(2009/08) August 2009 MTBs

Hi
my gal went cc today too. Those in facebook will know. Lol. Not too much of a prob except cried until puked once. Then change lots of clothes. After that she ok and waved bye bye to me after lunch. When I peeped into the class, I saw her dragging her bag to her cubby hole after bathing.

Now I'm resting at home. So tired from the morning rush.
 


Jul

if your ils are any bit kiasu sure will approve of sending to pre N. Else scared cannot catch up in class next time. Lol. Tell them if don't go, very difficult to catch up in nursery, then spiral to primary sch. Now, nursery expected to write already.
 
mashy:: good job to H. hehe.. she look so cute in the uniform. so hw sets of uniform u bought in all?

btw.. sigh..my girls still not speaking yet.. duno hw they will be able to write in nursery! at least Keona can hold a pen/pencil/watever nicer... Mattea, majiam holding a stick or sword like dat! faint!
 
el-nino:: i hv no idea.. i juz try to hide as much as possible.. haha.. as like.. prolly cos i was sitting on it.. so no movement, the 'stuff' still stuck inbetween my 'moonie' n the chair, seperated by a pcs of panties, no smell came out? or prolly no movement so oni a bit-bit smell came out.. she might tot it was juz fart or wat! hahahah~
 
Bobo: haha... poop in panties... dats funny... hehe... ur mom must have a shock when she saw it man! haha

Re Childcare,
i think the peers environment can suddenly make our
babies" grow up... its so amazing... My friend's son who is a week younger than my Xuen went in to CC earlier in January and he can already feed himself and is rather independent now! My Xuen is still always in her own dreamy world at times... Was so tempted to send her to cc then... haha

As for writing in nursery, i think its still pretty young for them to actually do those writing... I read a research before which says that different age should expose them to different senses, like the younger kids can see and listen better, write and read will be at a later stage... etc. This is also the theory for the Yamaha Junior Music Course.

I also noticed that the current trend the enrichment classes do is to teach the kids the syllabus way before the school teaches... Isnt this going to make lessons in school a bore?
 
Thanks for the well wishes
happy.gif
Yipe have to entrust Sophie to hubby and my mom’s care for a while.

Wow so many kids starting cc today

Self feeding
No worries if they have not learnt how to self feed. The teachers will help to teach them and they will slowly get the hang of it. Some teachers told me that even some of the kids in Nursery still need the teacher’s help too. After seeing their friends eating on their own, they will also want to learn

Bobo, not to worry about your girls. I’m sure they’ll have fun there in school with new friends. It natural that they may be

Jul,
Yah can tell your in laws that starting our kids in cc now is to give them a head start in education mah. Haha.

Mashy,
That’s good. Now mummy can have a good rest at home with the kids
happy.gif
 
Joia
have a smooth op!

Fatbobo
I bought 4 sets but I think I will get another 2 sets else I've to do laundry everyday. Very siong. My boy has 6 sets so easier on the washing machine.

U know, both she and her bro are wearing same size! *shake head*. If not for the semi skirt for gals, I can let them share uniform.
 
bobo
hahaha! so funny... err I pooped once in my pants in P1 even... cos forgot to bring tissue and the school toilet dont provide paper! so decided its better with pants! kekeke! strange decision making... then I threw away the panties and only wear the PE shorts.
 
Fatbobo,
Ur poop adventure is hilarious.

When I was working at a kindergarten,a boy poop in pants n refused to fess up,so we make all the kids queue up n smell their backside one by one!Til we found the aroma source...it was really a aroma-theraphy day. Even when we found out it is him,he still refuse to admit!
 
mashy, joia

My ILs are a bit anti-KS leh. They actually asked, 'Don't send Sam to nursery can or not?" *faint*

My MIL lagi best. Tells me not to teach Sam too many things coz he's starting to say more things like "go there", "throw away" etc.. I didn't teach him, he just learned what! She says it'll overwork his brain & it'll get spoilt & he'll become stupid in future. ?????

Liz

I also read something similar when I was reseraching Montessori. They believe in training the pre-writing skills first and that starting too early can have negative impact on their writing skills. They will assess & teach accordingly when the child is ready, not before & they also won't hold back the child if he's advanced.
 
Jul

OMG. Your ils are really 'mentally challenged'. If Sam doesn't learn anything now, that can only mean he's retarded leh. All our kids will learn something one or another. He pick up things fast means he's smart mah. Odd ils. Since they so ignorant, I think u can just say it's compulsory to attend sch by MOE else they will come after u and fine or jail the parents. Lol.
 
wah lau eh! all the poop stories (and smelling of poop) so gross and so farnie!!!

I dont remember crying when i went to school, but i know if shayna goes to school, i'll be the one crying!!!

Mashy, same size uniform meh.. from the pics cant tell wor..
 
PJ, mashy

It's more of my MIL lah. I also dun understand her sometimes *scratch head*

FIL is more of.. he thinks kids too young shdn't go to school coz they may get traumatised & hate school thus back-firing.
 
Btw MIL is now trying to "bu" Hubs' brains with eggs. She keeps saying that she didn't let her kids have eggs when they were younger, she didn't know it was impt etc.. so now must "bu" coz Hub's is very "toot" and not smart.

Hmm.. wouldn't it have been better if she didn't make them watch TV or try to teach them more? She actualy used to rent those drama serials & make her kids watch with her to make the rental money more "hua" Oh well..
 
babys

Hiaz.. she won't listen one lah. Just like she will fry rice, put an egg.. steam something, add egg.. then she will say Hubs still can eat 5 eggs that week coz those eggs in the dishes she cooked aren't counted, all diluted liao *scratch head*

Remember I can't even convince her to stop blending Sam's veg?
 
Jul

kudos to u! I won't be able to hold my tongue if I'm u. Sure suan her.

better don't let Sam mix with her too much, else also toot. Lol. You must spread more of your good brains to Sam. All the more u cannot let her decide whether Sam should go sch etc else he turn out toot due to her weird beliefs. And tell your hb dun eat too much of the eggs. High cholestrol. Can get short life with it. U need to tell her it's too late to bu brain already. Coz pp learn most when they are young. Not now.
 
babys

Yes, unless she tries to feed him rice for dinner - then the veg (usu broccoli type) will prob be cooked in the soup, but she'll try to make it really mashy & she'll squash it with the spoon before giving it to him.

She already improved a LOT liao. I think she must have been psycho-ed by SIL coz for the longest time she refused to give him rice or anything that he can chew. Or maybe coz Sam is rejecting her gruel? Coz she complains that Sam doesn't wanna eat scraped papaya but want a piece that he can chew (aiyoh this kinda thing wanna complain.. I'll be happy if I'm the caregiver).

PJ

Thanks, I believe I'm a very nice person Muahahaha

mashy

Erm.. not sure. I think she DID go to school, but she's rather ignorant abt Science. She can read Chinese newspaper but I think she's just not very modern. I was sharing before that sher vocab isn't very good - she tells me to "chook chook" the container instead of "da li de yao", Sam "koks" his head insetad of "zhuang", "nunu" rather than "vacuum"... basically just not articulate? I also dunno how to explain
 
mashy

Hiaz I told her so many times that it's no use to bu now but she doesn't believe.. she says better than nothing.. I give up
 
Mich

The bus stop to take 97 is outside the conventional hall.

Joia

Don't worry. Take care and recover soon.

bobo

Thks for organising. Will be joining. For JPot, they do have set lunch. But the food is not v big portion.

RE: LUNCH @ VIVO

date: 9 March (Wed)
time: 12:00
proposed venue: Jpot (any objection?)

interested:
1) fatBobo
2) Eunice
3) kikilala
4) April
5) Sharon (TBC nearer to date)
6) liz
7) Karen
8) joeey
9) mystifiedjan
10) SL
11) Mich ?
12) jagiebaby (TBC nearer to date)

Re : Childcare

They dont have to know how to self feed. Teacher will teach them and toilet train them as well...
 
mashy

Btw it's too late to spread good brains to Sam - his genetic makeup is already fixed hahaha

I can mitigate by sending him to Montessori - but I worry now whether he will think his mummy is toopid coz she can't build pink towers or sort 64 colours & shade! Then I'll become like my MIL! How???? *panick*
 
jul: look for parent accompanied montessori classes, so u can learn along also.. hahaha..

just like how u learn the songs and actions from kindermusik also.. hahah
 
Hello mummies!

wow today quite afew toddlers started CC? This is quite a major milestone for the little ones, hope all can adapt fast.
happy.gif


jul,
your MIL very very funny! :p
 
Sharon,

Put him near my hse the new PCF sparkle tots, those I like my mum say still hv to take bus, my mum find it so troublesome since she do not drive. 2nd and 3rd day my mum will be around with him @ CC.

Jagiebaby,

Tink for a start , not to stay too long at CC is good hor, like the arrangement.
9 Kids do they split? Edric Class got 8 kids, lesson time split into 2 class, 2 teachers and 1 assistant to 4 kids.


I read story books abt going to sch to him, kind of prepare him mentally lah! maybe it work????
 
April
Javier also in sparkletots.. Thats the nearest to my house, few blks away with shelter if rain. The maid quite blur, dun dare let her take bus with javier.. The sparkletots below my house still in waiting list. The teacher say wait till next year also dunno got space anot.. 2 teachers, 1 assistant to 4 kids thats good. Today when i was there, 3 teachers to 9 kids.. Nv split class leh..

Javier dun like to read book leh.. I juz keep telling him going to school is fun and he will have lots of friends to play with him loh..
 
morning ladies..

wah so many goin CC alr...
but the CC he went the other day i dun like it wor.. now desperately lookin for 1 near my house.. initially wanted learnin vision but with my HB new workin schedule i tink better find 1 i can pick up easily sigh..
 
Mich,
talkin abt the maid i bth the hosp after they insist on her stayin another wk they called me on Mon say actually according to WHO after 14days of medi she can be discharge n board the plane so tt means the additional 1 wk of hosp stay is not necessary but when i ask the dr y they insist her on stayin n say it against MOH regulation in the first place? they could not ans... so MOn i faster book air tix n sent her home bill haven settle cos i wan to complaint! really angry...

ya goin to change cos i find tt CC no gd n not well organise but those ok 1 ard my house all full sigh~
 
yeah lor.. thats why i was wondering how come ur maid after 2 weeks cannot discharge yet, unless got other issue. Otherwise, 2 weeks of hospitalization to ensure they faithfully take 2 weeks of medication is the standard protocol..

yeah dont settle the bill until they give u a satisfactory answer man..
 
BabyS,
actually they say becos she failed the test n is still contagious tt y mus clear the test first n say it against the law if we insist on dischargin her n now tell me another story which is ridiculous...
 
thats why lor.. its ridiculous..

and the meds dont work in 2 weeks. My clients who have tb and take med for 2 weeks, also not cleared one what. they come back have to be isolated still..

insist that the extra one week is their fault and refuse to pay for it! or write into forum..
 
Piggy/BabyS: i agree with BabyS, seek for a satisfactory answer then decide. if really have to pay then blow the thing big! Can write in to forum, etc.

Smurfy: My Xuen has not started school yet, still terrorising the house! hehe... I prob going to reg her for p-nursery next Jan at the kindergarten her sis is currently going.
 
Piggy

aiyoh! Must complain! The dr anyhow say! Ya, don't pay the extra one week! But u better search for the WHO recommendation to substantiate your claim.
 
thanks girls. u r making me feel much much better kekekee

not yet started school.
smurf's
babyS
liz

liz's ur girl going to err st james?

i wrote in my facebook.. about this ICL.. u girls may want to consider it for our 09 kids. no harm registering and paying $30 registration fees just to chop a place, can always withdraw hahahah

http://www.icreativelearner.com.sg/
 


Smurf

My gal has not started school yet. Intend to send her in Sep or Oct.. But don't know will she get a place by than.
 

Back
Top