(2009/03) March 2009 MTBs

Devil,

U need to ask yrslf... What do u really need? Getting a car these days aren't cheap... Like what one minister said, "The cheap cars days are over."

I would encourage u to get class 3 as it's a skill lifelong.. The rest, u need to discuss with yr hubby n use an excel to generate how much to spend mthly...

Hope the above helps..
happy.gif

Asura..

Thanks.. actually i like spicy ones as well but i normally get hungry faster or get gastritis if i eat spicy food nowadays.. think i old liao.. that's why stomach so sensitive..

Jenn..
Hubs will only touch down at 1.20pm tonight.. and by the time he gets home.. midnight liao.. u still popeye chicken?

if yes.. u come over and pick it up hor.. tell me before her touch down then i ask my bro in-law to buy first.. hehehe

Hehe... Lenny, by then I already play chess with Zhou Gong.... *Muhahaha.... Need my beauty zzz .... U waiting 4 hubby tonight then buffet? *winks....
happy.gif

Wahahaha jen u very fast leh... Lenny hb returning tonight and u said buffet.. Haha

Devil, I also just got an indonesian maid 3 mths Liao. If really vomit blood I think I already have no more blood.
I'm paying $360 + $170 for this maid. Initial payment I paid $700 plus includes exam fee, body checkup, maid insurance, bond protector... Can't remember whether this is all.
She is forgetful, does not clean very well, will day dream, look sleepy even after drinking kopi, doesnt take instruction well (probably due to our Lang barrier) everytime give her instruction she will say yes yes but when she does the thing it come out wrong. She will also tell harmless lies.
The only thing abt her is so far she hasn't show face or argue with me yet.
If u r getting a maid, the salary now is $450 for fresh indo
Maid according to my agent whom I just called to check if i
can change maid. For filippino it's $500 plus and they need off days

Oh ya ...devil I would discourage u from leaving yr kids with maid alone. It's too risky. You'll still need someone to
Monitor the maid while u r working. For me I'm quiting my job to stay at hm to care for my sons and watch over the 'daughter' (maid- cos she calls me 'mom' when she mean to call 'mam') :p

Strawberry..

I heard from my mom that their are raising the Indonesian maid salary to match the Filipina's cos the experienced Indonesian maid, which we assumed to be the better ones are heading to HongKong to get better remuneration.

Oh man there goes my hope of ever getting a maid, my domestic CEO doesn't approve *sigh* looks like I'll have to pile up the dishes and leave the laundry as is until he relents! Wahahaaaaa *Snigger Snigger*

strawberry,

U mean $450 + $170 for indo new maid and $500+ + $170 levy for phi maid? Wow... increased till sooo much liaoz... Dun think mt hubby wants if so ex now.. Haiz...

I think i will still need my mom to look after the maid. But at least she dun need to travel to my place soo early in the morning...
sad.gif

Hi Devil, yes! U r right. For Phil newspaper article mentioned it's ard $540 I think. The news abt Indonesian maids just come out recently in the news. My mil told me first but I didn't take it to heart til I called my agent. Alternative for u is to go for Myanmar Maid or take indo transfer maid but a note of caution : usually transfer maids r mostly rejected maids though there r cases where it's becos the expats employers r
returning to their own country etc.. I feel it's impt to go to a gd maid agency. Shld go to an agency that charges an
agency fee than an agency who doesn't charge. A bigger agency also has a higher chance of u transferring a maid out if the maid u employed is not suitable.

Good Morning!

No monday blues for me this week since I am taking leave tomorrow.. hee hee.. cant wait for next week to come cos it is super short week! hahahha

good morning mummies ...
ask u ... can our LO take birdnest ? my girl wan to drink mine & i just gave her some .. coz not sure if they can take it .. I put 'pao sheng', red date with some rock sugar ...

Devil, your part time good ? looking for 1 .. cant afford to do some much housework now .. no energy

sinmey,

I think the only problem with birdnest is worry whether they have allergy. Otherwise, unlike sharksfin which is difficult to digest, they can take lah.. more protein for them. I havent tried giving my girl birdnest yet cos i havent took any recently.

strawberry, thanks... So expensive... Dun think my hubby wants... Let me check with the agencies...
sad.gif

Sinmey, yes, she is very good and very clean. She is from China.
happy.gif
Her rates is $50 for about 4 hours...

Starflower,
Yakult can drink ba ... since they can even eat yogurt..
my girl's cc is offering the yakult drinking session every 1-2 wks (cant remember) ..

ya... 2 bottles a week right? initially kirs didnt like it... she vomited.. ahaha.. so they didnt let her drink but paid so she wld bring it home.. then papa has to drink it... hee hee.. now i didnt order for her olredi... she jus has to drink plain water! =P

2 bottle a wk ? i tot 1 per wk or per 2 wks ?
initially i didnt order, coz i am not sure if she like it .. i ask Sandy & she told me she ever gave her & she doesnt like as it's cold (I nvr give her cold drink). But there's 1 time she ask me to buy when we went ntuc, she said 'i wan Yakult', so i bought for her .. she seems to like it now ... Dun dare to give her too much, coz the last time i gave her Yogurt, she ends up lao sai (not the bad type, just having soft stool for 2-3 days)

Just returned from PD... HK caught the flu bug again this time frm korkor HY.
PD didn't give any med coz she said I've everything at home. He had just seen the dr earlier this mth... Now got the flu bug again. Super sian. Luckily Hy getting better already...

sinmey - hmmm... cindy was telling me that some parents say its good for child immunity... but i think its quite sweet... hehehehehe... anyway kirs doesnt like it so i dun give her le... for now shes on plain water... heh...

strawberrys - *HUGS* hope all goes well for u!

starflower,

My colleagues say that yakult can cause phlegm and end up having cough for some kids. So depends on whether ur boy is "phlegmy" or not. I dont give cos my MIL said that when my hb and his bro were young, they always end up with cough after drinking yakult.

Hi Missy,
Me feeling the stress now. Both kids down with flu. Maid just ran away today. Had to make police report and go agency select replacement. We just select another new indo maid salary at $380 at 6pm. Not much choices. Selected this one cos she has a 3 yr old son and her salary is second lowest and she's young at 24. Need to wait 6 - 8 weeks for her to come. Indo maid bio very limited and mostly range $400 - $480 salary and mature age 27 to 41. My agency is a very big agency and they already have such limited choices can't imagine the smaller agencies

hmmm u might wan to consider goin for basic malay course... then at least communication wldnt be a big issue... *sayang* ive never had my own maid before... as in im the boss.. but when young we had... also change quite often.. think they cnt cope looking after 5 of us.. hahaha!! we had one very good one.. but my parents caught her stealing... so had to let her go...

Yakult
My mum also said yakult not good for chidren, they will end up with cough

I also sian, Eames is having fever and now down with sore throat. So poor thing, he was whining in pain when drinking milk, and couldn't swallow his saliva. He had to keep his mouth close all the time and don't dare to laugh because scared of swallowing the saliva.

Strawberry,
can feel u .. tired taking care 2 sick kids & now with the maid issues .... jia you ok ...

Yakult,
it's just a diluted yogurt to me .. & yes, it's very cooling. i take it when i feel heaty .. haaa .. so, if ur kid belongs to those cooling body & easily get cough, just avoid it ...

Hi sinmey,

This is a testing period for me. Couldn't sleep properly last night. Feel very uneasy someone can just run off like that. Wonder what else she took ( she stole money and my bikens)
We had to double lock the wooden front door and change our gate lock today. Somemore hy called out to me 5plus for milk and then ask me to sleep beside him in his room. Then hk wake up at 6plus for milk and I had to express bm after that. Then have to clean bottles etc . Can't sleep til now.
Anyway, Thanks for yr encouragement.
happy.gif

straws - if u need support, i knw 1 person who is in same shoes as you... 2 kids, no maid... vicky.. hee hee hee... she also feel like wana peng... but she lives day by day... yr parents or in laws not able to help a bit? has HY started cc or any plygrp yet? if not, will be good if u do put him somewhere... just for few hrs is also good...
happy.gif

if not hor. mix ard with malays more. i guarantee you. within 6mths sure can pick up the language liao. wahahah! unless u super slow la. then i duno la. =x

Missy,

For all u know I am the super stupid one leh.... Muhahaha.... Saya stupid la.. Stick with Malay friends.. In the end their den lan (chinese) more powerful then me.... Wuhaha...

Paging Ms Lenny... Ho sei bo?
happy.gif

no leh. if i mix with malays hor. u wun have the chance to speak chinese liao. lol! actually, thats how i picked up malay.. in sec sch i hang out with the malays... becos my class chinese CMI... =P hahaha!

btw, stupid is bodoh. =P ahahaha!

Steady loh... Trying to show off ur Malay lang here.... Wahahah.... Tell u what... Why dun u be my Malay friend since yr Malay so Ta Kong? Ho Bo? *winks... ;)

Im at the police post now to lodge additional report. I discovered my $1000 new notes locked in my drawer has gone missing. The maid has stolen it too. I placed my key in my handbag and she must have taken it to open and scoot off with the money meant for my cny angpao. Luckily hk's full mth angpao money ard $1070 was deposited into bank last Friday when I went to change the new notes. And my wedding gold are all put at cisco safebox. Otherwise I can't imagine my losses.
She didn't take my engagement ring and the ring my mother gave me probably becos they are white gold and diamond. I'm sure if she sees gold she'll take.
Now I'm thinking whether I shld still go for replacement maid or I shld put hy in half day cc while caring for hk. And just get a Pt cleaner to come once a week to clean the hse. After this incident I'm really fearful of these people. I'm gg to inform mom to blacklist her and make sure she can never come in to work as a maid again.

jenn - i nvr said my malay was good lor. its good enough for me to communicate with a maid if i ever have one ~ and im not malay. and im just sharing how i learnt malay. but seems like u being insensitive about it. duh.

devil - u go learn lo im sure u r smart enough

Two Year old Celebration
Date: 27th feb 2011 (Sun)
Time: 11am - 1pm
Venue: Little O'Zone @ Orchid Country Club (Next to Orchid Bowl)

http://www.orchidclub.com/moby/cms/contactus/map.html

Confirmed
1) strawberrys79 + HY + HK + maid
2) missycandy / hb / kirsten
3) asura/bb C
4) Seabreeze + HB + SH + YC
5) Jennifer79 + Hubby + Jermaine + Jovia + maid
6) jo's mummy + Jovin + hubby
7) pinkdemoness + Elixir
8) Lenny & Bree
9) Lizy / hb / Vera
10)Fatfish + BB
11)Prosper + BB

Pending Confirmation
1) Sharlin + Janelle (tentative)
2) ilyena/ hub / alysa (kiv)
3) Yiyi + HB + Isaac + Isabelle
4) Pumpkinseed + BB
5) Daphne C Kang + BB

We only have 13 confirmed kids so far of which I included my #1 and Jennifer's #1. Still short of 2-4 kids to confirm the party.

Can those who are keen confirm soon? Once we hit 15 kids then I will go and place deposit k

Jennifer...

You were looking for me?

Hi Moms..
Been busy for the last whole week.. Hubs got back from work and caught the virus from us..

Been busy clearing up Bree's clothes, those that she had outgrown..bought a few space saver bags and packed them away. At the same time, taking out the next batch of clothes for her next stage.. bought them from our US trip.. Gymboree, old navy, osh kosh b'Gosh factory outlets..

Tied up with laundry so far.. next stage is to sort away her toys..; those that she has outgrew too..

Ordered a little tikes super chef kitchen for her but have not collected.. hoping to do by this week.. sigh.. don't know where to put her this toy.. now buying toys has come to a halt / very selective and turned into major decision cos of space constraints..

still hoping to get a mini bookshelf for her to put her books.. i kinda like the idea of her being able to access her books easier than putting all in a open box.

Lenny,

Old clothes: I past down Vera's to my brother as his #3 is on the way and is a girl.
happy.gif

Toys: I haven't been buying Vera toys for very long time already. I also have space constraint problem and I don't have a store room at home. So gotta really control and think twice when buying.

Bookselves for little ones. I think you should go for it. We did one for Vera and now she's acessing her books from the bookself on her own. We're still training her to put her books back to the bookselves though. Sometimes she listens but sometimes she simply let her books laying all over the floor after reading...

Back