(2009/08) August 2009 MTBs

Hi guys, havent posted in awhile. I went for the Shichida parent education seminar that day and spotted 1 of the mommies (aug bubs) thre. I cant recall her name but saw her at kindermusik previously also. *WAVEEEE* Please private message me! Probably we can share materials and pointers tgt?
 


piggy,

yup, kyler is fast!
happy.gif
U & yr in-laws are doing a great job!
happy.gif


jul,

could it be the PD is just casually asking u? since most kids are attending playgroup or some sort of classes now?
 
sharon, i thk the teacher called Laffa or Laza she's friendly but she cant handle kids when they disturb her teaching like touching material or stood in front of her...

cos now they r tooddler actually i dun stop jovia for going in front to the teacher during the class.
 
Zen,
actually i tink not me doin a great job la cos i really din do much hahah i tink my HB teach him more things than me lol~~ but i tink my IL r really helpin alot... n it helps alot tt Kyler is keen in learning
happy.gif


Jul,
aiyo u tink too much la if ur PD tink Sam got Autism or wat i tink he wun have ask u to go specialist not classes liao
happy.gif

tink he jus recommending u la dun mean anything?
but most of the enrichment class dun tink so long wor. GUG only 1.5hr leh..
 
Jul,
There are alot actually

Growing up gifted
Kindemusik
Julia grabriel
Happy train
Schicida
Jwt kids gym
Bibinogs
Igenius
Zoophonics
Etc etc
 
babymaking, same here jovia still dunno how to identify his body parts too except head the rest she jz "handam" anyhow point.

if she in gd mood she will repeat after me for ABC up to H & 123 up to 5...but i dun thk she recognise them.

so piggy, i thk kyler is more advance
happy.gif
 
i think sometimes the kids know but they just refuse to speak up.

Like Ethan can say 'apple' when he was younger. But now he simply refuses to say 'apple' now. Even 'mummy' he still refuses to say.
sad.gif
 
zen, piggy

Dun think it's a casual question. he actually asekd me seriously if Sam was going to a playgroup. I said I was thikning abt it, & he said no, bring him to a weekend class. I thought he meant those 1h type, he said not enough! Shd go to a 3h type like Lorna Whiston. I was like.. er.. what's that???

sharon

Thanks for the list. I'll google them. Where got 3h type of class??? I can't imagine him being able to be inside for that long. Aiyoh..
 
zen

Nvm Sam also doesn't call me either
sad.gif


And worse is.. MIL's so tickled by it. keeps saying that he can call Jiejie, Gonggong, Porpor, Papa, Gugu.. but cannot call mummy. I dun see her trying to help at all lor. Everytime he goes near their photos, he'll be pointing out jiejie. She doesn't bother trying to get him to call me. It's all her "own" family. I know I'm bad but I get so upset I feel like slapping her sometimes! Gosh! So this is where Sam gets his violent tendencies!
 
donkeymami,

jovia is also fast! when i asked Ethan to say 'a' he refused. 'B' he'll still say. Then I give up after I kept repeating 'A'. Haha! Numbers he also dun wan to read out. But when the teacher asked him 1 & 2, he can still point out.
 
Jul,

Ethan calls me 'Jie Jie' when my mum asked him who I am! Even though my mum always corrects him, he still calls me 'Jie Jie'. But not in front of me. Cos I always firmly tell him no, it's mummy. So he totally stops calling me. Sometimes I dunno whether to be upset or laugh.
 
zen, jovia can express herself quite well...like when she wan to get the thing from us she will say "na3 na3", if she wan to go down she goes "xia xia"...recently kept raining she can say "xia yu" as well..jz these few days she said "ma yi" cos there was an ant on the floor!
 
DOnkeymami,
hahah i tink partly becos Kyler v talkative.. he like to talk.. when in car he saw alphabet on other car will point n tell me..

Zen,
ya i agree some children they know jus tt they dun wan to say...

Jul,
but if ur PD really tink Sam need extras help or wat he shd ask u go specialist not classes mah?
 
zen

Sam also called me Jiejie for a while!!!!! Then he also stopped calling me! That was abt a month ago. Gosh! The 2 of them parkkat to 气死我们 ah???

And nvm. Sam also dunno what alphabets or numbers. Cannot stay still to even learn. I gave up long ago already haha

piggy

Well I guess thinking that Sam has autism is a bit kuazhang lah. I got over it liao hee. Guess Sam isn't the "serious" type? Or maybe he wants me to go try the classes then feedback to him and based on my feedback, he can tell me whether to go to specialist?

Coz this PD everything also ok, nvm, dun worry.. type. If he actually ask me to bring him to school.. must be need to go I suppose.
 
jul,

did u ask yr PD why go for so long classes? u know lah, ethan is also like sam those v active kind, i already find his 2hr playgroup a little too long for him leh. dun tok abt 3 hrs!
 
donkeymami,

denson only say EEeeee when he see ants, spider n worms...

Up when he needs to stand up or climb up

he cant pronounce fish only "fi", shoes is "sh"

he will Orrrr when we do sth wrong..

Uh-oh when he do sth wrong..
 
Jul,

Sam & Ethan can be buddies. haha! Maybe yr PD is suggesting classes for him so to be more well-behaved. It's for the same reason y I want to send Ethan to daily playgroup. To teach him some classroom rules & to learn to sit still! He's always moving around.

I a bit regretted at first & thot of withdrawing him from class cos he kept crying & simply can't keep still at all. Remember I even asked for suggestions where can I find classes that he can move around instead of sitting down to learn?

Just when I decided to withdraw him & enrol him somewhere else, he stopped crying. I'm v happy that he can sit down to listen & participate in class now. Although not for long. But u know lah, it's an achievement for our kind of kids rite? haha!
 
zen

I didn't ask leh. I was so distracted by Sam's screaming & crying & a bit stunned with his question that I didn't ask. But I baguely remember it's to make him "socialise".. coz we did talk abt stranger anxiety & I told the PD Sam has not prob with all strangers - only some, depending on who it is. Maybe that's why he didn't send me to see specialist?

I also dunno how to do a 3h class!
 
zen

Yeah maybe it's to "soothe" Sam's temper? It's really very strange that he told me to bring Sam to classes *scratch head*

Yup I rem you asking abt "moving ard" classes. It's great that Ethan has settled in
happy.gif


For our type of kids, if they can sit still for 5min, I think we need to give thanks liao! I think better not let Sam & Ethan play together. We might collapse! haha
 
anyway mummies, have u noticed if ur toddler is scare of anything now?

Denson is scared of Cai Shen Ye.. haha even the inflated one at sheng shiong
 
Jul, i also wondering y ur pd suggest that. Maybe he thinks enrichment classes with parents will help him socialize and can encourage parent child bonding. And maybe he think sam not so sociable cos sam cried when seeing him but pd dont know that sam wasnt crying outside.

Shayna calls me mama or mami but calls my husband mama too!! She can say papa but when she wants to call her father she says mama.. Hai.. Haha.

Shayna could point out her body parts (head, ears, eyes, nose, mouth, belly button, hand, leg and backside) but doesnt talk much. Haha.

Piggy, yeah all kids develope differently. Shayna doesnt excel as well verbally but socially wise, she's very well adapted.
 
joyful

Sam is scared of the PD! haha

babys

Maybe I shd ask him again what he means when I see him next mth. Coz Sam will need to go for his 5-in-1 booster, so I can prepare myself mentally. I'm aws very stressed at the DP's coz Sam aws cries. he's been crying since like.. 5 mths old!

I think it's more impt for a child to be sociable than to talk. Sam says clothes, card, car, bread, nana, pear, pleple, jiejie, gonggong, porpor, papa, gugu, gorgor, chair, bag, bird, cat, ... but I wish he's more 'easy'? Haha greedy parent that I am, I don't want him to be 'backward' either. Oh well...

Oh Sam gets confused between jiejie & gorgor too
 
piggy
yeah kyler is really fast, sometimes i wonder if zac really doesn't know or he's just refuse to say it out.

cos i notice that when i give him instructions, sometimes he will obey and sometimes (most of times), he goes and do the direct opposite.

joyful
zac is very scared of this remote control robot toy that i got for him. he loved it so much when we were at the taka toy fair that he kept guesturing me (he's on the pram)to chase it, then when we got home and i inflated it (it's almost same height as him),he runs far far away whenever the robot nears him.

jul
maybe the PD just want to observe/your feedback on how Sam behaves in a social setting. i worry about how zac behaves also, he seems very aloof.
 
Jul,
actually hor i also find 3hr too long leh.. at their age they still need to nap mah... n i dun have the energy for 3hr lesson la keke.. for a start maybe u try 1.5hr lesson first??

BabyS,
ya lo every kids develope differently la as long healthy can le
happy.gif


Zen,
ya at least Ethan adapt v fast n well now.. goin to put Kyler to CC soon also scare he cries alot ... parenting is really not easy...

Joyful,
hahah so cute of Denson i tink becos the Cai Shen ye is big so he scare? if i din bring Kyler to swim for a long time den i bring him swim he will be scare of the water keke...
 
Babymaking,
i tink Zac is capable of sayin also maybe he is jus abit quiet my boi can talk non stop 1..
sumtime we even find him abit noisy..
when he wan sumthing say his train he can repeat train 10times non stop if we dun gave him...
did u bring Zac to any trial class so far?
 
piggy
no trial class so far, but bring him for playdates, he's not very sociable and will not play with other kids.

i am beginning to think he's slow!
 
piggytoh,

u considering zoophonics for kindergarten? i also deciding between cgm, jck & zoophonics. have called cgm & jck. enrollment is next year feb for both. zoophonics twice weekly playgroup classes now full not sure abt the kindergarten.

Pri Sch have decided to put Ethan in the new school near my place. Did you see them constructing now? The site near my place. It's going to be those new age, high-tech learning school.
 
jul

denson loves to go clinic.. specially PD.. cos got alot of toys..

piggy

he saw the man-imposed Cai Shen Ye at coffeeshop.. he was so busy checking out where the Cai Shen walks to.. wen he walk over to our table, he was so scare that he climb out fr his high chair, cling onto mi n cry...
 
Zen,
ya cos go Kindergarten cheaper n i can consider work part time also... actually i wanted to let Kyler go to their weekly classes at JW to see how but hor they only have those from 18mth onwards so end up i go GUG...
actually i am considering JCK also but scare my IL dun like... u say the enrolment is next yr Feb for them? but we suppose to register them this yr rite?

oh i din notice any site near ur house wor.. but hor i got plan to move to west coast so Pri Sch also another headache so shall see how it goes..
 
babymaking

Maybe you're right. It could be that he asked me about whether Sam is attending playgroup for feedback on his behaviour in a group setting. Then since I replied that Sam doesn't go to playgroup, he asked me to try out the weekend class where I can sit in to observe.

piggy

I also find 3h very very long. I asked PD whether he refers to those 1h class, he said it's not long enough - barely warm up then dismissal. He said 3h & I nearly fainted.

zen

Ethan's already gog to daily playgroup right? If he goes to Zoophonics, won't that be less frequent than now?

joyful

Too bad Sam ddoesn't like gog to the PD haha

smurf

Sam's PD is Dr Ong EK
 
Jul,
erm but at their age i do find 3hr too long wor.. but do PD check on tt area? as in ask how they behave in class etc??? nvm la jus start with short duration first?
 
piggy

I really dunno leh. Boohoo.. so blur hor? I also dunno why he asked me that. maybe like babymaking said, he just wanted some feedback on Sam's behaviour lor? Then since he doesn't go to playgroup, I can't provide any? or maybe because he sees Sam cry so much, he means not to start Sam at daily playgroup immediately coz he may freak out, but to slowly ease him in with 3h long weekend session so he can get used to playgroup timing which is also 2-3h?

I very headache now..
 
Jul,
but i thot it easier to start off with shorter duration? actually no need headache la jus find 1 u like let him try first no need to worry abt how many hrs.. cos for Kyler after 1.5hr lesson he look tired le..
 
piggy

I headache coz I'm also looking at pre-nursery for next yr at the same tim.e

Plus I'm really suaku abt all these classes. Luckily sharon gave me a list to slowly look c.
 
Jul
maybe he's just saying that to tell u that it's time to send him for class and not just stay at home as going sch can socialize and learn things ESP for a single child. And the reason for 3 hrs is he will need time to warm up. If too short, by the time warmed up, time to go back. So don't think too much into it. There's nothing wrong with Sam just that it is time to send him to sch to learn things.
 
jul,
How abt trying weekday lessons that are conducted twice a week? Maybe more classes at shorter period can help oso? I honestly think 3hrs is too long for our tots to attend, esp tots like ours, buay si diam one. Even Ovann will get bored in his 1.5hr class, and it's very hard to control him or get him to sit down.

Mummies, how many hrs are nursery conducted? The kindergarten just got back to me that the timing is 8.30-12.30 for am session, and 1 - 5 for pm session. I thot nursery only 3 hrs but this is 4 hrs leh. Or am i wrong? Which timing wld u prefer if u r like me, hve to bring kid by public transport to school everyday yourself?
 
jul,

agreed with mashy, think he just suggest as he think yr kid is of suitable age to attend play group and he think more effective rather than those once a week class lah. If he really think your boy have problem he will say out...
 
Hi hi..
wawa.. i see that many of you are enrolling you kids into classes liao le. I NOT YET LEH!!! how how??? alamak..


speech/skill
My son speech cannot la... my son now only can said ma4ma4 (grandma), ma3ma2, pa3pa2, shoe shoe, tutu, bear bear. the rest cant. than recently, all is ba(bus). he used to can said car now all is ba. alamak..

but his mobile skill is quite good i can say. speech cannot la..

=========================

playgroup in Yishun

any playgroup in yishun?? who staying around north da?
 
Thanks everyone. Maybe i just think too much. But i think it's ridiculous that i have to register before my baby turns 1 for playgroup, 2 for pre-nursery etc. I just can't get over it :p

CELINE

He said DUN go to daily playgroup. N must be parent-accompanied one. Shd be longer than 1h type coz barely have time to warm up then balek kampung liao
 
Pegsfur,
i would prefer 8.30 to 12.30 wor cos i got more time to do my thing but u goin to wait there 4 hr for Ovann???
hmm i saw many kindergarten for pre-nursery (start at 3YO) the duration is ard 2.5 to 3 hr and nursery onwards it 3-4hr depend on the kindergarten..
 
Jul

mayb sam is only hyperactive.
did the doc said anything? cos i didn see all the msg. too many liao le.
 
PEGSFUR

If weekday, i can't accompany him. FIL may not have time to sit in. MIL may be a disruptive influence haha

Maybe ur atas kindy needs more time haha. But i gathered usu 3h
 


SBB

PD din say anything. He asked me some questions abt whether sam attends playgroup n abt his reaction to strangers. I also dunno. Sometimes i shd think less - less stress n headache
 

Back
Top