(2009/09) September 2009 MTBs

prinzess55,
yah but hor, the cash rider not cheap wor...
anyway, got aviva too, cos it covers kids up to 20 years old foc, if both parents got it too.

Connie,
heard from my planner, it's best not to change shield plans cos if *touchwood* got some illness surfaced during the switching of plans, both companies are not liable to pay for it. So maybe u do ur comparisions and decide on one. Think nowadays shieldplans quite competitive, if 1 company changes its policy, the others will slowly follow suit... ha

it's a relieve to hear that we don't have to sterilise milk bottles after 6 months!
but what about eating utensils..like those bb use for porridge etc?

Dear all,
I have some custom made hair clip to share.
Pls PM me if interested.
happy.gif

Prinzess> yah Aviva used to have one of the better shield plans ard n I got it too
happy.gif
(prudential didn't have shield plans back then)

but ever since then, many companies have upgraded their plans n features.

All the plans frm all the companies are similar to a certain extent, difference in the Amt of claims allowed per category n terms of claims. Need to compare side by side to know where all the differences are.

Some riders also cover pregnancy complications, cash upon discharge, ambulance fee, adult companion subsidy etc..

The good thing abt aviva plan now is that free coverage for kids, the bad thing would be *touchwood* if there's a change of our childs health conditin when they are 20 n need their own individual plans, it will be subject to health conditin n underwriting. Do check if Aviva allows the child to be covered without evidence of good health.

Otherwise, it's actually better to give the child his/her own shield plan frm the start..

Once we get the private company shields, there's no need to opt into medishield as it's auto.

All the shield plans now already cover co-insurance n 10% deductibles..

Coinsurance n deductibles can be taken carenof mostly by the cash rider plans..
happy.gif

snowyin> mine had his first successful flip on xmas eve. erms. after tat only 1more successful attempt. de rest of the time failed. but he try it at least once a day n make a hell lot of noise, drooling all over my bed too.

paige> i nv change

kam> y must change? tot smaller one betteR?

deebee> i will continue sterilising esp for those glass bottles tat i used to store milk in freezer. think those things tat are used to store milk for long period, best to sterilise?

michelle,
re: bb learn to flip
so good, at least urs did the first flip.
mine at most is juz turn the head at a very awkward position and no further.

btw, for mummies who are bfing:
do we still need to abstain from certain foods after 4 mths? have not been eating cabbage, coffee...

michelle,
The pacifiers are made into certain shape/size/hardness according to the child's age, so that it's suitable for them to suck on. They jaw/mouth develops over time also. Improper size of pacifier may affect the growth/development of the jaw/mouth. That's what I read. My #1 weaned off at 4 months. My #2 not keen in pacifier, though she still sucks to sleep during day time only. At home, have not been using the pacifier for 1 month already.

snowyin / deebee,
I am BFing. But I have never gone on any diet leh. I drink 1 coffee a day since I came back to work at 2nd month. I eat cabbage and seafood, and everything else.

<font color="0000ff">snowyin, deebee</font> I eat everything!! including 1 (or sometimes 2) cups of coffee per day...and am totally BFing my baby, so far no problem...

<font color="0000ff">kam</font> ok, i think i better go get a new set...what are the cons of not changing ah? i thought since they sell pacifier for different stages there must be a reason...:p just want mummies here to share what their practises are....since i'm not an experienced mum
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">cereal</font> i saw from previous postings that a few mums bought happy belly cereal...what's the difference btwn that and the ones available here, say, Friso.

<font color="0000ff">kam</font> hahah, just saw your post to Michelle...by the way,do you put the pacifier in the steriliser?

Kam, Paige,
hmm, really put my mind at ease... cos was worried tat my already-low supply will dip if eat cabbage.
bb wun be sleepless if we drink coffee hor? hehe.
hope the supply can tong till at least 6 mths...

hi mommies,

Not easy to switch the pacifier to the next level. My son is now 19 mths but still on pigeon no 2 pacifier. refuse to use the 3rd one.

Kam,
DO ur bb sleep well after u took coffee?

Snowyin> I tot cabbage is wind.. I think nothing to do with supply.. There is some link to what we eat to our milk though..
But it's ultimately up to ur own preference Lo..

So far I've not eaten any brocolli n cabbage cuz heard cause wind..

That time I went Yu Guo the therapist says dun eat fried food will cause baby to be heaty.. N cooling fruits also dun eat..
So it's just moderation la...
happy.gif

~kiki~
My boy loves to watch tv too! Can sit guai guai on our laps to watch tv. Even when burping or feeding him, instead of facing straight, he can turn n look @ the tv!! gosh!
I personally think too much tv for bb is no good esp such young age. If want to see, muz hv a distance bet n not for too long.

~michelle~
Heehee.. the nursing room is not there fr day 1.. Slowly as the yrs go by, requests fr staff, then there r nursing rooms... but we work long hrs. my colleagues told me it will b quite hard to pump milk due to deadlines, meetings etc. Initially v on.. As the days go by, pumping frequency oso decrease n most of them stop after a while. But I am determined to bf as long as I can.

Deebee/snowyin,
For bfing, I dun eat spicy food, other than tat, eat in moderation. I oso limit myself to max 1 cup of tea a day (i dun drink coffee), since preggie days already limit, so follow the same. I dun eat seafood due to c-section wound.

snowyin> of cos not to keep switching insurance companies as the insurers will question too.
happy.gif

Rach> :p never thought of that. better call Aviva and ask, thanks
happy.gif

mummies,
got a question. is it fine to sterlise normal milk bottles and BPA free milk bottles tog? bec i will be leaving my boy at my MIL place when im working. cousin's kids are there too and their milk bottles are not BPA free...

hi all,
back to work..so busy..its been a nightmare
bb not coperative at nite!

anyone noe where i can get backpack for me to pt my fridge to go n breastpump?
i try use shoulder carry but 2 days only...shoulder aching!
but i need wear office wear...so dunno got any backpack dat suits me?
any mummies gt any idea?

i got another prob...these 2 days i haf been pumping at work...my nipples start to feel v sore
is it normal? n im still getting engorgement...even in the day!

hehehe. juz reach hm, threw bb on bed, went out to get my laptop, come in room, viola, he's asleep. =) wat a day =x

snowyin> haha. mine will turn till almost there, but cannot flip cos he din bring his hand over. so far 2 successful attempt n able to bring his hand over. now he sleeps on his side, cos every nite exhausted from learning to flip =p

it's good in a way, can exhaust himself, n sleep better thru =p

i've not really abstrain from any food, but i dun drink coffee all along, n alcohol 2hrs before feed. others, i nv really try to restrict

deebee> i eat seafood n oso sashimi even during feeding, haha, as in i can eat n feed at de same time =p

kam> erms. but i heard from my hubby's cousin tat try not to upgrade to bigger size pacifier leh. anyway my boy use for very short hours only. most of the time he'll be suckling on his hands instead =x

paige> guess it's becos happy bellies are organic? hehe. i oso dunno. usually i c pple buy one. i must put one leg in. =x moreover my boy very interested in food n hubby seems like wanna let bb eat something other than milk -_- so i juz ordered a few to let my boy try

i do put de pacifier in steriliser at times =p

connie> my avent pacifier is 0-6mths one. so haven tried switching yet =p but tat time pple say nuk one good, i buy for him, de shape diff, he seems to get confused. n de nuk one makes a mark on his mouth area, so i stop giving him tat

rach> yum. i simply look fried food. poor boy =x

melissa> erms. seriously my main company is one of the mnc in singapore, supposed to be govt-linked (at least abit), but dey actually penalise staffs like me who go on maternity leave by giving lousy appraisal by saying we din finish our wk n went on leave. prob is 1wk before i go for delivery, i was thrown with 2 modules of a proj to be done. knowingly tat each module will take at least 1mth to complete. n so many pple brought up de nursing room issue, dey still expect us to do so in the toilet. luckily for now, i m attached to another govt linked company which is more pro family. so at least can pump during office hr. cos my mgr from this company oso bf her daughter. so she understands wat i need

i usually only pump once during office hr. morning i go earlier by 30-45mins to pump once. once after lunch, another time after wk, i pump n wait for hubby to pick me up. i oso wanna bf for as long as possible as long as company allows. else i will even resort to pumping during lunch
happy.gif

sharon> try getting samsonite one. looks professional. i use my lapmate laptop bag. more professional, but de bag itself is oredi heavy. haha. now i juz use my lv bag put de pump n motor, den sling de fridge to go

michelle,
then ur lv bag v big wor! okies i go check it out..thanks
want carry juz one bag but so heavy..shoulders cannot tahan

Kam : What is this bk depo all abt?

Connie : I have gotten the healthshield from AIA for my son when he is born. In time to come, will get him life and educational policies.

Kiki : My boy loves to watch tv too, but i try to refrain him from doing so. Was told that infant who watch tv may result in day dreaming later on. Don't know how true.

Snowyin : My boy is 4.5 mths old and only managed to flip twice.

<font color="dc143c"><font size="+2">BABY CUBES ORDERED</font></font>

www.babycubes.com

hi mummies, i've took the step of faith and placed order for 36 trays..
current orders: 22 trays..

So i have 14 trays left..
Anyone keen, please PM me to reserve.

It'll be delivered to my place on Thursday.

Thanks..
happy.gif

<table border=1><tr><td>S/no</TD><TD>Name</TD><TD>Qty </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>printz</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>Shawna</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>Shireen</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>Eunice Boey</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>Linda Suryani</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>June Wee</TD><TD>3 </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>Cutedevil</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>cookiezz</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>Prinzess</TD><TD>3 </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>Kiki</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>rach</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>Melissa</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>Emily</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Michelle,
NUK pacifier was recommend to me by PD. Mouth always got marks as what u say. Then SIL, MIL, BIL all say too small thus got marks.
Think better go shop for other brands. I have a few diff pacifier but not keen to use as not sure where to get those. In future if need to change, must change to the same type else bb will reject.

I thought semi gvt co will promote family life and support BF. I'm in private sector but express twice in the office. Boss didn't say much but I do work at home when I on maternity leave lor. Still fingering how to drop to one pump.

Baby cubes
Read that can put it into microwave to warm but if I didn't recall wrongly, Mrs Wong Boi Boi from TMC said that microware not good for bb.
Is there another ways to preheat?

connie> haha. my boy nv reject leh. give him nuk or avent, he oso take, den when he's done, he will pui it out n fall asleep =p

i guess giving him pacifier is a sign of telling him it's time for bed. sometimes before he even sleep, he'll pui it out liaos. den twist n turn till he fall asleep

Michelle,
Agreed. Use pacifier to associate with sleep.
My son if don want to sleep will put it back into the cover or throw it on the bed. He cannot talk yet. Will have to wean off by this year.
My boy will reject other pacifier if it is not the same. Bite and throw thus afraid that bb will do the same. Need to find those brand that kiddy palace have so that can buy easily.

NUK sell in pairs, so now keep switching between 2. Maybe will use the pigeon one as well. Switch between the 3.hope she not fussy lor. Sould I switch more brands? scare MIL will say I siao.

Anyone using Lansinoh breastmilk storage bag ?
I just received the bag and when I pour 6oz in, it look like only less than 50% of the bag. Can I put more BM inside? how many ml? Anyone can advise?

<font color="0000ff">paige / michelle,</font>
You need to read the instruction for the pacifier you are using. For avent's one, yes, it can be steam sterilised.

Other people can say anything. But we as the mum must find out what's the reason behind it. It's up to your personal choice whether to change or not lor. And also whether your baby is willing to accept new one or not lor.

<font color="0000ff">Snowyin / connie,</font>
Unless you are drinking, say, more than 3 cups of coffee per day. If you are only drinking 1 or 2 cups, your body can clear away all the caffine intake and so will not go to your breastmilk. Same as other stuff, as long as you take in moderation. Our body is a very smart system.

<font color="0000ff">eunice boey,</font>
Bookdepository.com is one of Amazon's competetive online bookshop. It offers free delivery worldwide. Worth to do a price comparison with Amazon if you were to order book from oversea.

<font color="0000ff">Flower4,</font>
Don't know where the nail scar on your baby face??? Haha, easy. He did it to himself!

connie> my boy got 6pacifier, 4avent, 2nuk. so i juz stuff whichever i can find into his mouth when he makes noise =x

think ling store 300ml in one bag. i only store 200ml, now starting to put 240ml in. cos one pump session i get abt tat amt

kam> erms. not all pacifier can be sterilise? shit. is nuk one sterilisable? =x sorry, throw of de packing liaos. not sure if u know can sterilise or not -_-

michelle,
I have never used a nuk product. But my guess is should be ok to sterilise. Next time remember to read label before throwing it away, esp for baby products, better to play safe mah, right :)

Hi Ladies, sorry for interrupting. I am selling away my bumbo chair with tray. My son has out grown it. Retail at 80. Willing to let go at 60. Bought during Xmas. Come in original box. SMS at 98520050 or email [email protected] if you are interested.

~prinzess55~
during my confinement mth, my confinement lady sterilised the non BPA free avent bottle (got 1 free bottle) together w rest of BPA free avent bottles.. I think is ok, dun think it will make a diff.

~michelle~
Wow.. Ur boy has so many pacifiers! I only bought 1.. I dun really like to give pacifiers, luckily he's not v attached oso.

Yday I reached home n latched my bb n for him to zzz he oso... Muz b he's missing my nipples all day, latch until dun want to let go..

Glad to know tat this coy is more pro family n bfing. My sup is preggie, delivering in early apr n my boss has 3 kids, he told me his wife tbf.. So they can u/s which is Gd for me...I haven't done my appraisal yet..

Is fridge to go good to use? Still thinking if want to get as using the medela cooler box now.

~sharon~
I put my pumps n medela cooler box in the medela bag... dunno y so heavy. Ya.. Shoulders aching fr carrying.

sharon,
me too!!! i'm vexed over the problem of finding an "office-looking backpack". i think the ju ju be backpacks are not too bad looking and the bigger ones should be able to contain our FTGs, but i can't decide which is a good size for me yet, as i've also gotta fit in my FTG + avent manual pump/spare avent bottles + driving books + nursing shawl + baby's clothing into the same backpack when i collect him from infant care at the end of the day. there's a spree for ju ju be bags now. best if my backpack can also pack in my toddler's things at the end of the day, but i doubt it lah unless it's a magic doraemon bag.

paige, kam, michelle,
i upgraded my boy to avent 3-6 month pacifier the moment he turned 3 months. now he takes the pacifier only when he needs to go off to slumberland. when he's awake he doesn't want the pacifier at all but sucks his fingers instead.

michelle, eunice and snowyin,
my boy is 3.5 months old. only managed to flip once last week, and i've not seen him flip anymore during the past two weeks.

wow. my boy finally learned to flip. help him 3times juz now. n now he can flip himself for de nxt 2 times. but he gets angry tat he cant turn from tummy back n makes a whole lot of noise. -_-

melissa> haha. cos pacifiers all come in a pack of 2. den i din realise de avent package i got oerdi got a set of pacifier inside. den i went to get another pack from taka bb fair. den tat day we went out, i forget to bring pacifier, so we went to buy nuk pacifier to try, cos someone told me it's good

sandwich> aiyoh my boy hor. even when wanna sleep, he still prefer his fingers. juz tat i dun like, than i stuff pacifier n hold it in his mouth -_-

hehe. my boy flipped 5times today. twice i lift his hand over for him, once i lift his head up for him. den nxt 2 times he flip with juz a turn. guess he learned how to flip liao.

oh no. he flip by himself again juz when i was typing the pervious msg. zzz. now i'll have a busy time helping him flip back after he turns

HI Mummies! Helping my sister to spread the news. There will be a Fun in the Sun Bazaar this weekend Jan 16 - 17, 2010 at East Coast Park Big Splash area. There will be over 70 stalls ranging from baby/ kid items to face painting. There will be new and preloved items for sale. The bazaar starts at 10 am on both days !

Anyone still using a swaddle on baby?
Thought of buying The First Years Easy Swaddle but only one size. Wondering if 4mth old still can fit?
Anyone one bought The First Years one?

woohoo, went for my first driving lesson earlier on. keke. so fun. but not like daytona. abit scary though. sometimes abit blur. haha. esp when i take my mind off de road. ho say liao =x

flipping> omg. now tat my boy have learnt how to flip, he flip even in his sleep. make himself so tired n ended up crying cos he cant flip back. gonna haf a hard time till he learn how to flip back. i wonder if de infant care teacher will be observant enugh to hear him cry, else i dunno how he's gonna flip back at sch -_-"

bernice> now 4mths le u still wanna swaddle? tot shuld let them explore how to toss n turn =p

<font color="dc143c"><font size="+2">Baby Cubes</font></font>

www.babycubes.com

We've hit 25!! 11 more to go.... PM me if u want!
happy.gif

It'll be delivered to my place tmr morning. So I'll be able to post out by Friday once payment is received.
happy.gif

<table border=1><tr><td>S/no</TD><TD>Name</TD><TD>Qty </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>printz</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>Shawna</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>Shireen</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>Eunice Boey</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>Linda Suryani</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>June Wee</TD><TD>3 </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>Cutedevil</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>cookiezz</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>Prinzess</TD><TD>3 </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>Kiki</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>rach</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>Melissa</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>Emily</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>14</TD><TD>Ling-Michelle</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>15</TD><TD>Flora Lim</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

michelle,
wow! *envy*

melissa,
im using fridge to go..its good but heavy
i use freestyle...carry 2 sets of spare parts n fridge to go...shoulder aching too!
cant imagine the weight of PIS!

sandwich,
me too...me vain mummy...hee...i saw the spree but its out of my budget...dunno how long more i can tahan...tired but for the sake of baby

Kam,
no its adults finger nail mark la,,, then got one time, pple carry my bb then they pass to some1 else, lucky i spot it immediately quickly carry back. wait pass pass pass, then no 1 noe who the last person they pass.

Sharon,
i use pigeon fridge to go. wow u got two spare parts for freestyle why ah? how much per set ah? i oso tink of buying it.

Back