(2009/09) September 2009 MTBs

hui chern, feire
wah, hui chern, your DD 4 yrs old still sleep with you? I'm now wondering how to get my son to sleep in his own room coz when #2 comes along, I'm not sure if all 4 of us can squeeze in my bedroom.

My son also kicks and turns a lot. I think he sleeps better when he is in his cot but if he wakes up in the middle of the night, he will want to come to my bed. When he is in deep sleep, I have to carry him back to his cot otherwise, I can't sleep well with him kicking me.

enxuan

this is my 1st. i'm excited yet nervous and frightened at the same time. i'd be going to gynae tomorrow.

Hihi, I'm currently working as a recruitment consultant.

kiki, this is also my first!! am also excited when i think about it. my next appt. is on 23 Jan.

enxuan,

how many wks are you already? i think i'm about 5.5wks now. not sure if its too early to go gynae? how many wks were you when you went for 1st appt? i was supposed to go next wk for appt. but this morning i felt a sharp pain for about 5 secs, got scared so moved my appt to tomorrow.

Hello gals..

I dun feel so good.. This morning had some MS when I woke up, after lunch feeling nauseous again. I dun like this feeling
sad.gif

kiki,

I'm currently in my 7 week. I went for my first gynae visit at late 5 week too. I don't think it's too early. Basically, I went ahead to confirm it. My gynae did an ultrascan and all that can be seen is a tiny 6mm waterbag!
If you have a sharp pain, then all the more you should go see gynae.. kiasu abit. just to make sure everything is fine.

Hiaz... babylet,
me too leh.. dunno how. but i resist from puking. i everyday control, make sure i don't vomit.. but the stomach feels queasy. i wonder how other mummies go thru this stage.

kiki

I saw my gynae at close to week 6. Managed to see heartbeat. Babylet only 3mm then!

enxuan

Sian, I feel sorry for the MTBs who suffer from v bad MS. Can't imagine how they go thru it every single day.

kiki welcome welcome. Definitely in the right place! My 2nd baby but not been to the gynae yet. Arranged for an appt next week. Shd be 7 weeks by then.

hui chern, I am with an accounting firm...

feire, my 14 months boy also sleep with us. Actually when he was 6 mths, we did train him to sleep in his cot but then, it's just easier to attend to him in bed. And now, since so cold in winter, I often hug him to sleep cos he is usually very warm. Was thinkg when winter is over, I will let him sleep in his cot again, so that when the baby comes, he can be more indept. Else if we shift him out of our bed only when the new baby comes, he might hv bad reaction abt that.

enxuan, jul04, tinkerbel,

okie, i hope i can see something tomorrow. keke... really excited, think tonite won't be able to sleep.

quite worried about the sharp pain i felt this morning. i hope its nothing. i'm not spotting or anything though.

the other thing is, i also not having any symptoms at all. my breast dun really feel soar and i'm not getting any MS at all. am i normal? the only thing i noticed different is that last nite at 3am, i woke up from hunger! keke... stomach growling and i woke up. had to make a milo to drink then managed to fall back asleep.

kiki

Hehe enjoy ur first appt 2moro
happy.gif

I think the sharp pain might be womb stretching. Once in a while I get that too.

No MS is good! Just earlier this week, I was thinking maybe I wun get MS. Tdy feeling worse. Hiaz...

jul04,

thanks...
happy.gif

hope the pain is really nothing. you know lah, very hard to get this bb, so very kancheong!

kiki, dun worry too much. I didnt hv much MS symptons during my 1st trimester for my 1st preg too. So far, still quite ok, except that I get hungry more easily too (maybe my hubby thinks it could be cos it's winter now). *Crossing fingers* that it will remain like this for the entire trimester. haha...

Gals

Did u take a look at the Obuba thing that they are doing bulk purchase for? Looks quite nice, but I want it bcoz I wanna use it as a shawl rather than breastfeeding cover lah.

But hor, $30.. a bit exp or not?

kiki,

MS doesn't start at 5 weeks. Usually from 6 weeks onwards. I didn't have any symtoms until this week either (should be abt 6 weeks now). If the pain is only once, I don't think its anything to be worried about, plus no spotting. But its good to get the gynae to check up. If you have problems conceiving, she may give you hormone pills to increase the chances of the pregnancy.

mamijoan

Bought a bed for DD, she tried to sleep a few times then refuse to do it liao.I don't want to force her lor. Slowly, cos i also don't want to let her feel that i pushing her away due to #2.

I did not really tell DD yet about this bb. But will bring her during my check up. Then when everything confirm that , me & DH will tell her

Hui chern, enxuan, mamijoan, tinkabel,
Im working as art director in design company, working and kids is not a problem for me, coz my mil is more than happy to take care of the kids for me, and i am quite use to the busy workload as im working in this line for more than 8 years. Im only afraid of MS attack, canot concentrate on work.

Now im also headache about same problem, #2 come along how to squeeze 4 person in 1 bed, somemore my girl sure will kick the baby, but i dont bear to let her sleep alone, she is very sticky to me, wake up at night will make sure im next to her then will go back to sleep.

tinkabel
where are you staying now? got winter so nice!

feire, that's why must start #1 in separate bed soon. Cos u dun want her to feel she is being kicked out of ur bed cos of the new baby. We are working and staying in Shanghai right now. My mum is here with me to take care of Matt, tat's y I can still work. My work is very taxing too, but i try to keep a balance now that I am a mother.

Jul04: Not bad if u want it as a shawl. I dun like to latch when I am outside so I never bought any of these nursing shawls. I remember all my excitement about buying stuff when I was a 1st time MTB. Then realise I overbuy. Now I just take a step back and ask myself if these stuff are necessary for my baby. Like when we 1st got back to SH after I delivered Matt, it was Feb 2008 and it was still winter time. Got 2 thick full bodysuits for him which he only wore one piece on our way back from the airport and never wore it again. Now these are rotting in my cupboard. Then when it was going into summer, I started buying stuff for Matt again and realise again I buy too much cos very soon, summer is over. So for this winter, I just let him wear his old stuff with layers rather than getting all new stuff.

tinkerbel,

shanghai is nice, i lived there before for a while, sometimes i miss it, miss the 4 seasons, love the winter and spring mths. things are cheaper there, can shop a lot.

talk about excitment abt buying stuff for bb. i'm already thinking of starting. but too soon rite? i think after wk12 then i think again, in the meanwhile trying hard to exercise control over my shopping addicts. haha..

quick update! i am gg for my first scan tomorrow morning!! but i think i am 5 weeks only, dunno if can see anything.

Anyway i haven't been coming to the forum cos whenever i talk about the baby i get morning sickness.

tinkabel,
i guess #2 for us is more prepared then the #1, Im also wasted alot of $ buying many stuff for #1 at the end din't use it, certain things like pacifier she never like it and never use at all and i kiasu buy a few before she was born, and some she have no chance to use it then can not wear already, now im not kancheong anymore, will buy only when really need it.

Hi Jenifur

Surprised to see you here.
happy.gif
Congrats once again! I'm only expecting my #2 and you're already there at #3. Hehehe. Way to go!

lxlb,

then i think we're about the same wks. i'm going tomorrow too. u must update what u see okie?

lol, baby doesn't like u to talk about him/her is it? so cute, give u MS when u talk about him/her.

kiki, ya agree. Shopped lots when I 1st moved it a few years ago. Now I am done! Just that I am still buying stuff for Matt, cos the clothes and toys are relatively cheaper... My hubby complains I spoil Matt too much by buying him too much toys. But I always argue I choose toys that are educational to buy for him haha

Feire: Definitely agree. Me also bought some stuff that never used. So I am trying to see what I can use for new baby and not buy more new thgs. Haha. My best investment was definitely the Avent Duo. Saves my life and prolong my breastfeeding... Haha...

Hi. I went to the gynae this week was 5 weeks 4 days, did ultrasound, saw an empty gestational sac...is this normal? the gynae said so far it is ok...but just wondering and worrying cos maybe we should be able to see a yolk sac also?

Hi everyone,
I went to my gynae on Mon (First Visit) as I had some pinkish discharge. She did the ultrasound and vaginal scan. Both shows my baby's heartbeat. She told me the discharge is normal and did a lab test for the discharge. Everything is fine. However, on Tue experience more bleeding went to KK. Doc also did the vaginal scan and said it's normal to bleed and B is doing well. Last night had bleeding. this time is red.....What should I do?

lynnette, check with ur gynae if u dont feel comfortable... did ur gynae give u hormone pills to stablise the pregnancy?? but my gynae did say discharge is quite a normal...

to all mummies,
how does morning sickness feel like?? i duno isit gastric or morning sickness...
sad.gif

lynnette, better check with ur gynae again. Cos as far as I know, any spotting or bleeding shd be more brownish than reddish. But I may be wrong.

morning ladies

Lynnette
Better get gyn to check you again since the bleedin is red. Take care

tinkabel
So u working in shanghai ? Do u plan to give birth there or in spore ?

darling princess
MS many usually associate it with nausea or vomitting. Do u have gastric before ?

darling princess

Do take care while taking medicine during preggy. Did you check with gyn or gp can take this gastric pill ? Then it could be hunger pangs . I too will feel nausea when i don't eat. Hope my MS just stay as it is. I hate vomitting :p

i m urs,

Gastric is very normal for my #1 preg, wind and pain everyday follow by diarrhea and vomiting, please dont take the gastric tablets, while preggy many medicine we can not take, lastime i went to normal GP told the doctor im gastric but im preggy, he dare not to give me medi, ask me to go to my gynae to make sure what i can take. my gynae prescribe something for me to buy from pharmacy, but dint really help, just have to endure all this for the 1st 3 mth.

Hi,

I'm back from my gynae clinic.
Thanks for all your concern.
She did a scan for me and everything is normal.
She said maybe the bleeding comes from my vaginal.
WOW...BB grows fast. When I went on Mon, it was only .55cm....today it's .9cm.
So excited. Thanks everyone.

hui chern, yes working in Shanghai. I always joke both my babies are made in China. Haha... definitely going back to Singapore to deliver. so will leave SH end July else cannot board SIA plane. haha... Last time, I left SH at 34 weeks, limit is 35 weeks.

lynnette sim,
so envy u... went to my gynae on tue nite,still too small... coz of diarrhea, went to kkh scan again... not much difference... my 1st gynae nv give me the size also...
sad.gif

feire,

thanks for advise, my gastric pills were from kkh... my own gp didnt dare to give me anything strong...
sad.gif
hope everything is fine with the little one... i m not really having any cravings yet... still trying to recover from diarrhea and gastric...

Hi

I had been having the vomitting feeling.
Want to vomit but nothing come out. So tiring.
I'm also worried, if I over exert my tummy strength to vomit, will it affect the bb's development?

Vomitted for the first time today but a little only. MS is getting worse. Luckily work is not too busy this year due to the slow economy.

Darling princess,
MS for me is usually not painful. But I get nausea whenever I'm hungry. Feels better when I'm full. Plus I am super sensitive to smells. Hate the hawker centre, oily smell especially.

Jiahui,
vomitting is part of MS and part of pregnancy. I don't think it will affect the bb. In my previous pregnancy, everytime I vomit, I exert so much that tiny red spots appear around my eyes afterwards.

hi ladies!

i just came back from the gynae, a doc in beijing. i went for ultrasound scan (not V-scan) even though it's only week 5/6. i saw the bb's heart pulsing, it's only a tiny dot, they can't even measure very accurately. only about 2mm... but cannot hear heartbeat yet. the diagnosis is in mandarin, so i don't understand half of it. but doc say all normal la, nothing to worry about.

My MS is kicking in too. i need to burp in order to feel better.

Kiki how was ur visit?

hi lxlb,

my visit was in the morning, i think everything is fine. apparently, the gynae said that can't see heartbeat yet
sad.gif
i hope its nothing bad. but can see the sac. wonder what he meant by sac, is it the yolk sac? i didn't ask, my mind was quite a blank due to excitement. but he said my sac is 6mm? if mine 6mm and yours 2mm, how come mine can't see heartbeat???

kiki> dunno le. maybe cos mine is normal scan. they said it's NORMAL. so i guess it's normal lor. china doctors maybe define things differently?

Hi all, yesterday confirmed by gynae that i'm expecting.. again... my #1 is 6 months old...

Hi Jenifur,

please add me
happy.gif

EDD: Mid-Sep
Gynae: Dr Adrian Woodworth
Hosp: TMC
# of Pregnancy: 2nd

Back