(2009/03) March 2009 MTBs

Hi, any sengkang/punggol mummies here? I am thinking of organising a family/baby photoshoot in sengkang riverside park during one of the weekend in sept school holiday. Pm me if keen.

<font color="0077aa"><font size="+2">Reminder: Gathering TOMORROW!!</font></font>

<font color="aa00aa">Goodwood Park Hi-Tea
24th Aug (Tues)
L'Espresso from 2pm onwards
$34++ per pax (With UOB Card Promo: Buy 4 get 1 free)
</font>

<font color="ff6000">1. Mangogal
2. Seabreeze
3. Jtho
4. Lizy
5. Srumpee + bb Eames
6. sunshinebaby
7. Babe Kazooie + Shayna
8. Lenny, Hubby &amp; Bree
10. Wintertime
11. Asura
12. Daphne Kang + Helper &amp; Ugin
13. Babydreams &amp; Dylan
14. Starflower
15. Sportyger
16. Fatfish
17. Yiyi123 &amp; Hb + Baby Isabelle
18. jo's mummy (may bring bb)
19. Pei
20. Chocolate15
21. Dreamerflute + baby

Total: 23 adults + 6 babies

22. Inya &amp; Violette (kiv)</font>

Hi Jo &amp; Teddy,

Thanks for the advice. During the day, I give Ryker fresh goat milk, and Mamil HA at night.
We need to warm up the goat milk before giving to Ryker, so no point to give him goat milk at night.... no time. Now, he drank est. 240ml goat milk &amp; Mamil HA 180ml only.

Btw, I also give Ryker 'Ba Bao Shan' whenever he cough or having phelm.... is very effective than western med.

Thanks everyone who responded. She saw a doctor last weekend. Just went to see the doc again. My mum gave her Ba Bao Shan previously but she didn't react well to it. Will try the Tui Na/Osteopath.

P.Seed, C also recovered from cough/phlegm, took 2 weeks to fully clear away all, PD medication is only 80% effective even wif antobiotics. My dad bought some TCM powder n it is very effective to clear the phelgm, within 2 days! I also intend to bring her to Osteopath, but where is the effective one?

seabreeze
rx yr sms!!! see u ladies tmr!!!

yiyi
tot NAN HA still from switzerland... only the PRO fr philp... my boi on NAN PRO since birth...
mayb u wanna switch back to NAN HA since yr boi on NAN HA since birth... less foamy for HA...
which i think is much better lor

jo
my boi only signal us to poo... pee not yet...
hopefully he can master tat as well so can save more on diapers... muhahaha

P.seed &amp; mangogal
if want to bring for osteopath, can try the osteopathic clinic at Biopolis... the osteopath name is Virginia Tang.

P.seed
Yu Guo should be very near to your parents' place... it's at kembangan...

Goodwood Park Hi-Tea
24th Aug (Tues)
L'Espresso from 2pm onwards
$34++ per pax (With UOB Card Promo: Buy 4 get 1 free)

1. Mangogal
2. Seabreeze
3. Jtho
4. Lizy
5. Srumpee + bb Eames
6. sunshinebaby
7. Babe Kazooie + Shayna
8. Lenny, Hubby &amp; Bree
10. Wintertime
11. Asura
12. Daphne Kang + Helper &amp; Ugin
13. Babydreams &amp; Dylan
14. Starflower
15. Sportyger
16. Fatfish
17. Yiyi123 &amp; Hb + Baby Isabelle
18. jo's mummy + bb Jovin
19. Pei
20. Chocolate15
21. Dreamerflute + baby

Total: 23 adults + 6 babies

22. Inya &amp; Violette (kiv)

cant wait to meet u mummies later n some of you hv nt meet for ages,hehe :p
we catch up later... nw let me rush my work before I can njoy my half day later
happy.gif

hello everyone.. long time nv come in.
happy.gif

hope all are well..

tristan still having bad constipation. very demoralized. last weekend we seen tmc pd dr ang poon liat. did xray his big intestine is full of shit!.. sighs.

now hes have to take:
herbal cleansing tea for 10 days
probiotics for 1 mth
digestive enzymes for 1 mth

he also have to abstains from
-milk, yogurt, cheese, yakult (anything to do with cow's pdts)
-carrot
-leafy vegetables
-soy products
-banana
-wheat, gluten

pd also told me after 1 year old, no need for milk.. cant really stop giving him milk, so i cut down the no. of scoops. dilute with more water.

hopefully he can get over the phobia of poo poo.. he practically cries the moment he knows he tummy ache about to poo. so headache.

he is always eat pancake in ifc, and bread.. for his tea break. now all these he cant take. what can he eat for snacks?

Queenie
my own exp. I give golden kiwi every mrng n Addn serving during e day if there is a chance. She poo everyday. Last x I gave 2 servings she can poo twice.

I give earth best cereal bar n quite sweet. Must drink alot o water. Heinz juz came out w new cereal bar. Similar to earth best.

I dun agree that bb dhiukd not drink milk. How abt goat milk. If dun take milk then bb will lack dha which is impt for bb brain development. u might wanna give Nordic nature dha fish oil fr vitakids. V popular n good.

hi queenie,

have you tried changing the fm? last time my boy was constipated very badly too, sometimes poo only once every 5-7 days n he'll cried badly. i changed fm by chance and now he poo abt once a day. realised the fm plays a huge part in whether he has regular bowels.

if he doesn't poo once a day, he will def poo the 2nd day. it's much better and he's not fearful now. realised pooing can be very traumatic for our tots if need to strained very hard when constipated. hope tristan can poo regularly soon!

p/s he was constipated in the past despite me giving him peach/plum/lots of other fruits at least twice a day in the past. nowadays, just one feeding of fruit a day is sufficient.

p/p/s for snacks, how about making some apple chips or pear chips for him to munch? just need to cut very thin slices and place on baking sheet to bake in the oven, about an hr or soon. no other ingredients needed, naturally sweet and yummy
happy.gif

reverie island,
i do give tristan 2-3 fruits servings daily..
2 to be taken at ifc, and another 1 evening fruits serving in e evening. but still he gets constipated. he now already have phobia thus keep trying to hold back his bowels and the constipation cycles stay puts..

ya i also quite strange to hear tt baby after 1yo can do without milk.. goat milk is also the same, but maybe less heaty compared to cow's milk.

thanks i will go down vitakids maybe tml as is located at my office buildiing.

sung

what fm is ur boy taking n0w?
i switched from gain iq to enfalac and now friso. but again my pd strongly emphasized no matter what milk, it will still contributes to his constipation. =(

thank u for ur idea. i try to c if my microwave can bake if can i will do that for his teabreak..

now only hope he will clear away all his old stools in his intestine and cultivate good soft stools so he can overcome his phobia himself.

hi queenie,

my boy's taking gain iq now, changed from enfalac when he was younger. tink all tots different, what works for him may be diff from what can work for tristan. hope you can find the best fm for him!

p/s rem the apple/pear chips are also considered "heaty" coz baked stuff so dun give him too much if he's still got constipation prob k. must drink more water also hor.

queenie,

try not to use microwave for cooking. How abt switching to soya milk if goat and cow's milk dont work. I think baby can do without milk, only worry not enough of the essential nutrients.

Thanks seabreeze for organising the hi-tea today. Was enjoyable to catch up without baby ard. Though the scone was not as nice as i expected it to be. heh..

Some updates on the zoo gathering. The zoo's food is quite expensive other than KFC and they have informed that for KFC, they will not be allowing us to keep an area for ourselves on fri, sat and sun from now on. Thus, I propose that we have early lunch and meet there.

Our itinerary for the zoo outing is as follows:
1130 am Meet outside zoo and stroll ard the exhibits heading towards the rainforest amphitheatre

1230 pm Animal friends show at rainforest amphitheatre

1 pm Water fun at Rainforest Kidsworld Waterplay

After water fun is free and easy..
happy.gif

Appreciate if you could confirm the tickets before 31 Aug as I intend to collect the ticket money from 1 sep. Will only buy the tickets in advance if we need to buy 30 tickets and above so that we could enjoy the discount. Else, might as well get on that day.

18mths &amp; Children's Day Gathering!
venue - ZOO
date - Saturday 25th September 2010
time - 1130am
costs - $14.40 for adults &amp; $9.60 for kids 3-12yrs (pls note this is only for entrance... no food include so bring your own or buy there)

1. missycandy &amp; kirsten (kiv hb) - 1A0C
2. asura &amp; hb &amp; charlene - 2A0C (cfm)
3. daphne kang &amp; ugin - 1A0C
4. jtho, oli &amp; hb - 2A0C
5. pei &amp; mikaela - 1A0C
6. keron&amp;jeris &amp; kayla &amp; hb - 2A0C
7. babydreams &amp; dylan - 1A0C
8. mickeymummy, eddric &amp; hb - 2A0C
9. pepper &amp; ziv (kiv hb) - 1A0C
10. prosper &amp; kayle (kiv hb) - 1A0C
11. pseed &amp; alaia (kiv hb) - 1A0C
12. vicky &amp; andrea (kiv hb) - 1A0C
13. sunshinebaby &amp; bryan &amp; hb - 2A0C
14. idlecat, elva, hb - 2A0C
15. Seabreeze, YC, SH &amp; Hb - 0A0C
16. cfchangdee &amp; family - 0A0C
17. babe_kazooie, BB &amp; hb - 2A0C
18. Inya, BB &amp; hb - 0A0C
19. Kome, Aven, Anver (KIV Hb) - (1A2C)
20. Lizy, Vera &amp; HB - 2A0C
21. Piggysg, Ryker &amp; hb - 2A0C
22. Yiyi123, BBs and HB (KIV)- 2A0C

Thanks Mangogal for initiating today's high tea and thanks Seabreeze for organising it. Though I didn't manage to chat with all mummies but I enjoyed myself, so does Eames (busy running around)

Queenie
Poor tristan, must be very miserable to be constipated. But why PD said cannot take leafy vegetables? For Eames, he has to take lots of spinach in his porridge so that he will have an easy time during poo pooing. He will get constipated if he didn't have enough spinach.

Thanks to the organisers of today's high tea.. enjoyed myself even though i went there not knowing anyone hehe...

but at least now i can put the names to faces although also didn't manage to get to know everyone there..

Thanks seabreeze for organising..
let me know how much to pay..

Glad to see everyone again.. looking forward to more of such events.. so sorry that I got to leave early.

seabreeze
let me know how much to tt and thanks for organising... enjoyed myself n love the desserts there... ^_^

queenie
my boy is opp, poo very often that i really gave up on him despite i've chg few types of FM... now suspect was teething so will just leave it alone... will see how's his poo pattern aft his tooth is out...

re: vege
i agreed w srumpee... my boi oso ate spinach added to his porridge, sometimes gave him brocoli but he doesnt seem to like it...
u can try give him unless tristan don't like vege...

mummies,glad everyone enjoy the yummy hi tea and good catch up
happy.gif

Quennie, i just start to give C probiotics powder cos she can dun poo for 2 days n i get worried, how come cant take yogurt n green vege? Thot is good in fibre and digestion? C take these everyday leh. The probiotic powder helps her to poo on alternate days so is better, how many days of interval does T dun poo?

Hope T will overcome the phobia and smooth bowels for him soon
happy.gif

morning ladies ...

Glad that you gals enjoyed yourself yesterday. I did too!! Just nice that we have exactly 20 pax yesterday heehee the bill is $30 per pax ... will sms a 'damage SMS' to all later heehee

Asura ...

I agree with you hahaha my fren kept telling me how good the scones are that I didnt find it that 'amazing'. I prefer the selection and ambience at Rose Veranda BUT must say that the quality at L'espresso is better heehee

Anyway thanks in advance for organising the zoo trip. Hope that I still have the energy to walk around on that day heehee

Too bad not able to join your yesterday.
sad.gif

Haiz....one after another my 2 boys got high fever. Not enough sleep.

Hi Queenie,

Is Tristan start poo oredi ?? May be you can try : raw &amp; cooked barley (生熟意米), 花灯心 &amp; sugar roll/sticks(optional). This type of barley is meant for infant as it is not sooo cooling. Every week my mum will boil to give Ryker to drink to clear his heaty (mouth smelly) &amp; easy for poo poo. You can try.. just boil for 1/2hr.

or you can try fresh goat milk... easy to digest than cow's milk.

Mangogal
where do you buy the probiotics powder? Javen was constipated for 4 days &amp; we brought him to tmc last nite coz he practically fell aslp &amp; woke up crying every 5-10 mins. He was given 2 types of enema &amp; finally poo such big chunk out that I think even adults wld also have scream their heads off trying to poo. I think I have to start adjusting his diet or this will happen every few mths.

Dear all srumpee Mangogal sunshine bb asura
He pooed already.. After sat, I started administered the enema at hMe myself..
After he started drinking the herbal cleansing tea, the second day till now the fourth day he poo n is relatively soft now.. Thank god. Still have to continue giving him e herbal tea for six more days. Now at least he don cry murder n so fearful of pooing.. Must do whatever I can to cultivate n maintain his stools to be soft n not hard like rock..

Mangogal doc prescribed me probiotics will have to feed him everyday for a month till our next visit to tmc.

Goat milk shd be less heaty I may consider that .. Karihome right?

Green vege eg spinach. I also feed Tristan that almost every week thinking is good for him. But dr told me that leafy vege with stems are too fibrous for him to digest now.. I think is due to Tristan bad constipation system.. Can't really rem in detail.

Yogurt I used to give him everyday but yu Guo told me that will let tristan have 'wind' in his tummy.. That's why his tummy looks bloated.. Well well no matter western or eastern medicine practice, yogurt both are not recommended for Tristan case haha so I save money no need buy yoplait le
sad.gif

Asura.. Ya think again baked stuff are a lil heaty nvm next time he officially not constipated then I reward him a lil baked stuff to munch..

Jasmin
I know how u feel! Tristan poo was super big n thick.. U maybe can tk note of my ytd post on e food to abstain and see if it works..

Prosper
I think is ok

Piggysg
Thank u I will ask my mum to boil the drink for tristan
happy.gif

Prosper
Rgding supplements I used to give him vit c, multi vitamins, colostrum from gnc childlife range. I think is very gd but I stopped giving him lately but will give him soon again hth

Queenie,

The weather is very hot these days so bb needs to drink a lot of fluids to poop. I know this is true for Shayna as she drinks very little water everyday.

So now I feed her diluted honey water, every morning with her breakfast, water throughout the day and apple prune juice at night. Her hard poos have soften a lot more and she does poo almost daily now, sometimes even twice a day. Try!!

Long time no log in. Hope everyone is well
happy.gif

queenie,

fruit. lots and lots. chop up into small pieces and make sure he gets at least the equivalent of a medium size peach/apple daily. fibrous veg? chop it up really finely and make sure there is plenty of liquid in the food too. quite a lot of people when they cook spinach don't bother chopping it up cos it wilts when cooked, but the tough fibers remain long, u see... give him his own big straw bottle with his preferred drink and let him hold on to it so that he drinks whenever he wants to. make sure he drinks abt half a litre a day. fibre is good for softening poo but without water to keep it bulky it does cause worse constipation. that is why fruit is a good choice. if he takes cereal, make sure it's not too sticky and heavy, ie make sure there is a lot of liquid/milk in it.

the worst things that cause constip in kiddies is starchy, heavy food like bread/biscuits and other junk. instruct the nursery that u prefer if he eats fruit or something like that.

Good morning

So many mummies give supplement to your lil ones? Since young till now i don't quite like the ideas of taking supplements, so did not gave any to my 2 boys too.

Morning ...

I only give cod liver oil to SH cos thats suitable for bb 7mth and above.

Gave my #1 Vit C + DHA and berry stuff (for eyes) cos he attends full day child care. Realise that he doesnt fall sick as often and usually recover much faster.

I personally feel that its just a supplement and it doesnt replace the actual fruits/vegetable. So its fine + Vit C is water soulable, which means thats whatever that is in excess will get passed out.

mommies
do u know any good playgroup in sengkang area?
til now havent do any research yet...plan to enter my boy to a playgroup when he's 2 or 2.5 yrs...do we really need to register like 1 yr before that?

<font color="119911">dear mummies, sorry to interrude, im lookin for ergo/manduca carrier for my sil, pls PM me if u are sellin one. tks! </font>

hi miss83,

r u staying at sengkang too? hee i started searching abt 3 mths back but din find too many playgroups in sengkang area. most is with childcare centres, e.g half day program but i prefer only 2-3 hrs type.

i found:
1) Appletree (only take in fm 3 yrs onwards)
2) Talentplus playgroup (usually at RC area, area very small but could be very near house)

i'm eyeing talentplus now coz very near my plc and easier as a trial out first for my boy who has never attended classes before.

hee do let me know if you know of any other good playgroup
happy.gif

any mommies here got confinement nanny to recommend me? My previous one is booked during my EDD period n called a few but they also booked!! now then i know confinement nanny biz is v good lor.
sad.gif
now got problem finding a good one... sian....

Back