(2009/08) August 2009 MTBs

Fatbobo,
Me too...boycott
PS Cafe newest outlet is one of them
So that day my frend suggest bday dinner there n I refuse to go...hahaaa
 


Jul

they do things like sorting, putting things into small holes, opening covers, pretend play etc. It's quite Montessori I feel coz a lot of small tasks. For me I feel a bit bored lah coz it's open box, line things up accoring to sequence, speed reading, cutting things, but I think it's part of how they learn too. Repetitive play. And each task very short to cater to their short attention span. They also have songs with flash cards in diff langs. They have gone thru English, Japanese, french, German songs. I think it also instil discipline for the kids to sit down and do a task. For some tasks, my gal will be distracted but she's getting better. And they also do memory games to improve their photographic memory.
 
SBB,
TFR= total fertility rate...

Fatbobo,
not only financial assistance but CC also big prob.. those gd n affordable 1 all full.. den we bobian mus spend more sumtime u willing to spend also no slot... n yet they wan us to have more children... den sch, kindy etc all headache...
 
Sbb
my gal is attending right brilliance in toa payoh.

Jul
I think it depends on the kids and what u want for them. My gal's motor skills are very gd already, so I have no intention to send her to gym class. Anyway going cc soon so they will have lots of other activities and music. For my boy I adopted a diff way, so I wanna try this out and see how my gal will turn out. Hehehe, like experimenting with the kids. My boy till now still can't sit still. My gal can sit for a while at least.
 
sharon:: whr n wat's this PS Cafe? wat they serve there de?

well.. to be fair.. if it's those fine dining.. or like those clubbing area de.. den ok lor.. but prolly they can set-up a family corner? like they hv smokers corner....so family corner?


piggy:: ya.. i mean like.. everybody already kept on talking abt edu n all.... but i tink if can 'take care' of the pregnancy part..the checkup n all... oso cost alot.
like my pregnancy.. high risk.. so needs lotsa checkups n all... u/s chg per bb.. so double! before deliver already spend spend spend.... very siong lor.
 
Regarding tbr, actually I think the govt should help sahm more. Hehehehe. Sahm don't mind having more children if finances allow. So why convince those not interested in more children? It's easier and more effective to help sahms.
 
mashy,
wow amazing your girl is learing addition!! I thot my boy's school is stretching him by teaching him chinese 笔画 and sighting words :p

Jul,
study study? IMO I think my boy school is teaching them via play with alot of colorful cute materials which I like.

If you prefer to train Sam on independence, being ablt to think, reason, learn by himself type then send to Childcare should be appropriate...
 
Fatbobo,
I think western food n coffee? Never go before
Hee but read they ban kids

Re: low birth rate
It's so tough raising a kid nowadays
Need money n time..both not enough
sad.gif

I wish to have 3 but impossible
 
Jul: yes agreed that they are the ones that cover us when we have to take child
care leave and maternity but then attitude is sometimes antagonistic lor. Buay
tahan. Have the cheek to complain very busy but still go home early :p

Pegsfur, bobo, Sharon : well I can empathise with these restauarant owners since
some of them are not positioned as family restaurants.

The PS café  that Sharon mentioned is at Ann Siang Hill.

TFR
Maybe they should consider giving dads more paternity leave too! Let the men
share the responsibility of taking care of babies.
 
mashy

thanks! maybe i should check out that one also. wa lau. so many wor hor? haha..

=================

Fatbobo
thats why they said giving birth 1x 1bb better. cos 1 bb 4mths, 2 bb also 4mths. actually goverment should subsidise more for twins. if not how to manage in spore right?
like maybe if have twins, should have 6mths ML. at least ppl feel "song" ma.

than bb bonus also more la.
 
mashy:: yah.. actually i agree with u too.. why oni working mum get subsidy for childcare etc?

if i were to get grants n subs... i wld very much love to be a SAHM, make more bbs.. n when they're to the right age...send them to CC.. (n cont to make bbs! bahaha~ nah..i mean.. ya.. prolly?!?)..

doesnt mean all SAHM r taitai.. hb earn mil kind lor.. if the couple r willing to forgo 1 portion of income n be hm to bring up the kids.. they shld hv the entitlement to grants n subs too..
 
PS cafe served western food, actually I like to go there to chill out once a while. They belongs to smart casual dining where all the office ppl go there. The branch that ban kids is located near Ang Siang where all the white collars workers go there for biz lunch/dinner so I can understand why they ban children from entering. The other branches of PS cafe e.g. Dempsey Hill did not ban kids
 
SBB:: haha.. den more ppl will go IVF/IUI(duno wat term la).. to one shot hv multiples.. the birth rate sure multiply even faster. hoho.

for me la.. i dun mind dun hv extended ML for multiple.. but i tink monetary asst really really very very much appreciated lor. really very tough (financially) to bring up multiples. especially for low/middle income family.
 
joia, Sophie's playgroup is the 3 hour kind? Who will look after her after school?

sharon, I agree. As a working mum, its very tiring to go home, and then have to run after the kids, plus coach them in homework when they are older. Sometimes I feel so stoned after work, that I'm not very patient. Especially when the kids fight or my girl doesn't know her spelling or ting xie *pull hair*

mashy, how is C doing with the spelling and ting xie. I feel very sian leh cos gotta coach Serene.. I can't imagine how it will be like in P1... sigh

bobo, i agree, SAHM should get credits... maybe extra credits for their hb's income tax or what... or hb's should get working father's tax rebate if the mothers are not working... and this thing about CC grants. Dun understand why SAHM get less. Most SAHMs send their kids to CC cos they already have a full time job managing another one at home.
 
mich,
same as you, I am very tired when reach home but still got to give my boys some coaching. I have very little "me" time
sad.gif
 
Mich: the playgroup will also be full day just like now. No help so not possible to be half day. But I changed her to this new one as it also incorporates kindermusic (the teachers go through the course) as well as gym once a week each. And it's all included in the fees which is $650 after subsidy and discount.

Agreed on on the need to cater for more perks for SAHM. after all it is a full time job too and they have given up their careers to take care of the kids. And like Mashy said they are more receptive to have more kids if there is financial assistance.

Not looking forward to have to coach my girl homework in future! Haha. And ting xie somemore. Was telling my hubby next time he coach her maths and science, I in charge of language and play subjects like art, drama. Haha
 
celine,

where is yr boy studying at?

RE:Vitamins & Supplements

Any recommendation for the above? Ethan is falling sick & has still not recovered for almost a week. Think it's due to him attending the playgroup. he hardly falls sick last time & recovers v fast.
 
I will boycott restaurant that dont allow children too. U reject my child is as good as disrespecting me.

Bobo, i pulled shayna out of kindermusik for this term. Cos my office here got few cases of chicken pox then i dunno if we got expose or not. Dont wanna go spread to others. And dont want to start then kena then cannot
Make it for their make up class. They will keep the space for me though. Thought of sending shayna to "our time" in feb. The lady say better cos got older kids. Shayna will be motivate by them. In our village, all the kids younger, doing the things that she can do, no challenge to her. Haha.
 
Re: fitti premium
Now offer 2 for $19.90 at carrefour but only M n XL
The lady say fitti premium pulling out so clearing stock now
 
celine, yes, I can hardly find time to do stuff. If I want to do facials etc, have to take leave.

joia, $650 sounds great for so many actvities. Hope Sophie will adapt to the new place quickly!
 
Mich

so far he got all correct except for the adhoc words that Lu laoshi gave. Now every night except thurs and fri (coz got berries) do spelling and ting Xie. Sigh. We spend abt one hr everyday on it. Tough man. Sometimes I gotta bring out the cane then he remember how to spell and write. How's S doing? But I guess it's good in a sense to start the routine of homework and ting Xie in preparation for pri one. Don't want them to be suddenly shocked by the amount of sch work.
I signed him up for swimming in sch too. At least I dun have to send him there myself and I just need to pick him up after that. Is serene going swimming too?
 
joia:: wow.. S$650..with enrichment incorporated..... value for $. hw cm my area there cant find such de leh....piggy hor? haha.


sharon:: big thanks~ *wink*
 
Re : SAHM subsidy
I think government didn give stay at home mum more subsidy is cos they will think since you stay home why not take care bb still need put cc? that means got extra $$$?
Is that the reason why??? If like that not good wor.
Haiz… actually SAHM also poor thing leh, where got time for themselves right?
My hubby ask me stay home, I said can, if you 1 mth give me 2k I sure stay one. Haha..
 
hello, is the Star Tots, same as the Edufarm?

how come rivervale/sengkang side one like no class open leh..unlike those TPY which is full house??? any mummies interested, can register for 5 to open class together at rivervale drive?
 
Fatbobo,
yes ... i was tellin my kolig all the CC near mt house all full den bobian go to this ex 1.. so siong... my friend sent her boi to Learning seeds at Gek poh curriculum also ok but she payin $350 nia... but i call full also
sad.gif


Jeni,
Star tots is under Edufarm..

SBB,
yeah if SAHM got incentives i tink will be gd den i dun even need to work PT hahah...
 
Zen,
Kyler also seldom fall sick 1.. but lately dunno y keep fallin sick... i been givin him the childlife colostrum n nordic fish oil nia...
 
Smurfy
that's the reality of Singapore education. Unless u can afford to send to international schools, u better start already. The earlier the headstart, the easier time they will have later in sch and in life. Now children are expected to know when they go pri sch. Dunno what's the teachers there for.
 
mashy, me too!! Everynight I am making Serene do spelling and ting xie. Except thurs as she has Chinese class (where she also has HYPY ting xie) and on Fri (cos David and I not at home). Sometimes S will give me the "I don't know how to read the word" kind of nonsense, or tell me lu lao shi never teach her the word. That time I will start scolding her and tell her I will ask lao shi tomorrow if she is telling a lie! Didn't sign up for swimming cos its very expensive. How come you didn't go to the pool downstairs your place... so many instructors teaching.

smurfy, er, I am not doing anything with my 4 yr old either. Cos she can't even write her ABC leh... think I will worry about it when she reach K1.
 
mich .
ur 4yrs old is born in 2007? oh my coming 4yrs old born in 2007 oso cannot write a-b-c kekeke. thankq for the reassurance :D

then ur Serene is? when did u start drilling serene?
 
Mich
how much is the average price? I didn't know the Average price, just thot can just do it during school hrs easier. Didn't wanna touch the weekends so that we can spend the time together rather than going class. My boy kept asking me what's that word too! Think more stressful on us than them. For this week, he kept missing the 'n' in blink until I brought out the cane. Then after spelling in sch, he told me proudly that he remembered the 'n'. Sigh.

Joy is so happy go lucky type. Now in nursery right? I remember nursery has to start writing already. My boy was kicked out of his prev kindy also partly he can't write well then.

Smurfy
my boy is in k2. Next yr pri one. Regretted not instilling more self discipline in him. Think go pri sch will be very much worse.
 
smurfy, I only got kan cheong when Serene turned K1. She is K2 this year. Before that, I just let her play. Ya my #2 is born June 2007 same as yours.

mashy, average price only is $50 for their age group. School charge $90, so the extra $40 is for transport and 2 teachers to accompany them. Your downstairs pool has evening classes. Ya think we are the ones who are stressed, think have to learn to let go abit... sigh. Joy is learning writing in school now I think. But still not very good with it. Which P school you gonna enrol C? Is it Anderson?
 
err mine is in nursery. so meaning to say i can let him play more for this year? kekekee

actually #1 just switch to full day. is trying to let him settle in well.. just started his first lesson in piano. i guess when things r more settle for him, me oso looking at berries, ICR/lorna whiston, swimming n art etc. but let him settle in full day first.

quote frm RI teacher. "children nowadays cannot depends on school oredi. it is those who go for tuition n external courses who will excel"
 
but the 1hr drilling on tie xie.. is really stressful leh..(err even for me??)

mashy
u r along w amy chua on tiger training method for ur kid? how come ur berries 2 days??
 
smurfy,
you are damn funny on the tiger training hahah... :p

mashy,
how come the kindy can kick student out becoz of writing? yr boy now is in Pat's schoolhouse?
 
Mich
so cheap ah. Aiya, day better. Scared at night will catch a cold. Somemore he's quite weak. Then if I send on my own, I still need to jaga my gal when I send him to the bathroom. We'll see how it goes la. Nursery gotta start writing lor. Yes, going Anderson.

Celine
ya, next yr pri 1.

Smurfy
I agree with her on one pt. U won't enjoy it until u are good at it. I think at the point when they wanna give up, we have to help them persist. We should not let them give up easily. His Chinese no good, so I'm sending him for k1 and k2 berries. To be honest, his cc Chinese teacher didn't pay attn to his poor performance. She said they are a normal cc, if he can't catch up, he will just lag back. Luckily she's gone already. So now rather than depend on schs and keep changing, might as well give him enrichment with good teachers and curriculum. Worked out cheaper too this way as his cc is quite cheap. If your gal Chinese no good, better start already before u panick. When I wanted to enrol, no space already. Had to go on waiting list.
 
Celine
they were not willing to invest time in him and let him 'grow'. He's not at pat schhouse. Pat is too ex. He's with mich's gal in the same cc now. At first I didn't even had the intention of sending him to a cc since I'm a sahm.
 
mashy
i was thinking recently. a child can dun have interests in certain areas. but it's the parents' methods of coaching that will bring up the interests. so end of the day, it is the persistance and the right way of doing things. hai.. just wondering what to do to bring up his interests. i am not worried abt chinese currently. he's more frequent in chinese than english
happy.gif
 
mashy, you are talking the chinese teacher who went back to China is it? David and I didn't really like her... I think their current Chinese teacher will be much better.
 
smurfy,
YES so sorry I dunno why I always mix up btw u and mashy! haiyo what happen to my porridge brain! :p

mashy,
yr boy actually can wait one more year to go P1 then u dun have to stress him so hard this year right since he is 2006 baby?
 


mashy
i am just err worried abt his attention span? as u mentioned, if no attention span and persistance, how to excel?

now their generation is not pass. is to excel n shine oredi
sad.gif
 

Back
Top