup... My medela bottle was fine...
Any better brands bottles to use?

Oh forgot to add in my birth story...

I'm working in the hospital, so as usual I was at work...

2pm Started to have a bloody show... no contractions yet... So I contacted my gynae &amp; arrange to go into delivery suite to check it out... Called hubby to pick up my hospital bag and come over to hospital once his work done...

5pm Went into Delivery suite after 5pm (cuz I knock off at 5pm), not much contractions still... comes like 30mins to 45mins... Cervix only open 2cm... So was send up to ward to wait...

1am Contractions started to get more regular... every 5 to 10 mins... cannot tahan liao so get the nurse to send me back to delivery suite to get gas...

5am Cervix was 3cm... still very slow in opening... getting high with all the gas...

8am Cervix was 5cm... still very slow in opening... Doctor induced my water bag &amp; gave me medications to increase my contractions &amp; make cervix dilate faster...

10am Cannot tahan the pain any more... so ask for epidural... Pelvis &amp; back was all numb from the contractions pain already... so didnt really feel the needle pain...

11am Was fully Dilated finally... with 10cm... Started to push cuz baby's head was seen already... but push very long the crown just cant come out... Epidural was off to let me feel more contractions to push... Baby's heartbeat dropping as too long labour plus Baby was pooing inside my tummy so they scare he injested too much poo will infect the lungs... I panic when I overheard them say might need to go for e-op if cant push out... In my mind, was thinking... "Shit, no matter what, I need to push him out, if not E-op will be extra cost..." Prof arrived &amp; after a few push no improvement so he uses forceps as baby's head was seen already... Within the next few seconds, Baby was out with my final push &amp; forcep... I didnt even realise that he was out until i heard him cry... Then I relax &amp; stop pushing... Lolx... Luckily baby was crying loudly... means his lungs is clear... but still admitted him to neonatal care for monitoring... :)

Princess, Yes I have delivered. ESH provides diaper and I have no regrets delivering there.

If you have any questions, pls pm me coz this thread moves too fast. I have no time to read and may miss your questions.

Thanks. They are okay but I have very low supply of BM and that makes me a bit depressed sometimes.

I have tried all means and ways but it just doesn't flow. I know Fenugreek may work but I am hesitant about taking it because it may cause wind in my boys if they can't absorb the herb.

Of course, the tiredness is beyond description.

thanx all for de well wishes. everything so far so good. keke. but got a big shock. after i manage to standup today afternoon, wow. a big clot of blood drop out. almost de size of a tofu. scared de hell out of me. tot wat happened -_-

funny76> think ling oso juz popped. de one updating now shuld b jenifur.

u shuld b glad ur bb willing to latch on. mine so lazy to open his mouth n yet he keep sucking away. dunno wat he sucking too -_-

shelled> thanx thanx. yeah. able to walk today afternoon. though now feeling abit pain at the wound. maybe cos i stop painkiller since this afternoon too. cos i tot not good to take too much painkiller. bb is a notti boy. refuse to latch on. only managed to latch him on twice successfully with feeding btw 10-20mins. once with the help of de lactation consultant, de other with the help of the nursery nurse.

now i got phobia when i hear bb crying. cos my boy have been crying alot today. maybe bcos of the many visitors coming in. he seems to be in a state of shock. pushed him back to de nursery before hubby headed hm to change. hope de nursery staff dun find him too noisy n send him back to me. =x

so now basically i m alone in de ward waiting for hubby to get changed n come back.

<font color="ff0099">bbq98</font>
Maybe your milk just hasn't come in yet? It took me a couple of days to get the milk flowing after J arrived, yet with K, I got engorged the 1st night I got home. I'm sure with regular latching on, your body will start making sufficient milk for both of them.
happy.gif

<font color="ff0099"> Michelle</font>
Good to see that you're well enough to login and update us! I also experience shock last time lor. Except mine wasn't tofu-size blood clot, it was a heavy gush of blood! Until I was standing in a puddle of blood. Almost scare my hubs into heart attack!
lol.gif

Wow, so good that you can stop painkillers already. This time round I took painkillers until K almost 2 wks old. Dunno why, but this time really more pain than last time. Then still gotta take care of J, so no choice but to take painkillers lor. But starting last Saturday I already stopped taking them also. Generally don't like to rely on painkillers.
happy.gif

Jiayou on the BF-ing! I think maybe bb still sleepy bah, that's why not latching on. K was also like that in the hosp. Then the nurse scold me ask why I never latch him 15 mins each side. Pls lah, cannot wake him, how to latch?!

shelled> keke. juz as i was saying i wanna stop painkiller, de pain became so bad. maybe cos i was coughin. wah. den can really feel de wound super pain. den bo bian. requested for my painkillers again =x

haha. de blood is really scary. juz last nite after de op, de nurse scared me. cos i ask dem for a change in clothes. de moment she changed me, she say wah, so much blood. den called more n more nurse in to c. in de end, called de doc. doc say as long as bp n all ok, no fever, den ok. heng.

ya. bb was so tired. twice he latched on till he fell asleep. de nurse here pretty ok. assured me dat bb have enugh food supply for 1-3days even if i dun feed him =p juz not sure if i can get him to latch of when we goes hm.

jul> keke. maybe he juz wan u to carry. like my little boy. put him in his tray, he keep crying. as long as carry, den ok liao.

CONGRATS TO ... flower, ling, girly, funny76, hollow, michelle, casandra and bbq98!

very fast!! about 25% of moms in our sept mommy's list have popped already!

<font color="ff0099">Jul</font>
lol.gif
Like I was saying earlier, last nite K fed at 1.30, 2.30, 3.30 and 4.30am. Once every hour!! Then still woke up and fed again at 7.30am.
lame.gif
Nothing is impossible lah. Could be growth spurt mah.

<font color="ff0099">Michelle</font>
Yup, coughing sure make it more painful. That's why that time I ask for early discharge! The aircon very drying and made my cough worse &amp; worse despite I guai guai take my cough meds while in hosp.

Why the nurse go ask other nurse come and see your bleeding? Really so much arh??

Casandra... congrats! last time i tried to use Avent for #1, even the smallest teat was too fast for new born. since then i switched to NUK

PD said it is ok to give bb a bit of water, about 10-20ml per day

Back