(2009/06) June 2009 MTBs

WTG: FBM x 10 bags (early july 09)

collection at tampines st 22
sun-fri evening.

pls bear in mind frozen BM taste differently than chilled BM. it got abit metallic taste.

my gal is 14 wk now.

FBM is packed 150ml in playtex milkbag. you need to have ikea clip to secure before thawing the milk.

would appreciate if you can provide me 10 milkbag in return.

I will not bear any responsibility if anything happens cos i give my gal FBM also.

pls PM me if interested.

Dear MOMMIES, ( Why babies can APPEAR to be HUNGRY but actually not)
something to share...my girl this morning was crying ( sounded like crying for milk, even after a feed ) and i initially thought she is still hungry as she only took 60ml..but when i tried feeding her, she cries even louder.. Later then I realised my girl to trying to sleep but has trouble winding down even with my help..( gentle rocking/soothing) this doesnt always happened but probably due to overstimulation.. ( brought her to my mom-in-law's place ytd..perhaps had trouble sleeping due to different environment) actually baby is tired ( or even over-tired), and the more tired she is, the more she wants to suck or feed as they have trouble winding down to sleep or even with parents help. So we may always mistook the fussiness and crying/screaming as wind/hunger/discomfort.
In fact, when baby is in distress/ in pain / tired, they will always have the urge to seek for comfort by SUCKING...
check out this link..very useful
http://www.babycareadvice.com/babycare/general_help/article.php?id=14
http://www.babycareadvice.com/babycare/general_help/article.php?id=32

Any mommies know how many hours of sleep should our babies have during daytime? Or perhaps can share with me your experience with your dearies?

I think my girl is always lacked of sleep ever since I tried to feed her on bottles .. cutting down in BF..
=(

lovelytulips,
hows your boy getting on with sleeping without latching? My girl has the same problem ... to them, thats the way they were taught to fall asleep... now I am using pacifier.. didnt approve it at first..but it does more good than harm..so i tried...rather to have my girl more sleep than not..

vogue_mommy, i have no solution to him sleeping without latching. i tried pacifer but he spits it out no matter how long i try to "stick" it into his mouth. he just uses his tongue to kind of push it out.

so now, he still latch before he sleep, but that is for the night only.

I thought by right babies are staisfied with their feed can fall asleep better.

I will put her down let her try doze off after feed. Otherwise then use pacifier. If she dont cry/make noise i wont really care.

lovelytulips,
maybe you can try what i am doing in the day, i am using bottle and refuse to latch her on..so in order to make her sleep, i tried pacifier and my girl also uses her tongue to push it out initially.. but what i did was i carried her ( nursing position) and put the pacifier between her and my chest..she thought it was the real thing..after that i put her down in the cot, she was still suckling and falling into sleep...after that she was quite okay with pacifier, in fact she slept even longer than usual..
if not, u can still let your boy latch but once u notice he is dozing off but still suckling, release your nipple and put him on his bed immediately and gently pat his thigh...thats what i do when i want to help my girl fall asleep on her own..u can try

Artist, that romper is bought by myself as a present to my baby at 1month.. and I realised its a rather popular romper! .. my colleague had the same one... then my hubby's colleague gave us another one, same colour somemore, but in a much bigger size.. heheh ..

Vogue mummy.. what if the baby really wants milk? maybe he is going thru a growth spurt? Mine had been like that these few days and wants milk sometimes at 1.5hr interval! .. even I had increased his intake to 4.5oz (baby at 7 weeks)... and he happily gobbled down every single drop and sleeps very well after tt.. so i guess he really needs the extra milk for growing.. hmm..

HAVE 2 TINS OF 900G ENFALAC A + SELLING FOR $35 EACH
AS CHILD IS TAKING SOY MILK NOW. NTUC SELLING $40 PLUS.

COLLECTION AT EUNOS MRT OR RAFFLES PLACE

PLS PM ME IF KEEN.

vogue mummy...mayb u r rite..my boy will b a bit cranky in d evenings n even aft a feed n my breasts seem empty, it seems dat he stil 1 2 suckle. his mouth is stil searchin.. n wen i latch him on, he seems contented n sucks veri long wif eyes close. dis happens once a day.im ok wif it..juz dat i get tied down...cant do anitin else.

by d wae mommies...anybody hev tips on how2 put ur bb 2 sleep n ensure they sleep soundli? i can put my bb 2 slp...d problem is he wil wake up aft 15-20min. so i carry him n soothe him. n wen i put him down it happens again..frustrating!ani advice mommies?

My boy just taken 6 in 1, he was so sleepy earlier, but now he keeps waking at night!

Raudha: If it's day time, did you try putting him into sarong?

TPY mom: did you manage to pump at work?
happy.gif

Mummy ash,
in that cash your BB is truly hungry..try to touch his cheek, if he is hungry he will try to suck your finger..for my case, she doesnt want milk and will be fussy..got to calm her down and put pacifier...my girl has growth spurt previously..also wants milk every now and then...but if happened that it seemed NOTHING can pacify the baby... trick is to make BB stop crying ( i use sounds to distract her ) and once she calmed down, either put her in sarong or intro pacifier then she will fall asleep ..too tired after all the crying..

Raudha,
I used to carry my girl walking ard the hse and when she seemed sound aslp, put her down and she opened her eyes..then i got to try all over again..it was very frustrating..so in my second month, i bought sarong..when she is drowsy, put her in , gently shake shake abit and let her fall sleep in sarong for awhile then really sound asleep, will carry her to her cot... OR u can try letting your BB sleeping in parents' bed.. my girl sleep very soundly there and can sleep for 2 hours in the day...probably due to mummy's smell...I also tried putting BB in sling around the house..BB falls asleep better there.. but more troublesome when u want to out BB back to the bed..

so nice to see so many bb in the pics so cute~too bad i gotta give this gathering a miss as something happened at home..my maid just run away after we discovered her hugging with a guy =\..

Lovelytulips maybe u can try different type of pacifier. I changed 3 pacifier b4 i found 1 that Isaac can suck on long..my mum was an experience bbsitter she told me to change to those hook type so that my boy can suck well..ue enough after changing Isaac manage to suck it..

11 beans, maybe everyone busy during weekend? My boy still having fever after the vaccine and he poo a lot! Today stay home whole day, didn't go out at all, tiring enough just to feed, change, pet...etc

i went out shopping with baby today. He was quite happy sleeping in the pouch for a while. Still have to get him adjusted to sitting in the stroller=) I am trying to bring him out more often so he will get adjusted to the external environment and wont fuss so much. today was encouraging=)

bbaugustine: Good to hear that! All by yourself today?

Regarding taking trains, just wondering, can we breastfeed our baby on train? Is it consider eating and drinking?

<font color="0000ff">dolly

u super funny lor!!! hahaaa... eating and drinking huh... LOL !!! more like indecent exposure than eating given how conservative s'pore is huh..

hehe feeding and changing is all i do everyday.. never go out at all..!! lol
and hubby outstation, lagi no go out liao..</font>

dolly, I was with hubby. Told him i wanna try to bring baby out shopping with the stroller so that i can do it on my own next time=) So must practise with him ard first. He only fussed when we were eating. He didnt like to be in the stroller and wanted to be carried so that he can see things.naughty boy. We had to take turns to eat. Other than that, he was ok. i carried him in the pupsik pouch as we walked around and he fell asleep then we just shopped and bought the stuff we needed. I got the Dr Browns big bottle today, hoping to re-intro the bottle this week and also got the NUK pacifier with silicon teat. We are using the latex teat now and he bit one of them till it was flat then he refused to suck it again so i thought if we continue buying the latex ones, they wont last long and i have to keep buying so changed to silicon ones. My boy is a fussy one.

I also indulged in a little retail therapy and bought myself a bag heh

hello mummies,
wow.. looks like u all had a wonderful time at the gathering.. too bad i missed it.. hope there is another one before i go back to work in oct..

my new maid only coming endof the mth.. now totally dependent on my hubby or my mommy when we go out.. no guts to go out on my own.. really pei fu those mummies who can singlehandedly bring bb out..

my bb also been refusing milk.. ebm or fm.. she also doesnt want.. any idea? she used to take 7 x 130ml a day.. now she only take 4.5 to 5 feeds.. still 130ml.. and i been throwing away few bottles of fm a day.. afraid of bacteria growth.. is it true that fm cannot be kept more than 1 hr?

btw bought my bb to swimming at hwa xia today.. she loved it.. we got a package of 10 lessons.. let me see whether i can upload the pic here..

oh yeah, any mummy know how to make my bb hair stay flat? her hair is like grass.. all stand one.. i am using cradle cap shampoo.. thinking of changing shampoo now that her cradle cap is gone

fat mom, your darling gal looks cute with her hair standing... ;p

my niece's hair was like tat too when she was young... think once the hair grows longer, the standing hair will "sit" lah. luckily, yours bb gal, u can use hairband, clip etc on the hair to make the standing hair less obvious. if bb boy then really can do nothing abt it..

<font color="0000ff">fat mom,
does ur bb kick around alot while swimming?? i DIY at home cos got the baby pool.. but Javen just float around and dun kick.. seems so relaxed though.. i see those at hwa xia will kick around alot excitedly one... hehe dunno y Javen only floating leh..</font>

Hi mummies,

For those of you that are on total breastfeeding, may I know what is the colour of your baby's stool?
My baby is 7 weeks old. For the past 2 days her stool change from orange yellowish to olive colour (greenish + yellowish). May I know is this normal?

Would appreaciate your advised.

artist : [email protected] should work now - I think it was the privacy settings in fb.

I'm also taking care of bb on my own w/o help.....wish i had more hands :p

dolly, please add me to the list . Name : Chris Khoo

Thanks!

how come the threat so quiet.. last time need to read archive to catch up

my bb still refusing milk.. her last feed was 4 hrs ago.. looks like i am going to throw away the bottle again

artist,
haha..how i wish she can wear hair band.. when i put those on her head.. even cap or hat, she will be so agitated.. shake her head to see whether the thing will drop.. and if it doesnt, she will scream

11 beans,
that was her first time.. initially she was quite still.. but only a short while, 2-3 mins later, she started to kick.. and know how to turn her body around by kicking.. the lady said some bb first few times dont know how to kick one.. mine like to play water.. very active when bathing her.. so maybe she enjoys it more than others.. think u can try to help bb to kick by moving her legs in the water.. oh, did u try to warm up ur bb before going into water.. try moving the legs up and down, and gently bend the knee a few times.. i think that may help

Fat Mum = cld it be the teat size is too slow.. u still using nb? maybe need to change teat size oredi

AppleHo - think some mums experience tt too.. cld be because bb not getting enuf hind milk so poo will turn greenish...

Does ur bb feed on one breast only or both? Maybe try letting her finish one breast fully so tt she can get to the fatty hind milk..

Hi mummies,
Wow so quiet nowadays. Yesterday brought Cayden GP near y house for 6in1 jab + rotavirus med, he is very sian after it, got fever @ abt 8pm+, I dun dare to sleep till he wake at 2am for his milk and confirm his fever subside. Baby weight 6.4kg @ 9weeks, not double his birth weight yet, doc said dun worried as his weight and high is above 90 percentile.

Fat_mom,
Wow come in saw your girl pic, she is so pretty, she look enjoying the swimming too
Which hwa xia branch you brought your girl to?

Dolly,
Wahahah hey you try bf in MRT and update us lah :p

fat mommy,
your gal is so cute
happy.gif

how much is the package? I'm thinking of eithr bringing here there and buying a swim pool for her to play at home..

AppleHo3,
it is normal to have different colour stools.. I also asked the same question here and the other mummies assured me..my gal also had yellowish green stools for 3 days (4 to 5 poos per days).. since she looked happy and at her normal self, I was not too bothered after asking the mummies here
happy.gif

Lovelytulips,
I also get sleepy by 10pm.. however, only after bb sleep, I can have some adult talk with hubby.. so usually after chit chat, pump then sleep already 12 plus.. haha..
how I can still catch some power nap in the afternoons.. dunno how to survuve when return to work.. got to wake up 445am to latch.. prepare to go to work at 530am.. wake hubby up at 6am.. then bring bb to mil place at 630am..
mummies are superwomen
happy.gif

Fatmom,

my gal hair oso stand. I used johnson baby oil to put at her hair after her bath time n comb down. it works!

then follow up by combing her hair flat after bath time.

before

2816053.jpg

fat mom,
my son also same like your daughter... refusing bottle. will cry when put bottle to him. already changed teat. i even changed bottle brand but he still like tat. many times got to "lure" him to drink milk then he will drink.. (thanks to vogue mommy's website given. learnt some ways to lure him to drink milk. maybe you can try too) very scared he got silent reflux... dunno whether he would be teething too... haiz... tmr going to see PD for 2nd jab. hope he is fine...

Sweethalo,
I usually feed my girl both side. 5-10 mins each breast. I try to feed longer at each side, but she refused. Guess it could be the reason. =(

Chidori,
Thanks for sharing. My gal also at her normal self. At least I'm not so worried now. Will continue to monitor her today.

<font color="0000ff">Hi Fellow Mums,
Just wanto ask if anybody interested to buy diaper bag.
Can slide your baby photo in the photo casing to personalize the bag. Comes also in baby pink with matching changing pad.
Email me: [email protected]
Thank you for time taken. </font>

2816594.jpg

Back