(2009/06) June 2009 MTBs

hi dolly, thanks for reply.

skylermum, what price range is the baby sling? I'm thinking of getting one as well.

we switch on the aircon only occasionally. my husband's nephew also perspires a lot.

do any mummies know whether Tampines Mall or Tampines One has any nursing rooms?

Tampines mall have at all levels toilet, which century sq have at second level beside ladies toilet. Tampines one I haven explore. Always packed with people can't really move to where you want to go...

BB/Sylermum, I also have a baby that must be carried. We cant put him down in the cot to play by himself. He must have someone to entertain him and somemore he has problems sleeping also. Carry and rock for a long time sometimes gets him to sleep and sometimes dont. And when we put him down, he cries so we start the whole routine again! I am giving in to the sarong, cannot tahan already. I hardly get any rest.

I have difficulties using my beanie sling. I am thinking of getting the pupsik pouch. Its easier to use? Can use until how old?

sarong: my #1 sleep sarong too when he's younger..but now he's 19mth he auto dun wanna sleep sarong..he said sarong is for didi. with sarong is very easy for bb to fall asleep and sleep longer..if mummy scare it become a habit can put them on bed during day time when bb fall asleep half way while feeding

my hubby just bought the sarong. My baby refused to fall asleep since morning till abt 2pm despite all the nursing, carrying and rocking so he saw the urgency of getting it. The moment we set up the sarong, we put baby in it and rocked him and wala he fell asleep! he still wakes up here and there but maybe its a matter of getting used to sleeping in the sarong. Shld have gotten the sarong much earlier then no need to suffer the woes of baby not sleeping.

I also just ordered the pupsik pouch. Think i will really need it since the beanie sling is such a mess when I use it and baby refuses to settle in stroller when i bring him out.

dolly, my bb now 2 mths 1 week, at 5.2 kg. I initially ordered the M size one, but it's abit long.. and the fabric covering his face i scared he cannot breathe so exchange for an S one. It fits me better, face can breathe but all other parts like hand and leg very cramp. But to him, he seems to be able to fall asleep inside, i'm just scared that i may "curve" his leg bone or hand unintentionally.
Once my baby perspire, he will auto wake up and cry, that's why we always on aircon, but recently he has been making those grunt noises at about 5am.. so wondering whether his nose or throat too dry

Annticipating, Tampines One has nursing room! but only on level 4 or 5 i think Level 5 if i'm not wrong

bbaugustine, if things dont improve after i go back to work, i guess my mum will have to buy sarong, cos she cant take care of bb and do housework at the same time

hi thanks mummies for giving me advice on herbal bath, do we need to boil the pack or just use hot water from water heater? Think cordlife can use babybonus to pay
happy.gif

Went Mt A pharmacy today to buy the plastics caps for glass bottles. Now I have more spare bottles to keep my ebm.
Went to MIM open house, got this special offer for National day, buy 2 tops (selected style in RED or beige) for $44. Good buy!
So tired today I slept when I was feeding my boy back home, luckily I was feeding him on the bed. Woke up because he's crying for milk
happy.gif

bbaugustine: Just borrowed the sarong frame from my cousin today, hopefully it will be useful too.

SkylerMum: Mine is L size, but I still find it very squeezy leh, my boy is 4.8 kg, smaller than yours. Maybe you are small size? I wear XL clothes now.

babiesmeme: My CL didn't use the herbal pack, she boiled ginger water for me. And during confinement, we are supposed to bath using boiled water.

Blurmom: Thanks for the link! Thinking of MamyPoko cos my CL says it's good.

Received an email, in case any mummies out there are interested in more baby photography, Sean Lau Photography is having a BP.

Sean Lau BP
10 babies sign up @ $208 ($30 off our Classic Baby Package)
20 babies sign up @ $188 ($50 off our Classic Baby Package)
30 babies sign up @ $178 ($60 off our Classic Baby Package)

Expiry is 1 year

will be signing up.. intend to take maybe when he's 8-9 months old. hee if interested kindly email [email protected] so that we can enjoy cheaper price!

skylermum, AIA got one $13+ cvr accident & child critcal illness. but i'm super tight. will have to wait till i get back to work. in the meantime look ard see what shd buy. my boy slp aircon w me1 but i stay 4th flr always very humid so dont think good to put humidifer scare my things will damp and rot. i have one actually now selling at forum with ioniser. PM me if you interested.

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/449183/2729836.html?1248533979

babiesmeme, i boil it in a pot then pour to the bath tub. bath tub before hand pour cooled boiled water.

Hi ladies,

haven't visited this thread for quite some times..

Annie, how's Shelisa's doing? I still sms-ed with her when she delivered.. hope she's doing alright..

dolly, thanks for the info on Cordlife, too late for me to get it now, maybe for 2nd child.. for the PD, I went to Kinder clinic, quite pricey but very very good pd there. Went to one nearby our house (Kidslink), but not very impressed with both pd and the nurse there

Insurance: Wanted to get MyShield Advance for bb, but thinking of exploring other options for child (family) hospitalization cover, anyone can share information on this ?

BB: bb having reflux and some colic as well, using doctor's zantac & motillium, plus Friso Comfort doesn't really help, worse still, getting baby's poo only every 3 days.. back to normal formula now, but carry bb up after feeding, less milk spilling

morning to al mommies...

Ling- Shelisa doing fine & sermaine really listen to her
happy.gif

if sermaine make noise shelisa jus said shut up & she really keep quiet hahhahahhaha
happy.gif

well train already not like mine told nesher cannot cry so loud & he cry even louder...(headache)
regarding bout insurance coverage- shelisa bought frm my hubby who is frm prudential using her medisave & no cash involved.. if u want to know more u can email him : [email protected]

breanna- gripe water i gave to Nesher after his bath..once in the morning one in the evening
happy.gif

& i didnt add water in it jus pour one teaspoon & let him suck...

tis morning hubby ask me we got motherhood forum so do father got forum too... hahahhahahaa

<font color="0000ff">qi7,

i tried giant brand, cheap and good.. quite soft.. it's like the pureen dry 5 diapers, cloth-like type..

Re : ameda pump / pumping bm
does the nipple become swollen become swollen during/after pumping ah? if it does, odes it mean the funnel too small/too big?? i still using the standard size one.. is it i shd buy the bigger one cos become swollen (but after that will shrink again..)</font>

thanks qi7 &amp; skylermum, I went to Tampines 1 yesterday. Their nursing rooms are on 2nd floor and 5th floor, but the one on 5th floor is cleaner &amp; less noisy.

Annie: Wow, both Shelisa and your baby so cute! haha, fighting each other
happy.gif

11_beans: The size of the funnel is the size of the tip of nipple. Can your nipple go thru the hole freely? Mine dun really touch the side.

ANNticipating: Thanks for the info, think the higher floor got less people visiting. The nursing room at Paragon also like that, the 5th floor one looks better than the 3rd floor one.

Nevertheless, still like the Taka nursing room, at least got other mummies to talk to
happy.gif

dolly- at 1st we will comparing the size of our babies &amp; my baby really bigger than her althought she is two weeks older ..then sermaine hit my baby &amp; my baby hit her back hahahaha
happy.gif

tis coming week we can compare wif jess &amp; your babies...
my baby is now 5.186kg &amp; 58cm long frrm his checkup on fri

babiesmeme,the herbs i use a metal pot to boil. use kettle then later whole family drk water got a smell.. can get those metal basin pot aiyoh i dont know how to describe.. can find it at those shop that sell pails. or find a pot that u dont use at least a week before and after confinement. u cant use one that u use to cook and boil herb on the same day oily mah.

11beans i use L size supershield frm mumsfairy. i not big breast 70b only b4 preg but now need use L! ya mine will suck till fat and big during pump too. i though it's normal?? but the nipple (not aerola) shd not hit the wall if not will bruise very pain one.. actually i exclusive pump i feel my skin outside aerola pain too.. like that suck in &amp; out so many times a day hw to nt pain right?

sermaine &amp; nesher so cute! ! haha "qing mei zu ma" next time can "wedding bell"

the sarong works to make baby sleep in the day. So happy! But he still doesnt sleep very long heh...but at least it helps coax him to sleep and the auto rocking thing saves me time and energy too!

hi there,
I just realised tat most of the babies here got check up. I only brought Daylon for check up 1 week after birth. Other than that, we didn't have any follow up appt for him any more! Is this normal?

<font color="0000ff">createjoy
ya.. during pump the size changes.. at one point it gets harder not to touch the wall of the funnel then gotta aim and aim..
i ordering the m and L size ones to try see got diff or not..

dolly >> ya can go in but afetr pump it become just nice almost the same size as the funnel hole.. siao ~ lol

just came back from expo at 10pm.. was out for 6.5 hours.. wahh.. super hard breast when i came back and pumped 7 ounces sia~ now shiok liao.. lol</font>

<font color="0000ff">blurmom
my kiddo also no checkup.. no problem dun see doc lah!! heh. that's good mah.. no?? but vaccine jabs are due to be taken??</font>

11_beans: Vaccine jab can start taking at 2months, my boy went for 1 month checkup but didn't jab cos we going for the 6 in 1 (+ Hep B) instead of the 5 in 1

Yeah, last week my breast also very engorged after going out for an evening out! Was so relieve when I get back and pump 100 ml both sides!

Blurmom: Yeah,if you decided to go for 6 in 1, and baby's ok, then think can skip the 1st month visit. Wow, your boy 2 month already!

i find white noise oso work quite well in coaxing them to sleep or at least calm them down a little. Downloaded them from itunes store hee

oh createjoy, I was thinking of buying a kettle specially for boiling herbs only which I think is more convenient, pot I think will spill all over. So the hearb is in a pack? I use electric dispenser for drinking water.

is my baby too small?? birth weight 2.9kg.. he gained 800g in one month.. think just hit 4kg yesterday.. 53cm long last monday from 49cm at birth.. he's 41 days old today..

i delivered on 2 jun. my girl is 55 days old nw. as i am a first time mother, i wld really appreciate sharing of parentin experience wif everyone here.

my girl has only been to polyclinic for jaundice check after discharge fr KKH. At the 4th visit, we were told tat the bilirubin readings were good so no more follow up reqd. Since then, she has nt seen any doc so I dun even noe her wt gain till date!

i intend to bring her to a GP near my place for 6-in-1 later tis week. is it necessary to bring baby to paed? Any good paeds to recommend in AMK area or maybe I shld just bring her back to KKH.

dolly- oh oh guess my bb overweight.. he drinking 130ml every two hours.

createjoy- cannot wedding bell lah... nesher is younger than sermaine hahaha

anyone who has removed baby's mittens? i read tat mittens may hamper motor skills development and shld be removed ard 6 weeks of age. my girl scratched her face when i removed it today, although i just cut her nails. heartpain!!

rosel: Welcome! Yeah, let's share around, most of us are new mommies.

Was trying to remove the mittens too and my boy got 2 scratches. Think got to cut his nails again. The scars heals really fast though, so not so worrying

<font color="0000ff">mittens :
i reomve his mittens and booties daily when he's in a good mood to play with him and touch touch..

i keep those on when he's cranky though.. cos cranky always go grab the face dunno why.. haa

ya but even if scratch, heals very fast so no worries la
happy.gif
</font>

bbjun: Oh emery board! Hubby was suggestig filer, but I think that one too rough. But will emery board makes their nail harder?

11_Beans: I also remove his mittens sometimes when I breast feed, nothing to do so play w his fingers or toes... haha so cute! My boy also like to grab face when cranky

dolly, I don't think so. It just to file away the sharp edges so that bb doesn't end up scratching himself. The edges are the ones that tends to be sharp after one day. I oredi kena from my boi once when he wanted to grab me for security.

today i also noticed a scratch on my boy's face cos i stopped wearing mittens for him. I cut his nails over the weekend and he still managed to scratch himself..sigh.

Hi mothers! i'm back! haha

bb tends to be very awake in the day time..even if slp, its very light and wakes up easily..isit normal?
oh n their healing power is really fast..cos i ever try to remove her acne(itchy finger mummy) then it becomes red...i was so worried...after a few hrs..the red spot gone n pimple gone! heng ah

my fb - [email protected]
blog - www.kirstenkhoo.blogspot.com

Hi mothers,

My boy is also very light sleeper. I will let him sleep on his chest in order for him to sleep longer. If he sleep on his back, he will wake up very fast. (10mins to 30 mins)

He only go to sleep in sarong or on my chest. Sarong did not work for him all the time. My boy is 8 wks now and is ard 5.5kg and 59cm.

I am feeding him with one fm bottle feed everyday.

Back