(2009/08) August 2009 MTBs

morning ladies..
i also join the group in facebook already..
happy.gif
 


LawShe,

RE: Breastpump, is it a must to bring to the hospital?

when i had my #1 i didn't bring leh.... the hospital got the loan set.
 
morning all
happy.gif


tulips.,
i also dunno wat symptoms to look out for
my gynae only ask me watch diet...cos she say even haf GD, no medication, watch diet only

pinkMaMa,
later i will sms her to check wif her...
 
Morning ladies
happy.gif


cloudme
Aaawwww... how's the durians from ubin? Is it nice?
happy.gif


piggy
My bb considered above average meh? My gynae told me it's average leh .... and i find him normal weight oso after comparing with the gals' bbs here.
 
Hahaha ... shirley, yah lor, 1 is like so pathetic, might as well dun eat lah.

Mmm ... ya,8 to 10 is quite alot but never mind lah, it's only the 2nd time i take durian in this pregnancy. The 1st time i took was when i was abt 3mths+, and i only had 3 seeds that time.

Very deprived .....
 
Pegsfur,
tt becos our baby is bigger... my gynae told me at wk 31 the average weight shd be 1.7kg... if u dun believe u can refer to the baby centre growth chart... n if ur baby decided to stay in till full term hor u can expect a 4kg baby leh... somemore i tink ur baby bigger than mine leh cos ur checkup is few day earlier than mine..
 
pegsfur,

Actually if my husband is not around i would like to eat ....

My husband really sees what I am eating de…. In order not to let me eat, he also don’t eat, he said why he can control and yet I can’t.
 
Morning all.

jul, I saw the Toyogo 5 tier drawers at Giant selling at $79.90.

shirley, i personally think no need to bring breast pump to hospital as we should try to latch bb on as much as possible. in hospital, there'll be nurses, lactation consultants to help too.

durians, i've been eating quite alot on weekends until my urine color turns dark yellow !! Now have to drink loads of plain water to flush out the toxins :p
 
piggy,
That's the thing i dun understand lor, cos your edd is only 2 days b4 me, but i always read that u are 1 wk ahead of me leh. Like now u r in 33wks? I'm just entering 32wks leh.

If average weight is 1.7kg in 31wk, den i'm about there oso cos ovann weighs 1.5kg in 30wk
happy.gif
I think i'm just being kiasu lah, cos i read the jun/july thread, some mummies pop so early de .. i scared i kena oso and Ovann's weight cannot make it.

shirley
Wow .. yr hubby very dedicated! If my hubby was like yours, i will xin gan qing yuan abstain from all these sweet stuff
happy.gif
The problem is, mine doesn't and sometimes i know he will let me eat if i act ke-lian and ask him if i can eat this eat that
happy.gif
 
Pegsfur,
no la i am wk 32 this wk not wk 33... but u dun be too kiasu leh cos hor many pp i know overdue.. so if my baby continue to grow above average i might opt for induce 2-3wk earlier if he got no sign to come out. i dun tink i can gave birth to a 3-4kg baby manz n we can alway pump him when he is out mah...
 
joeey,

Ya, i go agree what you said. directly latch on is better.

pegsfur, to my husband if i act 'ke lian' also no use de. he will be very angry and said "it is your baby and your body, if you don't want to take care, then up to you!"

He said like that made me feel so guilty leh.
 
shirley

But still must control a bit bit lah. Scully Babylet become 4kg+, then I chaim liao.

I'm hoping for natural birth w/o epi (dunno if I can make it).
 
morning mummies.. hope that all of u had a wonderful weekend...


regg: not sure whether u got my msg the other day? i've received the booties! so happi!!
 
pegsfur,
of the 3 durian hb open...
2 is good (bitter kind) and the other is abit bland...
so overall good...cos bland one fil and hb take almost everything...keke

me had share of the bitter one but hor the seed abit big(expected lor)...
cos kampong durian mah...
 
Jul, just cut on choc chip cookies, soft drinks can liao....

u hoping for natural birth ah!

i had the same thinking as yours when i had my #1, the moment my labour contractions getting closer (abt 15 mins interval) i was sent into hospital, and the staff interviewed me and asked me to rate the current pain such as ?? out of 10.

I told them 7, so they told me, i need epi lol.....
 
Good morning.

Huh? bbmaking hospitalised ah? Hopefully she udpates soon on how she is. Scary...

Re: Bringing breastpump to hosp
Think no need to bring lah coz 1st 2 days no milk one. So you should just let baby latch to stimulate the milk supply as well as suckle on the colostrum. The colostrum very little one so if you pump then you won't be able to collect it.

Pegsfur, did ah wong tell you what's the preferred weight for Ovann when borned? She told me my baby has to be below 3kg for my built or else I will have a hard time pushing!
 
shirley

Haha very difficult. I suppose just like putting durians in front of u & asking u to eat only 1 seed? Haha

Yeah! Now easy for me to say lah, coz I haven't given birth b4. But I try lor. So.. contractions abt 15min apart I need to decide on whether I want epi liao? Coz I think if too late, cannot do epi anymore right?
 
jul/joeey,
mebby u can go the toyogo warehouse buy....my hubby bought the 5 tier drawers for $15 only but its a smaller size one...the bigger sizes selling ard $30+ to $50+
 
talking about <font color="0000ff">blues</font>...

my ID for a software access kenna accidently removed by US side...

and the lost time for manhours is more than a wk liao...
aiyo, all my work is in that software and yet can't access...sucks...
now at office, just read mails and waiting for US to rectify this stupid error...

wasted a wk...and now my work is piling up...
 
shirley
Wah ... your hubby so fierce de. I'd be sad &amp; angry if my hubby says tat to me leh ... cos we r preggy now, so many changes in our body - feels tired, feels sore, hormonal change, taste change ... den want to indulge abit oso cannot, i think i will be very depress leh.

piggy
Is it?? How come i seldom (or never) hear of pple overdue de ... i always hear pple saying bb came out early, dat's why scared.

I oso dunno leh .. my thinking is, if bb over-sized, at most c-sect nia. But if bb not of substantial weight when he comes out early, there might be complications to bb.

jul
Hehehe .. i think u better throw away all the 0-3mths clothes u bot for your babylet ... shld get ready those 3-6mths de liao
proud.gif
 
Huh? Babymaking hospotalised? It's b/c of her contractions &amp; lowering BB heart rate? Hope both of them will be fine.
 
cloudme, if i came to office and realised that i cannot log in i will be worried that maybe i has been sacked by them!

that is really a stupid error...
 
Jul, I had the same thinking as you for no.1
I keep telling myself I don't want epi during pregnancy. But too bad my boy didn't want to come out and I was put on drip so the contraction was unbearable. It took me 13hrs to deliver.
So if you want to do w/o epi, better don't get induced.
 
irene,
huh below 3kg??? i thot if ur baby growin well shd be at least 3-3.5kg at full term? how tall r u? my friend 1.53m also gave birth sucessfully to a 3.3kg baby...

Jul,
hhahah ya lor easy to say now i also hope mypain threashold is high so no need epid lol~
 
sharon

How come the Toyogo warehse &amp; those Giant/NTUC places got such diff prices for roughly the same pdt?

shirley

Me also! Sometimes HB will remind me not to eat so much junk food. Then I wait for him to go shower then I quickly eat some. Like a rat or something! So chee chiam! haha

pegsfur

I worried he cannot wear the small clothes. Luckily I only bot 12 tops &amp; 6 pants of NB size from the Bugis shop. And the Carters rompers I bot are supposed to be 3-6 mths (altho they're a bit small in cutting). Else I heart pain leh.

Now I dun even know if I shd buy more NB size diapers. Coz his butt might be too big!
 
bear,

Ah wong said she's targeting at least 3kg for Ovann
happy.gif
But how heavy was Joshua when he was borned?

I asked my mum how much did each of us weigh at birth and she said all 5 of us are within 3.1kg to 3.5kg. Seeing my hubby's built, i think i won't kena giant bb oso
happy.gif
 
irene, mashy, piggy

Let's hope I can make it! If worse come to worse, then epi lor. But really pray hard no C-section
sad.gif


cloudme

Me thinking of where to go eat for belated Fathers' Day dinner this week. ILs just came back from hol trip &amp; have been self-quarantine-ing till Thu.
 
Piggytoh, hahaha..I am 1.5m tall nia ah. And my boy is only 3 days earlier than EDD. If I didn't kiasu and go to hospital hor, I think he should be an overdue bb. He wasn't ready to come out when I was admitted so I have to push for 1 over hour! It's a real nitemare! And he is only 2.89kg when borned.

For my girl this round, my gynae encourage me to go closer to 3kg as I think 2nd one should be easier. But I was thinking if my girl is below 3kg too, maybe I won't need to go through episiotomy???
 
pegsfur,
no in fact a lot of the pp i know either gave birth 1-2 day be4 EDD or overdue.. not every1 will gave birth so much earlier 1... for me i dun wan c-sect so no pt for a big baby somemore even c-sect ur baby too big also got risk 1..
 
shirley,
luckily got a manager also got ID kenna removed and this manager called up MD and
told us that MD told him this is very "common"
cos MD also kenna access removed b4...

anyway,
we believed that a stretch of IDs kenna accidently been removed lor...cos our IDs are in running order...

yah, very stupid error/mistake(been sabotage?)
the rest of the coll just tell us to treat it as a hoilday haha ...
 
Tulips, same here! I didn’t go for GD test when I had my #1, but when I had my #2 in my week 27, my weight gain 3.2kg (in a month) and baby weight gain from 616g to 1400kg!

So my gynae suspected I got GD, because most of the time if the mother and baby weight gain too much, they will test for GD.
 
morning!

regg, thanks for update
happy.gif
keeping fingers crossed that i can receive mine by next wk! but dun stress urself ok?

jul, dun worry abt the clothes la.. the bugis NB tops and bottoms lasted my girl till abt 3 mths.. and she was v v chubby after the 1st mth. cos she was 2.8kg at birth, the tops were more like dresses at first, but v soon she fit nicely into them. and carters rompers are also v stretchy. shld be able to wear too. my girl still wearing the 9-12mths rompers now! (but i dun button the bottom.. cos too short liao.. hahah)

eating junk secretly - u remind me of myself! i used to eat potato chips secretly when expecting #1 cos hb forbade me from eating.. so i wld eat then throw the wrapper directly down rubbish chute!

piggytoh, my girl was fullterm also leh.. but only 2.8kg. maybe follow my genes, cos i was also small bb at birth.

was also wondering abt babymaking over the weekend... sigh hope she is ok and that bb can stay in as long as is safe for bb.
 
pegsfur

U rem my size from Jane's hse? And my HB also not small (not tall lah, but he's not slim at all). I think mine no chance to be below 3kg one.
 
Jul,

I also wanted to do that, so if he is in the room playing PC game, i go to chicken try to see what to eat, but hor.... he will come out and check leh....
 
jules

Anyway I only spent abt $30 on the clothes from Bugis, so not so heart pain lah. Yeah I saw the Carters ones are very stretchy - shd be able to last. Only worry abt his big butt &amp; his big head haha.

At least u got rubbish chute! I have to squeeze my wrapper below other rubbish in the bin coz my rubbish chute is outside the hse haha.
 
Irene/Jules,
wow u gals baby so small...
i doubt my baby will be so small cos now alr big.. i tink my baby follow my HB who was 3.9kg at full term... n he is not big size at all lor..
 



Back
Top