(2009/07) July 2009 MTBs


I got a ex-midwife to teach my mum and MIL to handle the newborn.

paid $50/trip (abt 3 hr stay)

i tot was quite good cos she shows how we should actually handle my #1.. keke
 
re: basic baby class
i also feel that dummy is quite stupid. bcos dey wun move and guai guai let u do aniting and everiting. wherelse real baby will scream shout move. im sooo afraid of new born baby. i never ever carry a baby before they turn 6 months bcos im too afraid that will b too fragile. my auntie did twist her daughter's neck when she's NB and it scare me even more after tat. i joke to my colleague saying tat if i realli so scare, then dun bath =p

understand tat when im discharge hospital will teach. but too chop chop, scare cannt remb. since u dun bath them 3 times a day, but onli once a dae, hence hard to recall also.
 
RE: Maternity swim wear
DO we need maternity swim wear? I still use my bikini cos only tummy grew alot; breasts 1 cup up and the rest seem not change...

Pprincess, dun worry, whn I was at the Cordlife seminar, I met a bb boy only 2mths and already very sturdy at his neck muscles, who knows yours will be like him? I don't mind if mine is..
 
pprincess,
haha, else if really desperate, try to go visit new mummies and observe their confinement nanny on how to handle bb. 'Borrow' their bb to try... hee....
 
cooking baby rice, I used the thermos to cook them. very easy and simple and dun have to monitor also.

lessons at TMC, parentcraft, are the mummies attending Mrs Wong classes? Any second time mummies attending the class? Actually, i dun really remember alot of it after the lesson. The only thing my hubbby remembers well is the massage she taught.

Recently, I've been having backaches. Been having it since my no 1 but seems to get worse recently. Thought of going for pre-natal yoga but difficult to find a time to travel to go for one. Tried swimming instead, hopefully it helps. Any other remedy?
 
if really afraid.. maybe the reclining netted bath hodler sold at some place will give new mum some peace in mind.. keke ..

if u kanchong.. BB will sure cry.. cos they can sense the feeling of the person handling them
happy.gif
 
pprincess

Mrs Wong recommended lactacyd to bathe bb. So u just need to squeeze a few drops into the bath water. Use the same water to wash hair and body. Face use cool boiled water.
 
lamagier,

some mummies pantang.. does not allow preggy to carry their new born..

hehe I dunno the reasons.. but i think got to do with some luck thingy..
 
Ohyeah, I thought I heard wrongly, I told hubby he is at least 4mths, then I asked the mommy, she said he was 9.5pounds at birth!!! He is so adorable and very intelligent. Did you sign up with them?
 
lamagier
im going for a few full month celebration. mayb time to start interacting wif small babies! hahas

mashy
shall go check out that when its the GSS sales. nw super broke. even if GSS sales isnt that much difference also got abit of discount. thanks for advising!

sunsweet
is bcos dey sae baby xiao qi. so dun let preggy woman carry their NB or visit them they deliver.
but not sure isit scare their baby xiao qi or our baby xiao qi. =p

kimberly
nopes, nobodi helping me. am all alone.
 
Thanks for the Welcome Greetings
happy.gif


pprincess, I am not July MTB as my Edd falls on 22 June... Good to hear that so many MTB stay at CCK, Yew Tee and Bt Panjang. Haha

How are you ladies feeling already? There are quite a number of experience mummies here hor! keke good good good...
 
Hi Sunsweet,
Oh, never realized there also got pantang for pregger ladies carry newborn. Wah, how come like pregger ladies got so much pantang?!?!

I know some say cannot attend wakes and funerals, cannot attend wedding, cannot touch bride's bridal gowns etc etc
 
bestberries, u are so fortunate. I'm quite upset with my hb's friend. We invited his frenz (couple) to our wedding. So now his wedding, he invited us & we agreed. Then suddenly, he asked my hb whether can invite him only after knowing i'm preg. So sad....somemore his wedding is on my bday
sad.gif
 
Jamie,
My bb always sleep during scan too.. so during the detailed scan, she was dozing away with her mouth open that is why no matter how hard my gynae shake her, she simply refuse to move about.. Gynae say to scan her face the next round during my glucose test.. sigh.. 6 hrs before no food, one blood test before the glucose drink then wait 2 more hours for another blood test..

BB bathing: i read in some threads that some do not bath their NB for the 1st two weeks, just use wet cloth /cotton to wash them down cos bb do not really sweat much.

Cooking: i wonder how m i gng to cook for my kid given that my new house be ready when she turn 2plus.. my MIL kitchen is quite small and i oredi dun dare to buy more stuff due to lack of space. She likes to cook brocoli and carrot for my SIL kids every day.. i would wish my kid to have variety in future though brocoli and carrot are healthy too..
 
I oso heard cannot attend wakes...but i'm still my gd friend's wedding in jun but can't be her jiemei this time round. Heard preg lady cannot see the bride during the gatecrash cox we got 4 eyes....dunno why. But will be around during the solemnization and wedding din.
 
eh, my MIL also pantang, i cannot go hospital to visit frend who gave birth, cannot move bed and etc.. my best frend ROM is next month and i really wish to turn up.. haiz.. wonder can just go without telling her..cos dun even know the meaning why cannot attend such events like will the bb be not healthy or not look nice or watsoever..
 
Kimberly,
Wow... 9.5pounds at birth. That's big. I didn't sign up with cordlife... think i will just donate my bb's cordblood to public bank. At least can help to save others.

kittyng,
I actually didn't really want to listen to cordlife's talk...just want to listen other topics. Hehe... and also to get the $10 NTUC voucher...
 
bestberries,
shld be ok to attend weddings... but try to avoid wakes & funerals... that's what my MIL told me. I also thought cannot attend other's BB full mth's shower...?
 
all these pantang,

i think depends on yourself and the opposite party.. keke

I just went to frd's bb shower last week.. i dare not carry the newborn/ other young infant ard though I love to.. so i jsut play with my #1 instead haha..
 
kitty
cannt attend wakes meh? bcos my sis was saeing tat better ask whether qing mnig i can go or not. then i was saeing can de lar. why cannt. cannt b bcos pregnant then even somebodi in the family pass awae u also dun attend right? then she sae her colleague never attend the father funeral lor. then im tinkin, i see thru the whole of my mothers' funeral while im pregnant. jus tat im not aware im pregnant. but all the 7days, 49days, 100days rital all i still go as per normal. i geuss is more of, duno then nevermind. if u know then better dun lor.
 
Hi bestberries,
best check with your friend if your friend mind or not.
I don't mind attending weddings, ROM etc, but I always check with the couple if they have any objections or not. prevent any problems especially if it's their parents who mind.....

mrsC,
My sister was telling me not to go hospital to visit, not because pantang but cos recently papers published a few artickles about superbugs in the hospital. But I still go anyway. If really that contagious, will still get no matter what
 
ohyeah, oso cannot bb's full mth shower mah? I wanted to attend my friend's but fell sick so couldn't attend.

pprincess, i oso dunno leh. My MIL dun allow me to attend wakes...only ask my hb to attend. I blur blur...so jus follow. But i think close kins should be able to ba...
 
kittyng, not sure lei... last mth my hubby's friend invited us to his bb's shower... but we didn't go. Scare pantang...
 
some elders wont come 2 ur hse when u do confinement. they say "dirty".

my PILS never showed up when i was doing confinement after delivering #1.
 
Hi Ester,
Huh? They dun want to see grandchild meh?
My mum & me were always at my sis place whether during her both confinement. Cos help her so she can have some time to rest.
For her #2, I go her place to entertain her #1 and bring #1 out to go play for a few hours so she can have time to bond with #2
 
lamagier,

i tink they r more concerned abt pantang than 2 wan 2 c their grandchild ba.

i dunno if it is true, i always tink our own parents wont pantang. like ur mum and urself.
 
I think own parents dun mind coming to your place during confinement..


but older relatives say cannot.

for my #1 born during CNY.. some of the old folks didn't come to visit my PIL until the full month celebration.

I think they dun come during confiment also good.. already so busy trying to settle the baby where got time to entertain them.. somemore we might not be bathing during confinment.. keke
 
Re: Wakes

When I found out that I could possibly be pregnant, symptoms of nausea and only confirm with pregnancy kit, my grandfather passed away during that week, and the whole time I couldn't attend the wake, the 7 days, or the 49 days. Partially out of respect for my PIL, but my PILs went in my place. It was awkward in the sense I was the eldest fraternal grandchild, so in that sense there's a bit of social hierachy to be observed in the ceremonial rituals.

Anyways, just to find out more, I went to read up on death rituals and customs in Singapore. Generally, females are not highly regarded in the order of rituals (why? can't remember clearly), and also during wakes, there tend to be wandering spirits, and unborn babies, still developing, have weak spirits, so not good to be near a wake. Eventually, I told my mum I'm possibly pregnant, but I can't confirm the condition of the pregnancy until I see the gynae at 8 weeks, turns out I was approx. 5 weeks pregnant then, so she had to speak to my grandma to let her understand. I also don't know to what extent my PILs mind, but if they didn't want my hubby and I to go, got no choice also, it's their grandchild too.

As for weddings, when I did my wedding, I heard about preggers shouldn't "clash" with the wedding couple. So 2 weeks ago, my hubby got an invitation from a colleague who attended ours, I asked him to inquire first. Sometimes the couple may not mind, but the older folks do, depending on whether they are pantang a not. Marriage, union, and forming families are joyous things lar, why preggers should avoid really beats me.
 
weddings
oh i thought its the other way round. i didnt know we're not welcome. maybe our force field to powerful ? heh heh. i'm attending wedding dinner only. so should be ok right.

bb shower
oh yes, got a bb shower to attend this sun too. this also cannot ? is it we're not welcome or we shouldnt go ?
 
Anyone attending Dumex's "Your Child's Immunity Development" seminar this sat? I got spammed by their mailing list so much that I didn't read the newsletter on the seminar, only saw it on Monday's tv advertisement, in the end missed the deadline. http://www.dumex.com.sg/whats_new_2009/article/2009_Your_Child_Immunity_Development

But seeing the outcome of the abbott seminar, haha missed I also don't mind so much, cos the queue looks horrible, and standing in queues for too long these days make me giddy and faint.
 
yes, some of the older generations are quite pantang. even same generation also.

for my no 1, a few of my aunties stay away even on my full month. my granny does come to my place though, as hainanese believe in "bu du" during the 12th day after birth.

yes, agree with sunsweet. during confinement, we need rest. with visitors around, might not have time to rest.
 
hehe

jts... the taka card member sale got again tomorrw and this sat! so those who missed out can go then... i just found out today when i went down to collect my diapers. :p
 
Princess, esther,
thanks for the info for prenatal massages. you babes really have evrything at your fingertips! i've barely even started hahaha.. i better buck up
happy.gif


ya, my mom is refusing to let me go for qing ming visits as well. oh well.. i am starting the first of my many struggles with mom of the things a preg woman can or cannot do already! keke..
 
HBB, Mashy, Princess..

wow.. i think its really gonna be boring den since so many of u agreed tat it is boring during detailed scan... =(
haha..tat means its like jus normal scan jus tat now u noe certain 'measurements' of yr bb?..=D


Sherryl,
yea.. im having my checkup at Mount E... hey, maybe we cld arrange the same appt date next time round n meet up dere! keke.. wen's yr next appt? mine is on next next Mon(30.03.09)...


ladies, i always get a shock when i log on after work each day.. cos the amount u all can post is... ALOT!!!..hahaha
 
Jeslyn,

My appointment for detailed scan will be 23rd Mar,next mon,while yours is the mon after next..
No chance to meet up already *sad*

But never mind,like what u say,maybe we can arrange for the next check up at the same date.
Normally I will fix my appointment on a Sat,will it be ok for u?


Ur check up will be at Mount E clinic everytime u go right?
If so,I will let u know the date for the next check up after my Mon appointment,so that on the 30th Mar when u go for yours,can arrange the same as mine..hee
 
yaya.. no prob!! same here, i always fix mine on Sats too!!

yup, everytime i'll go to Mt E for the checkups.. okok.. tats good, u let me noe when's yr next appt.. i'll try my best to arrange it the same day as u!! =D


*so excited!
 
jeslyn
i dun tink they will tell u 1 by 1 on the measurement cos to us its jus figures which we wun know normal anot.. unless we r train to read those reports
its all printed in the report then shown to the gynae
 
went for my check up today cos i having fever again

baby now 800g... and suddenly i am in week 26 (i tot week 25??) duno why the difference leh... i tink the computer go by size AGAIN???
gained 1.2kg for the past 4 weeks... not much diff I guess... glad bb is ok as i was telling gynae not much movement.. but can see her heart beat v strong in thr and wavign at us...
nottie baby gave me a scare haha
 
Went to the Robinson Expo Sales today. Baby stuffs are very limited. Only managed to buy some cheap clothing (all white, no prints, non-branded, material not very soft) for baby, 3 for $10. But I think nevermind lah, these clothing will keep washing and changing after baby vomits each time.
 
esther, my multi-layer steamer is a free gift, hehehe, but very useful. another suggestion is slow cooker, i just dump rice, cauliflower, chicken drumstick or pork rib, carrots, and a ikan billis cube in the morning and by afternoon when i come home the food is ready. it may take a few hours, but if r at home, at least u can control how thick or watery u want ur porridge to be.

mommies please share some simple easy to make recipe u cook for u kids leh. sometime i also cracking my head wat to cook for my fussy #1.
 
Went to the Robinson Expo Sales today. Baby stuffs are very limited. Only managed to buy some cheap clothing (all white, no prints, non-branded, material not very soft) for baby, 3 for $10. But I think nevermind lah, these clothing will keep washing and changing after baby vomits each time.
 
HBB, u shld be feeling relieved n happier after seeing yr gal just now. Meanwhile, do drink more water n get plenty of rest since u r runnning a fever.

Esther & ppprincess, can share mdm sadiah contact no? i would like to find out more from her abt her package for post natal massage.

Sunsweet & 2nd time mummies, I am intending to send my #1 to childcare after my confinement. My mum will take care of y bb gal. Will be able to help monitor him then. But, he loves his sch now. Its a 3.5 hrs programme. He cried e other day when hubby told him abt his new sch. We drove past and saw the childcare centre we r intending to send him. He told us not to change his sch n he doesnt want the change. Sigh! Guess it be a big headache!
 


Princesss
Ur mdm sadiah become hot cake after your intro!!! And if u find a gd way for bathing babies, do share hor... im jst as green and same like u, no MIL or mum around to help me coz all busy during the period...wahahahahahaha Poor baby then will have to suffer under the hands of inexperience mama bathing technique!!! kakakakaka.. but im sure can be fun too...

Princess, since quite a few mummies in yew tee oredi, wan arrange for some gathering???

Peanut
I was at expo robinson.. U r so rite!!! nothing for bb stuff.. u still manage get bb clothes?? I only score 2 pair of mittons cost at $5.20 for both.. kakakakakakkakka..
 

Back
Top