(2009/08) August 2009 MTBs

My boy's so cute just now. I asked him if he wanna have McDonald's and he was so happy and said yes. Then as i was driving home and turning to the carpark, i looked at him and he has this saddest face ever, and said quietly, 'mummy, mcdonalds...'. I held up the pack of macdonald's meal that i bought earlier and he immediately broke into a huge smile. hahahah. I think this will be a great advertisement concept for McDonald's.
 


Janice,
as long as ur gynae say on prob u can induce:p

Lawshe,
i have been tokin to my baby since early stage i hope he guai guai listen manz hahahah.. worse come to worse induce lor bobian:p
 
lawshe

well, u can be one for 4mths and get paid for it! Perhaps u can ask yourself truly after the 4mths if you're suited for it. Not everyone can be SAHM, some will go mad. hahah.

Regarding money wise, it really depends on how much u spend lor. Not how much u earn. If u earn $2k, u will spend #2k, Earn $10k, will still spend that 10k. Of course with more money, u can have a more tai tai life than if you don't have much.

For my hb and I, we were also worried that we can't cope with 1 single income. But God provides.
happy.gif
I always end up with some extra money from Him. Like this time round, my CL is provided for.
happy.gif
He also gave us money to start off my preg last year.
 
Lawshe

OT very sian leh.. but no choice ba...
But I not stress la.. still take it easy.. hehe..

My nature of work can never settle one.. if all come all come. If no come than no come...still a bit free. But I'm passing my work to my other colleague liao le.. haha...left 30 days for me man

=========================

Janice

I think if bibi come out on himself better la..
Don induce ba..

=========================

Piggytoh

I hope not so pain. Hahaha.. that time I saw my friend, wa lau.. like so pain.. I also care. Induce got drip ah.. haha.. I tot poke from bottom wor..

I want my bb full term come out la.. don want induce..
So you intend to induce is it?

=========================
 
Mashy, i can imagine hw ur boy react jus nw based on ur description... i can imagine a happy boy, thanks to Mac. kekeke

As for SAHM, i have thought of it before but i guess short term still ok, long term i might not be able to take it.. still prefer working.. guess like i planned, will source for something less hectic n nearer so i can spend more time w my girl...

and monentary concern is definitely bothering all.. i bet this is my main concern too, since my place is ready soon n the reno gonna cost alot..

Piggy, continue talking to ur boy, i am sure he will understand u..
 
SBB,
erm pokin of waterbag is not induce leh.. from wat i know induce is either drip or they insert a pill to the V but not painful 1 it the start of contraction den painful mah...

Lawshe,
ya i am tokin to him w/o fail every nite lol~
 
sbb

no need to sew the bra extension. U just use the hooks to hook onto the existing bra hooks.

Lawshe
yes, prob changing to a less hectic job may be better for u.
 
hi mummies... i just came back from another stupid wasted trip to CPF again..

too tired to type out details, but i gto everything they wanted, in the end, they disappointed me agian and i have to go back to CPF AGAIN!@

I think i had a contraction just now also.. like a very bad stomach cramp, came in one wave and it was gone...
 
lawshe: why cannot go for pedi? dont apply nail polish lah, ask them to buff and shine...

got question to ask about contractions ah...

Just now while walking to stupid CPF, i suddenly felt this strong stomach cramp like kind of pain.. it came in one wave, from bottom moved up, and it was gone. very fast, within a few steps it came and went.

Was quite strong, strong enough to stop me in my track...

Anyway, it didnt come back any more..

Thing is... i dont know what BHs are like. they say its tightening.. so does it hurt when it tightens? Is it at only one place or all over? how does a real contraction feel like then? all over or only one place
 
babys

contractions feels like menses cramps. Painful, hard tummy. Can break out into a cold sweat, stop u at the spot. It comes in a few sequences. Meaning, it will come, go away, come again, go away and it gets more intense with each new one. After a while, u will sense there seems to be a rhythm to it and when u time it, it's rather regular.
 
mashy: oh.... i see... thanks for explaining!!

after that pain and after CPF, i went for lunch, after lunch when i stood up, i felt this mild menstrual cramp kind of feeling, but not strong enough to stop me from walking..
 
babys

then prob not contractions, but BH... I've a couple of BH that can stop me in my tracks. Tummy very hard and cannot move, but not painful.

I remember my contractions was super painful, wanna scream for epidural type. Hahha.
 
ok ok... cos i thought BH is only, u feel the uterus getting harder, but dunno if pain accompanies it or not...

i didnt feel if tummy hard just now or not, just held onto tummy.. haha..

aching more these few days also.
 
Contractions

I had very bad back ache yest. Then in the evening/nite, my tummy was very painful. Had a poo poo but it was still painful. The pain was in the middle of the tummy, surrounding the belly button area.

Felt like tummy ache pain. Wonder if that's BH or contraction?
 
jul

hmmm... i dunno leh. Coz everyone feels a little different. For me, i can tell the difference between a bad tummy ache and contractions... Coz my contractions are at the bottom, not in the middle. The centre just harden. If it's left side for me, it's diff gas/tummy ache for me. I think my intestines have been shoved there.
 
babyS,
i haf been gaining weight!

lights for baby room
juz realised that my room lights may not be suitable for baby...as im stayin wif my parents..so bb will need sleep wif us in our room...no spare room...but my light is those normal white flourescent tube...i like my room to be bright bright...suddenly it occured to me that it might b too bright for baby's eyes? or i can juz leave it as it is?
anyone can advice?
what type of lighting is reccommended?
 
Being a SAHM.... this is my personal view
Recently my hb asked me if I ever regret to be a SAHM, and my reply was "No".
WHY?
I'm sure I would regret if I do not choose to be a SAHM, then I would miss all the fun and laughter with my child.
Though there are times, she is difficult to handle, but it definitely makes me a better person, less impatient as I used to be.
I better understand her needs and her wants, etc.

Time really flies, once we miss their childhood especially the 1st 5-6yrs, there would never be a second chance.
 
sharon: since last check up, my weight hasnt increased alot.. only like 100 to 200 gms kind.... hmm.. hope baby is ok..
 
celine, mashy

This contraction thing vs BH vs tummy ache is very confusing for 1st time mummis hiaz..

babys

Not sure if my weight stagnated recently. But at my last appt, I was still gaining lots of weight.

celine

That's the spirit! U've been drinking water & resting & not worrying too much, so hope u get a gd prognosis 2moro.
 
jul
i was wondering if i should buy bag organiser too. then took out my diaper bag and start putting my personal stuffs inside. haha realised got enough compartments to put my own things.

Talking about baby's weight, my boy gained 500g in 2 weeks. i feel so sinful now cos i just went to eat like 3 seeds of durian (hubby didnt know ofcourse! sleeping).

kikilala
can i come over to your place around 3 - 5 pm on Friday? Please pm me your block =)

DolceVita
wa! Thanks for the details. Haha must go and get a nice hair cut before the photoshoot section liao! Oh noes, i am bad at thinking of pose! cham! must go and find out what pose others use when taking maternity photos liao. haha

sbb
i also worried when the due date gets closer and closer leh!!! mainly due to the pain and how to take care of baby!!! i am wondering if i should shift my comp to baby's room. oh noes, havent bought a cheap mattress for postnatal massage also. haiz!! so far my boy is very good inside my tummy, i hope he wont became a little devil when he come out!

whoa! the bras you bought are so ex!! so far i only spent about $65 on 3 nursing bras.

contractions
if i've never had menses cramp before... i wonder when i gets contractions, will i be able to tahan it? the BH i thought i had was only tummy tightened on the side only (is that even BH???).

babyS
for the past 6 weeks, i've gained like 2.3kg!!! baby gained 1 kg in total so that means I gained 1.3kg. luckily one more month to go, if not i will cry. i am guessing the reason is that i am not working so didnt walk much and burn all those calories away. T_T
 
Hi BabyS,
If you ask Dr Woo,he will tell u it is normal..cos i felt the same way and asked him also.

Dolliepollie,
So nice of u to set up a blog for yr massage lady.So she is the type who uses alot of strength..maybe i shd try her for prenatal first.Benn feelin achy lately..

Hi ladies,
When you meet your confinement lady..does she tell u tat she will need afternoon naps?
 
PJPJ: Yeah, dr woo will always say everything is ok lor.. his standard answer.. "hmm... its ok." hahahah.... ur weight gain also slowing down?

I've never heard confinement nanny ask for afternoon naps leh.. but if she is going to be doing housework and take care of baby plus cook, i guess afternoon naps should be ok? just dont sleep past dinner time lah.. hahaa.. and if she is takng care of baby in the night also
 
Hi BabyS,
Yeah his standard answer..I asked him abt the Strep and GD test,he also said no need.Haha.Did you do it?
Weight gain pickin up...so far has put on 8kg.How abt u?

Confinement lady
Dunno lei..she also commented must have slow cooker and formula milk-cos surely not enuf milk.Wah hear already,i m like huh..u dun even know yet and you already assume. Faint.
 
sharon: that was 2 weeks ago and i was gaining weight.. now no.. haha... maybe i am paranoid, any way dr's appt is on sat,, shall see then.

PJPJ: I asked him about strep test, he says up to me.. i was thinking of not doing. Cos even if it shows i have it, i cannot take the antibiotics cos allergic.... so i was thinking, just tell dr woo, to watch baby and take it that i have...

ur confinement nanny sounds scary leh.. so many request one ah..

my friend had a confinement nanny from hell man.. Came into their house, change the furniture lay out cos she dont like. then she was coughing quite badly. didnt want to get med till my friend's husband offered to buy. then she tell him one brand and says she only take that brand. The husband drove to 3 different pharmacies and finally call back say dont have... then she finally say, its a malaysia brand , SG dont have one, then say any brand also can.

Refused to wash clothes. WIll only wash mother and babies clothes after they asked, but MUST use only one certain brand of washing powder etc...

and she also insisted on FM too..

they got so fed up, by 3rd week, they bought a bus ticket for her and sent her back.
 
reira

The reason I bot bag organiser was b/c I wanted to be able to just take the whole organiser & transfer to another bag, w/o having to pour out all my own stuff then one by one transfer. I lazy lah haha.
 
PJPJ
my confinement lady didnt told me about afternoon naps. ur confinement lady sounds like not pro-breastfeeding leh. my confinement lady never ask me buy formula milk and i know she is 100% pro-breastfeeding type.

BabyS
I think should be ok lah! My baby gained 1.4kg from day 1 - week 28 without me gaining any weight at all. Wow!! your friend's CL is really CL from hell leh...

Jul
omg i totally understand that!!!! lol but normally what i bring is just handphone, wallet, tissue, key if i go near by mall. all those cosmetics can rot in the diaper bag haha
 
babys

wow, that's really a CL from hell...

Jul
hmmm... somehow you'll know. I knew when i had my first contractions that it's time to head for the hospital, even though i was only 34 weeks then! It's very very very painful. No doubts that it's contractions & not BH. And it's so regular that i can time with my watch.
 
PJPJ

sounds like your CL not pro bf... U're going to have a hard time. All the more don't buy any FM. Coz she'll prob insist on feeding your bb FM.
 
Jul, don't say 1st time mummy, I am going to be a 2nd time mummy I also not very sure how's the contraction is like.
I remember I was near the EDD and I keep having stomache. Each time the pain comes, my hair will stand and I will sweat. Then it will go away and after short while, it will come again. That's when I start to time it.
 
Confinement lady
Sigh...yeah lor..hear already also scared scared.But told myself if she is really bad,will engage her til the deposit is used up n then say bye bye. Meanwhile will keep my fingers crossed.

GD
May I check with the ladies who has GD..did you pass your urine test strip test? Only when it showed brown then you for for glucose test?

BabyS,
Yeah Dr Woo is the kind who don't see a need to do the test.
happy.gif
 
PJPJ, can get another CL now? The one you described definitely doesn't sound like a good one. If can better get another one rather than sack her in the middle of your confinment.
 
irene

haha, somehow you knew it right? Coz it's recurrent. So no mistaking abt it and end up giving birth at home rather than the hospital. hahaha.
 


Mashy, if the contraction came much earlier than the EDD, I might not know leh. But it really feels like normal stomache just that after I go toilet, the pain is still the same. That is why I ended up going to the hosp seven early eight early.
I think this time I will wait till the pain is more intense.
 

Back
Top