(2009/06) June 2009 MTBs

Cassey, BB kick at regular timing now, think should be signaling he is ok bah.
happy.gif

Kinda miss lots of mummies that are not regular, like the 3 sharons. Are you all ok?

Anyone tried the antenatal yoga in tanling mall? Benefit from it?

Good morning everyone. I hardly slept last night, and it wasn't because my girl joined Shelisa's girl at ladies' nite haha (I've hardly felt baby move after that miraculous couple of times). I have a sore shoulder/arm, and no matter how I position myself, it hurt, so I tossed the whole night, finally got up at 6am to sit in the living room and stare blankly at the wall. So tired. Managed to make myself go back to sleep at around 9am again and slept for 2 hrs till now. Feel so zombie.

bing, I would most likely be going for c-section. Are you doing that too?

tubbymummy, i was thinking of c-section too. but others encouraged me to go for natural delivery to fully experience child birth. my hubby said it's up to me. so i am still thinking.

hello mummies...
have been on long leave and just came back to work today. Struggled with a long list of emails and a horrible meeting. U all have been really active thru out CNY sia! I have been reading but no time to chip in cos always in a rush to go out or having guests at my plc.

Welcome Bing!

Stickymouse, same as u. I have been selling wedding craft during my free time in the past before I got preggie. Stopped temporarily now. Am prepared to give tuition, piano lesson and do craftwork when I have two kids in the future. I have a craft works website and thinking of setting up another on housekeeping tips in the future to sell other household items (I m very into housekeeping stuff). Hope to be able to have enuf $ for myself even if I were to be a SAHM next time. Prefer to give my kids the attention that my mum gave me when I was young. It's so nice to have mum ard when young, despite all the scolding I get. LOL...

Went for my detailed scan ytd at TMC. BB super cooperative. Finished the whole thing in 10mins and we confirmed for the 3rd time that it's a boy. My hb had a hard time following the sonographer's description cos he long time never stare at the screen liao. Plus the sonographer was not very good at pointing out the parts... so I also spent my time asking her n deciphering which area she is looking at. Will only get to see the report to review with my Gynae next mon. But was told that all is fine.
happy.gif

Am feeling more kicks from BB these days. He seems to be more active at nite and very sensitive to mahjong sounds. He was kicking all the way when I was accompanying my hb at his mahjong game ytd afternoon. Told my hb, think BB will learn to play mahjong like him... cos I spent my past 11 yrs observing him playing but still super gong.. dunno how to play! LOL.

I spent all my remaining staff vouchers (ex company) on avent pdts on Wed. No choice but to buy cos expiring soon in 2 weeks time. Bought a breast pump, sterilizer, bb feeding starter kit, extra teats and two more bottles, bath temperature measuring thingy. So glad to only fork out only $16 more for all of these. Really saved me a lot of $$.

TubbyMummy, haha. i thought they meet up together for ladies night. im working now and feel that my soul is floating ard. did u apply cream or oil to ur sore shoulder/arm?

Re: raw food
Doesn't take raw food to get food poisoning etc. I just kena eating my MIL's food ytd. Her bad habits of buying huge quantities of food, cut and freeze, thaw repeatedly cos take in and out for steamboat for many days. HB n I had diarrhea the last nite after she puts all the not so fresh scallops on our plate. She n FIL didn't really eat that. Worse, we can't taste that it's gg bad cos she puts too much seasoning. It was so salty that I drank so much water. One hour later, my hb started to go toilet liao. He got it bad cos most of my scallops went to him secretly.

bbjun, thanks! wow. u bought so many stuffs. must have been an enjoying shopping spree buying so many things for your little one. so far, i onli bought milk bottles. cos waiting for the baby fair to grab cheap goodies. =D

bbjun, then your hubby and u getting better? Hmm.. ur scary MIL came to spore to celebrate CNY with u both?? then any intresting story to share during her stay in spore?

Bing, just to add on to so many comments abt breast pumps. I have a colleague who was using ameda dual electric pumps, and she said it's not bad. In fact, I've read in one of the breast feeding books that the quality of this dual pump is on par with medela PIS, and its half the price of PIS!

It was selling at Robinsons at about S$388. I am waiting for the baby fair in March to buy!
happy.gif

hi mummyash, thanks for sharing. ya, i read online that it was half the price of medela. my colleague told me if you have robinsons member card, u can get additional discount too.

morning mummies,
fwah.. it took me quite some time to finish reading the threads..i've been so busy during cny..late nights + running ard many houses. am so exhausted..

hey, i would love to join in if there's any gathering.
happy.gif

Hey, i have felt my baby movement, FINALLY! Yest morning(detailed scan in the afternoon) when i wake up but still tossing in my bed. Suddenly i felt something poking inside my belly. For that sec, i stop my toss and focus very carefully *serious look* at my belly. And i felt another poke again! I wake my hubby up and told him i felt something and this time im sure its the baby cos the feeling is jus different, not the stomache growling or anything. Its just different and you know it. I have talking to baby to give me some signal that she is insde me, if not i can only see her move during the detailed scan in the afternoon. And YES, in the morning, she has finally give me some signal! Give a a *high 5*. During the detailed scan that afternoon, both her hand is up and the sonographer said it sybomlise "gong xi gong xi" and the next few moment she put her left thumb in her mouth sucking away. hee
happy.gif
Im so glad after the measurement and checking, everything seems good. The head size, weight and all parts are functioning well. That is a great relief to a mummy. *phew*. And yes, she poke me twice again during the scan and i told my sis, hubby and mil who are in the room that i felt baby "tu tu" me with a wide grin on my face!
happy.gif
She been active yest, another few kicks at nite and immediatley told my hubby and when he place his palm at my belly and he felt that too!

Tubbymummy, congrats to you too, can also feel baby poking inside liao. Its a kind of assurance from baby dat she is fine right? Yeah, dats wat i feel so.

shelisa, ya. Alot better today. It wasn't a pleasant exp to run to the toilet in the midst of our Inkheart movie.

My MIL stays in Singapore all the time. She has become a citizen more than 20years ago but she never declares that to ppl. She will tell ppl she is a taiwanese when she oredi gave the citizenship up long ago. She complains about everything in Sgp cos in her heart, only taiwanese things are good. Was fuming mad at her for her act cool attitude when she is super elated at the fact that she is getting a grandson. Then said a lot of bo liao things from why I am eating so little when I m supposed to eat for 2 (nonsense!), should do this, not do that, blah blah blah...
I just can't eat what she cooks. There is no rice, no carbo, lotsa preserved, frozen, fried stuff which are not healthy at all. Makes me drink water so much that I am oredi full with water. My hb was so worried that about another food poisoning episode after last nite that he decided that we will bring them out to eat in the future. Cos my face nearly turn white last nite.

What makes me fumed the other nite was when she insisted that a baby at 2.5kg is too small! I just told her that average is 2.5kg to 3.5kg. She said, cannot be, doctor should have a chart or something to reference. when she delivered my hb, he was 3.7kg. I told her I was 2.5kg. My fren just delivered to a boy at 2.3kg. Then she spent 10mins debating on it to force me to eat. Almost wanted to tell her that her cooking sucks. To me, as long as BB is not underweight and healthy is ok. We can always breastfeed BB, feed him healthy food to make sure he grows up fine! I m so petite at 1.54m. There is no way I want to risk a C-section to deliver a giant BB! I think she is just trying to compete with her relatives whose DILs gave birth to huge BBs.

LFB> yeah we might meet! i also got doc appt after dat, but mine is at 4+..

wow, seeems quite a few of us staying at hm everyday, free!! haha
happy.gif

hi creamer, congras! it's amazing to feel your baby movements inside you. at times when i dun feel my baby, i'm worried. at times when i'm busy working and he's busy kicking, i felt frustrated. haha.

let's enjoy our lovely time with our babies inside our tummy. cos a few months later, they will be present in front of us. (^.^)

bbjun> you sound like you got a horrible MIL. i tot my MIL is already terrible enough. hee. dunno y my MIL also wan me to give birth to a giant baby... i always tell her off saying siao ar, u wan to kill me is it?

btw, last night her dinner was horrible for me... she cooked broccoli wif tofu, pork wif dunno wat (the plate was black black), and fish... best part is i only ate 2 mouthfuls of rice and 2 broccoli and a tofu... cos i find the dishes super salty!!!!!!!! and i flushed down 2 cups of water... think my SIL saw it, but i heck care.
happy.gif

Creamer, congrate. it is really something amazing when u noe bb is inside dancing.

bbjun. night mare!! night mare!! dun bother what she say abt the weight. to me most impt bb is healthy and not underweight. everything is fine. i think best is go food court to eat with them. so u can walk ard to choose the food u like. if go resturant, she sure to order alot of food u dun like n force u to eat.

o dear, hope u are feeling better bbjun
happy.gif

Congrats Creamer- can feel baby kick oredi! so cool! how many weeks are u?

Tubbymummy and Bing - can share why u both thinking of C section? I thought it's very painful??

creamer,
so happy for you..bb's movement is def so different right? it just brings a wide grin and excitment to us.
happy.gif
the pokes and kicks which are so different from gases and growling. heheh.

Cassey, wah so many couples? the room must be very big to accompdate all wif couples. This make the no. x double! Giant? U mean u are tall too? Den this makes us easier to spot. haa

Caramelle, wear a kinky, lacy g-string and a thin super soft top or a silky nite dress instead, this will create greater imgination from him then totally in a buff *wink*

Tubbymummy, if you feel the seatbelt is not comfortable, put on the clip-on seatbelt stopper so it will not be very tight strapping ard your belly area.

Jess ma and Jam75, update us after your detail scan today ya..

Welcome Bing!
happy.gif

Thanks Bing / shelisa! Amazing...

Sweethalo, the kicks come in on 21 week. Saw alot of mummy felt baby poke weeks before. So anxious.. and finally she came.
happy.gif

Yeah Nozomi, baby movement is so much diff. Mummy natural instinct will surely know it!

Enjoy your lunch all mummies. Im gonna bathe and going shopping later. Enjoy my last day of leave today. Catchup again..

bing & sweethalo, I started considering c-section because the idea of delivery natural seriously scared me. I know I'm twisted, cos c-sec is a major surgery, and the pain should scare me more, but I'm just more scared of natural birth than being cut open (there's no logic in it haha). Maybe I just can't reconcile popping out such a huge thing from such a small place? Plus so many people I know went through all the labour & preps for natural birth, and ended up still having to c-sec, and that seemed pointless. To me, just because I didn't push my kid out from between my legs doesn't mean I'm experiencing motherhood or womanhood any less.

But to make it easier for me now, I have a slipped disc, and my orthopedic surgeon did say that the pushing done during natural birth will put me at some risk of deteriorating my condition. So I'm taking that as a sign that I should just go ahead with a c-sec hahaha... My doc did say many women with slipped disc have perfectly fine natural births, but there is definitely the risk of deterioration, and at the end of the day, it's my personal choice. I figured I will have plenty of "opportunity" in future to deteriorate my spine, taking care of kid, carrying kid etc, so I would rather do whatever that is within my means now to minimise the deterioration. But I mentioned I'm "most likely" gonna do c-sec, and not 100% sure, cos I wanna speak to my doc about it first, and ask all my questions first.

Shelisa, I didn't apply anything to shoulder/neck alone, it feels a bit better today, so I'll just wait for it to go off by itself. Think it as from surfing the net to much haha, so today, I'm forcing myself to get out of the house sooner, and go outside walk walk instead.

bbjun, most food poisoning cases are in fact caused by home food that was not handled or stored properly. Haiyoh, your MIL shouldn't have refrozen and thawed food repeatedly like that, it's like playing russian roulette, just waiting for the stomach upset to hit you. I used to refrigerate leftover dinner and eat for lunch the next day, but ever since I got pregnant, my hubby has forbidden me to do that. Sometimes, out of habit, I'll still put stuff into tupperware or ziplock bags, and whenever he sees them, he'll throw them out so I got no chance to eat haha. It's better like that. Better hydrate yourself properly if you got diarrhoea ok? Drink isotonic drinks to replenish fluids and electrolytes. And ignore her comments about baby weight. Just let her ramble on by herself haha.

creamer, YAY!!! So happy right?? When I first felt it, I hardly believed it, i had the same reaction as you too! Now just waiting for more pokes from her, cos I don't usually feel anything in the day. I resort to lying on my belly at night before I can feel anything haha.

Creamer- 21 wks... means i gotta wait some more... sigh... hhehe..

TubbyMummy- For me, I am so afraid to end up in C-section. Hv been praying for smooth delivery and labour because C-section seems to be really painful, I thought. The healing process is longer and hving to clean around the wound, erks me. I heard people tore the wound just from bending down... (faints) The one reason I stayed clear of gynae's delivering at TMC was that I heard TMC tend to encourage Csection.

Wonder where is Cassey today... hmmz...

tubbymummy> i think i remb seeing u wrote abt lying on ur tummy to feel the bb's movements... den last night while waiting for my hubby to come back from wrk, i tried to lie on my tummy and i stopped breathing, wanting to feel my boy's movements.... but hor, the stupid thing i did was i held my breath for too long, cos i cant feel any movement, and i realised i was so out of breath after dat! hahahaha... stupid me.. heehee

but anyway, i realise there's this fluttering feeling in my tummy at abt midnight... the feeling is something i've not experienced before, and im sure it's my boy's movement. haha. the feeling's great.
happy.gif

but my boy has the same pattern as my hubby, he completely has no reaction to classical music and nursery rhymes...
sad.gif

huh? i din knw TMC encourage c-sect...
sad.gif
my gynae at TMC wor... oh oh...

i better start to pray for smooth delivery and less labour pain soon...

Tubbymumy, Think can feel bb more at nite. Lets, see how they react tonite den. :p

Sweethalo, dun need lah, some mummies already felt it less than 20 weeks. How many weeks are u in?

Went shopping 2 days back, there are sales going on at Taka and bought some milk bot at 20% disc and also fm wagon sales a Elle top and bottom at $23 and last pc. So grab! Went to Paragon at 5th floor, a shop call Kingkow at 30% disc storewide. My mum bought a set of clothing for my bb. Their initial price is a bit high at abt $30+ after disc is much lesser. Went to First few years next to kingkow also have some offer items. Saw medela breast pump selling cheaper than other deptmental stores. FYI mummies
happy.gif
If got anymore sales after my today shopping wil update you guys.

ahnetsan,
it is interesting to note that MILs are the one wanting big babies. My own mother is worried that BB is too big for delivery and that I m putting too much wt to lose after delivery. She is the one reminding me not to overeat and just to eat enuf n healthily. Poor u, u sound like u have an equally bad time with your MIL's food.

Shelisa, my MIL ai mian zi one. To ask her to go food court wih us is quite difficult but she will do that on her own. Usually, ordering at restaurant is done by us. Phew!

tubbymummy, I agree. But my MIL has very little knowledge on all these and educating her on these takes tremendous efforts. everything I say carries no wt. I have to say my mother say this or that, then she will think twice, not nec will follow. It takes one newspaper cutting for me to convince her to stop using olive oil for frying things cos we can't control the temp! Anything above 160degrees celsius, the oil turns toxic. I tried to tell her this for 2+yrs. she just dun believe one. I just let her be lor. Anyway, I am not gg back there to eat for at least another month. If she wants to poison herself with the remaining food, I really dun want to say much liao. OOoh... u just mentioned something very key. She has the habit of keeping leftovers. N she doesn't necessary re-heat them before eating. For e.g, she will fry bee hoon and then put in the fridge. Tell my hb to eat the bee hoon when he returned from work (in the past). N the whole family just eat like that - refrigerated bee hoon from the same pot for two days. My hb develops that habit and I have to make sure I re-heat for him before he pops anything in. But usually, I dun have to keep leftovers... I can gauge pretty well not to have leftovers. I am just thankful that I m not staying with her cos things will be even worse.

Sweethalo, everyone feel the kicks at different points. So dun worry. Your little one may just surprise u soon.

Ya.. cassey seems to be MIA today.

ahnetsan,
I dun think TMC encourage C-section la. Dependent on gynae ba. In any case, we are the ones deciding how we want to deliver. If u want to go natural, just go for it. C-section will onli be an option when natural is not possible then.

Good "morning", MTBs! Cassey was in bed!!
Thank God for good sleep last night.. *sorry to make you envious, those a-go-go bb MTBs and others suffering from pains...*
Was exhausted after airport send-off in the early hours of the morning

sweethalo, no worries!!

bluedream, glad to hear your bb's doing well and very active.

createjoy, have noted you're also free for meet-up during office hours. =)

stickymouse,
feel so sorry to know that bb's causing you THAT much discomfort.. Hang in there and be careful what you wish for! Earlier on in preg, I kept telling hubby "Wish can see bb more often, wish can see bb more often - like twice a week..." THEN! I got hospitalised cos I was paranoid after both sisters' preg experiences and went to A&E even though I had only slight spotting. WHOA! Saw bb three times in 3 days, about 5 times in a fortnight! So pls don't say you wish bb'll be born soon, my dear!!

bbjun,
YOUR BB IS A SUPER GOOD BOY!!! Finished scan in TEN minutes?!?!?!?! Whoa, I must smack my belly and scold my boy. AIYO!!! How can your MIL serve you food that's been recycled over and over again? That's my point about contamination. You poor thing. Good thing bb was good boy at scan, that's a good consolation for mummy and daddy after a difficult CNY.

nozomi, happy for you =) Your bb is so cute! Are you saying you're free during weekday office hrs too?

creamer again,
I'm 1.7 - so quite a big shorter than you but still head (and shoulders?) above many, I guess =) We're the same, I was telling caramelle that to signal hubby, I'd slip into a nice slip... best cos sometimes one strap keeps slipping off shoulder so can look at him over that bare shoulder and wink wink, wraggle eyebrows. HAHAHA!!!! As for G-string... I find it a turn-off. Butt crack floss.. Eeeww.

Tubbymummy, you know, watching all those videos on YouTube has boosted my confidence that I can do it - perhaps EVEN withOUT epidural. But I don't see a need to do it without, cos I don't believe that epidurals cause spinal damage and backaches and whatever. Take comfort in the fact that there is some down time for us to rest and recover in between contractions...

Someone once asked is it true can only have epidural after certain amt of dilation. YES! I read it's at the second phase of First labour Stage... during 4-6cm (or is it 4-7cm) dilation.

<font color="0000ff">hee bbPotato >> thanks again for arranging the purchase of the babyplus. i will start tmrw.. =) i think bb moves more at night.. hahaaa... kind of "thud thud" feeling..

i think the hubbies wish they could feel it too huh... they must be so envious.. my hb spends his time at home with his hand on my tummy hoping to catch the "thud" when it happens.. lol.. i guess at 30+ weeks, it might well be the same as the TCS advertsement with the bb reaction to the Little Nonya music... hahaa... *scary* though.. =D</font>

LFB, maybe sticking to soupy stuff, asking for veggies and flushing out system with lotsa water will help...?

I've been eating heaps of empty-calorie junk since no appetite for full wholesome meal.. KFC, Burger King, breakfast fried noodles, nasi lemak, Ya Kun, bubble tea, MOS Burger... Thankfully weight still maintaining at lighter than pre-pregger time. Hehe...

bbjun, my ILs are the same. Since our dating days back in '98, I've always been really BBLLLEEURRRGGGHH at the thought of eating at their place. WORSE THAN YOUR ILs. The food is NOT even refrigerated. But BETTER, cos I think (I HOPE!!) extras are finished or binned at the end of a day.

There's a huge portion of rice kept warm in the rice cooker. But all the dishes are left on the dining table (which is cluttered with newspaper, incense, tissue paper, biscuits, half-opened tins and pkts of these and that...) From fried fish to soup to fried nuggets to tofu to chicken to ngoh hiang... the food just sits there ALL DAY once it's been cooked and served. Then whatever time of day we arrive back, MIL says EAT! EAT! Gives us a bowl and cutlery, and we're supposed to just scoop rice and eat the stuff that's been sitting there since who-knows-when...

BUT! I don't have that problem anymore cos hubby is very busy at work and often we only visit once in about 2 months to take them OUT for a meal. First year we were married, we invited them to our place for reunion dinner and since then, we've always had reunion at our place so the food's always fresh and not recycled or stale.

Usually when I go to their place and am in that situation, I'll just ask I can have the lovely omelette my DIL fries. He usually feels 'honoured' and will fry it for me. So I get freshly cooked food. =) Thkfully on CNY Day 1, MIL fried some ngoh hiang for us at the last minute. BUT the rice served was cold though. And rice has a reputation for going 'off' very quickly if not kept warm.

11_beans, yeah man. My hb has been trying so hard to feel the movements. Sometimes he places his hands there for so long until my tummy feels hot liao and the kicks come, he still can't feel it. I hope my BB is not gg to kick that hard like that mediacorp advertisement at the later stage. I have seen frens' tummy buldging with tiny feets or fists before. Kinda scary when I was looking from opp.

cassey, yes. Hb n I were talking to him before we set off for TMC, telling him exactly why we are doing the scan that day and what we need to see. This scan was even shorter than the NT scan! Am gg to reward him with his fave mac fillet o fish soon.
happy.gif

As for MIL, she is clueless that her food is contaminated. If we were to tell her what happened, she will just be defensive and claims that she has kept the food in clean containers or zip bags in the fridge/freezer. So might as well dun bother to say. I really dun want to hear another session of blahs from her.

bbjun> my MIL also like to keep leftovers in the fridge. i personally find it very disgusting... i grow up wifout having to eat leftovers at all, so when i realised that my hubby's mother like to haf leftovers for the next day's lunch or sometimes dinner, i find it super gross....

even those soups that she cooks, normally there's leftovers and the next dinner my hubby will reheat and drink it, saying the soup taste better when it's left overnight.... 0_0" gross for me.... initially my hubby dunno dat i dun like and dun eat leftovers, he keep asking me to drink the leftover soup or leftover dish, i jus stare at him in the face and say coldly, i dun eat leftovers things, it's sucks.... even my MIL ask me to drink leftover soup, i will jus tell her i dun wan. and if she press further, i jus tell her i dun haf the habit of eating leftovers foods. tat will shut her up (of cos wif disgusted look on her face, which i dun care)

at least bbjun u lucky, no need to stay wif ur MIL, im stil stuck wif her and FIL for at least another 2yrs.........

im scared of both c-sect and natural birth, so i haven decided which method i will use...
sad.gif

cassey, that sounds bad. Even if normal healthy ppl shd not be eating leftover foods that are not kept properly! I wld really prefer to cook for my ILs to give myself food that is palatable. But, it is not possible to go agst my MIL who still thinks she cooks better. I wonder what she will say if she sees my hb's frens and my frens always licking my pots of curry chicken clean when they gather at my house. The ones that are left over are the pizzas we ordered! LOL.

gosh, y are MILs so disgustingly unhygience and gross??!!!

worse for me, cos my poor bb has to be in her care next time..... wat if she comes in my room and snatches my bb away from me..... i cannot imagine dat........

ahnetsan, can understand how u feel. My mother taught me well to gauge how much to cook to minimise leftovers. She also picks and choose what to keep and what to throw. Some dried stuff like fried items are ok to keep and reheat but soup, esply if cooked with pork ribs or chicken meat has a layer of oil, she will not keep. The meat will also turn bad in the soup and I think it will taste weird, rather than good leh. It has been ages since I last ate any leftovers.

U can use BB to give excuse not to have leftovers now. Staying with ILs always have headaches one. Have been hearing out my fren's complains about her MIL lately that I am feeling blessed not to stay with my ILs even though they do long distance harrassments thru phone calls.

Wah, wah, I keep wanting to come back and say a lot of things hahaha... But I promised myself I will stay offline today, to give my shoulder a rest. So I WILL do that now. I shall go prepare to hit town
happy.gif
Ooh, and check out Taka.

Happy chatting everyone, and have a good weekend!!

ahnetsan,
I think storing food overnight is not an ideal practice, but at the same time, I don't think everyone has the privilege of throwing food out at the end of every day so pls don't be too harsh on your ILs. Every family has had their own way of doing things until a union takes place and something changes.

I understand my mum hates having leftover food but sometimes the maid has cooked and one of us couples back out of dinner so the food goes in the fridge and I find that perfectly acceptable and not a "disgusting" practice.

I ordered Pen2 Cai4 for 6 pax for CNY Eve and have had to store that in the fridge cos we were stuffed and I didn't want to throw out the abalone, scallops and shrimps.

I have bird's nest soup at my mum's that has been kept in the fridge for a few days and I do think it tastes better cos the bird's nest is really soft and infused with sweetness from the rock sugar. YUM!!

When I cook braised pork stew that has to be simmered for hours, I cook it in bulk (1kg of meat!) and we have it over the next 3-4 days. It gets better and better as the gravy completely infuses the meat and eggs and tau kwa.

Sometimes older folks say the younger generation are so full of themselves and lack respect for them. I think it's good that we recognise our differences, but steer clear of being antagonistic abt it cos it gets us and our ILs indignant, and our hubbies get in the firing line needlessly too, when we stir up the pot. In the long term, I really don't see how that bodes well for a marriage.

sweethalo, i am considering c-section bcos i heard scary stories about natural delivery. e.g. mom suffered slip disc after taking epidural, the surgeon didnt sew back the wound properly leaving one piece of 'skin' behind, making sex painful after birth, etc.

Dear all,

IL's stories always scare me! I am bless I don't live with them. My IL dotes on the younger one, so we just like secondary when we are back. I am fine, no pressure. Cos I only visit once a week. Hubby is close to them, I just patronise. Of cos my mum makes more sense most of the time.;p

Yesterday night another case of numbness and cramps on my right arm and hand. I know I didn't sleep on it for sure cos when I woke up, I realised I am flat on my bed. It happened 2-3 times, waking me up. Now quite worried cos dunno why is it right arm and hand only.

Cassey, I try eating light as I also got no appetite for heavy food. Thanks.

bing, u just made natural delivery sounds more scary. i have never heard of the story on surgeon not sewing back wound properly!

erh.. may I ask what is babyplus???

Creamer- I am in 17th wk... hv been feeling the movements myself but can't seem to get anyone else to feel him even though I feel him. My mum said it's not kicking, just movt so nobody else can feel it yet... sigh...and I thought my hubby was just being insensitive! haha

THE ILs
My relationship with ILs also v cordial. just hi, bye and minimal small talk. we dont pretend we get along fabulously. pregnant or not, MIL is indifferent. no dinners, no tonics, no birds nest. zilch.

bbjun,
great to know that ur detailed scan went so well. and gd to have gender re-confirmed. cos i heard of so many stories about gynaes mis-reading gender of foetus.

bbjun, haha. dun worry la. i think all things comes with risk. u just have to accept the risk and know what might be coming on the way. my SIL didnt take epidural when she gave birth cos she doesnt want to take the risk from epidural. the hospital will ask u to sign an agreement form before giving u the epidural. so all the risks will be stated there lo.

in addition, she wants to fully experience child birth. i.e. all the pain la.

i think i not so 'wei da'. dun think i can take the pain.

LFB - maybe u need some gentle exercise for better blood circulation? Ask your gynae first bah.

bing- DOUBLE TRIPLE FAINTS!!! *scared*

Re: Bigger Babies
Surprisingly,it's my MIL that tells me no need baby too big... cos difficult to gibe birth.. come out then feed fat fat... ehhee... My hubby who is now a giant was borned a much smaller baby then myself... so we are of the notion that doesn't matter how big baby is as long as when he is born he is not a fussy eater
happy.gif

Sorry for the nagging ah, other MTBs. I feel quite strongly abt this.. So pls let me say my piece.

My sisters and I come from a very privileged family. But I think our real blessing is that we have a very wise and virtuous mother. She's an absolutely modern siren mum, but has always had her head fixed firmly on her shoulders.

She always reminds us that when we get married, no MIL appreciates having some random young girl her son has fallen in love with come in and tell her how to run her family. Our sexy mum never returns an unkind word for an unkind word. She always believes in "sweet-talking others into shame". With her wisdom and love, I've seen how she's won over her IL's (LARGE FAMILY OF SIBLINGS TOO).

E.g. When our neighbours starting stealing fruit from our very own mango tree we nurtured from young, she could have gone over and reasoned it out with them... Or even trimmed the tree so it's far way from their side of the property. BUT... my gorgeous mum sent our maid over with a gift of perfectly ripened fruits instead. Statement: "We would've shared our fruit with you, there was absolutely no need to stoop to stealing."

No fuss, no ugly face-offs. Point made. It was a gracious "victory".

She has always reassured us that we don't lose out by holding our peace. Cos the more husband sees the wife tolerating for his sake, the greater his respect and love for her prudence and sacrifice. I've seen the fruits of her labour - my (used to be very MCP) dad is fiercely devoted to and very protective of my mum. They even hold hands while watching tv, for goodness' sake!! But so sweet to watch.. =)

I'm carrying a boy in my womb. If he grew up, fell in love, and brought home a hard-headed, hard-mouthed woman, I'd be seriously put off by her and thoroughly disappointed in him.

*That's it* Sorry again but thanks for tuning in!

Ladies.. all of you very 'on' today hey..
happy.gif
so hard to keep up with the speed here..

Like TubbyMummy, I'll be a good reader today then..

Just one note, ooy.. Cassey, Caramelle, LFB and the other SAHMs, u guys enjoying the day while we're slogging here in office hor.. hehe dun rub the salt on our envy.. or I'll gang up with Shelisa &amp; kidnap your cats..
happy.gif

Shelisa, I also couldn't sleep last nite, but my baby's not dancing away with ur princess (mine's chaperoning yours I think.. older by a week ma..) actually I was just really tense because of the feet/leg cramp.. -_-"

oh, one last thing, sweethalo, I'm also joining the prenatal class with TMC on 14 March @AMK Hub, for the KKH awua pregnancy class on April, I decided not to go, as it's a little to late for me (I'll be in my wk 32 by then..)

Have you confirmed and paid the TMC class yet ? If yes, hope to see you there then
happy.gif

Back