(2009/09) September 2009 MTBs

melissa, xmasc - welcome to the 'club'. Hate those period days. lifeless me!

Tilsa - saw on FB you going Japan? Yep, 2 months back, i went overseas and left my girl at home. Super miss her. When i came back, i noticed the difference in her ie she has grown! and dun look the same as when i left. Enjoy your trip especially the food!! Regarding bow legs, she hasn't starting walking right? so i tink it's ok, once they start to walk, i suppose it'll straighten out.

michelle - oh dear! poor thing, still got phelgm. How about going to the PD to get a review? Must get it cured asap!

ling - regarding the HT, do you do meetups? or collect from your place in bedok?

Jenifur

for the endo magic cooker just throw in rice n water, cook for 10 mins over stove then close the lid then it'll cook by itself? How long will it take to cook? Can keep warm for how long?

<font face="segoe print"><font color="#FF6666">bernice...</font>

Collection either at my place in bedok south, bedok central or my mum's in sembawang can be arranged. other than that, unless i happen to go to that place, i can meet u there. </font>

kiki and bbq,
my husband has ever used the tabletop cloths to wipe my boys' hands/mouth before. whenever i see it, i'll tell him nicelt to use a more suitable medium instead. but i know he will continue to use it lah, when it's more convenient to him. my mum will scream at him if she sees him doing it at her house though.

like last saturday i asked him to bathe the baby because i was having my period (else usually me and baby bathe together). and he didn't want to get himself wet either so he just laid baby on my mum's toilet floor and used a shower hose to spray water over the baby. i think if any of your domestic helper did that, sure will get sacked. but husband cannot sack lah. anyway in my household, this type of thing have to close one eye (or close two eyes) if i want him to help me care for the boys. so as long as there's no long term side effects, i allow him to care for the boys in whatever ways he chooses. and the boys see the father as a very fun playmate, so in the long run maybe they enjoy bathing this way, hahaa.

Rach, can get the yoghurt drops again? My girl loves it and I love it too! Hehe.. feel like getting some and put in office for myself.. kekeke..

kam

not sure how this cruising thing started. he just started pulling himself up to stand ard 2 weeks ago. suddenly.. bam! more work for me!

kinda stressed.. coz my tv console n coffeetable are low.. i have standing fan, wires on the floor, standing speakers.. dvd players etc on the console.. terrible.

baby snacks

is it necessary to give bb snacks like biscuits, puffs etc? i see so many of u giving ur bbs. i aws tot we shdn't encourage them to snack when they're young.. else will turn out like me! eat 1-2 packs of kinder bueno a day!

<font color="dc143c">enxuan</font>

I'm closing <font color="ff0000">Happy Baby Cereals &amp; Melts</font> on 10th April..
happy.gif

Email me the order form if u wanna order..
happy.gif

<font color="dc143c">BP thread</font>
aiyo... i can get almost all her stuffs at even cheaper price.. hahaa.... if u all want, let me know... its preorder though... 3 weeks...

<font color="dc143c">Jul</font>
hahahaha.. i have Jumbo pack of Kinder Bueno at home.. wahhahaa...

these are healthy snacks.. not rubbish... its all fruit, wholegrain based.. :p

Jul,
Same as my #1. He pulled himself to stand, then 2 weeks later he started to cruise. Yes, it's more work (for you), but more fun (for him)!

No need to stress lah. One thing at a time. Slowly child-proof your house lor. I found those safety accesssories at IKEA are pretty good. For example, I want to lock my fridge. I have tried so many brands from different shops, none worked, as in my boy was able to damage or pulled off the thing within the same day. Only the IKEA one, see picture below, lasts till now :) For corner bumpers, none worked for me (but I didn't get to try IKEA one), my son managed to take off all those I have tried within the same day. Luckily he never bumped onto the corners. I should go get some corner bumper and drawer locks to try out.
3826054.jpg

<font size="+2">Definitely more fun. Enjoy!!!</font>

rach

Yeah I know these are not rubbish snacks like those that I eat haha. What I meant was.. shd they be eating between meals?

kam

Yeah I bot corner bumpers. Totally rubbish! Keep falling off even without Sam peeling them.

Can I use the fridge lock for cabinets n drawers? Think I may need to make a trip down to Ikea to grab some of these. I have so many drawers n cabinets doors waiting to be 'investigated' haha

Jul,
For me, I only give my girl biscuts when we are busy having our meals, to distract her, so we can have our meals (kinda) peacefully. We don't give her any snack between meals.

I haven't tried the lock on cabinets/drawers. I only used it on fridge and doors. But supposed it should work. IKEA has drawer locks also. For my #1, drawers and cabinets were never a problem though when he was young, so I didn't put any lock. Only till when he was older, he was interested in the stuff kept inside the drawers. I still didn't put lock, but instead, I emptied the drawers, and put his toys in the drawers instead.

<font color="dc143c">Spiffies Tooth Wipes</font>

Mummies, anyone keen in this??

But i calculated its about $8-9 per pack after shipping...

Product Description
Individually wrapped, hygienic, and disposable, Spiffies™ apple-flavored Dental Wipes are designed to effectively clean your baby's first teeth and gums. Dental caries or cavities are the most common chronic disease of childhood, but your baby doesn't have to be part of that statistic. Spiffies™ Dental Wipes remove plaque from baby's first teeth and safely fight cavity-causing bacteria with xylitol.

Sugars in juice, milk, formula and foods can stimulate bacteria in the mouth, resulting in a buildup of harmful plaque and early tooth decay. Studies have shown that xylitol safely inhibits these plaque-forming bacteria and promotes a healthy mouth environment.

The American Academies of Pediatrics (AAP), Family Physicians (AAFP) and Pediatric Dentistry (AAPD) all recommend that parents wipe their infants' gum and erupting primary teeth with a washcloth or wet gauze two to three times daily. Spiffies™ Dental Wipes make that job easy and much more effective than plain washcloths alone.
•Effective: Xylitol inhibits cavities and gum disease in children and adults.
•Convenient: Individually wrapped, ideal for use when away from home.
•Easy: Simply wrap the towelette around your finger, rub your baby's teeth and gums thoroughly, and throw the wipe away.
•Baby Friendly Flavors: Infants and toddlers love the great taste of Spiffies™. Flavors come in Grape, Apple, and Mango.
Keep a supply ready in the automobile, diaper bag, nursery or purse. Handy for children and adults when traveling or when brushing just isn't feasible. Spiffies may also be used with special needs children (cerebral palsy, autism, chemotherapy induced gingivitis) who are sometimes averse to having their teeth brushed.

Caution: Do not allow a child under six years of age to use Spiffies without adult supervision.

3826472.jpg

xmasc> haha. den at least i dun feel so stress. if he manage to drag it across de room. think hubby will start to question my buys =p

potbelly> ya lo. brought him to dr terrence today. he commented tat now is lung virus period. a few babies he see all attending infant care all came in with pneumonia or lisewise symtoms. but commented my boy's one not so bad yet.

maelyn> i'm using the parklon yellow sch bus bumper mat at my hm. getting the playyard to surround de bumper mat. arriving ard 26th april

bernice> yeah. juz back fr pd. more serious than last time. need to start on antibiotic n go on neubiliser. in de end i decided to buy de whole neubiliser. cos it only cost 250+gst, den if i rent, everyday is 10bucks. mon still need purposely go down return since baby needs it for 5days this time

sandwich> wah. splash water. keke. think ur boys will love ur hubby when dey are bigger =p

kinder bueno> erms. wat's with them. i got a whole lot of those in the fridge. hubby stock up on them de last time we went to cold storage -_-

<font color="ff6000">Kinder bueno</font>

Haha i hv in my fridge n freezer too! hubs loves them! got offer in ntuc a couple of wks back so we stock!

<font color="dc143c">Kinder Bueno</font>
LOL! Looks like its our hubbies who likes it...

My HB was the one who wanna get it too..during sales at NTUC as well... ^5 cookiezz! ahhaha..

<font color="dc143c">Victoria Secret $25 off 250..</font>
Anyone??
Can get anything except clearance items.. :p

Will use international shipping direct to Singapore.. so will receive in a week..
happy.gif

ling - ok. I find it hard to find sweet potato, country apples, food jars ley. Do you have the same problem?

michelle - icic, get well soon!

Anyone gave their babies Healthy Times Barley cereal?

Sandwich

your description of your husband bathing your baby is so comical. Wouldn't the water from the hose go into the eyes, nose mouth?? Then he turns him over then hose his back??

<font color="dc143c">Parklon Mats</font>
Mummies, sorry for the delay..
but i can bring this in now........ :p

Anyone wants??
MOQ: 10pcs..
happy.gif

<font color="dc143c">bernice</font>
bought the barley cereals.. but yet to give... still on 2nd tin Happy Bellies... Oatmeal now...

kam

speaking of having meals in peace! nvr experienced that for almost 8 mths! the only time we're relatively undisturbed is when we're out with our parents who can help to babysit.. but it's not the same
sad.gif

i think my most urgent prob now is how to prevent sam from toppling the fan!

baby at mealtimes

speaking of meals, do ur babies sit quietly n eat? sam will smear food all over his face, hair, the seat etc coz he'll either knock the spoon or put his fingers into his mouth. he'll bite the seat too! all his clothes will get smeared with food. it's such a headache cleaning up after him. can't imagine how i'm gonna feed him outside
sad.gif

cookiez

2moro cfm ah. toa payoh right? i meet u at central?

kinder bueno

hubs likes them. i love them! i eat 1-2 packs everyday
sad.gif

<font color="0000ff">Jen</font> thanks so much for the website info on the float shop at SSC, will probably go there this wkend if I'm feeling better...can have my steak at Ashton too
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">block duct and infection</font> AGAIN!! arghh! am on another course of antibiotics....had fever of 38.8degC, chills, heavy head...so annoying!

And the GP i went to this morning was advising me to STOP breastfeeding! I feel so lost and sad now...was also kinda suprised at my weight when i stepped onto her weighing scale...i think i have a problem of constant weight loss, its not good, i was adviced to go check it out *sigh*...i think my BMI is below 16 now...

I am still contemplating whether to stop breastfeeding or not...I have always wanted to breastfeed Kate until she is 1yr old...plus I have enough supply...but the GP says that its taking a toll on my health...*sigh*

Jul

yeah baby feeding can be messy. I try to feed her as quick as I can. If another person is around, he can use towel to clean her hands quickly when she puts it into her mouth and the chair when she bites it. She tries to snatch the spoon and bowl from me!! Trick is to be vigilant and react quicker than her. Sometimes too slow then hv to clean her up. :p

bernice> thx

paige> ya. i think bf is taking a toll on all our health. all de late nites. not enugh nutrients. but u r worse ah. constant weight loss is not very good for u esp when ur bmi is so low liaos. for me it'll be good =p

<font color="dc143c">Munchkin Mozart Magic Cube</font>

as requested by some mummies.. i'll spree this in...anyone wants?

PM me...

<font face="segoe print"><font color="#FF6666">bernice...</font>

Generally... HT baby jars are just hard to find lo.

Jaelle is on her 2nd box of Barley cereal alr.. Its her fav.</font>

<font face="segoe print"><font color="#FF6666">Healthy Times</font>

Here is the order form if any is interested to join in. Just fill in those in RED.
<center><table border=1><tr><td>
attachment_icon.gif

Healthy Times Order Form.xls (31.2 k)</td></tr></table></center>

- The orders u submit are <u>NOT</u> confirmed till we reach a minimum total of SGD$250 worth.
- Once I can confirm the orders, please proceed to transfer. Details will be advised later.
- Collection at my place in Bedok South, Bedok Central(By appt only), Sembawang(By appt only).</font>

<font color="dc143c">Munchkin Mozart Magic Cube</font>

Ordered 3 to take advantage of the current low price.

US$14.30

Free Ground Shipping.

Anyone else wants?
I can ship back together with other items..save base charge.
happy.gif

Let me know..

Limit to 3 each time....

Price dropped from $15+ to $14.80.. now $14.30...
happy.gif

<font face="segoe print"><font color="#FF6666">michelle..</font>

Barley cereal is from HT. Hmm... not too sure abt that.. but Jaelle loves it! </font>

rach

aiyah..already ordered the magic cube from another mummy. i'm interested in the playmat thou. let me know if you bringing in

<font color="0000ff">Paige</font>,
Aiyoh, so unfortunately. Hoep you get well soon. Ya, constantly and unintentionally losing weight is never a good thing. Better go for a checkup. You may still be able to continue to BF, maybe BFing is not the reason why you are losing weight leh. Even if you have to stop BFing, you have done so much and so well for K already. Be positive!

<font color="0000ff">Constipation</font>
Babies with constipation problem - I am sure if this works, but it worth a try. Nestle cereal has 1 gold packaging product - OATS with PRUNE. Prune is well known and proven to relieve constipation, so this may just work. And this tastes very yummy too (my #1 loved this). But I don't remember if it's for older babies for baby at this age. You can get 1 from the supermarket to try out.

OATS WITH PRUNE
i have loads of samples for this!! a frd who works in clinic passed it to me. let me know if anyone wants to try

Paige
oh dear poor u. i also had mastitis back to back thrice when bfding my gal. was so miserable that after i recovered my last round i just decided to call it quits. my gal was 6 mths plus then. u take care ok

paige

gosh! poor you!

do u wanna seek another opinion on whether u need to stop bf? maybe it's not the bf per se.. maybe u just need to eat more / rest more?

potbelly

sam has this irritating habit of loking down too! how to feed when the mouth is pointing down *grr*

michelle

strangely it seems to be gd for me! i'm eating like an obese pig! n i've not really been sick at all

sigh..been coughing badly and had fever today... ss has dropped too..

paige
oh dear, sounds bad... mayb check with ur gynae or LC abt ur case? i think htey should be more exp than a GP

cereals/purees
seems like some babies are taking porridge already... mine is not even taking cereal/puree as 1 meal yet.. wonder if she's eating too little but she dont fuss for more leh.. and i only give her 1 cereal/puree feed a day. Is she taking too little solid food? should i increase?

Paige
Is bfing the reason y u r losing weight? R u eating enough? Maybe u have high metibolic rate and simply need more food. But if really need to stop bfing, dun feel bad cos u have already bf for 6 months. Very good le
happy.gif

rach - oh ic, i so far have been giving her brown rice, so i want to start another new cereal.

potbelly - I havent been to the supermarkets at tanglin, cityhall (out of the way). Because i work at somerset area, i have been searching around cold storage taka, centrepoint, killiney ntuc, vitakids paragon, all don't have ley. I may go try plaza singapura Carrefour tomorrow. Sweet potato food jar is very very hard to find.

Ling - hee, great Jaelle likes barley! hmm, can't wait to buy the barley and try on Arielle. I wonder how it tastes like. I think i would order food jars, so far, how is the response? can hit $250?

jul> erms. good for u lo. it seems like i m olways sick after this pregnancy. immune sys very weak. not sure if it's due to bf or wat.

To all mum who are bfing,

You gals really deserve a big applause. I wanted to breast feed my son previously, but I had loads of problem that time. I have inverted nipples, I tried to pump my breast but the milk flow was very low. My mum was so "Gan Jiong" that time, scared that baby hungry, keep feeding him FM. I had quarrel with my HB because we could not cope especially I had to spend some time pumping my breast for half hour, each 2 hourly. At the end, I just gave up. The bfing lasted only about one week only. So all of you consider very geng for me adi!

Anyway, if I ever had a second baby. I have told myself I want to breast feed! Save loads on the FM leh... Hehe..

Back