(2009/09) September 2009 MTBs

hi marie,
i'm only at 37 weeks and doc already says placenta shows signs of aging. am hoping it doesn't worsen cos i'd like to have a natural delivery.

Ling,

me eating breakfast nw, waiting for the cashier to bring us the cashier...

Finally can go home le... but the stupid binder is so uncomfortable, wonder hw long can i endure man.

hi mums,

think i experienced my first set of contractions early this morning. woke up in the middle of the night with some kind of tummy ache feeling. it lasts for about half a minute or so, then goes away. come back again after about five minutes. i didn't really time. just my own estimation. is this what they call braxton hicks contractions?

couldn't really sleep during that time, and just kept praying that baby is well, and will wait till next week at earliest to arrive.

any mums experienced something similar? can share your experience? my concern is after i feel this, how long more before labour? any forms of relief when you feel such contractions?

<font color="ff6000">Morning!!</font>
another day at work...
yawn.gif

jenifur
i still waiting to pop but i already joined the panda club leh... lol

Congrats to all mummies who have popped!
Exciting! Seems like more and more births are happening.

Paige
Your gal is so pretty!

isit normal for us to not be able to control our bladdeR? now it seems like i keep peeing abit at every few mins interval. sometimes i tot is my waterbag burst -_-"

myfavchoco> is de binder u mentiond for csec? is it de same one dat de malay massage lady is asking us to buy? cos i remember my gynae asking me to get a binder from de clinic too.

n how come de binder so uncomfortable ah??

<font color="ff0000">Congratulations to all who have popped this past week!!

We're hearing more &amp; more mummies popping each day!</font>

Ling
Sorry I owe you the info on length of my babes. Just checked their health booklet, here's the info :

<u>Length at birth</u>
Rezza : 52cm
Hannah : 46cm

Paige
Your gal is superbly adorable! I love her jet black hair and her eyes!!

Wah you're so strong to go through such a long labour! You really persevered through &amp; through!

HI,
I am from the March thread and am selling my PIS Advance. I used it more during the first two mths and on/off subsequently till now. Now on TBF and am going to intro solid food to my boy, so I don't need this pump now. Will use a manual one instead.

Bought it slightly below $800. Selling for $400.

If interested, pls email me at [email protected]

Thanks

oh no. starting to see some yellow, brown discharge/stain. m i really popping soon? or isit juz some tricks. waiting for my gynae's reply now.

i'm so stressed &amp; depressed. milk supply is low &amp; i can't seem to build it up after 1 week on fenugreek.

plus samuel's really fretful &amp; agitated.

he either drnks a bit, then struggles &amp; pushes away, then cries &amp; wants milk again.. then drnks, then pushes away again..

or he will sleep at the breast.

how to build up my milk like that?

<font face="segoe print"><font color="#FF6666">myfavchoco...</font>

ok.. i can see ur a little "off" today~
"waiting for cashier to bring us the cashier?" :p

Take care my dear... *hugs*</font>

Congrats to all the mummies who have popped...

paige>>>ur princess is so lovely..

Hi anyone tried this "full month baby" catering b4? Can share commends. wish to cater from this caterer but hope to hear from mummies who have tried b4.

hello gals!

Ling
thanks for updating! baby joseph is 53cm not 52. method of delivery is normal wo epi.

i didnt have episiotomy but i tore abt 2cm which gynae said is manageble. he said he tot i would make it but apparently baby's head is v big at 36.5cm.

ironically, although this is my 6th baby but this is my longest labour so far at 4hrs!! sat on the bed strapped to CTG till my butt aching! gynae said my cervvix has forgotten how to dilate! but heck lah, im just so relived its all over.

my birth story

3.30am woke up to pee thereafter coulsnt get back to sleep. felt tightenings abt 8 mins apart. i thought what the heck, this fella has given me 2 false alarms so i not gonna bother. tried to go back to sleep.

4.30am cannot leh! something not right, its still tightening although i felt its not that powerful. i thought this had to be it lah, went to poo and get my stuffs then wake hub up. i dun feel that safe to ward myself actually cos its not v strong contractions but i think dun wait oredy cos i scared wait once it came v fast then i got not enuf time to make it to hosp lagi cham!

5.45am reach hosp, went straight to labour ward. midwives asked me over the counter what i doing here. i saidd i need to deliver lah! they said sorry sorry cos cant see im preg over the counter and i still strolling in like school gal.

6am they did VE and told me i was only 4-5cm dilated!! shit! see i came too early! felt like a fool haha!! cos i never admit myself so early b4. i thinking to myself why i mother of 6 oredy still so silly???

i asked when r they calling my gynae? they said i only 4cm they wont call so early. ok lor nvm i LL.

6am hub mocking at me sayg i so experienced still can make this kind of boo boo make him wake up so early!

i asked midwive why dun they call my gynae i need him to break my waterbag so i can deliver IMMEDIEATELY! they refused say will call him abt 7 plus unless i fully dilate b4 then. i said what if that happened and he not in time to come. they keep telling me we will see how later. chey! treat me like a fool! so angry

7.20am i still sitting in bed wondering why contractions dun progress much. am gettg fed up of being strapped to bed and my butt was aching! midwive ccame to do VE and told me i was only 6cm! WHAT!! my cervix so seasoned and still dilating at 1cm per hour nia?? this fella really taking own sweet time to come out!

0830am gynae finally came! my saviour! he did VE told me i was 8cm. wah i so happy cos just an hour ago it was only 6cm. but i still not v convinced cos i knew how an 8cm dilation felt like and it definitely didnt feel like it was 8cm lor. anyway he broke my waterbag and said i will surely deliver within an hour.

0900 i told midwive i have urge to push. she did VE and darn it told me i was only 6-7cm. i said how can it be! just now gynae said oredy 8cm what! he said my gynae v generous always like to add 2cm, v standard one. chey! i so angry. ok lah nvm i wait lor!

0930 i made sure i really really need to push then made my hub scream for midwive. she said she will do VE again and made me lie flat down so uncomfortable cos i wanna sit up to push! then nvm, when i hvg one big contraction i told her i hvg contraction but she still deaf to my worrds just poked her hand in! wow that hurts!!she checked yes yes its time. woohoo i so happy finally the hour has come!!

they started setting up everything and screaming for my gynae to come. meanwhile asked me to hold my push. wah lau i so fed up still asked me not to push!

0940 gynae rushed up. my hub was amazed he could rush up so fast. he said yah lah i gotta set aside all patients just to deliver ur baby fast!

i hadd one widwife each on my left and right pushing and squeezing my tummy through each contraction and push. wah damn painful, more painful than my pushing itself! they really treat my tummy like some kinda wash board!

0945am after 3 very hard pushes and baby head was out with loud cries!!! one more push and his whole body was out! wah what a relief!

bb had light meconium stain. apparenly he pooed a lil inside already. but pd checked n everything is good no issue.

thanks everyone for ur well wishes !

Hi!!

I'm a MTB due 3rd nov...

I have a few new medela freestyle breast pumps which I want to sell. Bought in the USA. Selling for $650 (neg). Very very good breast pump. A bit ex but its worth it! Hands free too.

I saw it selling at Taka fair for $799.

Here is the website to find out more.

http://www.medelafreestyle.com/

Please sms me if you are interested! 91915100

Take care moms!!

<font face="segoe print"><font color="#FF6666">mamato6...</font>

oops sorry! Josephs' length amended. Thanks!

Wah.. seems like the midwifes are pissing u off throughout ur labour eh?

I hope i can also be like u wor.. urs is considered short labour as compared to other mummies.. I also want... hurhur~

Oooo~ ur boy is so adorable! *lightly pinch cheeks* heez...

Do take care and rest well!</font>

mamato6js,
baby joseph so adorable. He look so contented... The photo must be taken after a feed right? hehe...

Re: Pressure in vaginal area... (found this on a website.. quite interesting)

Question: Could you be going into labor soon if you feel stinging and pressure in your vaginal area?

Answer: Stinging and pressure is usually from the head resting low on the cervix, pelvis, and pubic bone. Signs of labor are steady contractions--most feel like a back ache at first or period cramps that flow up your abdomen. I was concerned about this as well because I experience the same, and cannot sleep due to it. It makes pregnancy miserable but it doesn't mark that it's on it's way to ending.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Could_you_be_going_into_labor_soon_if_you_feel_stinging_and_pressure_in_your_vaginal_area

Congrate to those who had pop. Happy liao lor.

Hi Printz n Such,
Me also confuse what is contraction. A bit pain here n there. Now back is pain too. think is due to bb weight.

Anyone induce? Any pain u encounter?

Mama to 6Js
Congratulations once again! Baby Joseph is so cute and he looks so healthy!!
You are really lucky because your longest labour is 4 hrs even after 6 babies! But sad to hear the nurses really pissed you off.

Ling
Coping with the twins - I think I can go crazy sometimes. Ya I'm like a cow, after feed one, time to feed the other. If both cry sorry la one just got to wait for his/her turn. Because of this I also give them formula milk if not cannot cope with 100% breastfeeding ar.

Yest my massage lady massaged my breasts to soften the milk ducts, super painful I could CRY!

hi connie,

looks like i'm not alone. i'm quite clueless as to what to expect with contractions. this morning's was pain while it lasted. good thing didn't last so long. not sure if labour contractions feel the same? or i suppose it should be much more intense.

i get back pains too. most times it's after i've been walking around for a long time. but sometimes for no rhyme or reason, it'd hurt too. kinda like a sharp piercing pain.

Mama to 6Js
Congrats! Baby Joseph look so cubby and lots of hair too.
You're so steady leh, I also want 4hrs labour.

Jul
Was wondering if u'r ok, cos never hear from you for so long. Dun give up!

question about baby monitors

any of you bought baby monitors? which one did you buy? any notes to share after your "research"?

i'm still looking around. currently looking at the philips dect range. any idea if this is available at the taka fair, and how much they are selling?

Congrats to all mummies who hv popped!

mamato6js - congrats too! Wow...i m so envious of ur labour of juz 4hrs wo epi! My 1st bb took 10hrs w epi somemore.
sad.gif
Hopefully tis 2nd one will b shorter.

My symptom of labour for my 1st bb was contractions, so i can share sme info on real contractions here. The intervals for real contractions will get closer n closer as labour progresses. Mine started mildly in late morning at 1-2hrs apart. The pain was like mild menstrual cramp. By late afternoon, it was like every 20-30min. When contraction intervals was like every 15mins apart n pain was quite unbearable, I knew it was time to head to the hosp. I was 3cm dilated when admitted. Whole labour took 10hrs when I was in labour ward till the time I gave birth. Hope my experience helps!

mamato6

haha ur birth story made me luff n cheered me up a bit.

itsy n all the gals

paiseh din drop in for so lomg. but really v stressed n depressed n tired to pop in. gd to see that all of u r doing well.

<font color="aa00aa">mamato6Js</font>
CONGRATS! Your Baby Joseph is so adorableeeeeee!! HUGS! I am still waiting and waiting.. when will be my turn! LOLS! Your labour really damn short.... i wish mine would be that short too...

<font color="aa00aa">jul</font>
Don't be depressed!! I'm sure the kind mummies here will help you with their advices on breastfeeding!! jiayou!! jiayou! i believe you can do it!!

<font color="aa00aa">michelle</font>
I just woke up not long and i see some yellow discharge. Not much but it's yellowish. Other than that, nothing else liao. Can't even feel any tightening at all.. totally can't feel braxton hicks till now... and my tummy really very high! ):

V area will will sore at times but not very frequent... i don't seemed to be going to deliver in this month that kind loh.. sigh!

<font color="aa00aa">jenifur</font>
Haven deliver, i already like panda.. i think after deliver, i will look like vampire cum panda! >.< How's your little one doing now??? :)

<font color="ff0000">rollmyeyes!</font>
Last night i came home, my fil spoke to me AGAIN about confinement issues. I shoot back politely directly, but actually i sounded quite pissed already. Haha. Guess what he said to me now.... i was laughing horribly to tell him how silly his words are.. i really very angry liao okay...
(1) What milk you feeding baby? I said Breastmilk. He said feed during day is okay, night time change to formula. BECAUSE formula is more FULL, feed from NIGHT then let him sleep till MORNING then wake up drink again! My hb was laughing too! And said might as well put RICE and feed him, even more full. His reasons you know what : Give baby formula so that he will not disturb ME, and of course FAMILY!!! ãbabyãǶã I told him that EVEN if i no intention to feed breastmilk, i will still have to wake up every 2-3hours to feed baby!!!!! Doesn't he know newborns and young infants will be like that!!!!!!!! Then he continued saying HOW LONG I WANNA FEED with BREASTMILK? I said as long as i can lah... then he said, YOU GO OUT HOW TO FEED, YOU NOT PAISEH ONE MEH... kaoz! My hb told him there is something call BOttle and nursing ROOM. He was like SHOCKED! Then he said i buy so many bottles for what, 1 is enough. I told him that is for me to store in the fridge. Then he said cold how to drink. KAOZ. My hb helped me to shoot back say... we got the WARMER to make it HOT! He kept saying breastmilk will stop after awhile, we won't have milk. I feel so sicko telling him so much about breastfeeding lah.... urgh.. end up i said as long as i keep feeding him with breastmilk, i will still have milk! Say so much to him, is useless. So keep it short &amp; sweet!
(2) Day time ask me on the fan, night time then on the aircon NOW. Cannot keep on the aircon, not good! I think he scare the BILL explode lah! hahahahaa.. then on the aircon at 29degrees.... my hb was telling me in the room after that, we will have 3 tomato face then! now we on 25 already hot.. on 29? aircon gonna spoil too!
(3) BEST is... cannot touch water. SO cannot wash hands, brush teeth, wash face!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Only can bathe with herbs once every few days. SInce cannot touch water, i cannot bathe baby. WHO IS GOING TO DO THAT! He posed this question is to ask me what am i going to do, not how he gonna help cos he cannot do it. I told him my hb. He said you sure he can do it. FINE! GIve my hb some support mah.. everything also say my hb cannot do... my hb hear already very sad one leh... kaoz! URgh! At least my hb is much better than him lah... hahahaa
(4) COnfinement i doing 30days or 40days... does it matter to HIM? No right.. so i just said 40days lah... hahahaa...
(5) You doing confinement here right,.. keep asking me this! I am not going to tell him my last minute decision or what... who cares lah... hahaaa... as long as baby &amp; i got to eat, clean, sleep.. none of his business cos he is NOT HELPING anything at all. Hahahahahaaa.....
(6) He asked me, your doctor got tell you exactly when you want to deliver not! Oh my god! What rubbish now.... i told him anytime now... he say got like that meh.... i really dont know what era he was in okay... i was laughing horibbly cos i dont want to get mad and cry after that.. so i laugh and laugh, one ear in one ear out... lols... i sounded evil right, but who cares ah! Then he asked if i will know i want to deliver liao or not......................... -.-"
(7) Again, about one month hold at where.......... my hb just tell him, HAVEN'T THINK OF YET!
(8) Now, ask us to buy disposable diapers instead of wearing napkins cos he know i cannot wash, then who gonna wash? He scare we ask him to wash. My hb ask him to help wash lah, he say HUH and change topic! He say anyhow buy those cheap brands of disposable diapers will do. Wear already throw. Kaoz. Who on earth will keep the disposable diapers after wearing???? And he say buy any cheap brands! no need buy those got brand one.. i told him WE BOUGHT already. He said HUH. Also not he pay, he huh for what. my hb was asking, can claim from you issit? He change topic again. I told him that doesn't mean that we can get any brands one lor.. explain until he say.. Up to you all lah... of course up to us lah.. we are the baby's parents not him.. we are the one paying not him.. i am the one pregnant with him... he is only the grandfather who sits there and command and demand!

Everything he said, he told us, I WENT TO ASK AROUND, I Check with others already. Now i tell him about my response, i believe round 2 coming again after he go and ASK AROUND again. so auntie! Hahahaa...

Hope my complaints and grumbles do not make you all Sianz 1/2. hahahaaa

Jul, dont get too stressed by BF. By getting stressed your body will not be able to produce milk too.
When i had my elder boy, he couldnt latch on, and my milk supply was low. Though it can get quite fustrating not able to produce enuf milk, pls dont get too "obsessed" with it. Of course, ideally if we can fully bf our babies, it will be great. But not all mothers are privileged to be able to fully BF their kids.
So i supplement his feed with FM and at the same time pump out my BF and fed him thru bottles.
Slowly, my milk supply increased and i managed to sustain my supply for the next 6mths.
Importantly, enjoy motherhood and yr time with yr baby.

<font color="aa00aa">mampoko</font>
In short, IF we experience contractions as signs of labour, we will definitely be able to know right???? Usually we will admit ourselves when the interval is like 10mins apart? The elders all keep saying i am so stubborn, don't want to listen to them... sigh.. i am actually mentally prepared but they keep saying until like i am those very stupid kind who doesn't know.. and they can say what if i FAINTED? I just kept quiet and got scolded again. Very charm leh... want to deliver liao.. also let people scold for nothing... sian.. i know they worried and excited.. but no need scold me say me one mah.. i really look so stupid and dumbo to them meh! It's so disheartening that everyone -see me and hubby no up- loh! haiz.

jul
LTNC... i'm sure i will also face the same probs that u r having now. let the expert mummies help u k.. dont stress... jia you!

mamato6js
Congrats!! Bb joseph is so adorable with chubby cheeks!! and u got a very short labour!

soreness and cramps with occasional BH Contractions
i have been experiencing the soreness getting more sore these few days and also cramps like those menstrual cramps leh... having some BH contractions but irregular and inconsistent. does it mean labour is nearing too??

princessxiaomei - Ya u will know it when the time comes. If u notice ur contractions are getting closer n stronger each time e.g 15min apart. Get ready to go to hosp soon. Dun wait till contractions are too strong e.g. 5-10mins apart then admit, coz we will not know how fast or how slow our cervix will dilate. Thus, the best way is to be admitted to let the midwife or ur gynae chk on u.

<font color="aa00aa">mampoko</font>
OKie dokie. At least if the interval is about 20mins-15mins, i must standby liao.. shower etc.. then once 10mins apart must get ready to get out of the house. LOL! I also dont know go too early or not late..

I'm at my 39th week now. Just had a light spotting. Going to see my gynae tomorrow evening. Wonder if labour is going to start soon. :p

another 4 more days to my edd and still no signs at all. Only have sore and heaviness at pelvis.. the occasional cramps which I can't even differentiate between stomachaches, cramps or BH. Other than that, really nothing else.
What is wrong with me?
sad.gif

oh no. juz back fr gynae clinic. doc say i m 1cm dilated, contraction intervals close to 5mins apart. doc ask me admit myself to hospital at 8pm tonite. will update u all again.

i'm off to pack my luggage.

Thanks all for the well wishes!!

If not for epidural, I think I will go mad!
I was also breathless and shivering non-stop (my hubby said my lips were all blue) after delivery...i vomitted buckets as well. I had a bad reaction from epidural
sad.gif

Yup, all worth it when i see her smile...really thank God she is a very good baby and a good sucker...so milk supply came in fast, but I persistenly breast feed her every 2hrs to establish good milk flow and really thank my mum who is my lactation consultant! :p

To the rest, don't give up, just be persistent in breastfeeding...jia you!!

Thanks for all the encouragement gals. I wun give up. Asked hubs to go get some teats &amp; bottles tonight so we can supplement with FM. Sam fed at 130pm, then 330pm, still not full. Guess I have to face reality liao.

jul

don't worry too much abt supplementing at this moment. my ds was feeding every 1.5 to 2 hours intervals for the 1st couple of months (think up to 3 mths) b4 he stretches his feed to more than 2 hourly. supply will build up as there're demand. it might looks discouraging at 1st but if u really want to hang on, it'll be all worth while. I eventually managed to continue my bfg career for almost 2 years. ;) jia you.

camomile

Did he look satisfied at the end of the 2h feed? Sam is still licking his lips &amp; sticking out his tongue - looks like still looking for milk. Then he doesn't sleep, prob b/c he's not full?

jul

ltnc! sorry to hear you're having a hard time. try to rest and relax more...i heard from my friend that drinking lotsa freshmilk or mummies milk can also help increase the milk supply. also, try not to drink too much water, unless its those longan water with red dates...as it will diluate the supply according to her. are u pumping also?

Back