(2009/08) August 2009 MTBs

morning
anyone need anything from iherb?
collection at MBC or harbourfront
PM me by lunch time
happy.gif

Hey, jst saw at yahoo news that they pat school house has cases of bacterial infection due to their caterer calls Mum’s kitchen.
Can be serious wor if keeps on lao sai.

Mummies,

anyone has any idea how much is a secretary being paid? I'm now like a 'bao ga liao' woman in my office. I'm thinking of hinting to my boss for a pay rise after my probation.....

zen, i m nt sure hw much the pay. but i think it depend on how big is the company bah.
if u think u worth more, no harm trying to ask for a pay raise. or u can ask him, what must u do to achieve the xx% increment???? tt's wat my fren did. then he keep trying to meet the objectives set by his mgr, then the mgr bo bian give him the $$$ at year end.

Thanks happi.

Ladies,

For childcare leave & annual leave, does the company go by calendar year or when we join the company?

I joined the company end March. So which I've got to utilize my 6 days childcare leave by dec 2011 & my annual leave period should be bet mar 2011- feb 2012 rite?

Zen,

for my co...
both are by calendar year...so eg

if you join in march (both AL and CCL will be pro-rated~as per recommendations from the MOM)...

for my co...all AL will have to utilise by the end of the yr ...

Zen

For my company they pro-rate my AL for last yr since I join in Mid Jul. As for CCL since my previous company had claimed the 3 days fm government they allow me to take another 3 days. But if previous company never claim e 3 days than i will able to take 6 days. Quite a lot of company will Pro-rate 1. So is best to check with HR.

2 year old bash

Venue: McDonald's Queensway (Queensway #01-580 Ridout Tea Garden)
Date: 4Sep (Sun)
Time: 5pm - 6.30pm
Price: $9 per child (including 1 happy meal, gifts, game prizes, a Party Hostess to conduct the party and organise games)
Additional cost: Cake (we have not decided what to get, maybe can only get from Mac) - Will split the cost

Organisers (I dont know what we need to do, maybe just go book the place)
- kikilala
- sharon
- anyone else?

Accountant/Treasurer
- Any takers?

How is the party conducted?
The Party Hostess will usually start off with games for about 30 minutes. Food will be served thereafter, followed by birthday cake-cutting. Finally, presents are given out

Please also add in another line if you are bringing siblings, even for infant but indicate their age next to it. (no need to pay for infant who cant eat the food nor join in the games). Parents can buy mac food on the actual day and pay accordingly. (no outside food)

CONFIRMED:-
1) fatBobo - confirm
2) fatBobo - confirm
3) BBnGG - confirm
4) BBnGG (3yo sibling) -confirm
5) kikilala - confirm
6) sharon toh - confirm
7) joyful - confirm
8) donkeymami - confirm
9) pegsfur - confirm
10) SL - confirm
11) SL (5 yr Sibling) - confirm
12) seeJay - confirm
13) seeJay - confirm
14) jul04 - confirm
15) happi - confirm
16) happi (1 Sibling)- confirm
17) Puroland - confirm
18) joy_cie - confirm
19) joy_cie (1 sibling, 9mths old) - confirm
20) joeey - confirm
21) fluffyboy - confirm
22) piggytoh (1 silbing, 11wk old)- confirm
23) Mich - confirm
24) Precious - confirm
25) Precious - confirm (5yrs old sibling)
26) Dolcevita - Confirm
=================================================

PENDING:-
1) cloudme - not confirm yet
2) cloudme (3yr sibling)- not confirm yet
3) BB
4) jagiebaby
5) babymaking
6) Reira
7) BabyS
8) michele
9) regg
10) sherrie
11) juliet
12) lovemagmag
13) pris
14) serene
15) zen
16) eunice
17) april
18) karen Toh
19) Joia
20) irene
21) meeiee
22) peg17
23) cherrios
24) ML
25) Patricia
26) dolliepollie
27) dolliepollie (7mth old sibling)

NOT ATTENDING:-
1) janice - not able to attend; on confinement
2) el-nino - not attending, on ML
3) sharon teo

2 year old bash

Price: $9 per child (including 1 happy meal, gifts, game prizes, a Party Hostess to conduct the party and organise games)
Additional cost: Cake (we have not decided what to get, maybe can only get from Mac) - Will split the cost

- kikilala
- sharon
- anyone else?

Accountant/Treasurer
- Any takers?

The Party Hostess will usually start off with games for about 30 minutes. Food will be served thereafter, followed by birthday cake-cutting. Finally, presents are given out

Please also add in another line if you are bringing siblings, even for infant but indicate their age next to it. (no need to pay for infant who cant eat the food nor join in the games). Parents can buy mac food on the actual day and pay accordingly. (no outside food)

1) fatBobo - confirm
2) fatBobo - confirm
3) BBnGG - confirm
5) kikilala - confirm
6) sharon toh - confirm
7) joyful - confirm
8) donkeymami - confirm
9) pegsfur - confirm
10) SL - confirm
12) seeJay - confirm
13) seeJay - confirm
14) jul04 - confirm
15) happi - confirm
17) Puroland - confirm
18) joy_cie - confirm
20) joeey - confirm
21) fluffyboy - confirm
23) Mich - confirm
24) Precious - confirm
26) Dolcevita - Confirm
27) dolliepollie - Confirm
28) dolliepollie (7mth old sibling) - Confirm

3) BB
4) jagiebaby
5) babymaking
6) Reira
7) BabyS
8) michele
9) regg
10) sherrie
11) juliet
12) lovemagmag
13) pris
14) serene
15) zen
16) eunice
17) april
18) karen Toh
19) Joia
20) irene
21) meeiee
22) peg17
23) cherrios
24) ML
25) Patricia

3) sharon teo

bobo, my answers

1) do yr kids sleep in aircon? yes. but not everyday. need to see mood. sometime will request.
2) if yes, wat temp u set for the rm? 26degs
3) do they owas wear thick long sleeves n long pants pjs? no. normal pj from gap.
4) do they use blankets? they use only when i on the air con. too shiok to sleep till hardly move. if without aircon SURE KICK AWAY!!
5) if no, do they still wear long sleeves n long pants pjs? yes
6) so they still use blankets? already answered...

Mrng ladies!

Bot my gal watched Barney's show last sat. Long q indeed but the show is nice & i njoyed vy much too kekeke.

kiki, wah the mini washing machine u bot from china super cute le.

Zen
my company annual leave is also pro-rated for people who dont work for a full calender year. Unused AL from this year can be carry forward to the following year.

yah, she went to Shanghai with me last week. She saw the washing machine on sale on TV media and she called to order! haha! then we lag it back lor.
happy.gif

Kiki, what is the capacity of mini washing machine? how much is it retailing?

are you planning to open spree for taobao?

El-nino
I think minimum capacity is 1kg and max 4kg.
Bought for RMB269, so about S$50

haha! you sure you want it? My sisters were so shocked that my mum bought a mini washing machine!

My mum: Can wash a few pcs of clothes, no need to wait for more clothes then use the normal one
My sisters: A few pcs... use hands wash lah!!!

haha!I was so tickled!

kiki:: bahaha~ your mum sounds interesting.. n cool. hehehe. i like. hahaha.

donkey:: i brought the girls last fri.. i still find the short-hand-purple-dino funny. bahaha~

wah lao..i omoz died!!! picked them frm sch abt 3:30pm....marina sq carpark full..so make afew turns n got quite a good lot (heng arh!) grab the girls out..(with helper along)...n ran up 3 flights of escalators (straight to lvl 2) n ran at least 50m..at least! i omoz died halfway with ard 15-16kg load (including my bag)!!! perspiring like dog (or worse) during the show! missed like first 5mins or so i guess! sigh. n aft dat.. rushed to airport to pick my hb! wat a fri aftnn!

no la donkey & mich... i had my helper along that day to help carry the other baby (i mean todd) n ran to the site mah! hahaha.

but challenging part.. both duno cos had banana during lunch or wat.. both woke up early frm nap with poo (soft) in bumbum.. or either they poo n teachers din detact n they slept!!!! (hope not this case!) cos, spent abit of time washing them before we left sch.

actually, i tink they both looked abit blur seeing barney came live in front of them. so during the show, they din really show much interest leh! but over the weekend, they did 'mentioned' n rmbrd we watched barney la. else, really waste my effort n time!

seriously, i nearly died. duno hw many yrs i did not exercise.. n this time.. carried such heavy loads n run some more! my mind was running wild while i ran... wat if suddenly i collapsed......then one of the news headlines will read "mum died trying to bring barney alive!" n oso tinking..wat if i reached juz in time to see barney wave goodbye!?! but.. i juz ran la... im glad i did. :)

oh.. then juz b4 reach airport... M pooed agn! rushed to find chg'g rm clean her before the daddy's flight arrival @ 5:20pm. haha. aft that, quickly find a restaurant to feed n hv dinr. K fussed all the way n din really wana eat... then towards the end then realised she pooed too!! kaoz..duno wat both ate earlier!!!

fatbobo

u r super mummy leh… so tough..
but sometimes I jst wish I had a twin so all at one time like you instead of 1 than get another one. Cos its tiring to go through everything again.

sbb.. not at all lar... like u said..smtimes i do tink dat mummies of singletons r more tougher cos u all go thru it more times mah. for me.. short cut way!

let's juz say ALL mummies (n daddies... gv them abit credits too since their day is approaching..hahaha!) r super la. of cos except those who tried to harm or already caused harm to the kids!!!!

Milk powder :

Mummies who are giving their child Gain IQ.
There is this medical shop in sengkang that is selling this at very cheap price, or rather the cheapest that Ive seen so far...(I will get the address n post here for anyone thats interested)
Its only at $55( the biggest tin )
However the words on the tin are in Malay, seems like its originated from Ireland but distributed in Malaysia.
It should be safe ?
Ive just bought one tin to try and see how is it first.

Btw do u all give ur child the optional hep A jab? And also mmrv 2?
Blur..PD say optional but advisable?!?
I didn't even know got mmrv 2?

mrng all~

sharon:: was juz talking wv hb this mrng..we're so not sure wat vaccine my sam sengs have missed out. tink we missed a pnuemococcal top-up or booster or watever it is. i took MMR (without V) the other time.. not sure but dun recall hv the part 2 vrsn to top-up?

haiyo..guess i better make a call to the PD clinic soon le. -.-

mrng mummies!

Sharon if i'm not wrong this MMR2/MMRV2 if our kiddos not taking now they will give it during P1. So if parents wan to give early (meaning before they enter P1) clinic will issue Vaccination Cert or something to prove the kid has completed all mandatory vaccines fixed by government.

So if ryan took MMR & Chicken pox separately think MMR2 can wait till P1 but he may nit to take chicken pox booster esp he's gng to cc soon.

Mummies pls correct me if my understanding is wrong ok.

Sharon,

I will watsapp you the add tonight when Im home.
Not sure abt the 900g but i think will be cheap too.
Next time I pop by will check out for you.

But my mum advise not to buy Msia de, cos she quote me an eg. like Milo.
Msia de is cheap but not as nice. Aust de is exp but very thick n nice...hahahahahaha

Not sure how it will be so just try and see bah.
Any mummies here have bought milk powder from Msia b4? Is it ok ?

Precious,

Their Gain IQ having promotion, 3 for $180, each is for $60.
The one I get from Sengkang medical hall is at $55 each.
Also manufactured in Ireland but distributed in Malaysia de instead of Spore.

Siew Lian mentioned that Friso is on offer now too. Buy 1.8kg and get 900g free. It's a god deal so I bought to stock up since it seems to help Sophie poo better. She used to be on Mamil gold.

Now I have spare tins of Mamil. Anyone keen to buy from me, can PM me.

Sentosa
Anyone went for the story telling at Sentosa so far? Is it good? Planning go go this weekend and wondering which beach is more ideal for kids. I know there s Siloso beach, Palawan beach and Tanjong Beach.

2 year old bash

- kikilala
- sharon
- anyone else?

Accountant/Treasurer
- Any takers?

1) fatBobo - confirm
2) fatBobo - confirm
3) BBnGG - confirm
5) kikilala - confirm
6) sharon toh - confirm
7) joyful - confirm
8) donkeymami - confirm
9) pegsfur - confirm
10) SL - confirm
12) seeJay - confirm
13) seeJay - confirm
14) jul04 - confirm
15) happi - confirm
17) Puroland - confirm
18) joy_cie - confirm
20) joeey - confirm
21) fluffyboy - confirm
23) Mich - confirm
24) Precious - confirm
26) Dolcevita - Confirm
29) Joia-confirm

3) BB
4) jagiebaby
5) babymaking
6) Reira
7) BabyS
8) michele
9) regg
10) sherrie
11) juliet
12) lovemagmag
13) pris
14) serene
15) zen
16) eunice
17) april
18) karen Toh
19) irene
20) meeiee
22) peg17
21) cherrios
22) ML
23) Patricia

3) sharon teo

Did someone mention that max capacity for kids is 30? If so, there's only one more slot left!

Joyful,

oh really ?
So it should be quite safe to let them consume milk powder from Msia ?
That will help me save quite abit..hahaha

bobo

U really super and funny leh.... Sure v tired after bringing them around.

Joia

Yeah Friso really v gd deal.... Cos normal price is already $54 and now there is 1 free 900g.

For the story telling at Sentosa, there is 3 timing. Last sun we went thought is till 7pm. But than the last one is at 5pm. So we missed it as we reach there ard 6pm. I prefer Siloso beach... But more crowded.

Dolcevita

Quite a few of my frd actually brought the milk powder for their kids for malaysia... So far okie... But i still prefer to buy fm SG cos Friso in malaysia is Frisolac so scare the ingredient is different and my gal is v particular on the taste.

dolce,

denson has finished 20kg of milk powder fr malaysia ler..

MIL went to malaysia today.. asking her to lug back as much as she can.. happen to have promo everytime we stock up there.. duno if today got any promo ornot.. the shelves always dun hav much left..
sad.gif

hmmmm~ im still not comfy abt buying milk powder frm msia. hehe... else i would hv bn able to save abit too. but ya.. hb n i not comfy.

joyful

When have promo is liked that one. When they have promo for diaper alway sold off one... The ppl there grab quite fast...

Jeni,

i duno if its Rivervale Plaza, cos im always confuse between that and the one with Daiso..haha
Add is Blk 188 Rivervale Drive #01-28

Ive also not tried Msia milk powder b4.
Let me try this one and see how is it in terms of taste etc....

2 year old bash

- kikilala
- sharon
- anyone else?

Accountant/Treasurer
- Any takers?

1) fatBobo - confirm
2) fatBobo - confirm
3) BBnGG - confirm
5) kikilala - confirm
6) sharon toh - confirm
7) joyful - confirm
8) donkeymami - confirm
9) pegsfur - confirm
10) SL - confirm
12) seeJay - confirm
13) seeJay - confirm
14) jul04 - confirm
15) happi - confirm
17) Puroland - confirm
18) joy_cie - confirm
20) joeey - confirm
21) fluffyboy - confirm
23) Mich - confirm
24) Precious - confirm
26) Dolcevita - Confirm
29) Joia-confirm
30) eboey - confirm

3) BB
4) jagiebaby
5) babymaking