(2009/09) September 2009 MTBs

<font color="0077aa">Morning mummies...</font>
<font color="ff6000">TGIF!!!</font>
smile.gif

wow shelled, that's really very late at nite.. hehe.. anyway thanks for coordinating the BBmall thing.. hope to get it resolve soon so that we can collect our stuff from u
kao_clap.gif

Ling
I wanted to eat Pineapple rice too but my mum told me not to, not cos of the pineapple but cos of the yellow ginger (or something like that) said will make bb jaundice. Anyway, moderation lor, eat a bit should be ok.

Gd Morning!

Wow thread moving fast n furious this few days.. cos of all e sprees ar? hehe

Shelled.. dun get upset ya.. u’re doing a great job lo..i ordered mine from another spree long b4 ur spree… nw still no update yet..

Food to avoid > seems diff gynae diff advise too.. my gynae says peanuts allergy is more for ang mo.. chinese very very low chances.. but well.. if u’re e cautious type. No harm just avoid lo.. hehe anyway I’m not a big fan of peanuts n pineapple.. but recently dun know y will hve slight craving for pineapple!! Last time I dun eat at all.. but I know pineapple is very rich in some vits.. durian shld be due to the high sugar content.. so can eat but not too much as well..

Had the cheese dips, nachos and cheese meltz yest.. hehe mayb I was expecting too much ba from all e gd comments.. find e cheese meltz ok lo.. not fantastic but ok lo… like not very cheesy.. or maybe my pan fried skills nt gd.. I prefer e chips n cheese dip more…

oh ya.. supposed to update some on the pricing of mt A after my frien delivered.. she is still waiting but she has decided to go TMC instead as adv by her gynae cos of the H1N1.. so will not be able to adv on mt A pricing already

aiyo...so busy early in the morning. Was at home past 2days quarantine cos my boss's son got the H1N1 virus. Our big boss kiasu so ask the whole dept to stay at homoe for 2 days first.

Hi Shelled,

We understand its not ur fault...cool down,dont be angry not good for the bb. Need to inform u i cant change mine cos my bb is sleeping on single bed, the size doesn't fit my mattress...sorry
sad.gif

Gd morning... feeling so tired even though it fries~day..

<font color="0077aa">shelled</font>
sorry for late reply.. i was thinking abt the pads.. i ordered 2 Lock-Stitched fitted Pads already.. so i dun think i wanna change to another fitted padding wor.. meant to use the flat pads on other beds/ sofa if bb not sleeping in cot
unless i can find someone else to sell the 3rd one away, after i exchange =P

anybody want a waterproof or Water Absorbent &amp; Quilted Fitted Crib Pad from me?
haha i think it 28"x52"

<font color="ff6000">Good Morning Mummies!!!

Hope u ladies have got a good night's rest...

For me, Shiok ah! I had a betta slp last night man... Fell aslp at 12plus and only woke up at 10 this morning. I managed to slp thru without having to wake up n pee.. lol... My tummy looked somehow in a little odd shape when I woke up, so I suppose my gal was in a position away from my bladder... haha..</font>

Morning gals..

Not really TGIF coz it's another sucky day at work with sucky issues to tackle. But nvm, it's Fri after all! Jiayou jiayou!

shelled

Thanks! Hope I can get refund on my caps. Dunno why my 2 orders for caps all not successful one. Angry leh!

<font color="0000ff">katherine...

oh? I tot it was yummy wor.. Cos to me, if the cheese dip was too cheesy, i would have gotten sick of it very fast de..

Hubby came back on Tues evening, I told him abt the nachos dips n he went to try... Aft trying, he kept wanting more the next day.. haha... Not to mention, he liked the salsa too!

Maybe we all got different expectations ba.
happy.gif
</font>

<font color="119911">Moojenn,

Nope. No Reply from Jenifur regarding the Lansinoh milk bags yet. Tink she was out the whole day yest. We'll have to wait ba...
happy.gif
</font>

<font color="aa00aa">To the mummies who have ordered the crib pads via Shelled,

Hmm.. Seriously No offence ah! Just a suggestion and its still up to u la.. The fitted absorbent crib pad may not be wat we want cos its meant for other use on other beds or surfaces.. I totally understand this fact. But what i tot of was, at most can cut off the fitted skirting of the fitted crib pad so it becomes a flat sheet instead? That was what i intend to do if I really dun need an extra fitted one. Yea.. I know its a little dumb to be cutting off the skirting to make it a flat sheet since we paid for it and its also not what we have ordered. But of cos, its also a diff of 2pc n 1pc la..
and Unless there are really 2 other mummies who are willing to take the single fitted absorbent pads. We have now only 2x 2pk flat sheets to be divided among 4mummies? hmm..

or like what Jess have mentioned, that is to give up and sell the absorbent pads for any takers here (if any). Yes, it is 28"x52" [a std bb cot mattress size] The absorbent pad n waterproof pads are actually the same according to the descriptions in bbmall online.

U ladies make the call ya?...

Cheerz!!!</font>
happy.gif

Hi mummies,

Wana ask, has anyone been falling sick through the pregnancy ?

I have been seeing my GP for general ailments as many times as I go for gynea check ups. I was down wif flu in March and see my GP 3 times. In between I've got runny nose etc... This time round down wif sore throat, then stuffy nose &amp; cough 2 wks ago. Till now, still dry throat and cough with thick green phlegm. Was prescribed anti-biotics last nite to clear the phlegm. I mentioned to my gynea last time tat I was given anti-biotics, she said I should take to restore my health. The medication is safe if I have already told my GP I am preg.

I've been eating well with home cooked dinner every night, occasional herbal soup &amp; bird's nest etc.. But my immune system is simply low, so sick of being sick.

Tri 1 was lousy wif MS, tri 2 never had boost in energy. Approaching tri 3, still no energy, not to mention being tired wif a heavy belly. Till now I have done minimal shopping, but since it is my #2, I dun have much to buy.

Can anyone advise wat to do wif my health? So sianz !

wifey
<blockquote>Try eating more fruits and taking Vitamin C. Most importantly, try to rest more. Perhaps your body is weaken after #1. During this confinement, remember to eat and rest well k?</blockquote>

Wifey,
Me, also have been falling sick through the pregnancy. It's common to fall sick during pregnaqncy cos our immune system are not that strong.
Just take more fruits, vit supplements and rest bah...

<font color="0077aa">Ling</font>
no offence taken la..
ur suggestion is gd.. to cut the sides.. but i'm just too lazy to sew up the seams after cutting them .. :p and my sewing skills sucks lo.. so asking if anybody wants the 3rd piece after i changed the options :p

<font color="0077aa">New MTB</font>
i bought it recently.. hopefully it really gd to use.. my thinking is that i can freeze EBM (if any) then use freezer safe zoplock or cheaper BM ziplock bag to keep!
next time can freeze food puree.. i think =)

Jess,
But are the milk trays cover all individually? and wont it be contaminated or nt that good to take it out when wan to use then out back the rest into the freezer again? That's what my colleague said la which I think quite true also.

wifey, moojenn

Me quite opposite. Only kena bad cough once this pregnancy, &amp; it managed to get well in 2 weeks. Usu I get coughs &amp; fall sick very often, &amp; my coughs take like 1 mth+ to recover. Maybe it's the multi-vits, fish oil etc supplements that I've been taking haha.

<font color="0077aa">Moojenn</font>
the lid cover entirely over 1 tray.. not individual slots =)
the lady advised once the EBM is frozen, with clean hands removed the frozen EBM sticks and transfer them in the ziplock lo.. so can freeze more EBM with the emptied tray. Then u can label the filled ziplock bag to know the dates. (if u worry then buy sterilised BM ziplock bags?

And have to freeze immediately to stop growth of germs/ bacteria after expressed.
And not to re-freeze those thawed milk sticks.

since it to be frozen in stick form, easier to handle and put stick by stick into the milk bottle to warm it up.. =) just my thoughts.. (makes things ez for my hubby to help me.. no wastage also cos no spillage after frozen)

<font color="0077aa">wifey</font>
i was also sick throughout the 1st and 2nd tri. and used up a lot of MCs in office, till recently (after 6 mths) then i feel bits better only..

Recently still feeling a bit dry throat, bits of cough on and off..

Take care.. and really rest well.. drink plenty fluids and vitamins!
2 more mths to go! jiayou!

Storing Breastmilk

Actually I just bot a pack of Playtex liners (think got 140 in the pack?) for emergency, in case I need to store BM. Coz staying home the first 16 weeks mah, not sure if I need that much. I can aws get thru sprees here b4 I return to work.

I din buy storage bots for the same reason - not sure if need to store anything. So later on, then get the bottles.

In fact I din even buy any milk bots. I got 2 150ml, 3 250ml from Pigeon &amp; 1 250ml from Avent (either freebies or as part of some bundled deal with the steriliser). So I dun intend to buy yet.

Hello mummies! TGIF~

Just wanna ask ah.. usually during baby one month's celebration right, when you ladies order those boxes of red eggs etc.. it's usually for who?? relatives &amp; close friends? or relatives only? or everyone who comes? Like that a little hard to order leh... LOL!

<font color="0077aa">Jul</font>
yep yep.. i din buy any bottles yet.. just gotta free/ bundled bottles that all..
my colleague advised me not to buy first they might not like the teats of diff. brands of bottles. He said his #1 can take any teats but #2 get used to the yellowish ones in hosp that after discharge dun like other types of teats liao... so cute..

Hello Mommies~

Just yesterday, My MIL said I look like I'm gonna Deliver earlier than my EDD. >.<

She told me to pack my stuff and put them in the car just in case.

So... I was thinking, What do I need to bring/buy to pack?

Help anyone? =3

Pamelia
Have u book ur hospital??? the hospital should have given u a list of gudielines as to what u need to bring.. including the documents ic, marriage cert etc...

Kiddo,

I booked TMC, But not confirmed what bed to take. I am afraid I choose 1 bedded for privacy but they still restrict to 2 person per room... So I'm Stuck!!!

Why will we need marriage cert? o_O

I went to the site.

It stated:

What to Bring For Your Stay
For maternity patients, please bring along your:
• personal nightgowns (front-open types for easier breastfeeding)
• maternity brassieres
• cardigan or dressing gown
• bedroom slippers
• sanitary belt (optional)
• sanitary towels (optional)
• polythene bags (for your soiled linen)
Note: It is advisable to have a bag ready with these necessary items packed 2 to 4 weeks befoe estimated delivery date.

We will provide the following for your newborn baby:
• baby vests
• disposable diapers
• toiletries
• a baby bag
• wrapping blanket
• a pair of mittens
Basic toiletries throughout your stay with us will be provided. However, you may also like to bring along your personal clothing, cosmetics and toiletries for a more comfortable stay. You are advised against bringing large sums of cash or valuables.

<font color="0077aa">Pamelia</font>
marriage cert is to register bb's name and birth certificate if u have decide the name liao.. to register in the hospital..
=)

in their webby too (TMC)
they state single bedded allow 3 visitors... including spouse.. so still 2 visitors.. but maybe by then wont be so strict.. as long as dun disturb other patients and make a "loud noise"

ling> keke. i oso, arghh.. it's getting so itchy sometimes i got to keep myself bz, so i forget de itch. yalo. cannot img when bb is out, my whole tummy red color. cos all stretchmark -_-

shelled> faint. y feel stupid, ya lo, like small kid young, u oso tok to them, juz tat my bb haven learned to tok, doesnt mean he dun understand me toking to him ma -_-" me n hubby olways tell bb dun kick too hard, n tell him at nite late liao, time to go sleep. den hubby will kiss my tummy pretending to kiss bb =p

jess> must avoid tea? my doc nv say, n i olways take tea =x

ya. i oso heard abt mt a giving free bb bathtub. cos hubby's colleague who juz delivered dere early this yr, got the bathtub.

oh no. i drink alot of cold water too. cos i can nv take hot water =x

jul> wow. ur class so many freebies. mine only first class got one moisturising cream to prevent stretchmark+one pack of milk+something for bb to bite when his teeth is growing.

gina> y buy 2nd hand bb cot? i saw robinson sales at expo selling this cot at 200+ comes with matress n 3pcs bedding set. u might wanna check it out. its more hygenic to get something new =)

rach> cos i gettin fat, n it's high in sugar n carbo, which is wat pregnant woman shuld avoid -_-

katherine> y with h1n1 need to go tmc? mt a not safe? my doc ask me to stick to mt a

moojenn> wah. u better take care. hope u din go too near ur boss. =x

wifey> i was actually coughing on n off during de whole pregnancy, but din really c a doc. cos before pregnancy was already like this. but only got once, got gum infection. 1wk mc -_-" which was de only time i saw de gp to get antibiotic.

till date, have taken like 12mcs this yr -_-"

pamelia> marriage cert to register bb's birth cert? n to get bb bonus? cos without legal marriage, we are not entitled to all de bb bonus n xtended maternity leave.

subject to individual .. i will settle all things during the hospital stay like the Birth cert and the Cash bonus etc...

the basic items had been stated... so what to pack imagine u going for a 3 day 2 nite chalet what would u bring along lor!!! 8)

What my bag consist
1) nite gowns
2) sanitary pads
3) face towels
4) tolietries
5) cardigain (in case too cold or go downstairs walk walk with a cardigain look nicer)
For bb
6) a set of clothes upon discharge including mittens and receiveing blankets
Others
7) A set of clean clothes upon discharge for ourselve. (can get hb to bring later if forget)
8) My Lappy!! (can't survive without it)
9) Photocopy documents such as marriage cert, bank book. As i will try to complete all process during stay at hospital.

suppose that all i din bring many items lar.. except the most impt is the sanitary pads... coz use kotex one TERRIBLE...

pamelia,

have u received the letter from TMC? it should confirm which bedder you wanna take.

marriage cert i think is to register the parents name of the baby.

kiddo,

the hospital rooms are equipped with free wireless is it? i forgot liao. hmm.. wondering now if i should bring my lappy too.

kiki
i'm not 100% sure last round 2yrs back it does had free wireless but feedback is very very slow... i do have my own mobile surf so no diff to me

ooo my hospital is MT A not sure for the rest

michelle

Ok lah, u also got some freebies which I dun have mah.

Actually I dun really mind whether we get these freebis or not. Coz it's not what I wud choose for myself anyway. Just that if gimme, I will be obliged to use mah.

michelle

Btw the bottles freebies are not all from the antenatal class. Only 1 Avent bottle is from the class. The other bottles are bundled together with other things that I bot.

Btw I also drink cold drinks, tea etc. Tea, u can totally dun drink. Or max u keep to 2 cups a day. Depends on whether u're a liveral or a conservative hahaha.

jul,

its recommended that you pack and get ready the hospital bag by wk 35. so now can slowly think about what to pack mah. hehe...

Back