(2009/09) September 2009 MTBs

hello ladies!~

keke so many post...

yeah i have settled my new house thingy.. waiting for keys.. this yr $ really siong haha hopefully can tio toto and 4d. haha

friday going to see gyne again. hopefully bb is growing well...

erm.. how come never see jennifur coming in?

Hi Ladies,

do any one of you has purchased maternity clothing from Cooz Maternity Wholesale before? They look kind of reasonable - is it brand new or 2nd hand?

Any other websites sell maternity clothes which are affordable?

Where can I get baby posters??

mama 5,

CVS only done for mummies about 35. There is a small risk of miscarriage so docs don't advise unless you are above 35.

My doc doesn't do OSCAR test. She does triple blood test. First test the thickness of the nuchal cord at 12 weeks then triple blood test at 16 weeks. So if both test are negative, the chances of down syndrome is very low. I asked her about OSCAR test previously but she didn't explain.

[jul_luvs_babylet]
YeAH! i am back. i went to buy my hot milo. i forget to stir and then the top part so tasteless (i thought my tastebud something wrong) then when finishing, i saw all the residue at the bottome! End up the last 30% so sweet............. i am sotong la... LOL!

Before that i puke... today i'm 8w3d. I puke like mad. each time i puke, my tears will roll down sia. Now i really look like merlion! >_< i puke until so i lost part of my voice now. My throat is so wierd also... hao xinku wor...

i hope i can get back my appetite soon.... before pregnant, i eat very little but more meals... now... i find eating is a hassle! my whole body dont look good. PUKE PUKE PUKE DIZZY DIZZY DIZZY yet cannot sleep must WORK WORK WORK! ):

Keep wanting to go to the library to borrow books to read.. but i am way too tired to go and cant even stay awake... sigh... luckily i still browse the internet to read during the weekends..

The stupid pimples pop out.. then gone.. then another 2 come again. WAH LAU. never eat oily food, sleep early, sleep 7hrs minimum still will have pimple!

wawawawa.. we ladies really sacrifice a lot! Hope next time my kids will sayang me lots!

[babiesmeme]
Hmmm... some book chops do sell posters leh.. i think popular also have... or you go to bras basah? those baby posters so cute hor. :)

How many weeks are you now?

Among us, whose EDD is the earliest? keep forgetting leh..... lols! keep asking some more... ask same thing again and again.. LOL!

[all mummies to be]
next time after each scan and check up, auto update here kk! in terms of everything la.. from your weight gain, baby size, gender.. LOL!

ya lah.. my head dizzy dizzy... type also no see properly... how many errors you can spot in one! LOL!

Do you think we can "soak" ourselves into the pool? LOL! i dont know hw to swim but i like to put myself in the pool... LOL!

Oh yah, lets say ah in next few months our breasts become bigger and need new bras.. buy what kind??? i intend to breast feed in future if possible.... -.-

anybody still on duphaston? im on 2 weeks so will end end of next wk! when i first started my frd warned me it causes nausea but i didnt take to heart until i got such bad nausea this week that some other frds told me its becos of my duphaston then i am reminded of what my friend first told me!! i cant wait to finish up all my pills!

woah. i'm only on folic acid and obimin. i already have trouble swallowing every morning plus i puke each time i swallow something. Cant wait for all these to go away.

i miss my KFC, i miss my popeye chicken, i miss my LJS, i miss my whipped potato, i miss my chicken wing...................

i seriously have no more appetite to eat. I puke my milo out too ):

FINALLY can go home SOON! knock off time! URGH!

dizzy like mad!

I'm on folic acid and iron tablets.. but the iron tablets makes me nausea .. thankfully, I didn't really puke ...
I cant eat much too... so have to snack alot.. take MRT smell strong smells oso feel nausea...
Breast oso super sore, cant prone &amp; sleep le ... Now I should be in my week 7 le.. tomoro having my 2nd appt at KKH, so will update u gals kk...

o.. forgot to share something.. take more marmite with porridge if you dun have appt cos marmite's contains lots of vit and folic acid ...
hope this helps ...

Going to the gynae tomorrow morning finally! Was so sick with fever and blocked nose today. Came home in the afternoon to sleep it away, but I still have a lot of work to do.

Hi rach, your friend probably is stressed over her wedding, so changes like this doesn't make her as excited as she should be under normal circumstances. Just tell her you will help her if she needs any help, but the only thing is you will not be physically there.

My friend helped to think of games and other stuff even though she couldn't be there.

Tell her you don't want to chong xi, and it's for her own good.

sweetsweetie, just the sound of marmite puts me off. My parents only prepare milo and bread in the morning. No time for porridge or anything.
Shucks, thinking about this makes me hungry. I had 4 meals today already.

Hi Rach, thansk for clarifying, i tot it was a construction firm..

PrincessXiaoMei, i will keep you update once i hear anything from my buddy abt ESH.

hmm i'm only taking folic acid... shall check with my gynae... going to the gynae on fri.. 2nd visit.. wonder how has my bb grown... so excited... hope it's growing well... cos i'v been eating non-stop... dont dare to even step on the weighing scale to check my weight

mamijoan,

i ask my gyne before abt oscar test. He say 'oscar' this word is use in dunno uk or US context which means 'one stop' as they have to go to different place for blood test, scanning etc etc. so 'oscar test' to them is like 'one place to do all the things. so to my gyne there are only NT scan and triple test and no such thing as oscar test. keke blur lah..

[sweetsweetie]
Hmm.. but marmite is YEAST... safe to eat mah... i love marmite plus i lately no appetite so i managed to eat only porridge with marmite. Scare eat too much of it....

update us after your visit! hehe

[crystalz]
Ohhh... like that we usually call it Triple Test for the "oscar" test? LOL! wah i am one stupid dumb dumb MTB. hahahaha

woah lau i pukeso much today. 6-7times lor. my throat has a wierd taste and feeling now. disgusting!

[lawshe]
thanks thanks!! hehe.. your this friend's gynae is who?

Jul_luvs_Babylet

FA is Fetal Anomaly. They scan to make sure got all 10 fingers and toes, all the organs are ok, also can detect Down's syndrome. Basically is to check for any anomalies (aka abnormalities) lor.

It's quite all-in-one scan, that's why we only did FA scan with my #1 instead of OSCAR or NT. My doc said that if no genetic risks, usually just doing FA scan is good enough.

By the way, any mommies got any idea how to arrange for waterbirth?? I called Parentlink to book for waterbirthing package, but was told Mt. A suspended the service liao.
sad.gif

Very keen on idea of waterbirthing leh...

princessxiaomei

Eh, I feel the same also!! This pg I always have no appetite + puke quite often. Smell anything also want to puke. Eat so little and puke all the time until lost 2kg liao.
sad.gif

Now 12 wks already, but still feel like shit. I really dunno what to do lor. Can only drink more water to make sure I stay hydrated. Am crossing fingers and hoping that when 14 weeks I will feel much better.

Anyway, you shouldn't buy too many bras yet. You might go up 2-4 bra sizes leh! Buy 1 to wear now if you cannot fit into your current bras. Then when cannot wear then buy again.

I was 36C pre-preg with #1. Then during preg 38C. Then after give birth and the milk come in, 40D!! All those nursing bras I had bought in my last trimester cannot wear lor!

Had to run around like siao looking for big enough bras for me. End up buying it from TMC's ParentCraft (@$50+!) when we went back for PD checkup.

So pls don't buy nursing bras now. Very hard to gauge. But if you really want, can buy those soft bras like this kind: http://mothersenvogue.com/onlinecoll.php?link=others&amp;cat_id=114&amp;product=1&amp;product_id=804

At least when bra size go up, still can wear for sure.
happy.gif

shelled
wah envy envy!! 40D??? i only had that when i was breastfeeding the twins, after that shrinked to B again then go up to at most C during my later breastfeeding days. i feel so clumsy with such heavy tops not to mention heavy tops full of milk!! cant even bump against anything. OUCH!! u have the same feeling??

u r 12 weeks already? u must be the first to give birth amongst us here.

i m urs and joanne
how r both of u doing?

Hi Jul_luvs_Babylet, tks for sharing. I ended up taking my GP recommendation too. But my mother &amp; sis wanted me to go KK for delivery. I've already seen my gynae for 1st appt, tis sat will be my 2nd appt. Is it advisable to switch gynae?

Hi Ladies,
just a question is it a norm to see the gynae every two weeks ?? I have been seeing my gynae three times since I am in wk 5, now I am 71/2 week.

babiesmeme
i have seen gynae 3 times too. first at 5weeks, then at 6.5 wks to detect heartbeat and the most recent one cos i was bleeding.

normally if preg progresses normally and smoothly, u shld be seeing once to detect pregnancy, once to detect heartbeat and thereafter 1 mth later. unless u have spotting and bad morning sickness etc..

princessxiaomei,
the link that shelled sent on bras - that's a very comfortable bra. i use this particular bra as a regular bra and as a nursing bra. since i was preg with my first kid in mid 07 till now, i have never worn a single wired bra, cos i found wired bras to be extremely uncomfortable to wear when pregnant and breastfeeding. otherwise, you can also consider getting the bandeau ones from moms in mind. those expand with you as you grow bigger.

shelled,
NUH has a delivery suite for water births. i visited the suite before when i did my hospital tour (between 2nd to 3rd trimester), but the water birth didnt really appeal to me cos i had very very bad rashes on my body during the first pregnancy. would cringe everytime i had to bathe/touch water.

mummies,
today i started wearing a belly belt with my pants. so much more comfortable to sit down, walk abt etc. but have to wear a long top along with it, cos i haven't told my colleagues that i'm pregnant yet.

babiesmeme,
i think it's depedent on individual. i've only seen a doc once to get folic/iron tablets. haven't seen a gyne yet. planning to make my first gyne visit at the end of this month. and thereafter visit the gyne once a month till the third trimester (where the visits could increase in frequency depending on how pregnancy progresses)

Morning ladies,

Feeling tired today, wake up twice to pee last night. DH was asking why i woke up so many time. All my old pants has become too uncomfortable to wear liao.

Sandwich
Where you got your belly belt from. How much ? Is it very tight, do u wear above or below belly ? Do share with me thanks

Sandwich, i think i need that belly belt too... cos i can't fit into my pants any more... where did you get it from? And how does it work?

[sandwich]
hihi :)

Hmm.. i don't understand leh. Sorry ah i little stupid one. Whahahahahaa... no idea what and how it looks like. There is a difference with maternity and nursing bra?

what's a belly belt? :)

[mamato5Js]
mine is 2months later then see lor.... -.-"

Last night i puke so badly until i have some sharp pains.. i think gastric kind lor... ytd i puke very badly... puke the most so far... sobsob!

[shelled]
thanks! :) hmm... you puke like me so badly and you lost weight, i puke like shit but still gain weight. That's funny! I think 2months pregnant, i gain about 1kg liao lor... and i NEVER eat much.. PUKE MUCH and appetite drop! HOW COME ah! i am so curiousssss... dont know how come weight gain instead!

i will be doing FTS first week of march and another dont know what test when i am in week 20. I think i am takiing all the whatever test even its optional. No idea also... -.- really like a blur and stupid MTB. LOL~

mamato5

I'm still on duphaston. At first 1 pill/day, until the spotting scre when gynae upped my dosage to 2 pills/day. Dunno how much it contributes to my nausea, coz no 1: I dun really get MS; No2: The time I upped my dosage was when I progresed into week 7 or 8, so that is when MS is supposed to increase too.

But one thing, I do find it quite heaty.

glass

Do update us on ur gynae appt k? And take care. Since now preggie, immunity lower, yet shd try to avoid medication...

milkyway

Me too! Eating non-stop. And not healthy food too, I am ashamed to add. I can't wear any of my pants anymore, &amp; the skirts are ridiculously high on the waist. Sigh...

shelled

I see.. When wud this FA scan be done? Issit the same thing as a "detailed scan"? I think that shd be done in the 4th mth, if I'm not wrong?

ahqing

Well, for myself, I din consider delivering at KK bcoz it's expensive. Also, my gynae cannot deliver at those restructured govt hosp, which KK is one of them.

Anyway if u want to switch gynae, it is possible, if u dun have any complications such as previous history, or spotting etc, and if u r in early stage.

sandwich

I'm also interested in where &amp; how much u got the belly belt. But.. it can only be used if the thighs still fit right? If the thighs are too tight, then there's prob no point in getting it?

hui chern

Hey I also woke up twice to pee. Then this am when I had to get up for work, no more pee. I was like... ##$^^%$$#@#.. when I wake up no pee. Wanna sleep then so much pee. Grr!

Hi Ladies, hope all of you are doing good! =)
Been reading through the posts and it's so comforting to know that everyone is having similar symtoms!

Havent been looking at posts yesterday coz i was sooo tired.. don't feel like moving, after work just wanna go home &amp; 'nuar'.. I've been losing weight so far.. used to be 49kg, now i weigh 46kg. used to love to eat, but now see everything also dont feel like touching. Lunchtimes are the worst as I will puke everything i eat during lunch. the only safe food so far for me is Mac as everything I eat from Mac will not be puked out but that's considered 'unhealthy' food!

Been very thristy but couldnt drink water coz everytime drink water will puke.. ribena worked for me @ first but now i think bb is sick of it already as i will puke on the taste of ribena as well. Trying out H2O now and hope it works coz i am thirsty all the time!

hui chern, princess, milkyway, juls
for first pregnancy, i got mine from a maternity shop in habourfront (which has since closed down). think i could have spent abt $40-$50 on it, can't remember. for this pregnancy, i purchased a new one from a mummy on the forum (can check out the WTB/WTS section in the forum) for $15 (so much cheaper).

juls,
you are right, the thighs and butt must be able to fit. in my case, i gained 20kg for the first pregnancy, but was able to fit into at least 5-7 pairs of my non-maternity pants still (up to 8mths into the pregnancy). i bought 3 maternity jeans, and with this belly belt, it meant that i had 8-10 pairs of bottoms for the entire first pregnancy.

wow. it looks so cool leh. hahahaha. tonight i go home and see all these pictures. cos now i am only seeing 30% of the screen. must minimise small small ah.... hahahaha...

you all wake up to pee, i wake up to puke. ):

[jul_luvs_babylet]
My FA i think is the detailed scan which is done on wk20. My FTS i think is the so-called OScar test which is on wk11.

I feel so uncomfortable every day. I wish i can turn the clock ultra fast and become mid march now. HAHAHAHA.

sandwich

Oic. I suppose those maternity wear shops, such as Mothercare, Perfect Mum etc would have. Erm, u din reuse the maternity belt from the first pregnancy?

I wonder if there're any maternity shops at IMM?

But it sounds like a good idea. I have not been wearing jeans ever since I found out I was preggie. I miss my jeans! But they're just too tight to be worn. I quite big butt &amp; hips in the first place one *sigh*

[feli]
you also puke like mad and lost weight. why i different ah. is it something wrong with me ah? i never even eat rice, noodles already. i only had wholemeal bread with egg and cheese every morning, milk at night. Fruits in between. Fish, soup and vege for dinner, but still puke. But i still gain weight. -.- making me scared, dont know is it something wrong with my body.

i ate mac last week and i puke badly. Many tings cannot go into my mouth now. see already turn off. sigh.

i used to drink 600ml of ribena instead of water cos i so thirsty yet cant drink water down. but now i only can drink a small cup. I tried to sip water slowly slowly lor. sobsob. i think my baby also sian of ribena le.

[jul_luvs_babylet]
i also have big butt and hips. LOL! I still wear my jeans but i dont button cos if button, i scare baby will be uncomfortable. LOL!

you dont want to do OSCAR?

i think i will choose the 2nd package from KKH. Do the blood test 2 weeks later but do the scanning on that day. It costs 270+. If take 3rd package, it will be the same just that the blood test take on the same day and it cost 350+.

feli

I have the opp prob as u. HUngry &amp; wanna eat all the time. I have gained 2kg I think *sigh*

But take heart lah. 12 weeks will come soon, &amp; hopefully u'll feel much better then.

princess

Actually hor, when the gynae scans, she also presses quite hard on the tummy. I think the BB is nicely cushioned in the water bag, &amp; mummy's fats haha.

Yeah thinking abt OSCAR... Coz I dun think I will abort even if got DS< so no pt doing

juls,
i passed the belt to a preg friend last year to try. don't meet her often now (my husband's avoiding her phone calls since he doesn't want to invest with her - she used to be his insurance agent). so got a new one for this pregnancy. i loved wearing my maternity jeans to work when i was preg with my first one - no one will fault me for wearing jeans to work on normal work days because no one criticizes what preg women wear to work!

princess,
i think your body has just turned more efficient in making use of whatever small amts of food that you've consumed. you don't have to eat double during the pregnancy to gain weight lah. your body will adjust accordingly and work a bit harder to gain weight especially if you can't take in your usual amount of food, cos your body has to ensure that the bb will thrive.

You mean for the oscar test ah? but i think when i go the FTS, my gynae is not doing. i wont be doing at TPS.. instead its another part of KKH so i assume its not done by her but another kind of doc. PRESS not pain meh...

my tummy a little bulging out liao le. 8weeks only and bulging. i still thought i can hide until wk12. LOL~

Quite true also. I'm quite worried also loh. Though i am young but i will still scare.. hopefullly evrything is fine.

Back