(2009/09) September 2009 MTBs

So sad my CL going back tmr liaoz... No more goody food...
sad.gif

potbelly

thanks for recommending cherrybrooks, will check it out! What does montesorri school mean ah? I hear it a lot but have no idea :p

i have visited kiasuparents.com before but cant seem to be able to see anything on prenursery.... but then again it might be because i wasnt seriously looking then.

CLud med
my hb conscent is whether safe to leave them with strangers. Very worried later come back cannot find our toddle.

Maid gg back end May to jun so planning for weekend trip since I need to take leave.

Paige
How many days r u going for the trip? Do ur co allow you to take long leaves within short notice?

I THINK I finally managed to tune my boy's schedule. But it goes haywire sometimes. Like last night. He has been going to bed between 8.30-9.30 the past few nights. Then last night, suddenly roll around until 11+pm only sleep. And he only slept 1 hour during the day, woke up usual hour. Wonder why like that. But at least he's asleep now la.
Can catch up on post.

connie
I just applied 9 days leave
happy.gif
My RO on maternity leave, so my current RO is actually retired (just this year) but she's back on some special project thingy, and she's really nice, the very motherly kind. She goes to US quite often coz her son lives there...I went to talk to her and she was giving me tips on places to go..says, no problem, u need a break!
happy.gif
hahahaha....
But hor, she hasn't approve my leave in the system yet!

paige

so envious, go states can buy a lot of kiddo stuff - pediped, ON, kate spade, VS... no need to join spree.
happy.gif

I cant wait to go somewhere too! actually planned for a krabi trip next weekend but alas, after i booked airtix HB told me that krabi got flash floods, so dunno can go or not. Was so looking forward to bringing babe to the beach for the first time.

so sian, still in office at this hour....
sad.gif

joli

my gal's bedtime routine takes almost 1.5 hours from starting to wash up all the way to she KO. by the time i finish it, I myself tired out and want to KO too. very bad habit. although i start to wash up at 9pm, she only sleeps around 10plus!

<font color="119911">Kam</font>
GOod luck in your new job/career search!
happy.gif

So fast come back from hols already.

<font color="119911">Paige</font>
Happy Holidays! So envious! I wish I could do the same, hmm....

<font color="119911">potbelly</font>
If your girl is still on really baby food now, maybe you'd like to start off with textured food first? Like maybe, porridge but not so mushy, then slowly slowly increase the texture to become like those teochew porridge but with soup (I use stock). Then slowly slowly rice when she can take it. I think if you suddenly change to solids when she has been used to mushy food, she'll probably not like them.
Having said that, I'm not an expert in feeding my boy lah. But just an idea on how to go about it. I have problems with him having enough food too, but not surprising, he never ask me for food/milk even when baby time, until about last month only ask for biscuit, which is his favourite now. Haiz...

<font color="119911">maelyn</font>
I gave my boy Marmite before, just a little bit for taste.

<font color="119911">kiki</font>
I try to up my calcium intake by those mummy's milk. Scared of osteoporosis.

<font color="119911">jul</font>
Now no maid already? Then S how?

<font color="119911">bernice</font>
yeah, our tots the same type. I was thinking "you dont need sleep, I need leh...."

<font color="119911">itsy</font>
If one two days on milk, should be ok ba. How about plain bread? My boy did take that when he refused the other more "tasty" food. So, he ended up with just milk and bread.

<font color="119911">kiki, Jul</font>
Dun say your tots, I also like to eat in front of TV. Oopps... Then I cant say my boy, haha... But so long as he eats, and don't keep food in his mouth, I'm ok with letting him watch, although many people say no good hor... Give me a few more years to change...

<font color="119911">Jul</font>
Yeah, have been trying to tune his schedule again these few days. Actually, I think the problem is me! I was never an early bird. Simply can't get up early, but can work till 2, 5,7 am for several days in a row. So, now, my clock is having a problem trying to settle into a "baby's timing" of sleep early, wake up early. I confirm gonna suffer when he goes to pri sch. And it leaves me wondering how did I manage to wake up 5.30am during my school days??

I'll try to investigate where did his petite genes come from. Hm...

Itsy- oh dear it's I's turn to eat spit eat spit..? Sigh I know how frustrating it can be cos z often do that. He's really a very hard to feed boy but what can I do. PD alr said it's due to my over successful BF that's why he prefers my milk much more. So now everyone keeps nagging constantly of z so skinny as compared to previously when he's like a sumo. Sigh! Trying v hard to filter off craps but I get agitated when I hear it so often. Bek chek when z don't eat and yet still hear all those. Then Hb say he teehing so nt eating well you should know right right right! Grrrr! 忍!ahhhhhhhh!

Jul - congratssssss!
happy.gif
very happy to hear such news. Hahaha!

Myfavchoco - you put off having #2..? initially for me I was totally not ready cos of many issues link w z but when I try to psycho myself fr quite a long time, I'm more ready yet my Hb is not. This planning/discussion have been in my mind for months and up til now still the same. Everytime bring up this issue, my Hb still giving not v positive feedbacks about it.. So I dnw what also. I totally feel damn bek chek and sianz. There's goes my "rabbit year baby". But I don't mind a "dragon year baby" but forget it. Give up on this topic liao! Feel so heartache whenever I bring up this topic and get negative comments frm him so many times.
sad.gif
think I now also kinda don't feel like I'm ready or want anymore cos of my Hb. He drives me crazy. Sigh!

Waiwai - i also want a bag of crayon rocks
happy.gif

My boy loves blueberry Jam with while bread, just tear in to small pieces and put in his bowl and he will enjoy , with his water bottle while we finish our long lost kfc session... Last night I gave him 1.5 bowl of pasta thou he is full but he still yaking thou he wan to sleep he point to outside he still wan milk he finish 150ml and fall flat till this morning ! I hope I am not over feeding him haha

Paige,
Ur RO so nice. Sure approved since she already told u where to go. I wonder how my leaves will be slashed if I apply for 2 weeks.

Waiwai,
How much is the crayon rocks? Keen on 1 first.

<font color="ff0000"><font size="+2">Crayon rocks (16 colours)</font></font>

Those who are interested, pls add your name to the list, as I don't log in frequently nowadays.

Need to have 25 boxes to get the discount. Still waiting for supplier to reply. Should not be more than $8 per box (BP selling $11.50)

1. Waiwai
2. cutedevil
3. gummymummy
4. Shirley
5. maelyn
6. rach
7. joli
8. joli
9. princessxiaomei
10. Connie Lim
... until 25

Princess,
Just to share with you a friend of mine who gave birth to her #2 recently, still in her 1st month of confinement. Her husband is those not so supportive and not hands-on type. He totally cannot handle it when #2 arrives, that he has to chip in to help with the kids (they just hired a maid to help with the housechores). Now they are in the process of divorcing. Very sad leh. She hasn't told us the details why and how they come to this sad decision, but we figure it has got to do with that the husband is not receptive of such big change. Feel so bad from the mummy.

Kam - so sad to hear such things. Is it bcos mainly of the kids now that he has to handle 2? That's the reason why i wanna make sure he is really ready before we plan. If accident then no choice cos all along we always don't use protection. Oops! :x my Hb so far could only do this, bathe z for me.. Try to occupy him fr short while when I do smth. Feed him, it's too challenging cos even I cannot feed him v well as z himself is not really interested in solid food. When outside, sometimes he carries him.. But mostly is me. Unless he's in stroller.. Night time, I put to bed all e time since birth. Cook, I cook. Feed, I feed. So come to think of it, I feel he's not ready not bcos of financial much more since I did tell him how much we had spend on z etc.. I felt it's bcos he cannot handle one by himself not me.

Crayon rocks (16 colours)

Those who are interested, pls add your name to the list, as I don't log in frequently nowadays.

Need to have 25 boxes to get the discount. Still waiting for supplier to reply. Should not be more than $8 per box (BP selling $11.50)

1. Waiwai
2. cutedevil
3. gummymummy
4. Shirley
5. maelyn
6. rach
7. joli
8. joli
9. princessxiaomei
10. Connie Lim
11. Connie Lim

... until 25

Waiwai,
Is it same as the link http://crayonrocks.net/

Kam,
Then wat happen to the 2 kids? My friend case was 2 kids all to daddy n ended with Grandparents as daddy remarried and wife already got 1 kid n now they have another 2 more. Felt v sad for the kids.

princess,
Wa lau, no protection! Can meh? How not to get pregnant huh :p Ya lor, it's not only about issue (which my friend is also facing), but more to how they face their new life, together.

Connie,
Very likely will be with the mum, cos this happened because of the dad who was cannot handle the 2 kids.

1. Waiwai
2. cutedevil
3. gummymummy
4. Shirley
5. maelyn
6. rach
7. joli
8. joli
9. princessxiaomei
10. Connie Lim
11. Connie Lim
12. Connie Lim
... until 25

1. Waiwai
2. cutedevil
3. gummymummy
4. Shirley
5. maelyn
6. rach
7. joli
8. joli
9. princessxiaomei
10. Connie Lim
11. Connie Lim
12. Connie Lim
13. Ginack
14. Ginack
15. Ginack

... until 25

Kam - hahaha withdrawal all the way. We nv use protection for years.. Lolx so my fren ask me to do smth to the condom la or make my Hb drunk la etc! Hahaha but I don't want do it like this leh!
Kids always End up most pitiful. Heartpain. Mummy also v kelian got to handle kids all by herself and wout Hb support. Men ah men why men like this de ley. Sigh!

Kam

Tomolo K starting full day tomolo. Jus called up to ask wat to bring.. They ask me bring mattress cover??? For wat?? Wat kind of matter cover? Tee lam cover?? I don have small one leh. How?? HR got bring?

myfavchoco,
Yes, he brings a mattress (tilam) cover (and a small blanket) on monday morning and brings back for laundry on friday evening. He got this from his previous cc, so I just let him continue to use, they never said cannot fit or anything, so I didn't know about the actual size. Maybe you can ask for the dimension? Also, I think they are switching to those stacking bed thingy (you received the e-mail from the principle?), and this new bed thingy don't need mattress cover. So don't go buy new one cos it's going to be short term only.

Oh btw, XY will only start on 1st July. 3 more months at her nanny. We just couldn't let go :p

Kam
Y got email?? I didn receive ANY email from school lor.. I ask my mom cut the tee lam cover into 2.. Then got 2 cover. Hahaha

July??? So long. Their class got one girl call Veronica... Soo cute, I like. And everytime K reach the school gate, she will run to the gate and call K name... So cute :p

kiki,
u started the startots already? How is it?

They called me today to start tomorrow. 9am slot. Always so short notice. should I go or should I not? Originally plan to start on May for montessori but 3 days per week. Now make me think again.

potbelly
is playclub still parent accompanied? oh...she's been with bjg quite some time now ya? how is it? is it good? effective?

gummymummy
kiasuparents got 1 section dedicated to preschool discussion.

joli
u'e taking mummy's milk? isn't it a bit too much? thought only pregnant moms that take mummy's milk! why not calcium pills? i think i might start taking some. nowadays after i do housework like mop/vaccum the floor, in a bended position for a while...after that my back hurts!

princessxiaomei
your Z is not skinny what...why ppl keep saying he is skinny ah? yes, he is not pui pui type but i find his size is ok. it cld be in the genes coz both u and hb also petite! why don't u just tell them that nextime!

myfavchoco
haha..so cute, i was trying to imagine a pretty cute little girl running up to K every morning. so fast got sweetheart in school already ah!

connie
not yet. tomorrow start! i'm feeling abit nervous! hope she will like the school else i headache! wow...how come yours gave you such short notice?!

biting teats
any of your tods bite their teats?!? i mean really bite until the sides can tear kind! how ah??? i think i'm gonna go bankrupt changing teats! just bought new teats less then 1 wk old, now its got a tear at the side. how to stop her from CHEWING the teats when she drinks her milk?! *stress*

Kiki
From the name list, his class mostly girls leh.. Think 1 or 2 boys nia. So easily attract opp sex? Hahahha

K also like to bite teat but he didn bite till tear la. Think is becos his gum itchy leh

kiki,
10min to decide wan or don want. 2nd time like this liao. Now I still thinking cause is 9am slot. 1115am, no need to think will reject. ......... But y every month got slot?.....

Kam

To me, your XY is very good already leh. Sam put me off No 2 for the longest time.

I dun get it. Sam eats so much yet he's not exactly very big or heavy. Guess he has the big-sized genes but not the FAt genes? (hope)

Oh XY's starting CC? I thought you intended leaving her at the nanny's coz of the subsidy issue?

Jess

Aiyoh why got so many probs with invitations ah? Can you PM me your email again? I like your company's work hours hehe

gummymummy

Thanks
happy.gif

Joli

I give you babydust after I find out the sex then hahaha

Hubs &amp; I have been taking turns to take half day in the am. See how lah. If cannot cope, then hire another maid lor.

Haha Hi5! I'm also like you. Ask me to stay up, ok. Ask me to wake up early? Aiyoh..

princess

Thanks! Don't think so much. take it easy. And most imptly, don't force it upon your hubs. Feel bad for Kam's fren &amp; her kids.

What? No protection? Wanna end up like me huh? hahaha

potbelly

Invited you liao

Paige

Yeah people keep saying that Spain is dangerous. I liked it. Only sore point was that Hubs got pickpocketed of his spare Cam batt &amp; outr SD card which contaiend our last night in Lisbon &amp; 2 days in Toledo
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
It's his fault lah! Put it in his backpack pocket! *angry*

kiki

I can't do what you do with Sam. If I say goodnight, he'll start squealine coz he knows it's bedtime! I have to pretend to go out of the room to bring out the milk bottle then conveniently not come back. Cannot say goodnight or goodbyes with Sam one!

Itsy &amp; I are mummies, but we're not DEAD lor haha

<font color="aa00aa">myfavchoco</font>

how Kriden? Fever subsided? Hope he's better alr..

so cute! got girlfriend liao ah? no more Kim? no wonder Kim cranky dun want to nap.. wahahah~ *just kidding*
btw, did he learn those new words in sch? I hope Jaelle can learn to talk when she starts sch... =)

So aft u settle him in full day cc, i guess u'll be starting work soon as well? I wish i could... hurhur~

<font color="aa00aa">paige</font>

I ENVY u lor! u've been able to travel quite a bit hor? Now USD low somemore... can go n shop till u drop! hehe~
I dun even get to go Johor!(just an eg; not that i want to go johor la) =P

ling

Jaelle will learn better from mummy haha. Coz mummy loves jaelle mah

Sam's starting to form sentences. Broken ones though haha

<font color="aa00aa">jul</font>

I tried to encourage her to talk but she just wouldnt leh! now she only can say simple words like,
me- mama,
food- mum mum,
ball- bor bor,
婆婆- popo,
no more- mo more
don't want- a soft "no wan" (rarely)

thats abt it lor.. maybe just a few more random ones which happens to be more of a coincidence ba... and most of the time she will point n show to indicate what she wants... Just duno how to make her speak more words! =S

Kiki - I said that many times but they said rubbish. What I say to them is rubbish and what they say to me also rubbish. They said no such things even thou I said my PD said so! Grrrr... My nephew used to bite his teat every use and my mum so mad! Imagine his teat is changing every feed?!?! his mum my cousin gg broke w just buying many many teats! -.- and my z is biting me lately!!!!! PAin ahhhhhhhhhhh!

Nightmare- lately dnw why my z sleep halfway wake up cry and scream! He just did that few mins ago. He didn't play much or do anything different leh. So disturbing fr him.

Jul - I all along didn't use protection and always use withdrawal. Even when I had z it wasn't by accident but rather planned and it was on the day I ovulate or a day before so maybe that's why it's boy. HahahHahHa! Now my menses cycle all rojak, a little hard to spot O day! Last time was v accurate! Always 28-29 days cycle. I won't do funny business to get myself pregnant... I just let it be now and maybe till one day my Hb wakes up his mind he may then change his thinking.. Just wait and wait and wait.. Hahaha

myfavchoco,
Don't know if it's because K attending half day? Jane mass-emailed us to tell us that. You receive monthly report for K? I receive a monthly report on HR through e-mail.

Luckily K doesn't have to fight with HR for the girlfriend. I don't know which one is V leh, but I will find out. HR's gf in this cc is Danica, in K's class, I think.

Jul,
No, we don't put XY to cc is NOT because of the subsidy issue, cos it's the same cos at cc and at nanny. I already 看开 and don't think of the subsidy liao. But it's more for the genuine love and care that her nanny provides, and those yummy and nutritional lunch and dinner! CC's food can never come close to her nanny's cooking loh. Ah boh, you think how my gal pui pui, all thanks to her nanny lor.

ling

Ah.. maybe Mummy knows what Jaelle wants all the time, so she doesn't have 'incentive' to learn? Or maybe she's just not the zizha type, which isn't a bad thing for a gal haha

Dun worry, once she starts CC, peer pressure will kick in.

I think Sam talks so much coz he has a talkative mum who talks NON-stop to him bah? Try talking to her more? I chit chat to Sam all the time in the car, until he makes a fuss if I don't respond to HIS chitchat *argh*

princess

heehee you're very cute leh.

Kam

Ah... Ok I see. Sorry I must have misunderstood. Dunno why I got it into my brain abt the cost. But I rem quite clearly that your nanny is a treasure
happy.gif

Jul,
Yes, yes, my kids both talk early and lots cos they have a noisy mum, I cannot stop talking to them in the car.

Yes, yes, she is precious gem!

kam

I find Sam repeating what I say to him quite often. Right now he aws says, "Glass cannot play", doing the No-no hand wave. Argh! Both cute &amp; irritating leh haha

Back