(2009/07) July 2009 MTBs

lamagier, oh dear...hugs to you too...am logging in after awhile too...

rest of the mummies... - well im coping better now, at least am one stage better than lamagier as i did not even get to see /hear my baby's heartbeat...yup I also have a preggy mom in my unit and just hid the whole news from her as she is a 1st time mummy going into her 4th mth now..

my closest colleagues do know wat happened coz i had to tell them in case am emotionally down during that period...kinda helped coz they were extra cautious and even blessed as one of them sent me flowers and a cute teddy to comfort me when she left for a holiday...

at least my lil one at home now is taking up most of my time and need to keep up with is latest 'super active' persona!

blessed,
*Hug* Same here. So thankful for my precious little monkey. Makes me appreciate her so much more. Jia you =)

Had to go brush my teeth for a really long time during lunch to hide from birth & baby talk around. Now I have a splitting headache. Waiting for painkiller to take effect

blessed/ lamagier, so sorry to hear the sad news. be strong ok....I had similar experience before... which almost lead me to severe depression..., I gave birth to a perfect baby girl (my first one) and even manage to breastfeed for 1 night. The following day she got to go to NICU and went for open heart surgery. She didn't survive and passed away on the third day. She looks so perfect in naked eye and doc couldn't detect anything during the pregnancy. It was 7 yrs ago. Till today, I still can feel the pain. But yes, after the birth of my second child, my pain was 'healed' a little bit. In this kind of situation, your hb plays an important part. Try to share with him your pain (don't need to share with your col if you're not ready) as he must be sad too. Friends helped me a lot during that time. Even my church friends were collecting money for the surgery which cost 40k. I can say it's very traumatic experience and time will help to heal. Every now and then whenever I see a primary school girl, it brings back the memory...
Every child that are born to this world is blessed ones. Now that I have 3 perfect kids, I know I'm a very blessed mum.
Cheers!

teethbrushing
i got big problem brushing edna teeth
she onli allow me to brush the lower one but not the upp one... how ah?wait the upp row of teeth rot n stain how?

Twinkle
She's only 8.9kg when weighed at end of dec. Super light right considering she's one of the oldest here.

Hbb
She dislikes brushing top teeth too. Always make a lot of sound. She only allows us to use finger brush. N I always hv to make a quick sweep across the top front teeth n make the funny noises she makes together with her to distract her

Etirto,
It's must have been so devastating and heartbreaking for you and husband. So glad for you that now have 3 lovely N surrounding you

bbethan
weird rite? she enjoy the lower row.. she will anyhow brush herself also hahaa if this goes on v soon she will have toothdecay!

Maybe becos the lips will need to stretch up to the nose which is a bit uncomfortable? I also don't know why. Even Ethan also don't like.

lamagier - hope u're feeling better. i know its hard to accept a loss. maybe it helps to speak, i mean, directly talk face to face and not forum like this, to someone who's had a m/c before. i had a m/c too a few years back. and if it helps, i went for FET last year and didnt succeed. strange feeling when i tested negative, cos how can you feel a "loss" when you've never "had it" in the 1st place. anyhow, long story short, if you need to talk to somebody, can email me.

Bestberries.
I'm so sorry. Hope you'll get positive news the next time you try. Or better, get +ve news without FET =)

Feeling a lot better now, thanks to chiyojade and other mummies here who let me vent here =)It really helped to have someone to listen/read, allow you to cry without cutting you off halfway to tell you to stay positive.

I'm really thankful to all the mummies here who offered help and listening ears. (*hugs*)

Lamagier n all ttc mummies
2011 will sure be a better yr to come. More baby rabbits n dragons coming the way!!! Jiayou!!!

And all preggy mummies once again
Congrats and a smooth 9 months ahead!

Found this website that has nice printouts for mini classroom activities with toddlers & older kids.
http://homeschoolcreations.blogspot.com/

Anyone's kid's going thru premature terrible twos and trying to exercise their rights on you?
MR has been trying to delay bedtime by acting cute, gigging and making us elt and play with her. Then sunday, she tried to bang down the bedroom door, till we open it. Then run over to the washing machine in the kitchen (furthest point from her bed), insisted the husband carry her up and let her sit on it and refused to get down. (*sigh*)

Just s depressing note. I had colleagues ask me to loan them breast pumps, sterilizer, cot mobiles etc. And I somehow have this sickness that I don't say "no" to people. And yesterday I finally figured out why I got upset. They are asking me for things for their babies, things which were set aside for my own lost baby. And one of the guy does know I had a miscarriage.

Lamagier
I hope I don't aggravate yr unhappiness. How about telling them direct that you r planning for a 2nd baby and may need the items anytime?

A is already going thru the terrible twos stage!
She can roll on the floor and cries when she doesn't get things she wants. N nowadays she takes almost an hr to fall asleep. Keep getting up and down her bed, walking around the room, trying to lure her brother to play with her instead of sleeping, before she finally gets tired and go to bed. Sometimes I just hv to take the cane out n threaten her just to make lie down on the bed. N when it comes to mealtime, she insists on feeding herself. When we tries to feed her, she gets angry, throw the spoon aside, turn her face away from us and refuse to eat. These r just some of the things she tries to test our patience.

Thanks mummies. I'll compose myself first, then go tell them all to go buy the stuff themselves.

Bbethan,
Oh no. I'll be pulling out my hair soon then.

The search for acitvities for kids is so additive and there's just so many things you can DIY =p I told the husband I'm going to buy a laminating machine to do up games and toys and he just laughed in my face

Agree with you. Everything also want to do. N I am also thinking of getting a laminating machine. But think only and so far no actions. Everyday, I just go to sleep together with them. Weekend busy catching up with housework.

BbEthan,
hands up! same here, but the going-to-sleep requires me to get to bed too so that she knows no one is going to be up entertaining her in the room. I wake up and I find books and stuffed animals on the floor and bed. Every meal is kinda a pain cos she only wants to eat what she likes in her bowl and I don't think a lot goes into her when she self-feeds.

I did see an A3 size laminator at Giant one time. I got an A4 one, and bigger seems more convenient with bigger sized projects but I didn't check out A3 laminating pouches to see if it's worthwhile. Yar, it takes time to cut up the projects, put in the pouches, and laminate already, have to cut again... really need to find time to get it done without dealing with whining for attention.

Lamagier
Dun lend them! So insensitive! Humpf!

I gt a laminating machine
Been utilizing it to the max! U Sld get 1 too!

Edna been having terrible 2 syndrome for the longest time! And. Dn give in to her! At most I carry her! Most of the time. Leave her to cry.. Aft sometimes she stop n come over ask for a hug and things b alright...

She is now either down w food poisoning or stomach flu... LS 12 times yesterday and 4 times today! Super cranky n nt much appetite! Having mild fever now!

lamagier
last nite she pooed in her sleep and soak herself in poo! lucky i check on her when she cried else i tink i will have to throw away the mattress!!! i ende dup bathing her at 12 midnite! today she pooed once so consider stop already I guess thou poo still abit watery!

TJE
i think ur friend is really worth praising! esp when the trip cost her quite a bit of money.her selfless-ness prevented u girls from the risk of being infected! i hope u got her loads of gifts yea! =D

Cny and having my fair share of gatherings. And already have well-meaning relatives trying to strike up conversation by asking me when i'm going to have my next child. I have this perverse urge to tell them i just miscarried a month ago and see how they try to make the atmosphere joyous & festive again. But of course i don't. I just bite my tounge,laugh and give some random reply.

I'm much better than last month. Just the occassional down moments and need a black hole to yell into

that's the reason i never ask people when they are having family planning or having next child (unless they ask me first). You never know what's the real reason behind. And might end up hurting them.

when you have 2-3 kids of same gender, people will start asking when you trying for opposite gender. is forever non-stop.

Tje,
haha. My gynae told me to wait for 2 periods first =p.

Twinkle,
Yah. People need to find other conversation starters other than "when having a kid/next kid/getting married/get a girlfriend or boyfriend"

Twinkle
U r right! It's never ending. Even with 2 children of different gender, ppl r still asking if i'm planning to have another one.

Lamagier
Jiayou Jiayou... I m sure u will get over all hurdles!

It had been wet wet days recently... So many things left undone.

Bbethan,
Yah. My huge load of laundry is hanging indoors. Everything just is cold and damp... Sigh. Waiting for a huge dose of sunshine to come dry them

Lamagier - do take care
happy.gif
if you have people asking or telling you that you should have another baby, maybe you should just say 'yes hubby and I are trying very hard now, having sex a lot! Will let you know when we are pregnant! Thank you and byebye'
maybe then they will be speechless and say nothing more! :p

I hope that the reunion dinners, restaurants & homes to visit will not have infectious people with the flu!
I keep hearing people with their phlegmy coughs everywhere!
Even my patients come sick with flu - we have the right to turn them away, but rather than get stuck wasting time bargaining with them why they should or should not be seen -in the end, my nurse and I just work super fast & do a super quick adjustment, scolding/educating them at the same time & chase them out!
Do not visit your dentist when you are sick - you will not be cooperative to keep your mouth open long enough & every time you cough while we are peering into your mouth, we get nice fresh germ droplets to breathe in! The mask barely helps!

Creative Hands at harbourfront having moving out sales. Crayola items at 20% off. There's also modelling clay etc and kitchen wares and bake wares on sales

Wishing all muumies and your families a happy, healthy and prosperous Year of the Rabbit.

Thank you all for the support and words of encouragement. Big hugs tp all of you

Lamagier/Muffingal, yeah, my hb had always respond jokingly in the same manner..."yeah, we will try again harder tonight". hehehehe...but anyway, that are all classic pick up conversation that shouldn't really bother you so much. I think now the topic about baby has become a sensitive issue to you, but always encourage positive thinking (like..afterall your friend/col are care about you that's y they're asking...).Sounds like bit bull**** but it's better than always think about the negative side. Try to focus more on something that you like, such as photography. I know it's hard and easier to say. but we know that women has to go through all these and we can make it. Jia You! Happy CNY everyone!

Hi mummies
Happy bunny new year !
This thread so quiet once again? How's everyone?

Mummies with girls
Are u all using shampoo n conditioners for yr girls? I m still using head to toe wash. Nowadays her hair gets entangled easily. Any good shampoos n conditioners to recommend?

bbethan
stacia's using sebamed & it works fine without conditioner, won't entangle after wash. She'd have entangled hair too but that's when she's not sleeping well (turning her head left & right) & that makes her head/hair rubbing the pillow.. so for me, it's very easy to know the next day whether she had a good sleep or not the night b4 hehe.. hmm, i think A's hair is quite fine too so mild baby shampoo w/o conditioner might work on her as well..

Ok... Will give CB conditioner a try. Her hair gets all messy n entangled up when she sweat! V tempted to cut short with the coming hot weather.

anyone wants to go orchard tomorrow morning say abt 10 am ? i'm bringing my kids there to run some errands, then dont know what to do after that. anyone wants to loiter with me ?

Hi folks! Hope all having a good Monday. Happy V day!
Wanna share happy news - I'm pregnant, wasn't planned - just hit 13 weeks.
TJE, Linsu & I went on a bkk trip in mid Jan. When we booked the trip, there were 3 unpregnant ladies (or at least didn't know they were pregnant). When we went on the trip, Linsu & I were in early pregnancy. TJE was stressed cos she was the only non-pregnant one and did not want anything to happen to us. Thanks TJE! Muacks!

Hi Mommies,
In desperate need for a pedicure, any recommendation for a nail spa (and manicurist) in katong/marine parade area... Been committing one of the worst fashion peeve for too long; sandals without pedicure ;)

Back