(2009/08) August 2009 MTBs

Great!
happy.gif

i go shower now. me not bringin baby along. pris, i try to catch u. i'll bring along my sling then u can teach me how to use it. but i can't stay long. gotta rush home to express then i've something on at 5pm. so i gotta go bk around 3 or 3.30pm.

Reira,

my glass bottles can hold anywhere from 100ml to 120ml of EBM (they come in all sizes.) but if your freezer is short on space, then not a good idea.
ade

hi all,

thanks for all the fitti comments. Will decide to purchase Fitti premium anyway.

Mrs Ng,

The promo for Fitti is $10/ pack if u order 1 carton (6 packs). Promo ending end Oct.

hello mummies!! I miss all of u!

hahaha..

i think the last time i could log in was the day my daughter was born... now finally more settled, can log in liao.. hahaa..

i see quite a few new nicks too...

Hi All,
I been following the thread few days ago.
happy.gif

Am a mother of 2, one 2 years old and the other 6 weeks old.

Need some help and advise...I am considering buying a MIM sling but am worry it will be difficult to use.

Hi Pris,
known from the thread, u are an expert using the sling.. me also staying the west.. is it possible u can teach me?
happy.gif

lily,
its quite common that tbf babies dont poo every day. Just be prepared that on the poo days, it will be A LOT of poo! oh yes, use a changing mat.

On one of my bb poo days, there's so much poo that it totally cover the whole diaper from front to back. When I open the diaper, I got a shocked, then close it back and ask my mum for help cos I dont know where to start cleaning! BTW, fitti basic is quite good also and there's no leak.

Sharon
yah, the sling can be quite hot. My bb will also sweat if there's no air-con.

I'm still quite new in using the sling but it is really useful and my bb like it a lot especially in shopping centres where the air-con is cold, he can just sleep for 3-4 hrs. I've tried to bf using the sling too, watching the clips on youtube are really helpful.

I'm tbf now but when I go out, I will still carry 1 bottle with 120 ml water inside and a small container of 4 spoons of FM. Just in case I really cannot BF, then use the emergency pack. If not then bb can also drink the plain water. So far only use the e-pack once.
happy.gif

kikilala,
i haf trying to use at home but cant master it...
bb looks v squashed up n uncomfortable inside..is it suppose to b tis way?
tink i need make a trip to MIM to ask them teach me n get some nursing tops at the same time

Sharon, my Jayla also a high need baby. I need to carry her and stand or walk around most of the time. In fact, I sling her and hang clothes just the other nite.
I can only put her down when she is sound asleep. If put down too early, she will scream and cry very loud!

Re : Fitti Premium
I like it. Its not those plastic sticker kind. In fact I have ordered 2 cartons already and thats like 12 packs of diaper. Can mix 2 sizes and use it for later. The latest carton I mix size S and M....3 each.

Sharon, I try to go shopping malls with nursing room. Or else, I will feed in the car 1st. There's 2 times I feed outside in public...in restaurant when there aren't many people so I just use the MIM sling to cover.

lily, once my girl who was on BM didn't poo for 11 days. I almost sent her to the PD, but she pooed just in time on day 12. I asked the PD later on and he said its ok for breastfed babies to not poo for 12 days. The record he has seen as a doctor is 14 days no poo.

kikilala,

my baby also poo like yours. Can cover the front and back dunno how to clean. My DH will use bathe baby using the shower rose. haha..

too dirty to clean up he says.

re: nursing when outside
i used nursing cover or go to nursing room... but sometimes when ethan is full he struggles and the bm leaks out and wets my clothes.. same as kikilala i also bring FM jus in case in convenient to bf..

re: sling
i have a bit of issue using it as well.. the bb seems so uncomfortable in it.. but he seems to be slpin well..

Hi Mummies,

My bb just wont slp in e night from 2am - 7am...day time she'll slp after feeding...how can i make her slp in e night??

re slings: i gave up my MIM sarong, too much cloth to adjust, bb dont look comfy.. i went to buy the pupsik sling.. so much better. Just pop baby inside and adjust.. and becos i dont need to worry about it loosening itself i sometimes can let go and no need to fear baby slipping..

re diapers: I used the pampers new baby that day (sample)... for a S size diaper, its huge.. my baby is quite big.. compared to her usual dryper and pet pet, the pampers brand one was huge. And very thin, so couldnt hold much urine..

mere mum: my daughter sleeps from 11pm to about at least 6am.. in the day time we engage her more. Talk more, touch more, tummy time etc.. at night we make sure its dark, she's full, we turn on the air con for one hour to cool room down too..

during ur baby's feed, maybe u can talk to her too? after feed, talk to her or turn on tv?

Shirley & BabyS

tried talking to her n 'play' with her in e afternoon...she simply ignore n go to slp... = ( even if its so noisy...she'll still proceed to her lalaland...

am a panda now... = S

Sharon,
I went to MIM warehouse 2 weeks ago to get the pouch. I like it too as there's no need to fuss with the tail. They are selling one of the sateen sling for $15 (original price $48) as the colour will run abit when you wash it. If you dont mind the colour run, it is very worth it!

Hi kikila,
Thank you for the contacts..aiya too bad the spree is closed. Wonder where in Spore can i get the parts and is it alot more ex?

Hi Baby S,
Wow ur baby is the dream baby! Can sleep thru the nite! I m praying hard my boy will do the same very soon,usually he fussed between 3-4am.

PJPJ: yes leh, thank GOd... she is very easy to care for.

She will sleep at 11pm after last feed (and its her usual volume). Sleep till 6am the earliest. THen in day time after feeds she will either go back to sleep or stay awake on her bouncer or bed and coo and squeal at her toys..

Only time she is fussy is if i dont change her diaper b4 each feed.. THat she is super fussy. each diaper no more than 3hours, even if it doesnt feel wet to me. haha..

babyS,
ur gal sound like mine during the day. but my gal after her last feed at 11pm, she will wake up at 3-4am and the morning feed is 7am. u are fortunate she sleep thr the nite.

she fussy when i too slow in heating up her ebm.

BabyS & Peg

Envy envy....how can my gal behave like yours???haiz...every night...sleepless...day im also awake looking after her...physically n mentally will surrender soon... = (

Wow Peg,
Ur gal is also nice to u..at least u only need to wake up once.My boys will wake up at 1am,3am,5am n then 7/8am.The special "fuss party" is at 3am.No joke.

Peg & BabyS,
How many weeks are ur little princesses? And at which week do they start behaving so sweetly?

irene,
i cant master the sling yet so dun dare go out...hehee
good to hear fitti diapers r good....i juz ordered

kikilala,
shall make a trip to their warehouse to see...thanks

re: sleep
i realise my bb sleeps too little..he is always wide awake in the daytime...tink whole day he only sleeps ard 10-12hrs...he is only 4 weeks old...any cause for alarm?

sharon,

I just took out a hand-me-down sling and tried it on Ovann just now, following the instruction vcd. But like baby s, i find that ovann is being 'squashed' inside the sling although he looks comfy inside. But i have yet to master how to put him in or take him out alone. My mum was helping me just now. Guess i need more practice.

re-feed bb
Sometimes Ovann can't finish his milk and there's still a remaining 40ml. I'll put it aside and let him drink say, 15min or 1/2hr later. Is it ok ah?

feeding amt
Ovann is feeding between 120ml-150ml and he's only coming to 5wks old. These 2 days i find that 150ml sometimes is not enough for him le. My mum said its time to up the quantity but i'm concerned if i'm feeding him too much cos I dun see any of u here feeding more than 150ml.

Ladies, my milk supply is still as pathetic ... i'm thinking of saying bye-bye to pumping le. Everyday, I can only pump out 30-50ml of milk and it seems that i'm supplementing my breast milk to his FM rather than the other way round. I wonder if giving him some breast milk is better than no breast milk at all? Or is it not worth it since the amt is so little? Cos if it's better than nothing, den maybe i'll still continue to pump dat miserly 30-50ml.

pinkmama
Are u going to stop your milk supply naturally by not pumping or wld u be getting the med from doc to stop the flow?

Pegsfur : My case like yr milk supply become low after one mth end up I dun pump only let him latch 1-3time a day to clear the milk but after BF I also need to make FM for my boy as not eunogh for him .

End up slowly due to tiredness and I nvr eat much the milk supply stop and THE END for my BF history ..... Before you give up think 1st as No going back as I still miss the feeling of the baby sucking my breast is so sweet when I remember he looking at me while he sucking heehee

Fitti Premium :

Where to buy this diapers ? and how much ?

MIM Sling :

I feel my boy neck/head like very uncomfortable maybe I will wait until he can support his head then I use it .

Flu , cough and plghem :

So sad my boy sick ,ytd bring him go PD the doc use a machine to suck the plghem out .I see my boy so "xin Ku" until I want to cry .If he know how to "drop" out the plghem good lor .He sleep keep coughing and end up cry as the plghem cant come out or in his throat .

Hi Pegsfur,
Can understand how you feel..can feel quite discouraged at times.. How often do u pump?Every 3hrs?Did u try taking any food tat helps?30-50ml is per pump or total in a day? I started with tat amt too
happy.gif
hang in there.
Some stories of other women who went thru challenging breastfeeding journey..I was encouraged when i read it..hope u will too
happy.gif

http://www.breastfeeding.org.sg/info-corner/2.html

mere mum
Zachary also zzz when I bring him out. Totally have no idea how to wake him up. When I bring him up, I expect him to look around but he just go to lala land until he is really hungry.

PJPJ
you are getting parts for PISA or freestyle? I got freestyle spare parts 2 pairs from ebay sg. The price is even cheaper than spree cos the shipping is not cheap.

btw, i just notice your info is not updated leh. want me to update?

Donkeymami,
my GP charge $268(exclude GST) for the 6 in 1. my GP told me we can take it either 1.5mth, 3nth, 5mth or 2mth,4mth, 6mth. which ever schedule we chose must stick to it. cos i wan to do growth assessment so bobian go earlier lor..

Bean,
i was told most PD only use the machine to suck out the phelgm unless it v v serious cos the suckin is v hurtful to the throat wor..

bean,
Exactly .... i also love the feeling of baby sucking my breast, and especially so when he is feeling cranky but the minute he's on my breast, he feels comforted & fall asleep!

pj,
I only pump 2 or 3 times a day cos i dun have time to do it. 30-50ml is total per day. Pathetic rite?
If Ovann is cranky, i hardly have time to pump even once. Now that my confinement is over, i dun have soup to drink cos i dun cook, and i dun have the time to cook. I can't latch cos my supply is so little it makes Ovann even more cranky & wails at the top of his voice. Which is why now i'm thinking if i shld continue
sad.gif

Piggy : YA lor I see the PD use the machine ,and call me hold my boy head , my heart is sooo pain as he keep crying up and down like very painful .Problem is if dun remove the phelgm he will be more "xin ku" I praying everyday let my baby recover fast and let me sick .Now I also down wif fever OMG...

Bean,
my boy last few wk also kena cold n phlegm n cant breath well i bring him to PD the PD say it not v serious can no need the machine wor.. n indeed he is better now accordin to the GP i bott him for the jab she told me it v norm tt bb got block nose n phlegm dun have to worry 1..

Bean,
no din jab the jab is for 6 in 1 the PD i bott him to jus took medi.. took abt a wk.. till now his nose still a bit block but much better le..heng my GP gave me lots of advice n tips now i feel more assure..

Hi Mich
Could you send me the Fitti premium form? TIA! may want to try them since comments have been positive from most mummies. any one staying in Toa Payoh or Ang Mo Kio wants to share, let me know!

Reira
Saw Dr Wong today and she was so gentle with the pap smear test that i suffered only the slightest discomfort! was quite apprehensive cos i did once before and it was damn painful lor. but Dr Wong is really good! will definitely go back to her for future pap smear tests. btw, she say the vitamins can just buy as per normal..cos anyway amount absorbed by baby throught breast milk is small..

ktmum
thanks for asking Dr Wong about the supplement! but i heard need to buy mercury free de leh. aiyo donno which one is free of mercury *headache*.

ioroios
yah i dont live in JW le. move to bukit panjang.

Bean,
btw cos i try not to gave my bb medi so my mum bott me a chinese medi in powder form meant for cold, phlegm etc for bb 1 call "Ho Chou san" the brand is "Fu Tian" u may wan to try..

Pegsfur,bean
I already stop latching because bb gets very upset with my slow and little flow. But I feel guilty about giving up so I continue with my misery pump of 3 times a day. No matter how hard I try, it's still abt 30ml to 50ml per pump. I don't even feel any engorgement. Guess I will say bye bye to pumping pretty soon as well

Mummies.

Do u all hand wash or machine wash bb's clothes? I' ve been hand washing all these while everyday. Wonder how long I can last with hand washing.

Back