(2009/09) September 2009 MTBs

jess> ur class sounds so much more interesting than de one i attended at mt a. de whole lesson - 2hrs. only tok abt mother's nutrition. nearly fell asleep. only consolation was there's food to eat during break. cos i was super hungry. rushed down after wk, so no dinner. only manage to grab a bread.

gina> ops. really bb will come out earlier? oh dear. my husband like to bring bb on a merry go round ride. esp when bb dun kick him. haha. he juz turn my stomach in a big round circle. -_-"

omg. u can still go PC show? hubby refuse to let me go. initially wanted to get a laptop. but decided to keep de money n spend on bb. haha. now my shopping only revolves ard all de bb shops.

massage> wow. went for compassvale massage today. felt so good. initially was like bones breaking apart. keke. money well spent! but.... 24km to go there fr my hm -_-"
 


Jess / Re: Robinsons Sale
I was at Centrepoint Robinsons by chance. Hahaha, didn't plan on going, but somehow ended up there. So damn hard to find the way to go up to Level 6 Children's Dept! Almost cannot find the escalator lor. Either that, or it's cos I am damn stupid lah.
lol.gif


Alot of brands having discounts of 10%-20%! Saw Babysafe Infant Pillow going at 2 for $32, including 2 pillowcase. Didn't see mattress though.

I think the discounts are applicable to breastpumps also, because I saw quite a few preggy moms looking to buy. But I didn't ask cos I don't need to buy pump... Paiseh.

But i think if mommies here still have baby necessities to buy, should go there to take a look, cos really quite comprehensive range of products on discount.


Michelle
Hahahaha. Ivy massage my shoulders and back also DAMN PAIN lah. Then I always go ouch ouch ouch until she finish. But the moment she finish, and I get dressed, WAH, I really feel so much more mobile than before. No aches and pains!


Re: Finger/Hand numbness & pain
Mommies suffering from this should read this article from BabyCentre: http://www.babycenter.com.sg/pregnancy/antenatalhealth/physicalhealth/fingerpainandnumbness/
It should answer all your questions!!
happy.gif
 
*jess*
You all know who you are???? I don't know leh.. because i am the LAST to reach.. so i think you know which is me lah.... LOL!

We couldn't find parking lots lah... end up go here go there... then park at the opposite side loh.... so damn late... damn paiseh ah!!!
 
thanks jess,
my class today at TMC oso very boring.. but the staff nurse like hilarious whenever she explain things

most of the time, spend on exercise & seeing slides lor.
 
hee princess.. i got short memory on this.. u r seated on the right side near the "recept" table?
i was abt the 3rd last couple to reach.. mrs wong was talking already.. so we quickly settle down n try to concentrate. I'm seated on the 2nd left of mrs wong.. nearest the projector.. b4 the shifting..
She was talking quite fast.. so was concentrating on what she was talking abt and what we had missed :p
 
michelle: sorry leh i trying to picture everything u said. how your hubby turn your tummy into one big circle? O_O hahaha hearsay from them lo not sure if it is true :p

oh my hubby work there mah haha.. one of his colleague keep saying i shouldn't be there -.- coz they move stocks etc I very guai le lo, never go for 2 days le. Else normally i help out during the 4days of show. Which reminds me.. there is another show in sept. If bb come early.. wonder how he can concentrate sia HAHAHA

laptop ah.. what brand and model u looking at? I can check with his company
happy.gif
They carry multi-brands hehe
 
Hi shelled
dunno still will have discount after today at robinsons.. too bad cant go today. will watch out another big sale!!
 
Morning ladies.

Robinsons Sale
Didn't get much from the sale as the post-discount prices still weren't that attractive. Bought a couple of bags for travelling though. Think for the baby stuff, am really looking forward to the taka sale in Aug (speculated from previous posts).

Date of the Outing
Has the date been confirmed? I'm in town on both dates so will be fine either way, though 16th is preferred as my wife will be working on the 30th.
Thanks for organising!

Have a wonderful day ahead!
 
Good morning! Sian.. early in the morning kena #$%%#@@ by boss liao. Super bad mood now *sigh* Hope the rest of the week goes smoother!
 
Speaking of busy busy.. Hubby has decided we shd do some reno to tear down the walk-in wardrobe & change to "normal" cupboards so that we can shift the bed & sleep in the MBR. Leaving our present non-MBR for Babylet.

Sigh, at this stage need to engage contractor, do reno, move things.. but must be done if we're ever gonna do lah. Just very daunting at this stage.

Looks like I dun need to wash Babylet's clothes, set up cot etc till at least late Jul liao! *mouth big big*
 
Hi ladies, me thinking of getting the baby safe matress. Any place got promotions?

By the way, I am a bit concern like wat if the bb's urine soak the matress...
 
puroland

U can get a waterproof sheet or mat to place underneath. I very KS, bot 2 waterproof mattress protectors to wap ard the mattress. But I actually haven't gotten the mattress yet haha.
 
Jul - i'm self declare MC today whahahahaha No mood to work wake up in the morning feeling so sad and feel like crying... so skip work.. haizzzz no wonder my boss wanna dismissal me...

renov wait later then renov lor.. no hurry lar..
 
kiddo

Huh.. u not having pre-natal blues hor? I also wanted to take MC, also no mood to work anymore. Esp since get so much s*** at work. All the stress is no good for Babylet wor.

Nah better do now lah. Next time, it'll be harder to do. How to stay at IL's place or something with a new baby huh?
 
dear MTBs, think positive.

I also dread to work. but if i stay at home, i even more bored. at least at work, time pass faster.

Looking forward to weekends & also pay time!!! heehee
 
Jul
Ya lor so upset at work and so stress up.... really affecting bblet lor.. As what my hb always tell me work never finish de if can finish it never call work!!! wahahaha...
pre-natal blues - hmm if i dun face the idiot boss i perfectly ok and can laff and relax the tension in my head is terrible lor.. always causes me Tension headache that y my GP always give me at least 1 day of MC easily .. as i had tons of mirgrains and headaches.... Went to see speacialist everything wahahahahahahaha
No choice we are woman and mother!!! Juz that veri sad at the reality govt is promoting the benefits to get mother to come out to work But coy is abusing and torturing us!!
 
puroland
u can get either those mattress protector or those big "blue sheets" from guardian... to put underneath the bedsheet on top of the mattress...
 
Morning ladies...
dun have mood to work today but a lot of things to clear.. no choice but to come in and work... sighh

Hi puroland
can get Babysafe mattress at kiddy palace... they having 20% storewide discount for members
waterproof mattress.. maybe kiddy palace also have
 
Gd morning!

wow.. jul.. u still wanna do renov nw ar? isiz abit rush?? u r poping in Aug ley.. and yes! i saw e baby bag.. so tempted to buy ley.. saw afew designs i like! haha.. but dun think will get la.. so many bags at hme liao.. any big bags can use as diaper bag..

btw.. anyone did research on microwave sterilizer instead of electrical ones? seems so much cheaper ley.. and faster too.. feel like just getting e avent microwave sterlizer.. but i tot microwave is not gd cos of the radiation?

kiddo.. relax ya since got a day off liao dun think abt work.. just relax n enjoy at hme
 
Wah seh! Totally understand the work blues!

In any case, just wanted to bring up a point. With regards to water-prrofing the Babysafe mattress, won't that mean that the mattress is no longer 'breathable'? Really am lost with regards to bedding and all. Think will ask the gynae for some information and advice.

Jul
No worries with the reno. Sure have time if you draw up a time line. My opinion is that the baby shouldn't have to deal with the noise and the dust.

I managed to clear the room and get it painted in under a week. Going down to IKEA tmr to get the confinement nanny's bed. The room should be ready by the weekend. Hope this helps motivate!
 
huishan, kiddo, jess

Let's all jiayou! Keep counting down & thinking abt the 16 weeks ML hehe.

puroland

Not sure if will be hot. But u can get Babysafe brand one ard $30+ (now got 20%) from Kiddy Palace. I bot from online Babymallonline spree. Ard S$20nett (haven't arrived yet).

katherine

I very ambitious hor? But luckily just doing one room. This weken must work hard to decided the rough specs, meet contractor etc & hopefully can get done soon!

Oh I dun have waterproof bags at home suitable for use as diaper bags, so tot I might give it a try. CHeaper than those ALlerhand, Lassig etc brands, all more than $100 leh!

Er.. I got no microwave. I bot the Pigeon rapis steam steriliser.

gerald

Thanks for the encouragement. Hope can go smoothly & quickly then I can start setting up the cot & washing clothes liao!
 
Hi mums, I've been following this thread, but this is my first post.

I'd like to get a Maclaren Techno XT stroller and a car seat (probably either Maxi Cosi Dori or Britax) that I can use from 0 to 4 years.

Any suggestions on where I can get the best deal? I've heard of Baby Kingdom & Baby Hypermart at Kaki Bukit. Is that where I can get the best deal, or would places like the department stores give better deals during this GSS time?
 
huishan

Wah.. Scary hor? Yest hubby went off to PC Fair to get me a laptop to use at home while on ML. He told me not to tag along b/c of the crowd, prob with parking etc. Luckily I din go. The crowds were crazy.
 
Morn everyone !!

Need to complain abit...Sat when to have dinner with my parents,Bro & SIL to celebrate father's day in advance.

Bro & SIL came with nephew who is turning 2 this Jul. Nephew refuse to sit on baby chair. My Bro gave a command it is because of me . (cos i'm preggy fo that why his son is behaving such a manner) I was so offended but din show a lot

My Bro still dare to say when when SIL is preggy my #1 also like that. Nonsense , he is so full of crap. Ok lor, my pregnancy causing your son so much problem then i think i better dun visit my mum at his place. If not later blame me again for his son misbehaviour. :p
 
huh. oh pls! is so ignorant for him to give such comment.
now is already 21 century.
tout such comments will only exist during our mother's time.

Hui Chern, dun be affected by such comments. not worth.
 
hi hui chern
Ur bro seems like he just dun want to be blame for his son "discipline"... either had a quarrel with ur SIL or smthing..
Dun care abt ut bro.. dun let him affect ur preggy mood! stay happy & cheerful =)

Jul! let's jia you together!!
(still pending my ML request approval - I applied early so they can make arrangement to have someone to take over my wk when the time comes.. still take own sweet time to do it.. later i sure kenna blame for my "long disappearance" - always got lotsa excuses)
 
jess

I haven;t applied for my ML yet. Waiting for the admin to gimme the form. Anyway she told me she will give me the form when the time is here, I no need to worry hehe.

Plus I sure get the ML one. So I guess the approval is only admin process only.
 
Morning everyone!

Ling: try www.kidzloft.com (they have a 50% discount which is extended to pregnant mums who can show proof of pregnancy and baby's expected date of birth. Voucher is for 1-time use only.) Not sure if they have the stuff you want though.

jul_04: Hahaha was looking around for diaper bags. Nice and affordable, without burning a hole in our pockets!

hehehe any of you mummies getting it? I like blue personally but mine's a princess hahaa (stereotype ah? who say girl must get pink??!!) I is like CARTER BABY BAG (BIG)-DESIGN 1 and CAXINI BAMBINI BAG #1275!

weeeeeeee!! I got "approval" to get milktrays! Haha but still a bit exp for freezing trays eh? damn... should i? should i? someone pls convince me!!!
 
flower...

No Prob!

I guess we are all getting tired easily le. I myself also do feel more lethargic..

hmm.. getting the referral letter may be the only way for u nw since u wana do the scan? I'll be goin for the free 3D scan next mth at Siemens.. U didnt manage to sign up for it?

as for the pain, perhaps u can check with ur gynae or try out some prenatal massages? I heard some of the ladies here for goin for massages to ease some pain they feel in their body. oh.. looks like shelled has posted a link regarding the numbness n pain.. did it help u in a way?

I didnt sign up for any prenatal classes hence not able to advise u.. sorry ah..

the BP u posted earlier seemed interesting.. maybe we can order that to use during confinemt then perhaps we can feel cleaner rather than just bathing with the herbal water.. But duno if its good or not leh..
 
Gerald,

waterproof the area where your baby's lower part of the body might pee onto. The upper part no need waterproof, so the mattress is still breathable, make sense now?
 
Jess...

Thanks for sharing the info u learn from ur prenatal class.. didnt know that its better for us to rub our tummy upwards. Have been always doing it downwards n in circular motion.. hahah
 
Compassvale Massage

Seemed like a lot of u have enjoyed n benefited from the massage. Perhaps I should go too.. been feeling a very "suan" kinda pain at my back esp recently n its hard for me to get to slp at ease. May I know how long is the session?
 
hui chern,
aiyoh, your brother sounds super ignorant. i'm preg at the moment, but my 2 year old son behaves normally around me still. is not extra sticky to me, extra naughty etc.

mummies,
any one knows if mamato6Js is back from australia yet? can't remember which part of australia she's going to. but i certainly hope it's not victoria or melbourne, cos many of our weekend cases were from melbourne.
 
gina

I was told the Carters' bags at the BP are imitations. But nvm, $25 only. To put things to wipe backside, throw ard on the floor etc etc.. I think I wanna get the Pooh Bear one. I lIke Pooh bear hehe.

Aiyoh why must get pink just b/c princess? U r carrying the bag leh.
 
PC SHOW...

Hubby also refused to let me go. He went on his own to get a netbook. so at least he's got his own when he's overseas. Can communicate with him via skype.

He said luckily i didnt go.. the crowd is just horrible. there were also mothers pushing prams n all were stuck... he wanted to get a hard disc n retractable mouse but he left cos he couldnt tahan the crowd le.. lolz..
 
Ling,

I attended Mrs Wong's classes 2 years back. She actually didn't encourage rubbing the stomach, esp the circular rubbing, as the rubbing would actually make loud noise (loud for baby) that might disturb baby. We should do touching/patting on our tummy, and that's better.
 
sandwich

Dun think she's back yet. I vaguely rem she said she wun be able to make it for the 16th Jun gathering coz she's only back after that.
 
Jul...

Dun tink it'll be a good idea to do reno works at this pt of time? I mean.. ppl say cannot right? when we preg, cannot move this move that.. etc...

I also saw that spree.. am tinking of getting the black colourland diaper bag.. $23 if self collect..
 
Ling: what size hdd and mouse he looking for? My hubby's company (he employee) got sell accessories also. haha maybe can get discount for u :p

1hr $38 for the massage ah? CHEAP LEH!!!!!!

AIYO bag cheap can use can liao! I don't care if iz imitation LOL authentic or not also like that use :p
 



Back
Top