Good morning everyone!
Motherhood Fair
I'd like to share that I find my trip there very fruitful last evening. Here are some of the booths which I went to :
1. Motherhood magazine
Fill in their lucky draw form & you get the June issue free. They will try marketing their magazine to you, to get you to subscribe to the mag for 1-yr ($50), 2-yrs ($88) or 3-yrs ($108). If you're interested in the mag, I find the 3-yr sign-up most worth it and they throw in lotsa free gifts too. But I decided not to sign up in the end, scared too busy and end up not reading, heh.
2. Huggies
Just sign up to be in the Huggies club, they provide you with a useful envirobag so you can walk round the expo and just dump in all your leaflets there. Of course, Huggies will update you when they have future promos.
Buy 2 packs of Huggies diapers, get a free bodysuit from Mothercare.
3. Nestle
Sign up for Nestle club membership & indicate your EDD. When your baby is 6 mths old, Nestle will email you for a gift collection. I think their gift consists of a Nestle insulated bag for keeping milk bottles on-the-go, and a tin of their formula milk and maybe even a can of their baby puree food if I'm not wrong.
4. Mums & Babes
The Medela booth is within this booth. They are selling Pump-In-Style Advanced for $709. They have lotsa helpers there to explain the advantages of their pumps and the features, etc so ask as much questions as you like.
5. MumsFairy (
www.mumsfairy.com)
They distribute Medela & Ameda breast pumps. Medela Pump-In-Style bundle deal selling at $699.
Ameda Lactaline on its own is at $338, but the bundle deal is at $399. What you get in addition are:
- handsfree strap for handsfree breast-pumping. The lady Juliet of MumsFairy told me that she can take a short nap while her Ameda breastpump is busy pumping for her. She has used her Ameda for 3 yrs+ (still using) to feed her 2 kids.
- a pair of breast flanges which are angled so that you can sit back & relax while the breastpump is pumping. Without these, mummies may have to bend forward while breastpump is pumping so that the milk can flow down easily. These angled breast flanges attach nicely to the Ameda or Medela breast flange. (Hard for me to explain, maybe you can have a look at their website to see how this looks like :
http://www.mumsfairy.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=20&Itemid=31 )
- A purple gauze bag for you to store your breast pumps after washing it in the office. Useful for mummies who wish to express milk in the office after returning back to work. You put your pump parts in the gauze bag to air dry thoroughly instead of putting it moistly in a container to dry.
- 2 glass bottles, I think the 4oz kind.