(2009/09) September 2009 MTBs

kam

ya, i am still trying to find what works best for her. take something away must distract with another thing. but sometimes, really no time, and she's not cooperative. when we put her at naughty corner, we kept talking to her and telling her why she doesnt need to shriek and why we need to take away that thing from her. that night before sleeping, i talked to her again.

i hope by talking and reinforcing continuously, she will get it somehow.

i think its also that function room was with a lot of echo, so her shiek came out very very very loud and piercing, different from the normal kids screaming playing sounds, thats why the unwanted attention, haha.

hey, how do you think we can let her express her unhappiness instead of shieking? for whining, i asked her to say "please".

Crayon rocks (16 colours)

Those who are interested, pls add your name to the list, as I don't log in frequently nowadays.

Need to have 25 boxes to get the discount. Still waiting for supplier to reply. Should not be more than $8 per box (BP selling $11.50)

1. Waiwai
2. cutedevil
3. gummymummy
4. Shirley
5. maelyn
6. rach
7. joli
8. joli
9. princessxiaomei
10. Connie Lim
11. Connie Lim
12. Connie Lim
13. Ginack
14. Ginack
15. Ginack
16. Shanice(nicekiel)
17. Shanice (nicekiel)

... until 25

Kam
I tot it's no good too.. The teacher was v proud when she showed me the kids and how well behaved they r. I said I'm impressed but in my heart I was thinking what did u do to them?! Why so quiet and all sit there guai guai play with just the blocks in front of them!! Then when Ian took a toy from one of the boy, the Boy snatched it back and Ian ran to me crying. The teacher called the bigger boy to give the toy to Ian because Ian is a new friend. That boy guai guai gave the toy to Ian!! I dunno leh, one hand I want Ian to be obedient like them, on other hand, I dun wish for him to be a robot. I hope it's just that moment I was there that they happened to be like that. Problem is the teacher didn't seem keen for me to stay and observe the class.

separation anxiety
today kim went for her 1st session daily playgroup. i thought i cld stay thru the whole 2 hrs with her, but the teacher said cannot, only 1st hr. said that it was the school's policy. she said i can either leave after 1st hr or take her home with me. i chose to take her home. was not prepared to leave her there today. she was ok, didn't cry and was quite happily exploring. 1st 45mins was just freeplay, abit long don't u think?! but she does occassionally look up to see if i'm there and wld wave or smile at me. my heart sank when i thought abt the scene when she look up to look for me and i'm not there. sure cry one! just thinking abt it, i feel like i wanna cry liao! God help me! now i'm wondering if i made a mistake putting her in this type of parent unaccompanied playgroup!

Kiki
oh Kim starts school today too? Time for mama to learn to let go. She will feel ur anxiety too. And u will never know how she ll cope unless u give her a chance to do it.

Hi today also jermaine first day. Was sitting behind for 45 mins. She kept coming over to find me. Thus I decide to leave the class. Not good for her to Keep walking behind to find me. .one hr 30 mins later, When the class ended, teacher said she enjoyed the class.
happy.gif

gummymummy,
That's why loh. Until they are older, the only way for them to express is through crying/whinning loh. My elder boy can speak very well since 2.5 yo, he can tell us clearly what's his feeling, but he still whines at times, kids ma.

Itsy,
Don't want lah. So obedient for what?

kiki,
Hugz! If she enjoys the class, she would forget about you, soon. Think you are the one who has to learn to let go :=)

kiki
*hugz* guess mummy has to learn to let go... My heart aches too when shanis started her playgroup and she cries till eyes swollen leh! but now she's gotten used to it and loves going to sch.. she always pointed and says "school" when we pass by daily. they'll take time to get used and so do u! jiayou!

Itsy

OIIII!!!!! What Sam's mummy zizha ah? Wanna fight ah???? hahaha

paige

What???? How'd that happen? Oh gosh! Who on earth is this "client"?

ling

Jaelle "feels' like a quiet gal, like mummy lah! Guess Sam's like me *sigh* How? Not good for a boy to be zizha leh *worried* Maybe I shd talk less to him. Hubs used to call me a "sprout" - short for "jiaogeh" aka "tao gay"

princess

Nvm *pat pat* U complain to us here lor

gummymummy

I also put on a bit after I stop pumping. But not much lah. I guess I'm abt 1kf more than pre-preg but same weight as my no-exercise days, so I guess can count as didn't put on? Hmm.. *confusing myself*

kam

Oh dear, speedy recovery to you & XY. Hopefully HR & your hubs dun catch the bug.

kiki

Sometimes it's mummies having the separation anxiety & not our kids. I know how you feel, & I'm kinda glad that Sam isn't gog to sch till next Jan. But I'm a bit worried abt whether he'll feel that I'm sending him away when didi/meimei is here.

He's increasingly clingy to me. I've shared many times before that Sam was rather indifferent to me right? From conception, I think he started to play with me a bit more. Then just before I suspected, he started asking for me. And after I tested positive, he actually prefers me to his favourite Gonggong. This am he was screaming for me to sit with him to watch Hi5 after his lunch, & wouldn't let me wash my hands! And when I was pushing him in the pram to make him nap, he kept turning ard to check that I was still the one pushing him. Aiyoh.. heartache leh

gummymummy

I think one of th reasons Sam is more managable now is bcoz he can talk quite a bit. So he can express himself & tell us or point out what he wants hence less tantrums. But I'm having other probs with him now, esp the clingy thing.

kiki
i read until my eyes wet lor.. i also feel that u got to learn to let go.. i feel that sending kids to school got to be "heartless" one. i always pass K to his teacher he cry cry cry but i jus turn and walk away.. hide at a corner and wait till he stop crying.. lolz

Today K starting his full day class... 2.10pm now... my mom look at me, i look at her.. she say "like veri funny hor w/o K around" yup agreed.. time pass so slow too.. wonder how is he coping...

kiki

i havent start unaccompanied playgroup yet but i tried to leave my daughter at the church nursery without helper 2 Sundays back. some kids do that as early as 14-15 months, but as Cait started walking slower, i only put her to the bigger class recently. i didnt have much time to think about it, it all happened so fast, registered her, teacher carried her, she waved bye bye, i told her be good, mummy come back later for u ok? while i was about to leave, i saw her cry already.

i know its worse if i stayed on, so i just quickly walked on. So worried when i was at church!

when i picked her up after that, her eyes were swollen. saw me straightaway cry the kelian type of cry. teachers said that she would play a bit, then realise mummy or helper not around, then cry.

usually helper will accompany her.

I will try again this Sunday. hopefully she will get better. once they are familiar and enjoy the toys / friends, they should be fine. but i believe that the sooner we do that, the earlier they adapt. Jiayou!

jul

if i were you, i would let him be clingy to his fill... after no 2 comes along, he will probably dont have your time exclusively lor...

itsy, kam, milkyway, jul, myfavchoco, gummymummy
thanks for all the consoling and encouragement! you all are so sweet lah. yeah...the feeling really s*cks! i honestly didn't think i'd feel this bad. but yes, got to get used to it! ok, come monday i will just leave her there after 1 hr and pray for the best!

huishan
are you j*n? sorry i'm a bit blur and mixed up sometimes with the nicks and realnames in fb. keke.. your gal also at startots rite? did your teacher say must leave after 1hr too?? so you let her attend the full 2hrs today? did jermaine cry when u left?

gummymummy

Yeah lah, I guess I shd just indulge him. Now I'm starting to feel guilty that I can't give him unlimited attention anymore.

kiki

Jiayou! Jiayou! When K starts to enjoy shc, you'll feel better liao. Just gotta tough it out for the time being.

actually, do u think its better to just slip away quietly or must say bye bye properly? i read in a book that we shd tell the child that i'm leaving and shd not just disappear. but i think if i tell her bye bye, she will surely cry lor! how ah? so which way is better?!

Yes I am Jan in fb. Hee jermaine attends star tots. Teacher allow me to stay for whole session. But I see myself as a hindrance for jermaine to learn new things as once she is bored she will turn behind n looked at me. Soon she started to even walk over. Upon arrival, jermaine show eagerness to join the queue to take temperature & hand check so i told the teacher Tt I will leave halfway. I left secretly. Think she forgot abt me. Haa

kiki

i read the same thing. better to tell her and reassure you are coming back. she might cry but will get used to it. and seeing you do come back reaffirms what you told her.

slipping away might make her lost and confused...

huishan
your teacher is so good! now i wonder why my teacher didn't want me to stay and if the school policy thing was just a way to make me leave. =( so when u picked her up again, did she cry when she saw u?

kiki,
i only slip away on the first day. after tat i say byebye to him. till now he is still crying lor. but i think he jus cry for attention nia, bout 10second?? then his frd come talk to him then he stopped and forget bout me liao.. everyday like tat.. kaysiao one... =P

I also feeling guilty that I'm unable to give my #1 as much attention as before. Now he got to share it with didi at such a young age
sad.gif
Really miss my #1, can't carry him also.

Grandparents already start to make comparison between the two. Saying how #2 date and time of birth is so much better than #1 , will have a better life.. Hear already so heart ache for #1.

She never cry. But looked very tired. Slept before we reached home. Haa now all her timing changed. Now going michelle Hse. Anyone going too?

Kiki
better to let her learn that after saying goodbye, she'll see u again later after school. If u dissappears, she might get phobia of going to school. I mean, even if u dissappears, she'll realise it soon and cry too so either way she's gonna cry, y not let her learn how to say goodbye properly. This is just how I feel lah, Ian cries whenever my parents r leaving, my mum suggested they dissappears too but I always make sure Ian says goodbye to them, cry cry cry but Im sure one day, he'll understand. Even now, once we turn our back, he is ok immediately! I think it's his grandparents who gets more upset.

Oh, when she cries, u cannot cry leh, else she'll feel insecure too. Must ren!

kaira

Huh? Why are they saying such things? Very insensitive leh, esp when you're in this period & already feeling bad for #1 etc etc.

kiki,
I say should say goodbye then leave. Silently dissappear not so good lah. But best is to talk to the teacher, ask which way they prefer, since they are the ones who need to soothe the child after you leave. Some may prefer one way than another.

Kaira / Jul,
We have this very popular quote in my #1's thread - LOVE CAN BE MULTIPLIED! Though it's true that the time you have for #1 is going to be lessen, but rest assure that your love for him is always the same, if not more. Don't worry too much lah. You would know what to do when #2 arrives.

huishan
see ya soon! i juz prepared some small snacks for the kids. don't think any other sept mom is joining us. ling said might join but i doubt it as her gal today start CC and she has not contacted me. another oct mom joining us though. =)

gummymummy, itsy, myfavchoco, kam
yep, i also feel its better to tell her 'bye bye'. my only worry is after telling her she will cry lor! haha..yes ok, i will definately try not to show any 'sadness' if she cries.

Jul & kam,

Cos now is the recovery period for me. Can't really spent 1:1 time together with my #1. It's my FIL says de. He check on those sheng Chen ba zhi book and confirm that it is the way. Yup, my love for #1 will always be special ;)

Jul,

Congrats .

oooh...playdate at kiki house huh...
have fun!!
happy.gif

me still stuck at home... will officially go out after 40 days.... trying not to unless important or necessary....

jio jio me next time okie...
happy.gif

Halo mummies,

Long time didnt login le. Seems most of u start to send ur kids to CC. Ya, can fully understand the separation anxiety. Cos I also cry after sending him there. haha. I had withdrawn mine previously due to frequent sickness and his young age (think full day may be too much for him that time). Will start him again when he turns 2years old.
happy.gif
Any supplements to recommend to build up their immune system?

Crayon rocks (16 colours)

Those who are interested, pls add your name to the list, as I don't log in frequently nowadays.

Need to have 25 boxes to get the discount. Still waiting for supplier to reply. Should not be more than $8 per box (BP selling $11.50)

1. Waiwai
2. cutedevil
3. gummymummy
4. Shirley
5. maelyn
6. rach
7. joli
8. joli
9. princessxiaomei
10. Connie Lim
11. Connie Lim
12. Connie Lim
13. Ginack
14. Ginack
15. Ginack
16. Shanice(nicekiel)
17. Shanice (nicekiel)
18. Chase

... until 25

kam

True. I agree that the heart will grow to accomodate another one. But still will feel guilty abt the attention & time lor, esp when I'm feeling tired these days AND being maidless. Will try not to think too much on the negative side
happy.gif

Kaira updated in FB

kaira

Thanks
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">kam</font>
you and XY get well soon, ok?
Yeah, my mind is in turmoil now, I am glad I'm going on a holiday to free my mind of these nonsense. Am also glad I have such a supportive Director...*sigh* I guess this place is not bad afterall.

<font color="0000ff">kiki</font>
Yes, at Kate's childcare, her teachers insist that I must say goodbye to her and NOT leave her without her knowing. Her old childcare did not practise this, they even encouraged me to leave quietly!
Kate still cries when I give her a hug and leave everymorning, but I can hear that she will stop even before I reach the door! haha.

<font color="0000ff">Kaira</font>
Congrats!
happy.gif
You are our #3 sept mummy to pop!

<font color="0000ff">jul</font>
you read my latest entry, you will get a gist of who this "client" is lah. Some ppl too free nothing to do, must be sooo nosey!

<font color="0000ff">ling</font>
Jaelle seems to be enjoying herself!
happy.gif
And yes, I agree we need to converse with our tods more, Kate is super talkative now, then again she might have my talkative genes.

<font color="0000ff">itsy</font>
I agree with Kam, most important factor is the look on the kid's face...if they are all so stoned out, its pretty scary!

<font color="ff6000">jul</font>
You &amp; hb taking leave to take take care of S? But can take leave til how long?

<font color="ff6000">gummymummy</font>
If can dun use cane, is better. I read that they can get rebellious in teenage years, cos no longer scared of the cane.

I think the positive encouragement method is very good, but so difficult to implement sometimes. That's why I say I give him 3 "chance" before he kena.

<font color="ff6000">itsy</font>
Haha....I was reading your post on playgroup, and it feels dark, man... ;|

<font color="ff6000">kiki</font>
I think I'll feel like you too. Now "scared" to proceed with finding school. Hm...should I wait till 2 years old? But I think friends are good for him.

I'm glad you asked the question on slipping away better, or say bye bye better. All the books say tell the kid better, but so difficult to do. And I always wondered.

<font color="ff6000">kaira</font>
Congrats! Everything ok I hope. So fast hor?
Tell grandparents dun compare lah, not good for the kids. I hated to be compared when I was young, whether or not I'm the one doing better or worse. If based on ba zhi alone, then we all no need to make efforts already.

<font color="ff0000"><font size="+2">Crayon Rocks</font></font>

The overseas supplier still has not replied me despite I flood their email. I just sent an email, and if I don't get back from them and if we cannot get MOQ of 25, then have to cancel the spree. Alternatively, for those who are interested, I can try to negotiate with the local supplier for better deal for our bulk purchase (currently 18 bags)

<font color="ff0000">Crayon Rocks</font>

I give up on the overseas supplier, not replying at all!!! pissed~~

Just sent an email to the BP supplier, see whether she can offer a good discount

<font color="ff0000">Crayon Rocks</font>

The BP sellers quotes $165 for 15 bags. So it is $11 per bag, no difference from her BP $22 for two bags...

Paiseh.... back to square one... think we have to find our own "partners" to get the crayon... :p

<font color="aa00aa">rach</font>

ya. Jaelle hasnt hit 11kg. she was ard 10.7kg at 18mths. haven measured since...

erm... i didnt see any posting abt ppl commentin that RY has put on weight wor~ hurhur~ thats why i got shocked why i see u posting that she's 11kg liao... cos i rem when Jaelle was 9kg+... RY was only ard 7-8kg... hurhur~

She's eating well!

<font color="aa00aa">post-natal weight loss due to BF or...?</font>

hmm... Jaelle was on total bm till ard 9 mths old. When I was preggy with her, I put on a total of 16kg. But towards the end of my bfing journey, I lost almost 10kg off pre-jaelle's weight. so that brings the total weight loss to be abt 26kg. However, I believe that my massive weight loss was also somehow due to my 1st preg which I lost at 13weeks. Tho' it was only 13wks, I gained alot of weight during that preg and was nv able to shed them off till I had Jaelle. So, Thank God! =P

However, aft I stopped bfing, I have gained back another 2-3kg thus far! *sigh* =(
I hope i dun cont' to gain more... I'm still 5-6kg away from my weight at my wedding but to lose more seems really futile for me le... =(

<font color="aa00aa">itsy</font>

woah! Ian dun wana be in school isit? so got himself blacklisted bef he could even get in? lol... just kidding... Dun tink they sch will blacklist him la...

加油 on ur search!

Ling> yes!! RY was stuck at 7-8kg for the longest time... Then suddenly she started eating alot... Rice and rice... Then after helper came... 8-9kg to 10kg in 2 mos...
Then CL came.. She became 11.2kg(highest record) in 2weeks... Last many days on food strike.. Only milk... Back to 11kg... She's now 小胖妹... At least Jaelle is tall....
RY short n fat...>.<"""

N yayy!! I lost all pre preg weight...
Started at same weight for both of them...
But another 15kg to wedding weight!!! Keke...

<font color="0000ff">crayon rocks</font>
let me try see if I can get disount from overseas supplier...
Mummies wait for me okie..
happy.gif

paige

Oh then I can't read that post liao. Gosh! Why can't we have freedom of expression these days?

joli

The half day will be a temp thing. Maybe will start to taper off next week, then totally not take leave at all. Guess if my ILs surrender &amp; say they can't cope, we'll hire another maid.

<font color="aa00aa">kiki</font>

so sorry abt the playdate! I totally forgot! opps! I got home at ard 1plus aft dabaoing my lunch... When I was buying lunch, can see she really wana dose off liao. So reached hm, bathe her, then put her to nap at 2pm... but this bugger only slpt at 3! I fell aslp while tryin to put her to nap lor.. n she slpt till 5!

so sorry yah~ it was a bz n tired day~
hope u all enjoyed urself at playdate! =)

Back