(2009/07) July 2009 MTBs

Hi Candice,

I see..so u actually made the appt to meet her quite early..my pregnancy was only confirmed on 5 Dec by GP.

oh u r going OSCAR test on the same day u r visiting Dr Wong.Do u have any idea how long the OSCAR test will take? I wanted to do it on 17 Jan but the nurse said that I will have to do the test in morning before seeing doc, which I am not too comfortable with. Prefer to do it after seeing the doc so I have more details on the test.So in the end, hv to make 2 separate trips on 17 Jan to see doc and 19 Jan for the OSCAR test.Prefer on the same say actually...

Yeah, were u recommended to Dr Wong by your friend? I think our EDD Is quite close too!
happy.gif

hihi,
how's everyone?
i am happy to report tat my MS is over
happy.gif

now can eat n eat liao
2039918.gif

re: bb's gender.
i am carrying a ger again
happy.gif

gynea said it is 80% comfirm.
with #1, it was 99.9% wor. dun know why we always find out the gender at such early stage.
both were during oscar test.

Preciousthots,
Oscar test may take 5 mins or an hour. depending on your bb.
my #1 took abt 45 mins coz she kept dancing in my tummy. we were unable to do the measurement accurately.
this #2, 5 mins...done!
happy.gif

mbb2
congrats finaly ur MS is over!!
wow u havign another princess!!! luck y u can find out so early
hope I can find out my bb gender at my nxt visit...

im entering 15 weeks tomolo and im still puking on n off sigh

precioustthots

That's a very long wait. I thought usually if they know you're preg, they'll schedule u earlier? Coz to wait till 12 weeks is a bit late leh. It's better to see a bit earlier than that in case of ectopic. Your 1st trimester is already over. Dunno whether still in time for OSCAR even if you're doing it. Maybe u should call again and see if can schedule earlier. If not, why not change a gynae? THere's so many ard.

mbb2,thanks for the oscar info..congrats that ur MS is over! must be such a relief..wow, i din know it's possible to find out abt baby's gender during oscar test. which pregnancy week did u do ur oscar?

Mashy, i did tell the nurse abt my pregnancy and it's my first baby when i first called to make appt but apparently doc was on leave 2 weeks in dec so appt were being pushed back. schedule for first visit and subsequent visits r different coz she said first one usually takes > time. I called several times but different nurse said appt fully booked
sad.gif
I will continue to call and see if there is any cancellation. actually i did visit another random gynae on 12 Dec just to confirm the baby heartbeat..so the next visit to see Dr Wong is abt 5 weeks..am in my 13th week for the date i m scheduled to do OSCAR and the nurse says it's still fine as OSCAR needs to be done btw 11-14 weeks.Shd be fine rite?

Sheryl, nurse fr TMC called me yest abt my blood test results. Said i'm in low risks, nothing much
happy.gif

mbb2, so envious that your ms is over
happy.gif
and you oso know the gender of your bb. Congrats!

precious, I tried before the wrist band for my #1, actually I tried everything, does not work.

oscar, i think if you do at TMC, with the FBI card, you get a discount right? Me going for OSCAR 2 weeks from now.

Gender, usually if boy will confirm earlier. I got to know the gender during OSCAR test I think, but mine was a girl.

mbb2, so good, no more MS, i still riding it out, hopefully by CNY will be better.

Stretched mark, after delivery will be very very obvious, especially the tummy area because baby out, the skin will be very lose and flabby. After a while the mark will lighten.

preciousthots

Personally I won't feel good abt seeing a dr who can only see me in the 2nd trimester. It's like she doesn't really care if there's any complications. Esp for first bb. I will just change gynae. Since it's your first bb, why not change to someone else?

U can go next door. My gynae is there. Dr Eunice Chua. But coz it's already in early Jan, not sure what's the earliest appt u can get. I managed to secure an appt 1 week after i got BFP coz i had spotting.

LS
I took fish oil as recommended by my gynae. Its supposed to help in the development of bb brain. The brand of my fish oil is under Nature Care - Natal Care TriPlus.

Mashy,
I didnt know abt e dong cong cao. I took once or twice in my first trimster coz was having veri bad cough. Heard its supposed to help in my cough. Shit manz! Hope bb is well... no pt worrying since I have already taken. Btw, anything in particular that we need to avoid in our 2nd trimster?

HBB, mi too. My MS not completely over. I am still puking at times, though not as often as before. Btw, when is yr nxt visit to chk on bb gender?

mbb2, congrats! u were so lucky to know e gender during yr oscar test.
happy.gif

kittyng, congrats! did yr nurse tells u e results of yr routine blood tests (to chk for hiv and thasmala) too?

Hi sheryl, i already done my hiv and thalassaemia screen a mth ago
happy.gif
So glad that there will no more drawing of blood.

mbb2, envy... my MS still lingering around. wonder when it will be over.

today i went to see my gynae. didnt manage to see the gender yet. he said still early, but think he tried to scan n cannot see. He managed to scan and see the face of baby directly. so cute. can see the skull n the shape of the eyes. baby is 8.5 cm today @ week 14 day 4.

Hi Preciousthots,

U are right - Dr Jocelyn Wong was on 2 weeks' leave which explains why her appointments were all pushed back. U could have asked the nurse to assign you any available gynae to check on you first. In ACJ Clinic, there's also 2 more gynaes who are not bad-Adrian (Senior) & Caroline Khi.

But at least you have already seen another gynae to check on bb's heartbeat, so I guess its quite ok too. Did that gynae took any scan for u too?

On my 2nd appt, my gynae recommended me to take the OSCAR test on my 3rd appt, so I will go take OSCAR test in the morning before seeing her for the scan. As for u,I think you are right in making the decision to see ur bb's scan to make urself feel assured first. Then come again for the OSCAR test.

How u feelin in ur 1st trimester? any MS?

Hi all mums-to-be,
When do you sign up for the gynae package?My clinic nurse recommended me to sign up after 1st trimester cuz at least confirmed the bb is stable first. If not lu-gi the package. I am now paying at every individual sessions.

sheryl my nxt appt is 15th jan hee
the doc no say by then can se gender leh.. mayb kkh dun realy bother? haa but i hope can see lar haha

Hi Candice,

My clinic nurse told me to sign up for the package in my next visit which is my 16th week so that it be effective immediately. My package start from Week 20 onwards but if i'm stable i can start from week 16 onwards thus do not have to pay the individual visits. Think i'm going to start from my next visit.

Didnt know oscar test can see the gender, maybe mine was scan early (12 week) thus not able to see..only manage to see my bb sleeping at the base with legs stretch out..maybe the position make it difficult to see..

mrsc
tat time my bb was either sleeping or not moving inside during oscar scan
the sonar lady ask mi to giv a cough to 'wake' the little one up..mayb nxt rnd u can try hee see can make little one open the legs anot hahaaaa
but she say mine too small to see gender at tat time

I signed up for package on my second visit, both pregnancy also the same. About 7 weeks into pregnancy.

The amazing thing is that, during my last scan, can already seen baby head, hand and feet, even moving. My #1, throughout the whole pregnancy during scan, she was simply just sleeping. But once out, super active and always on the move. #2 already moving so actively I cant imagine next time more active than the sister. Cham.

Yeah MrsC and HBB, my bb oso sleeping comfortably when i did my oscar test in 12th week. So cannot see anything yet.

HBB, keep us updated on your bb's gender k. Hope can see in next visit
happy.gif
I heard 16th week can detect liao.

Hi Candice,

Yes, the other gynae did a scan for me too..what u proposed was a good idea but it's a pity I didn't think abt it at that point when I called to make appt as I did not know who were the other docs in that clinic.

I have bad MS the whole day so feel quite bad actually..and I also feel very tired very easily. How abt u?

Dr Wong has package from week 12 or week 20 right? I will likely take the one from week 12. Did you apply for the TMC First Born Incentive scheme?I thought that was quite worth it so would be applying.

Hi Preciousthots,

You can try this email [email protected] if you want to write to Dr Joycelyn Wong.

Though Dr Wong’s schedule is packed and the waiting time is long, I personally feel that it is worth waiting. She is a very good gynae. First appt normally you will need to wait for quite long but subsequent visits should be easier to book.
happy.gif

Hi Beverly,

thanks for Dr Wong's email add. Yeah I heard many good comments abt her so that's why still waiting to meet her. Saw that you are expecting twins..congrats!!!

Mashy, thanks for recommending your gynae too
happy.gif

Preciousthots,

No problem.
happy.gif

Ya, I'm expecting twins and that's why I might not be able to deliver at TMC under Dr Wong's care. Dr Wong actually warned me for the higher medical bills for twins and advised me to give birth in KKH to save $$$. Never see such a good gynae before :p
Anyway, I'm still seeing Dr Wong to play safe and at the same time seeing another gynae in KKH just in case I need to deliver at KKH.

sheryl

actually for cough, u also shouldn't be taking dong cong cao even if you're not preg. Should only take after ur cough is healed. Know this coz my boy is prone to bronchitis and that's what the chinese sinseh said. Dong Cong Cao is a 'bu' herb, that's why cannot take in 1st trimester. Same theory goes for ginseng, bird's nest etc.

Hi mashy,
Can change my EDD to 9 July? Everytime I went to scan, the scan always show earlier date brought forward everytime.I also don't know why? Anyway just estimate also lah.
But I do believe working mother tends to deliver earlier.Maybe due to too much walking ard. My 1st preg I delivered at 36 weeks!

Went for OSCAR test in Dr Ang's clinic on fri. Neck distance measures 0.17cm which he said normal. Next appt 30 jan then can sign package. Hope can see gender by then.
The oscar test and blood test costs me $246.10.

Anyone got good confinement nanny to recommend? Heard malaysian nanny cheaper.

So what are the tonic we shd take during first trimester? My first pregnancy I didn't really "bu" much. And I think I didn't take any tonic during my 1st trimester that time too_Only folate acid and multi-vits.

Or we just drink bird nest and pure chicken essence only?

poshicon
\normaly 1st tri dun take any tonic
cos everythg not stablise yet.
jus double boil chicken with some ginger juice(to get rid of smell)and drink the essence will b good enuff the tonic can start taking after 1st trimester...

my gf who is from HK just told mi not to take too much ginseng stuff either even in 2nd and 3rd tri cos she said they believe those herbs make us very energetic, and baby will b too active inside causing the umbrilical cord to go round their neck.

not sure how true.. but worth mentioning I guess

Thanks for the info. Me being second time mum still so clueless on such things. Even my mum also!Tat's y I didn't really 'bu' at all last time. My gal came out didn't got asthma, bronchitis etc. And I also didn't put on much weight either. Sounds like the more tonic u take, the baby may hv more prob!

The past 3 visits to the gynae, my wt dropped from 55.9 to 55.7kg. The nurse even say she rem last time I'm not like tis thin le!

Maybe due to MS and always feel sickly, tat's y lose wt bah!

poshicon i guess many pplt ot bu is good hee.. my mumalso tink so but i refuse to take any tonic.

it ink its normal to lose weight in 1st tri.
diff pregnancy always diff. so cant compare w ur previous hee.. anyway is onli 200g difference. sometimes itink the type of clothes we wear make a difference in the weight taken also

Ya I think so 1st tri is like tat cos still hv ms.
This preg I really can't stand feeling nausea all day long, not like last preg got mood to eat anything.

Hi Preciousthots,

I havn't decide whether to take the package at which stage, but guess once the baby is stable, I will sign up bah.

I agree that Dr Jocelyn Wong is really good and patient. Did not regret choosing her as my gynae.

And what's 'TMC First Born Incentive scheme'? I am not sure about it.

As for my MS, on and off lor. Generally still manageable. Only vomitted once or twice. Juz the nauseousness, heartburn and the indigestion after meals got me really unwell..Surprisingly I am still ok at my 9th week this week.keep fingers crossed.

Think my oscar test cost the most, had another blood test for anemia, hep b, etc + consultation + oscar + norm vit/calcium/folic cost me 700+. My hb eye nearly pop out..hah but cant change gynae now..

Btw, did anyone heard that preggy mummies cannot raise hands too high or stretch hands in the air? MIL said not good cos will have mark on bb ..didnt knew about it, have done it few times to take things from cupboard. ..

mrsc
wah 700+? omg

anyway my friend did tel mi dun stretch hand too high during initial part of pregnancy but the theory was scare we stretch too hard and the egg get detached fr womb resulting in m/c

Candice,

realized you do not accept private message..what's your email add? I can email you the details of 'TMC First Born Incentive scheme'.

how does heartburn feels like? i don have indigestion issue but have the nauseous feel almost the whole day, esp when there are strong smell or fragrances..really hope it goes away soon.

thanks gals for the info on tonics. i didnt know n was asked to take by my mil. now must be more careful since in my second trimster already. so any particular tonics that i should avoid? is it also true that we should avoid cold drinks?

hbb, u update us again on e gender k? i will be able to know bb gender during my next visit on 23/01... looking forward.
happy.gif
hope bb will be guai guai n let us see the gender.

poshicon, just wondering if the cost of yr oscar n blood test is it excluding dr ang's consultation n the vitamins you took?

MrsC,
I never heard about the cnnot raise hand thing. Think prob old folks tale bah. Cos many people go for prenatal yoga, need to stretch here and there.

I just went gym yesterday, do assisted pull up, lift weights etc. Already stretch many times. Been going to the gym regularly. Let you know if baby have have any marks end July =p

re: Weight gain
Yippee! I finally regain my appetite after down with flu for more than a week! But now comes the dreaded weight gain part... Have to control and watch my food intake... My family girls all tend towards medium to large size...

Anyone gain weight liao? I'm now at pre-pregnacy after my bout of flu....

Hello mummies-to-be, can i join? I'm entering week 13th now, still puking on and off.
sad.gif

MrsC, my mum also said the same thing, cannot raise hand too high. But I din ask why because I still do it everyday...haha

Hi Mashy, my info. Thks.
Nick: Yen2007
Birth Order: #2
Gynae: Dr Lawrence Ang
Hospital: TMC/Mt.A (haven't decide)
EDD: 12 July 09

Hi ladies! Am finally back from vacation in Thailand - everything went well, train journey, flight and all. Got a bit tired at times but in general, still felt pretty good during the trip.

It's so cool to see how everyone is progressing here, the thread moves quickly! I had my last gynae appt on 31 Dec, baby is 3.88cm long now. The doc talked to me about the Oscar test. Before that, I knew he would discuss it with me and I wasn't sure if I would do the test. But that morning, when he mentioned making the appointment, I knew instinctively that I did not want to do the test at all. Come what may, I will still have and love this baby completely. The detailed scan will help me prepare for any complications if they do crop up.

My gynae prescribed Ganilia multi-vitamins for me. Supposed to start taking at 13wks (am at 11wks now). It has DHA oils, calcium, folic acid and iron meant specially for preggies. One jar (lasts one month) cost me $42. Just in case any of you ladies is still shopping around for multi-vits.

My next scan/visit is in 5 wks, in Feb. Seems so far away!

Hi sheryl,

I total paid $321 tat day include oscar,blood test,consultation, prenatvit, and scan.Didn't take the fish oil cos think of buy from outside maybe cheaper. The price I mentioned earlier is only oscar and blood test for other mummies info.

Welcome yen,
We share the same gynae, and u also baby #2. Yr 1st baby boy or gal? Did u went for oscar test too?
I'm also ms not over yet. Worse now got ear block! Recovered fr cough and flu but sudden ear block starts, maybe too much mucous inside.
When ur next visit? Me 30 jan evening. Do update us if u also manage to know the gender!

Wow, din realise the thread was moving so fast over the festive season. Trying to catch up.

HBB,
Thanks for replying my queries. Isn't too troublesome that once we applied, have to bath a second time? Before bathing, we have to wait for body to absorb 1st..sure alot of hard work to prevent stretchmarks. Heehe...

katherine
actualy not much of trouble
jus rinse off no need apply soap one
if u r ok w it on ur body and dun rinse.. its fine too
but cos i dun like to sleep in aircon so i cant let it stick on my body...

Hi poshicon,
Same as you... my EDD is pushed forward every visit. Bt, i didnt ask Dr Ang abt e earlier visit.

I was wondering earlier why you paid so little.... thought its inclusive of everything. hee! i paid $160 during my last visit...including consultation, scan, blood test, prevnativit n fish oil. i decided to do oscar one week later. Bt was referred to do it at TMC by Dr Ang due to bb's neck thickness. Paid $430 for the oscar n detailed scan pacakge at TMC.

Welcome Ester! Let mashy knows ur EDD too. She can update here.

Katherine,
I used the oil without rinsing it. It's fine with me. Actually it does not absorb very well, will still hv strong smell on our abdomen.But I still like the smell.

Sheryl,
So ur $430 will include the 5th month detail FA scan is it? Or else it's really ex le!Last time I rem paid TMC the detail FA scan there.What brand fish oil he give u and how much? I want to check it outside if selling cheaper.Thanks!

hello all,

EDD update: 20 Jul 09

going for my scan tomorrow.. humm hope everything goes on fine..

i'm a little worried cos this 1st tri i had flu, the bad MS, then last week my #1 pass some stomach flu germs to me and I was puking whole day.. hopefully the little one is not affected by the medication I've taken.

MS is slowly dissappearing but i shan't say too soon in case it decide to day on some days.. but hopefully this yucky feeling will go away very soon..

currently at 12th Weeks. some mummies dedected gender of baby already? wow that's fast.. I'm keen to know my Lil BB's gender too.. keke

Hi mummies, me just back from my gynae appt...had my blood test done..im in my 12 weeks now and my MS is really bad since last week...hope this peak will end soon!! I'm puking at odd hours...lost 3kgs becoz of this....gynae said its ok, the more you puke, the better...but sometimes the nausea feeling is really buay tahan!no particular food cravings yet but watever i eat, I make sure its super spicy!

Cool and congrats to those mummies who already know the gender! hmm..my gynae said perhaps by next appt he can tell me the gender which is abt a month's time..hmmm...

Back