(2009/08) August 2009 MTBs

sharon
hihi im oso wan share fitti & is oso stayin in yishun. previously was on fitti basic donno if is same s fitti premium.

Regg
hey hey ignore pil they always think they gif birth b4 veri clever everything oso know.

my baby got colic & was overfed by my cl durin confinement even admited to hospital. wanna share wif u wat i do.i bring him 4 a ride(i got no car so i take bus)not bad he is able to slp & wake up less.
i oso jux learn something i bought him 4 a swim at hwa xia which can b found at PS & habourfront in the tub he tend to fart alot aft tat they gif him a massage & haf been slpin frm afternon aft e session onli woke up 3 time for her milk now slpin away.s they use quite alot of energy to swim tats y v tired(explain by the person ther) their massage is gd my baby veri relax & i get to learn too
try apply ru yi oil on back & sole too. apply anti clock wise direction on the stomach.
half way drinkin milk burp the baby den continue.hope these ways can help.& U muz take care ok.durin those day when my baby was cryin non stop i got veri stress up.

sweetmama
hihi. mine was not seen by any doc. mayb u can call up the poly to check they mayb got record cos i saw them wrote sometin down & key in2 com.

harlo..anybody knw why breast is sore ah? i got sore breast oli left side..not whole breast oli half of it..is it infection ah? cos really quite painful
sad.gif

Reira, prob mine is early stage cos i oli got the sore breast over the lumps..then i try to massage & do hot compress then pump nw feel much better alr. btw,thanks for your link it's really informative.

Finally can log in today ... Sunday just finished Ovann's full month celebration ... all i can say is ... i so wanna sterilize Ovann after the celebration is over!

And btw, today is the 1st day i'm alone at home with coalie & Ovann with no help. Hope i survive thru ....
sad.gif

pinkmama,
My supply diminishing too ....
sad.gif

Hi Pegsfur, my Karis's full mth will be this coming weekend, Next Monday, I will alone with her & my elder daughter... Pray hard for both of us.

Sharon, Sandy
I am staying near SSC, very near yishun also. we can share the fitti if u mummies dont mind.

sandy
those method u mentioned, i have been doing that daily :
my bb sleep alot in e day except milk time, i norm shower him and apply ruyi oil on his tum n massage anti clock wise and his feet too. then apply a bit of J&J cream on his crest and massage him abit, he seems like it. i also try to apply ruyi oil n massage him every time i change his diaper.. or at least 5 times aday? n evening towel clean him i do e same again... he is very gd boy in e day,but by evening, fart also cry!
last nite i am stress again, 8pm+ he start nggg abit,after that ok, 930pm start crying, i was carrying him all e way till almost 1am!keep farting n crying! we have try the hair dryer, it doesnt work for him cos his cry is louder then the hair dryer
sad.gif
...mil, hb n i 3 person try to conford him.. he finally settle down by 1am, then 3am,5.45am woke up for milk. after a long talk to mil by hb, now she seems can accept e term 'colic'not bcos i starve bb thats y got wind, last nite 12+ she bring bb to her room, at least hb n i get a gd nite sleep altho we still kan cheong wake up to help prepare milk when heard bb cry!

pegsfur, shizuka
jiayou ya... i can handle, u 2 also can :D

RE:Changing diaper
how often u mummies change bb diaper??
i changed everytime after feed(3 hourly), last 2 days i try to wait for another feed then change(6 hourly) ops, it leak from e side... hehe

donkeymami
yah the link my hubby found de cos i was having high fever that time so he went to research if it is due to engorgement.

sharon
i got mine from Giant (vivo) for $19.95 only. But that was like 3 years ago haha. till now still working well.

shizuka
ur mil not gonna look after ur elder daughter for u??

Regg
I change Zachary's diaper only if he poo a lot or when his diaper is full of pee (can see that his diaper very heavy). everyday use about 7 - 12.

sandy/regg,
wat sizes do u wan?
can only order mix 2 sizes..3 each
mebby we can take 2 packets each?
happy.gif

pris,
i also dunno wats the difference between the diff fitti diapers

pegsfur/shizuka_gal
jiayou!!
happy.gif

sharon
as long as your bb is giving about 6 wet diapers, it should be ok. if you are tbf, then older bb might not poo daily.

make sure you are eating a higher protein diet.
Initially when I pump out and let the milk stand, the layer of whitish "oil" at the top is very thin. now I started on fish oil caps again, eating 2 egg whites daily and lots of fish. The whitish "oil" layer is much thicker.

regg
my bb gain weight quite fast too. I'm still feeding on demand, basicaly every 1.5 - 2 hours, he will suckle for 15-20 mins then KO. He usually dont vomit milk, so I thought he should not be over-fed. i only latch and dont bottle-feed, so I dont know how much he drinks. (if i pumped i can get only 100-120 ml total from both sides) He gained 2.7kg at almost 2 mths old.

kikilala,
thanks...i tink i will start eating fish oil too...still got leftover fr preggie stage...shld b able to take dat rite?
ur bb gain weight fast *envy*
initially did ur boy gain weight fast? my boy coming to 4 weeks

pink
ya, finally tis maid is better then e previous one, still slow.. so she mainly do housewrk now n i slowly get her involved with bb e.g prepare milk, shower bb mon-fri, sat-sun i will shower for bb, pink dont give up, i also get 60ml tis am only, and the following pump only get 40ml..total only get 160ml yest leh.. i am pumping now..

sharon
i am fine with it..my bb already out grow NB size, i chk n revert to u ya, mayb 2 pack S or 1S 1 M.

kiki
my boy just turn 7 weeks yesterday n he gain 2.4kg already. tis evening we r going back to the PD for review.

Regg
now I getting between 30 to 60 ml per pump only.

U supplementing with FM?

Who is going to help u with bb when u return to work?

sharon
I'm eating the same fish oil from preggie. i'm taking the calcium pills too
as long as ur bb put on 1kg, its good already. too pui also no good.

regg
My PD asked me to take note if bb will cry more during or after feeds. It could be due to heartburn.
I realised my bb's colic will be worse on the days that he dont poo.

sigh... this morning when i did my usual pumping, i was really shocked to see blood pumping out from my nipple. :'(

so stress and worrying until i can feel that my milk supply doesn't comes in. cry.

pink
oh, then u get to pump more then me leh!
me yest last pump was 10pm =40ml,
tis morning i only get to pump :
730am-60ml
2pm-50ml

kiki
i did note down bb feeding/sleeping/poo etc daily, so far i just chk, he poo or dint poo also colic at certain timing (7-8pm and or 10-1am)! last nite was 11pm+ till 12 plus, see e way he cry i almost wanna cry also..
sad.gif

Hi gals,

I posted earlier asking for advice as my gal has been waking up very frequently (1/2 hourly or less in the day time; 1-2 hours in the night). She has also been crying during her feeds.

Turns out that she is having silent reflux, aka heartburn. Reflux is sometimes being confused with colic. Reflux symptoms usually appears in the 2nd/3rd week, unlike colic that appears sometime during the 6th/7th week. Main difference is that reflux is feeding related, while colic is timing related. While reflux is known to cause weight lost in bubs, there are certian bubs that might end up gaining more weight as they are comforted by the drinking of milk.

Just wanted to share this info...

Re: BM
just to chk, how u mumies warm up e BM?
i used avent warmer, set to 3 for 5 mins only.

anyone mix diff brand of FM b4?
anyone mix BM into FM b4?

Regg,
my confinement nanny use hot water leh.. but think previously some mummy posted that use hot water no good.. but my bb cannot wait leh if use warm water..

hey mummies,
after confinement, u all eat everything ma.. any food u all still avoid especially when u are breastfeeding?? i dun drink those formula for bf mum so tot of drinkin HL chocolate milk again like when i was preggy.. but cold stuff shld be able to take liao rite..

Hi Regg,

Re: BM
I use hot water to warm it up-taught by cl. Usually I roughly gauge when is bb's feeding timing (3hrly),and quickly put ebm into bowl of hot water before hand.
I have never mix diff brand of FM b4. Usually for nite feeds,I will feed EBM first,if it is not enuf then I supplement with FM cos dun wanna waste any EBM,waste FM not so heart pain.

Hi ladies,
Diapers :
Thank you for the quick advice on diapers couple of days ago,bought Fitti Premium to try,like it but they have quality prob,found a few pieces with half size tapes only.

Medela :
Is anyone by any chance is organising any spree for Medela accessories?

hi ML,

I have 1.5 pkt of M size (huggies) from a friend and 1 packet of Mamy poko M size. One carton of fitti is too much for me..

Any CCK mummies wanna share Fitti Premium diapers?

Diapers
hi ladies,
I've 2 packs of Drypers M sized diapers to let go. 1 pack is 84pcs. It's the translucent blue wee wee dry packaging. now ntuc hv promo selling 2 packs for $35.35. I'm letting go at $30 for both packs. Self-collect at either boon lay mrt/pioneer mrt.

I have a 900g Nestle NAN HA 1 to let go. Expiry is 13-01-2011. Dh bought at $40 coz mil worried I have no milk for bb. Never used at all, letting go at $35, self-collect at Jurong West.

PJPJ,

did u call them to see if they will exchange for the defect diapers?

Mich,

does your order of Fitti premium diapers have the same problem as PJPJ?

kikilala
where did u buy ur fish oil? i asked my gynae if buy from GNC ok mah. she said ok but i wonder if i should buy those with for preggie de.

baby poo
Zachary is 7 weeks now. just now he poo-ed a lots of thick watery poo. Is he having diarrhea?! The color is like dark yellow...

Nerov
Thanks for the info regarding silent refux. now makes me wonder if my boy got it or not cos during the day he only sleep 1/2 or 1hr day time. night time he can sleep 4-6.5hrs. but he doesnt cry for nothing. faint. he just napped for 12mins only. ;_;

jacqueline
i eat anything i want including cold stuffs.

warming of EBM
my CL taught me to use warm water. she took up courses before about taking care of baby. then she said she learned that it is not advice to use hot water cos will kill the nutrients inside. preferably 40 degree max.

Scroll to the bottom:
http://www.kkh.com.sg/PatientHealthLibrary/WomensHealth/Breastfeeding/headstart3.htm

Regg

Asked that question before too. I also use hot water as taught by CL. thought of getting pigeon warmer after someone postd here that too high a temp will kill the nutrients but > 10 mins is really too long for my baby to wait lor..

Nerov

Now that you mentioned, i suspect maybe my baby also has reflux? she keeps wanting to latch and a few times when i let her latch multiple times, she ended up vomiting her milk so must be overfed. like you mentioned maybe the drinking or suckling comforts her although she is not actually not hungry anymore. yesterday finally had no choice but to use the pacifier to prevent her from drinking too much. so what did your PD say you can do to make baby feel better? tomoro going to see PD, so i will ask about it also.

Reira

I was also wondering the same thing about my baby. normally her poo is like yellowish and sticky. but yesterday she had one poo where colour is darker yellow and watery. i heard her poo and it came out with no effort like how it is when we adults have diarrhea. normally she has to "kek" until face red before she can poo.. dunno whether is it becos i fed her with EBM which has gone bad. cos this morning i smell one bottle of refrigerated EBM and it was sourish like gone bad. quickly threw it away but hope last night's bottle was not bad. do you know if EBM smell like sourish, does it mean it has gone bad?

warming of EBM - do you also use cup method? if so, how do you mix up the warm water and how long does it take you to warm up the milk?

Reira,
I still get the fish oil from my gynae. its ok to get from outside but from a good source to ensure that the mercury level is not high

reira

my gal pooed green mucousy poo with blood in it today. tom going to c pd if there''s anything wrong. online search so far says maybe food allergy which could also explain her low wt gain. u wanna do an online search to see if it's anything to worry abt?

ktmum / Reira
I ate laksa yesterday and I noticed that my boy poo a lot more and the poo a bit change colour also. I was told that eating coconut milk can affect bb. Dont know leh... anymore notice this also?

kikilala,
tink my boy haven put on 1kg yet..so abit worried not enuff milk
okies...will start eating tml
normally wat u eat for breakfast?
tink need change my diet...

ktmum,
my boy also keep wanting to latch but will vomit milk after dat...duno wats wrong

regg,
mebby can take 1S n 1M? waiting for sandy to reply

re: colic
can colic babies b calmed by latching on?

ktmum
i didnt give my boy EBM yesterday wor. yesterday and today is totally latch on de. i read that some milk might smell sour is because of donno what nutrients inside. did u keep it in fridge for more than 2 days already?

i dont use cup, i use a bowl and put warm water. i agar agar mix the water so when i put finger to test, it is not too hot until i cannot tahan. how long to warm up milk ah... about 10 - 15mins bah. then every few mins check the water to see if it became cold or not if u urgently need it. if it became cold, i will pour away some and add some hot water to make it warm.

if i wanna bottlefeed him, i will warm it up around the time he is gonna wake up for milk.

kikilala
oh u just go to ur gynae and buy ah? haiz donno if gnc ones good or not. i didnt eat anything weird yesterday leh. er unless it is the durian cake.

btw mummies, do most of u opt for the 6-in-1 jab which includes the Hep B jab or the 5-in-one where Hep B is separate. just realised that my baby is scheduled for Hep B jab 2nd dose tomoro which means she will not be doing the 6-in-1 jab right? but i was not given the option by Dr EK Ong leh. it was scheduled for me. and i have not been paying much attention to the different options until now... now dunno whether i should reschedule for the 6-in-1 jab instead? those who are seeing EK Ong, which jabs did you opt for? were you given an option?

reira

am also wondering whether to continue buying from dr wong or go GNC and buy. cos her DHA fish oil quite ex right?

the other day 1 mummy mentioned that she brought her bb to hwa xia for swimming.. was wondering wat does the bb wear when he goes into the water? anyone knows?

ktmum
I am seeing Dr Ong and opt for 5 in 1. I called up the clinic and the lady said Dr Ong prefer 5 in 1 de. Then from what I know, hep b wont kenna fever but 5 in 1 & 6 in 1 will. so for me i will go for 5 in 1 cos by then he will be 3 mths old liao, instead of taking 6 in 1 first dose at 2 mths old.

Need to check with them if can pay by CDA or not.

I have no idea how much her DHA fish oil cost leh. GNC buy from online is much cheaper. I plan to get the triple strength one (or sth) but thinking if it will be overdose hahaha maybe i find one day to email dr wong and ask her.

Back