(2009/06) June 2009 MTBs

Hi all,
Pls vote for us in both categories!!
happy.gif

My Little Celestia Tan
http://www.mumcentre.com/index.php?option=com_rsgallery2&Itemid=0&page=vote&catid=2594&picid=

Our Family
Celestia Tan
http://www.mumcentre.com/index.php?option=com_rsgallery2&Itemid=0&page=vote&catid=2597&picid=

hi,

Can anyone feedback whether the "milk tray" is good. I am running out of freezer space and i am wondering if milk tray will help.

Will the milk stick together when they are stacked?

Do the milk sticks fit thru the standard milk bottle opening?

How you handle the milk stick? Use tong, hands, glove?

Would appreciate any feedback...thank you...

<font color="0077aa">hi sharon limb, i was using milk tray before then stopped because i wasnt pumping much. basically u pour EBM into the tray and it hardens like ice, after 3 hours take out the sticks and keep in a freezer-safe bag. i use ziplock, so far no problem as it still tastes same like chilled EBM to me.

the sticks wont stick together.

now during feeding time, u must either use a bigger bottle to fit in more sticks or this is what i do: use a 125ml bottle (im using NUK) and break 1 milk stick into 2 (use the plastic bag to break, avoid touching the milk sticks). i tried breaking 2 sticks but later cannot fit. so break 1 stick and stack 2 more sticks (unbroken) on top, then warm it up. depending on how u arrange it, ur bottle cap may not be able to cover until sticks have melted. note that if u insert a milk stick (without breaking it) i think only 1 stick will fit in, then u may have to keep in adding sticks after each one melts. im not for this method because u have to keep heating the milk and i suspect too much heat can destroy nutrients in the milk.</font>

hi caramelle...thank you for your feedback.

i think i will go ahead to order the milk tray now...really running out of freezer space using milk bag and wasting a lot of bm.

oops, one last qn: is it easy to pop the stick out of the tray?

Hi mothers who feel like quitting job,

I am also very tempted to leave my job and spend full time with my boy. I will love to see all the development stages of him, think I need him more than he need me. On the other hand, we will have to adjust our lifestyle since our total pay will drop drastically. This is a crossroad in life which I guess a lot of mothers will make a very tough decision.

Also my boy cries whenever he see me with a bottle (he still insist on breast-feeding). Since I am due to return to work next week, it is really difficult for me because I don't know what will happen to my boy if I am away.

Anyone else has the same issue?

Caramelle,

how do you warm FBM? I thought need to thaw in the lower compartment? Can we just pop the FBM in hot water to warm it?

Sharon: Milk tray is not bad! It's quite easy to pop, I'll dislodged it while they are still covered, then "pour" them over to the freezer ziplock bag. Then put the ziplock bag into a locknlock and keep it frozen. However, my nanny don't like it this way, so I went to the nursary and get more glass bottles instead.

LFB: Dun use hot water, use warm water instead. However, I dunno how my nanny actually did it though
sad.gif

bbPP: Why don't you get someone to bottle feed him? That way he won't learn to associate you with the bottle. :S

Re milk tray: Are they sterile? Where do you guys get them?

Hi dolly...must put in zip lock and locknlock? i am thinking of just puting it directly into a locknlock...i guess prob better do it your way...i really hope can save more frezzer space like that...already throw away so much bm milk...waste effort and waste money...:-(

hi Mei...i am getting it from Mumfairy website...i find it quite costly but running out of option...really dont want to invest in another fridge or a deep freezer....sigh...

hi,i have the milk trays which i want to sell away.also i have open boxes of disposable breast pads and lots of medela nipple cream.also have a medela pis and mini electric.also have a goodbaby bouncer which kiddypalace is retailing for $99.umm,also have a hotslings size 3 (never used).shifting house so wanting to clear additional stuff.actually realised i have soo much stuff lying around the house that i hardly use.please pm me your best offer.thanks.

tinybubu, you shifting again?? Thought you just shifted to TK not along ago?

Sharon, I put my ebm milk sticks in a smaller ziplock bag, then gather a few small bags to fit into one big ziplock bag. Was gonna use lock&amp;lock containers to throw the smaller bags into, but realise that it's easier to squeeze stuff into that compartment of my freezer when it's in a more pliable shape
happy.gif
I use big Medela milk bottle (the 250ml ones), can squeeze in 5 sticks without having to break the sticks. Have not tried on my tommee tippee milk bottles. I just wash my hands super clean, and use hands to pick up the sticks, put into bottle, and soak whole bottle in warm water. Sometimes the water is bordering on hot. Oops. Frozen sticks are quite easy to pop out, just "twist" the tray back and forth. If you're only freezing a smaller amount, i.e., not using up all the slots, try using the slots in the centre, as I find that when frozen, it's easier to "twist" the milk tray. Hope you understand what I'm trying to say haha
happy.gif

Mei, the milk trays CANNOT be sterilised. Just have to wash them very well and air dry completely.

Hey tubbymummy!

Kitchen too small here so hubby not really happy.Real Estate Agent got another tenant to take over this place and we're still looking at where to shift to! New tenants moving in on Fri and we still havent found a new place.

Sigh,went through all my prepreggy clothes and realised i cant fit most of my clothes.now i'm wondering, should i give away my zara dresses and tops to charity or keep it in case i ever manage to squeeze myself into them anymore....

tinybubu: Aiyah! Should have said earlier, then I can get your PIS instead of buying a freestyle!
Wait! You might still fit into your dress after a few more months! Seems like the breakeven point is 6 month so just wait a little while more.

Mei: Yeah, I got the milk tray from Mumsfairy also.

LFB: Think so long as the milkbag dun leak or water dun sip in, it's ok.

thanks for sharing amk_gal &amp; joyce... jsut feel that pumping seems to be more efficient to express more milk.. at first i still want to latch on once a day to stimulate milk supply.. coz my girl is growing and her intake is increasing... scared if dont latch my body wont cater to the demands..

My girl seems to be pooing so many times a day and each time is a little bit ( 20cent t 50 cent coin size).. wasted many diapers..wondering if it is normal or is she having diarrhoea?? Becoz of this, she cant sleep properly..maybe tummy ache..not sure...
Any mummies can advice issit normal..

My girl just did her mega poop today. Diaper looked like a reservoir of mud. Sorry, too much info!
lame.gif

tinybubu, oh dear, such a hassle having to move so soon again... Then where are you gonna go stay from Fri on?? Hotel, serviced apt? Actually, TK, Eunos, Kembangan, Siglap area should have some good apts available right? My take on the pre-preg clothes: You still MAY be able to squeeze into them in a few months' time. I'm a clothes hog, so I keep EVERYTHING wahaha! I have clothes from S-L size
lame.gif
. If your pre-preg clothes range in size, then how about keep the realistic ones, like those that are just a couple of inches away from now, and SalvationArmy those that are serious stick skinny kind. If you really do get back to that skinny size again, then hey, reward yourself with a few new dresses, and wear them out to celebrate over a few lychee martinis!
biggrin.gif

dear all mommies how are you?

I'm down with a diarroea. Stomach rumbling now I went to toilet for 3 times today. Gonna go for the 4th time. sigh.

I'm still pumping hard at 5 hours, each side 100ml, Kaelyn's drinking 130ml per 4 hourly. She's sleeping thru the day before, last feed 8pm, wake up at 7am. Yesterday's 7pm wake up 4am. Her last feed just now was 6pm,till now she's not awake.

I'd advise don't donate/sell your clothes. You'll never know one day when we stop BF we can just slim down. One bad diarroea like this one makes me lose appetite for the whole day. Whatever I eat is gonna come out anyway and my tummy's so thin. Surviving on fruits and water now...

I lost another 3kg, I'm now 65. 5 more kg to my pre-pregnancy weight. Can fit into my shorts and more clothes. Jia you all mommies, we can do it!

Job hunting for me still bad. Kaelyn smile and melted my heart everyday I just couldn't imagine going work and leaving her in my mom's care. she doesn't smile at everyone you know...sigh.

hi mommies, i'm new here

as i will be starting work soon, i'm trying to train my bb to feed from bottle, instead of feeding from the breast directly. problem is he just refuse to feed from bottle, even when he's very hungry, he'll just take 30ml only. wasted my EBM and effort. end up i have to breastfeed him directly. so worried that he will continue to be like that when i start work. anyone have the same problem?

vogue_mommy: Think so long as TBF it's ok. Maybe use cloth diaper instead, not so wasteful, just throw away the nappy liner. My boy sometimes will relieve gas which accompany w some poo also

doglefox: voted! Good luck!

Chang Huey Yueh: Hey, my boy suddenly didn't drink much frm bottled ebm just yesterday after 2 weeks at the nanny too! I'm just thinking he's going thru some phase? Maybe after some growth spurt. However, my nanny was thinking because I totally latch on over the weekend and he loves my breast more
happy.gif
For your case, let other people bottle feed him instead, and you hide some where else during that time.

Hi Qi7,

I am having diarrhea too. Going to see doc later as I am afraid I will pass to kiddo. Might be stomach flu, cos I also have nauseating feeling. So frustrated! Just to check, you let your baby drink the breast milk? I don't dare too, cos I am afraid of passing the virus to him.

Thanks for the link on the milk trays. I might get them IF I'm bottlefeeding la.

LFB: The last time I had diarrhoea (it was in the first month after the delivery), I washed my hands all the time and use hand disinfectant each time I touch her, after I change her diaper and so forth. I continue to breastfeed because whatever antibodies my body produces, it'll pass on to her which is very important in my case because Eva is not vaccinated at all, not even at birth.

Unlike in Singapore and M'sia, in Switzerland, vaccinations are optional.

Re polyclinic: I called Bedok Poly the other day about bring Eva in for her vaccinations. Am contemplating between going on Thursday afternoon (I saw that it's non-peak) or making an appointment. The person I spoke to just told me to walk-in...so which should I consider - appointment or walk-in?

Huey Yueh,

You just need to persist or try different teat. My boy started on bottle feed since day 4 (everyday 1 feed) but sudden refuse to feed from bottle b4 he turned 3 mth. I just persist and he know he has no choice but to take milk from bottle. Now still give him 1 bottle feed per day. If you want to achieve faster result maybe can whole day give bottle feed for 2 days.

dolly, whats TBF? heehee....

Re: Milk Trays etc...
Mummies, my girl has been wasting my EBM becoz everytime i gave 150ml ...but sometimes she will only take 60ml or 100ml and some time 150ml may not even be enough... i dont want to waste EBM yet I find it difficult to heat up more milk should she want somemore...at times, she is hungry but when i stopped feeding her to make more milk, she doesnt want it anymore...

Any mummies have the same prob?

Huey Yueh:
I had the same problem as you before.. I suggest u better start to bottlefeed BB, the more you give in to BF, it would be difficult to change once he gets older. Once u have a teat that he will use, stick to the teat.. start with one or two bottles a day same timing and stick to it for a week. Increase the number of feeds when u think its appropriate..got to be firm

Morning Mommies,

Updates: Last Fri bring Sermaine to PD, PD said her hole look “PERFECTLY NORMAL” to her. Don’t need to apply hormones cream for the vaginal line to open wider. As for neck, PD mentioned if bb around 4th month old, still that soft soft then need to check. She advise let them on their tummy so they can train their neck strength. Sermaine seldom pass motion, maybe 1 week 1-2 times at most, PD say BM + FM can at most 7 days don’t pass motion. But don’t every 1 week then pass motion. She mentioned after 4th month can intro red apple and pear to her as can help her pass motion.

Reg: Neck folded that area got redness
Sermaine got this problem for about 1 month already, regardless how I clean it, dry it, still the same lor. Recently seem like got worsen. Any advise on that?

re neck folded that area got redness

maybe can try to put some powder. my boy also has, when i put powder, it will become better. put the powder on your hand first then use a pad to tab, dont pour the powder directly on the neck.

Hi Sharon, Dolly, Caramelle,

U also have storage problem. I had this problem when i just delivered. I invested in a deep freezer and has been pumping and storing my ebm. I think now i have more than 60 packs of ebm with each pack abt 200+ ml of bm. Now i am still adding on, even my deep freezer not enough for me to store.

Is milk tray really useful?? Each time i can pump out 240-300 mls of ebm. Can the tray take in this amt of milk? If yes, i want to try. Pls advise thanks.

bbPotato,
my girl was on day time bottle feed for 2 wks until suddenly reject bottle since last fri. her intake drop tremedously. i still tot it is becos she know i m going to work this week so she protest bottle feed? yesterday she was crying and rejecting bottle from 5 to 8pm. when i reach home n let her latch, she happily suck and fell asleep then i swap in the bottle for her and she drink wor... so is it like what u say a trend ah?

shelisa
what a relief to hear that sermaine hole is perfectly normal.
happy.gif

Hi Mommies,

thank you for all your feedback abt the milk tray.will give it a try...

vogue_mommy:
TBF = total breast feeding...

about bb not taking constant milk amount...my bb also like that when i started her on bottles..what my hubby did was to burp her half way and feed her again. so after she burp, she will drink the remainer..maybe the air in the tummy make bb "full"...you can try burping her too...

Shirley:
I have been dumping my frozen bm away due to space restrain. just dump my second batch of milk...so heart pain...but what to do...my place has no space to fit another freezer...super stress with storage space.

LFB:
You can dip ur bag of frozen milk in a cup of room temp water. when it melts completely, then trf to bottle and warm in a warmer... Or just dip it in a cup of warm water and leave it to defrost and warm up (might need to change water after the milk defrost cos water might be cold by then)

Chang huey yueh,i also hd same problem now,he refuse to feed from bottle.. and 1 week to 3 mths.. And my boy recently morning sleep,night want us carry then can sleep,if hungry will suddenly cry very very loud.. I need to woke up almost every hour to feed my boy.. yesterday night only slept about 2 hours and it's bc my husband carry him then i can rest for a while..I'm thinking to let Max use pacifier tonight and also change to NUK bottle (heard from my SIL NUK's teats is softer) see how..

Hi Sharon,

Ya lor...i tot of dumping but i want my gal to continue bm after i go back to office and i know that my supply will drop once i start work...so i will store whatever amt of milk i have now so that she can still have her bm for at least 6 mths.

Shirley,which type of NUK bottles you using?how much is that? is it BPA free?i going to buy it later.

I 'm using AVENT,B Free plus and also piegon,will it be too many diff type of teats to my bb?

Any mummies here changed FM for your bb?plan to change FM from similac to enfalac.

Jess, Last time when first intro bottle to Sermaine, she rejected all brand except for NUK Latex teat. The sales person told me Latex teat is most close to nipple feeling. But I feel Latex teat seem like cannot last long, like very easy spoilt like that. I think NUK don’t have BPA bottle but they have glass bottle.

Superbee/Jess, Thanks for intro the PD to me. I feel that she is very good!! Some question I ask her, she will reply me normal but she will explain to me why it is normal. Lucky last fri I reach there no ppl, but after I came out the room got about 6 ppl waiting.

shelisa,
nuk latex teat is realli closest 2 nipple feeling, but it really cant last 4 long.... my boy finally took btl aft we changed back 2 latex teat... we changed from latex to silicon when he's 2mths old...

i thk really mayb its a trend thing 4 bb 2 refuse btl feed.... aft readg a few here also havin btl feed problems...

Ahnet, Ya, it took Sermaine around 2 weeks then get use to the NUK latex teat. But after she 2months half, I intro Avent bottle to her, at 1st she leak like hell but slowly she adapted, use no 2 teat for 1 week and we change no 3 teat for her as she seem like using a lot of force to suck the no 2 teat. Great to hear ur boy is taking bottle back.

Dear Mothers,

I'm currently training to become a Certified Infant Massage Instructor with the International Association of Infant Massage (IAIM - www.iaim.net),hence I would like to gather 4 parents and their babies (who are 0 - 9 months old) for FREE baby massage classes!

A cosy parent-baby class that teaches you how to apply gentle massage that suits your baby’s individual needs and developmental level over 4 weeks.

Research has shown that daily massage helps stimulate baby’s physiological and
psychological development, and growth in pre-term infants. You will learn strokes that will help your baby sleep better, improve digestion,relieve discomfort from gas, colic, constipation and more.

Touch is a very powerful element in human bonding, as are communication, both verbal and
non-verbal, and prolonged eye contact. Infant massage encompasses and supports all these vital aspects of bonding, thus making it a wonderful way to bond and share intimate time with your baby through the power of your touch.

Classes conducted on Sun Mornings at Tampines St 11. Each parent must attend 4 sessions. Starting from this Sun 20/9/09 - 11/10/09 10 am - 11 am

Or email me at [email protected] for more details. Thanks!

Bluedream &amp; shelisa,i brought NUK bottle with silicon teat,if max still reject this then i will try NUK Latex teat.. Ya,they told me if buy latex teat will be very easy to spilt..

And finally i buy pracifier for Max.

Shelisa,you r welcome.. I also like this PD..last time i went to there for max's immunisation appt,very crowed there but she still answer all my questions.

my bb started refuding bottle feed since 5 day old. i've tried getting my mum to feed my boy, he refuse to give in as well. i never had such problem with my 1st boy, who just turned 24 mths.
my bb very smart, he will push out the bottle with his tongue, smile and bb talk to u, it just melt ur heart. i'm still trying very hard to get him feed from bottle. really need to be mentally strong

Back