(2009/08) August 2009 MTBs

No mood to work leh. alamak. haha.. but cannot.
helping my 2 colleagues to cover their job but well still okie.
happy.gif
hope for tomorrow to cme haha..

=================

BB Milk

i didn know must wake bb up for drinking milk else jaundice will worsen. but i think if first few day born every 2-3hrs will drink milk one. if didn drink milk i think we also scared right??
 


Yes, gotta wake bb up to drink. Jaundiced bb tend to sleep even more.

Who went isetan yesterday? I was there. :p so crowded. bought lots of stuff and my cny clothes.
happy.gif
think already spent my hb's bonus just within the last few weeks.
 
Baby jaundice
My girl has mild jaundice when she was 3 days old. We rented the machine to let her sleep on it and every morning my confinement lady will push the whole bed to the window to get the sun shine. The doctor said the machine will make the baby very dehydrated so need lots of milk and water so she drinks a lot of water.
 
mashy, i was there yesterday so crowded i wan to get L size pigeon wide neck teats alr sold out when i was there ard 11am.

Now is a gd time for shopping many sales, wait CNY no sales le.
 
mashy

wa mashy, so good u can spend his bonus ah? haha..he will buy for me sometimes only nia. haha...

===================

BB
Mild jaundice i think don need machine? my son that time have jaundice abt 13 like that. the doc said if higher mark 1 more pt than have to send him for the photolight. but i said don need. Don kw leh. i heard the photolight not good for bb health.

========================

IS TML going to be crowded at Orchard?
 
Donkeymani

is there even L size pigeon teats? I've never seen it. I also bought new teats but Y coz didn't see any L.

Sbb
I'm sahm. of course can spend his bonus. His money is my money. :p
i'm having my own bonus from him too. Going to get LASIK in 2 weeks time.
happy.gif
 
<font color="ff6000"><font size="+2">Happy New Year!</font></font>

mashy, babymaking

Yes, there are L teats for Pigeon wide neck. L is faster than Y. I've been punching the teats with the farlin puncher to make the holes bigger than L for many months already though. Coz L is too slow for Sam.
 
goood mrng all... wah last day of the yr liao! (abit scary..but glad too!)

im so sleepy.. i ta a giant mug of tea liao..still yawning all the way!
 
celine:: hahaha.. dun use the words 'getting older' on your boys la...... freaks me out, cos we're even even even OLDER le! bahahaha~ let's use 'bigger', 'grown up'... LOL~

*wink wink*
 
haha sorry because I keep thinking I am getting OLDER so naturally use this on my boys too since we grow together LOL
 
happy new year to all

and happy birthdays to all that is celebrating their birth this coming Jan...
including myself haha!!
 
Sbb, my girl mild jaundice was at the high side. Cant remember the reading. My PD said either put her in hospital or rent the machine. I didnt want to disrupt the breast feeding n the bonding so I chose to rent the machine lor.

Happy New Year to all. I'm having mc for the whole week. Boring.
 
Mashy, yeah got L size. Y is leak proof but that means got to use more efforts to suck. Shayna used it from 3 months to 6 months then we switched. Cos on Y it took her 1hr to finish milk. After changing to L, from 5 to 10 mins.. Haha.
 
MASHY

Can buy Farlin brand teat puncher from kiddy palace. Saved me from buying lots of teats coz i can just punch holes in the S teats that aws come with the feeding bottles.

BABYS

Sam nvr used Y teats. He used narrow neck S M L tearsvfor BM. Then when i switched to FM, i just used the farlin puncher to poke XL holes in the wide neck teats. Took him some time to get used to wide neck actually.
 
Mashy, i tried poking holes. Doesnt work. Its sort of like the way the silicon is formed. No matter how many holes u poke its still 'leak proof'. Very hard to suck (i know. I tried sucking it myself. Haha! Rrally quite hard). Then i wasnt comfortable with poking a bigger hole cos u wouldnt know if any silicon would break off and get ingested by baby cos we sort of cut the silicon. Even hole punchers may not prevent small pieces of silicon from dropping off. U cant tell.
 
Sharon, I also dont know good news or not. Cross my fingers till he/she is out healthy. I'm having bleeding. Seen 2 gynaes n next Monday seeing 3rd gynae. Guess my miscarriage still haunt me. I still cant see the ultrasound scan, must wait till doctor tell me everything is ok then I see. This time so different. Nausea from the beginning...
 
morning ladies
happy.gif


HAPPY NEW YEAR !!

BB,
i had bleeding for this preg also... on n off for wks n after 8wks the bleeding jus stop by itself nothing much gynae can do except givin u progesteron jab n pill cosmy gynae say they can only help to boost ur preg but if the bb is not healthy nothing they can do also.. so dun worry so much k..
 
piggytoh, my first one also I bleed in the first 3 months. Every week took twice the jab and ate medicines. This one bleed earlier and worst is, flesh blood like coming period. So I more stress up. My hb so cool, "dont worry take it easy, we still hv Lindy, ..." He is not as nervous as the first one. Me more nervous cos it's flesh blood n much more. I know hv to let the blood flow out naturally but if the blood clot too big n too close to the embryo, the embryo will also flow out together, so I very slow motion now. N didnt carry Lindy for 1 week now. It's the beginning of all worries again. Hiyo.
 
Bb

I bled through my 2 preg too. My first one lasted longer. Second one also had fresh blood. Also Kenna jabbed and take progesterone. But 2nd one not so worried anymore. Just take it easy.
 
BB,
No worries ok, baby can feel your emotions. Go with an open mind, have positive thoughts. I know it might be easy for me to say that to you, but really, positive thoughts makes each day passes really fast and baby will grow stronger as well.

Mummies,
May i know how you bring your breastmilk out for babies to feed? I am pumping the milk out now and simply thinking how i can feed the baby when i go out. Can i warm the milk first and keep it in a thermal bag? Or what is suggested?
 
Hi mashy, BabyS &amp; joycec,
Thanks. I will try to think positive. My hb has 4 brothers but we only hv one niece 12yr old. Lindy brings a lot of happiness to the family. I hope I can add one more member to make it double happiness. Our niece is so happy when we have Lindy. She has been lonely for 11 yrs. Jia you jia you.
 
Joycec, not advisable to travel along with warm/ room temp milk. At that temperature, higher chance for bacteria to breed.

My friends bring a thermal bag witg the frozen milk (with at least one thawed or thawing), hot water flask and a seperate cup to pour hotwater to heat up milk.
 
BB,
mine also fresh blood n fill up half my pantyliner..gt once i even got cramp i thot gone liao jus go KKH emerg clinic to double check the gynae there say threaten m/c... i thot mostly cmi but u see now i almost 3rd trim liao but like mashy i take more easily for #2.. cos after goin thru once i know being panic also wun help jus try to bed rest more n eat the progesterone pill.. be +ve have more rest
happy.gif
 
Hi BB,
How many weeks are you? Can understand how u feel..stay positive oki? I also went thru tat in 1st pregnancy and jus passed my first trimester with spotting.
It helps to keep talkin to baby and focus on wat you can control-go out and do something u enjoy to take ur mind off things ok?
 
Morning mummies..

Saw something early this morning that irked me off. Saw a young malay mother carrying her abt 4 to 5 month old baby in a carrier facing her.. And the mother was smoking and not even bothering to turn her face away to blow away the smoke! Sickening! Dont care abt ur life nvm lah, dun drag ur child down with u!

Then as i got closer i notice that she had alot of wrinkles leh. Most prob pre mature aging cos of smoking..
 
morning ladies..

BabyS,
ya i know wat u mean my friend even smoke durin preg.. i see liao also shake head...

Re:potty trainin
i tried to put Kyler on potty but he dun 1 to sit leh.. any1 can advice how u train huh headache leh..
 
yeah lor.. really shake head..

re potty training: for us we just let shayna sit on the potty and give her magmag. hahah.. other wise, my mum makes it a point to make her sit on potty to pee after a nap, then sit on potty when she wants to poo and she's ok with sitting..

what kind of potty are u using? I find the traditional rounded kind, easier to sit.. the new kind (with the protrusion around the rim)_ harder to sit..
 
BabyS,
the moment we try to put him down he try to struggle.. the prob is day time my MIL dun train so i only do it on wkend so not easy.. my MIl they only try once n he knock his head from stugglin they now dun dare to try liao n they usin those round 1..
 
Morning all!
Happy New Year!
happy.gif


Piggytoh,
Ryan also refuses to sit...he treats the potty like a toy!
Put his balls n toys inside!
My frend ask me let him sit on toilet bowl straight
Need buy the cover to put on our toilet bowl
 
Morning everyone,

I need some advises here. I'm bringing my boy to bangkok...just wondering...does airplane has changing table in the toilet? I dun remember seeing it.

Thanks
 
berry, i went on SQ recently... got. (on the wall behind the toilet seat)

but its a very tight space.. after changing my girl there once, rest of the diaper changes we change at our seats (cos we have bassinet seat, more space and its non poo poo diaper change).. so much easier to change there.
 
Good morning!

BB

Think good thoughts ok? I had a m/c, then had spotting again with Sam. I also thought gone case again. But here's Sam! Think positive, rest &amp; rest &amp; rest! Don't walk anywhere except to the toilet. Will keep you in prayer.

joycec

Aiyah u shd ask me. I'm the expert at bringing out EBM/FBM. Did that for 1 yr! Do not warm the milk unless u're gonna feed in 1h max. Better to bring out cold milk in an insulated bag. If you're going out for longer hours, it's better to add an additional cold pack into the bag to keep the milk cold for longer.

When you wanna feed, get hot water to warm. Theoretically, the water shd be 40degC, but it's hard to get a never-ending supply of hot water to keep changing the water. So I just use hotter water to warm the milk.
 
good morning.. time flies and passed so quickly. so scary to thought that 2011 is here. i was just thinking about years in the future.. at what age and year i'll leave the world.. hhaha..
think a lot when i was traveling to work. ahhah...

who went for the ntuc shot? was it fun? i spent my new year at a friend's wedding dinner. what about you guys? traffic was bad...

talking about potty training.. i pass
happy.gif

after training for months, my gal is now on fully potty. no more wearing pampers at home unless she goes to bed. she can already tell me when she wants to pee or poo.
so i save pampers if i m at home. she also helps me to put back her potty after i wash it. heee.. naughty mummy hor. i thought since she can carry and she is eager to help, so let her carry her own potty.gee

changing pampers in airplane
change on a seat?

i'll be heading to australia next 2 weeks. will be there for 2 weeks. anyone has been there with baby? i got a question sitting on my head. sdyney is 3 hours ahead of singapre. so i m there in sdyney, do i have to follow the timing there. assuming my gal zzzz at 9pm. sdyney's time is 1 am. so, to let my gal zzz at 1am?? hahhaa... 'san nao jin' :'(
 
Piggytoh,
Maybe he is not ready?
Actually I haven't even tried...since he dun want sit on potty, we gave up, my mum says he is not ready...I was hoping he will b self trained when he goes CC..hope peer pressure will work better

Berry79,
Maybe u can consider using pull ups, dun need changing station
Nowadays I use pull ups when outside, v convenient
Can change anywhere
happy.gif
 
yeah pull ups are a good idea. i bought a small pkt of mamy poko for my HK trip cos no baby changing rooms in HK..

I loved the pull up pants so much i had to fight the temptation to buy more when back in SG... save money leh..
 



Back
Top