(2009/09) September 2009 MTBs

hi denise,

congrats!

i'm also abt 5-6 wks. if you got spotting, it could be implatation spotting? but if the spotting is fresh blood, you should see a gynae soon even if its juz to put your mind at ease.

kiki, the timing of the necessary scans need to be done ard the timings I wrote above. Like the down syndrome test, the oscar test needs to be done by 10-13 weeks cos the measurement of the neck fluid of bb is the most accurate during this time. After that, u will prob hv to wait to do the amnio I think (which is using a needle to prick into ur stomach to obtain fluid, but again I remember this can only be done at 20 weeks after after). Detailed scans need to be done at 20 weeks, cos *touch wood*, just in case there is anything wrong with bb (ie heart not growing properly [cos by this time u shd be able to see the different heart chambers], or even cleft lips etc) and some parents decide to abort the bb, it can still be done legally right up to 24 weeks.

Hi mummies,

So lucky for those who do not have morning sickness. I was on my way to work this morning, had a bad wave of morning sickness therefore need to alight at Orchard MRT to rest and puke..

My workplace is at Raffles Place.. Called in to my office to say I will be in late and came in at 10am instead of 9am. Poor me, I think my boss and colleagues must be thinking that I made that up. Anyway, just to share, I have a combination of ms, indigestion and heartburn.

Also, as weird as it is, I don't normally have cramps but last night I had a pain in my lower ab.. No spotting though. I think all is well. Just felt weird, how come got cramps.

I'm in my eight week, this week.

enxuan,

i suggest u buy new plastic bags or recycle those that u get(those small ones) and keep it handy in ur bag...

for my #1 preg, i also will vomit after i alight from the bus and when i smell garlic...so that time i bought packs of plastic bags and keep a couple everywhere in my bag and in my office...

Btw, MS will be peak at 8 to 12wks...

but for my #1...i have MS at 7 weeks till the end of 2nd trimsters...

for #2 now, my MS is much lighter...provided i dun consume something that bb dislike...like garlic...

cloudme,

thanks for your advise. but actually, i feel more nausea when sitting up or standing up. So, had discussed with my hubby.. and we've both agreed that i quit and rest at home.
out of curiousity, were you working then? if yes, how did you cope?

yes,
and now still working at the same place...
well at that time i just tell my gynae and my company doc to cover me on MCs...cos my company cover 28 days of MCs...

i will also get a bottle of "bai hua oil" and keep it with me all the time...incase i smell some weird smell i will just sniff my bai hua oil...

at work just raise ur legs to the same level as ur hip for better blood circulation...(i took some empty boxes to level my legs)
b4 u stand up, just sit and move ur body first b4 getting up...do not stand up immediatly after a long period of sitting down...

hope this helps

Tinkabel

Thank you for the summary of the timeline and tests to come. have yet to read up on all these, hence still unaware. But the info you provided is so useful as it gives me a better idea.

Cloudme

Oh no, scared to hear that MS will peak at wk 8-12. Now I'm in wk 7 and so far thankfully, no bad MS, no vomitting. Just feel some headache once before and feel like vomitting when I smell offensive smells (like indoor food courts, market fishy smell) but so far never actually vomit. Hope all of us can tide over the MS period well.

Enxuan

Poor you. Take good care and be prepared with your plastic bags and medicated oil as Cloudme suggested, ya

Btw MTBS, I have yet to share with all of you the results of my first gynae visit last week.

At wk 7, heartbeat was detected. But but, there are 2 heartbeats! I am carrying twins, and hubby and I are so, so excited!!

Of cos, gynae briefed us that twin & multiple pregnancies are of higher risk. But we told ourselves, must think positively, pray for everything to be smooth... and hopefully everything will be good
kao_kiss2.gif

thanks kiki and tinkabel... think i should stop feeling bad, since like tinkabel says, i can still give BM to #1 when #2 arrives... hope i will have enough supply then

kiki... your gynae will let u know when to do the scannings and testings... no worries

Denise... *hi5, same occupation. i'm going to TMC. think u better see your gynae soon

enxuan... i'm suffering from "night" sickness instead of morning sickness, and occasional cramp too. bring so ointment oil with u if it helps... things will be fine after 1st trimester

lynette... go and see your gynae... asap!!

Hi mummies,

I think MS is the most difficult part of pregnancy. My MS for this pregnancy seems to be worst than the first one. Previously, my appetite was still good even though I had MS and I usually feel better after eating. This time though, my appetite is not good. This morning, drank a cup of milk before coming to work, vommitted when I reached office, then had something for breakfast, and vomitted again. Hopefully my lunch stays down.

Whitey,
congrats! So exciting to have twins!

whitey: congrats on ur twin pregnancy... Must be really exciting for you and your hubby.

Enxuan: Think you will have to see how serious ur MS is. For most women, MS will go away by end of 1st trimester. But I also hear of cases (My SIL was one of them!), that MS continue throughout entire preg. So for my SIL, she basically took all her MC, annual leave and then after that unpaid leave for the rest of her pregnancy.

Congrats Whitey! Wow, u are so lucky : ) Are the twins identical? I am going for my 2nd appt tomorrow ..should be 6 weeks plus. Hope everything will be ok. I feel very tired especially in the afternoons. No appetite for dinner and i feel bloated and like there's something stuck in my throat after lunch and its like that all the way till I sleep

Chern> coz i think cold drinks not so good.. gynae recommended lukewarm to hot drinks better loh..

u got craving already ah?? i dun have cravings yet.. but i see food i dun really feel like eating...
all look so yucky..

Yup... I'm still with Prudential..
happy.gif

jenifur> u yet to add in my details leh... i've given u in my previous posts.
happy.gif

EDD: 5th Sept
Gynae: Dr Koh C.H.
Hosp: Mt A
#: 1st

mamijoan> hihi, just curious.. why is MS a good sign??
happy.gif

how do u define MS? does it comes with vomitting?

I was told not to eat chilli leh... bad for baby skin..and constipation...
that is one thing i'm trying my best... coz i love chilli in everything i eat... hahaha..

enxuan> flipping mattress is old folk's myth.. up to u to believe..
happy.gif

feire> on the contrary.. i'm very sensitive to taste now... everything that i used to eat okay are now too spicy, too sweet, too salty...
i prefer plainer...

Babylet> wah... u take pineapple tarts ah? i was wondering this year no Pineapple tarts for CNY liaoz..
hahahha.. Mmm..can eat meh??? heheheh....
i try to take drinks without ice if i can loh.. and as much as possible.. i take hot drinks....
tea isnt good.. my gynae said cut down on caffeine... the most 1 cup a day..
happy.gif

I dunno what i like to eat.. i only know what i dun wanna eat... yucky feeling.. i see the food i wanna puke liaoz...
but u ask me what i want to eat.. i also dunno... hehehe....

kiki> welcome..
happy.gif
sharp pain ah.. i was told as long as no bleeding its okay.. i had cramps in the 5 weeks period too..
now is much better le...
happy.gif
I went to see at 5 weeks plus.. coz too gan cheong..
spent $107 on 1st visit... next visit at 8 weeks.. 4 Feb..
happy.gif

5mg folic acid is prescribed..
happy.gif

I read abt him... u stay north area? I stay yishun.. but i heard also a fair bit of negative things abt him..
i have a few frens with Dr Ang... some good some bad.. i think he's far too busy...my fren felt he didnt do a proper stitching.. she was in pain for 2 weeks..
but others didnt have the prob though..
happy.gif

so i decided not to go with him.. I'm with Dr Koh at TPY..
usually long waiting time...

didnt he give u the scan pic??? i had mine at 5-6 weeks done... no weight or height taken at all..
my gynae believes in doing more things after 3 months... no need to spend extra unnecessary before 3 months...
Unless there's danger.... so. it was just a 15min talk with us... and then he did a scan.. we were in the clinic for 25min..
happy.gif

caspinall> haha. i think u should trust ur gynae la...
happy.gif
I didnt see a yolk sac on my 5weeks plus visit.. only a sac..and a dot..
happy.gif

Lynette> why do u need a V scan if u could see ur baby heartbeat on ultra sound??
i heard that sometimes V scan is not recommended.. coz will affect the bb.. unless really necessary...
Good to know everything's fine now..
happy.gif

tats fast.. hope i can see even more during my 2nd visit..
happy.gif

How many weeks are u now?
happy.gif

Hi everyone,

First visit my gynae last sat, only can see a 9mm sac at 5wk 6day, no heartbeat yet, gynae say can only see heartbeat at week 7, so going to see him again on week 7, cant wait till week 7 now...

EDD: 14th Sept
Gynae: Dr See tho
Hosp: glen E
#: 2nd

Whitey
Congrat on having twins!! just curios, you hoping for boy or girl?

rach,

I also stay in yishun. I live near Khatib MRT. hehe...

Whitey,
CongratS!!!! So exciting for you... I knew of a friend who just had twins.. It's very rewarding when you see two together.

At which stage thebn can detect if there's twins or not?

rach
Hihi, hv not seen you around on the thread lately
Me still quite gassy these days. Praying that it will not get any worse haha.
R u still with W204?

Not to eat chilli, oh no. This time round i love chilli, can't eat if there no chilli hehe

cloudme (cloudme) & Whitey (whitedoor) ,

I'm working in the sales line. So with the preg symptoms and my sales low, my boss is not too happy. I feel pressured as well. That's why decided to quit.
sad.gif

rach,

MS is a sign that there is a good level of pregnancy hormones. Of course, there are also many women who do not have MS and still have successful pregnancies.

As for chilli, I've asked gynae before and she says it is perfectly alright. I don't suppose the Indians and Malays give up chilli during their pregnancies right? And they still have smooth pregnancies. In my last preg, I also continue to eat chilli although this round, I seem to crave it more.

Think I'll ask doc for MC at my next visit to tide over the peak MS period. I've been feeling queasy the whole day and already vomitted twice and I'm not even 7 weeks yet.

waiwai, hi5! You know if we teachers enjoy any subsidized rates at KKH? Coz I was thinking of going to TMC if the rates are about the same..I have made an appt with Dr Adrian Woodsworth at his clinic at Sengkang MRT, he is from TMC and i have heard good things about him..However if KKH is subsidized then I may think twice...What do you think?

MS for me is just feeling like vomitting but not really vomitting any solids. I feel giddy too and constantly hungry though the thought of eating anything turns my tummy..and we have to keep standing when teaching..

Hi all,

so happy to see so many sept MTBs, I am too. Am going thru MS for my #1. Ever since the day I discovered abt my pregnancy, I've been feeling nausea and till now I'm at 7 weeks le.

So far only gone thru two scans. First was at my 5th week and then couldnt see bb except for the sac which doc described as waterbag. Bb can only be seen on my second scan..with blinking heartbeat tts stl a little faint.

Next visit with gynae is on 24th Jan.

EDD: 04 Sept 2009
Gynae: Dr John Yam
Hospital: Undecided but keen on Glen E
Residing: JW St 61

Oh..miss out on one impt thingy.. does anyone develop/discover cyst in the womb upon the pregnancy? Cos my gynae did an ultrasound on me and saw a 2.8cm cyst..but he said it's hormones and not advisable to remove thru surgery as it might disappear on its own at a later pregnancy stage.

Hi Ladies,

Well, guess will not be logging in here anymore.
Went to another Gynae today. She can't find my bb.
Guess the clots that i passed out was my BB.
Did the DC today....
Don't worry. I will be strong.
Ladies, just a piece of advise.
Please see ur gynae if u have cramps or heavy bleeding.
All the best to the rest and Bless everyone with healthy BBs.....

Denise... don't think we have special rate at KKH, maybe i can help u check with my colleagues... *hi5 again, my gynae is Dr Adrian Woodworth at SK too! he is good, my #1 is delivered by him. have u informed your HOD about your pregnancy? i talked to my HOD today, wanted to ask if i can take 12 weeks of maternity leave, then have Dec school holiday, then another 4 weeks in Jan, she said cannot
sad.gif

Mamijoan... rest well orh

Lynnette... sorry to hear about that... stay strong *hugz

Hi all...
i duno m i ok... i m feeling v normal... dont really hv ms... no tender breast... little cramps...no spotting... almost no symptoms of preggy...
worried, wondering is my baby doing fine...
argh... may be i m thinking too much...

enxuan, like u, i also feel dizzy and wanna puke all the time, so my best solution to go to work is to take the train to the end and take it back to work.. though the distance is longer but i guess that is better than standing....

Lynette, be strong,.. hugz......

Btw mummies, my diet change completely since i found out abt my pregnancy... food that i used to like no longer taste nice and i kinda like only soupy food now... craved for claypot rice and went for it last evening, only to end up puking all out when i reach home. bloating and headache are also horrible MS that is killing me.

Dear Lynette,
So sorry to hear about your news. Be strong and don't give up, think positively ok. Regain your strength and try again, we pray that you will get one soon when you're ready to try again.
*hugs*

Lawshe, MS is so strange... I can't understand why certain foods we used to like, now don't really appeal to us anymore.

Actually I thought our body craves for certain foods because it's a natural instinct to make us eat what's good for us, and to reject what's bad.

But after hearing your story about vomitting all your claypot rice which you craved, I'm not so sure about that theory anymore.

some update from my visit yesterday...

hmmm, doc said that bb's EDD may end up in late Aug...
and yesterday finally can hear the heartbeat from the scan...(altho i heard it during the 1st visit by doing the v-scan)
and am in wk 8 now...

my doc said i can start the package with her from the next visit onwards cos will be seeing her again in wk12

cloudme, can i ask how much is ur doc charging u for the package? wat does it inc of?

my gynae onli start the package wif me frm week 20 onwards...and im wondering how many more visits btw week 12 and 20 muz we c the gynae?

Waiwai, I have not told my HOD, thought of seeing the gynae first to confirm the pregnancy is stable..
I'm scheduled to see Dr Adrian later in the evening today. Hopefully things are ok..

jeslyn,
my package is $600 excl gst...if incl gst then it's $642

the incl of
- monthly appts till giving birth(if no appt -urgent turn-up then each visit is $50)
- scans
- multi-vit (obinmin) excl DHA pills
- urine test & BP & weight measurement (once preggy is compulsory for all visit)

others test are excl...

hi mummies, i would suggest take up package earlier if u are comfortable with the gynae, so as to reduce the cost. my 1st appt with gynae was last week, the consultation was supposed to be $140+, but i immediately signed up package, so save $140+... just a suggestion

my gynae Dr Adrian Woodworth charges $550 excluding GST, the package includes monthly appt, ultrasound scans, multi-vitamins and folic acids, blood test, urine test, consultation for minor cold (some medincine are not included). NT scan and detail scan are excluded, to be conducted at TMC.

FYI, those who have decided to deliver at TMC, apply for First Born Incentive card asap so as to enjoy discount for NT scan, detail scan and hospital bill, and other discounts

Lynette

Hugs to u, take care

All MTBs
by the way, does anyone know ,can we use medisave to pay for our pre -natal visits ? Cause i read in the govt website, looks like can use leh. Any ideas ladies ?

hui chern
yes, can claim back up to $450. Keep your prenatal receipts and pass them to the hospital when you register for delivery. The admin will do the paperwork for you.

Hi Whitey,

yes, MS is really strange especially when you are a first time mum. You know, even after my first pregnancy, whenever I think of the MS period, I get really phobic. And now, I have to go through it all over again. And this time, it seems to be worse. The last time, my MS last till about 15 months. If it last till 15 weeks this time, I still have 8 more weeks to go!!

hi all mummies *wave to kiki, claire and crystalz especially*, i just tested +ve on both opk and hpt, based on baby center calculator, my edd shld be 1 oct. will be seeing my gynae next mth.
happy.gif

EDD: 1 Oct 2009 (To be cofirmed)
Gynae: Dr Sim Lee Ngor
Hosp: TMC
# of Pregnancy: 2

hi claire, i just tested say half an hr ago nia, hahaha! i oso happy for u!
happy.gif
though edd maybe early oct but then high chance i will be a end sept mtb!

whitey,

congrats! awww... so envious! i would love love love to have twins!

waiwai,

oh okie, so the gynae will plan out everything for me? good. i was getting a little worried coz 1st time mummy here, i dunno where to start also. but am learning slowly. hehe...

Back