(2009/03) March 2009 MTBs

Hi mummies,
a forum mummies of preemies thread is gg to give out her EBM (march one) FOC. collection fr NUH or changi. she got to clear to make way for april and MAy. she got so much bm that now finding difficulities in storage.

<font color="119911">DAPHNE </font>,
hey, u better than me wor..at least u can hit up to 220ml. so far, the only ONE and ONE time I hit 215ml and then no more. my average now 4 times a day is 625ml - 730ml. per session is 125ml - 195ml. now never hit 200ml one.

hmm...latch him on...do u latch him on now? scared long time never latch, he prefer bottles wor...just like my boy loh. impatient bec milk flow slow, nipple big big and cannot grab properly then will be pek chek and scream.

<font color="119911">Kris</font>,
oic.thks for infor on the avent. me still looking for 1 screw ring....for storage bottle. dunno why got the whole set except screw ring.

thanks babes. might go and see a GP in a while. Fever has come down. Last night it went up to a 38.5C. WOnder I was feeling light headed and got the shivers. :p

This is what Polo from Tomato studio got ack to me.

I'm making my payment liao. so looking forward to it. I am the opposite of you girls leh, queenie and pepper. I regretted not taking her shots when she was 5 days old, like what Babe (the mommie in Melbourne) did.

WOW babe your baby shots are really taken by a top class photographer. None of the ones I've seen so far even comes close in terms of artistic talent. If you guys have babe in your facebook you should check out her 5 days newborn pics. That's really something.

"Thanks for your email.

The promo is $250 and will includes 50-80 images on CD. We will do color correction and cropping before giving them to you so the images looks accurate and nice. We don’t limit number of people in the shots as long as they are one immediate family. So yes, parents are welcome to join in. We will choose those images for you and will give you as many as we have. Please let me know soon if you want to book, but weekdays are generally ok still. Some clients actually prepay and let me know the dates later on. As you know, we generally don’t offer the promo once the deadline has passed. It is about 7 days before the end of the booking, so you might need to act quick."

thanks again everyone. Much better now. ciao!
Daphne, hehehe you are welcome!

where is tomato studio located? alfafa...

this sounds great!

mayb queenie can help to check/ confirm abt e images to b kept in e DVD...then we can make a comparison...
happy.gif

alfafa...bb fotography is indeed best taken within bb's 1 mth...when his body all soft n nice...so vulnerable too...
happy.gif

oh i love Prospers' photos on her FB! Baby Kayle looks like an angel w pretty mummy and good looking daddy, such a photogenic family
happy.gif

Alfafa, paracetamol is aye ok
happy.gif
i'm having a mild sore throat, no thanks to the heat, doc gave lozenges and i asked for paracetamol to standby in case i get migraines.

Leaving for bali tomorrow, kinda looking forward yet dreading the trip. Can u imagine, cool seabreezes, sandy beaches, sun decks under shady trees, tourists swimming and sipping chilled coconuts and suddenly "gek gok gek gok"...one bare naked lady popping her boobs out to a pumping machine!Hehehee...who knows, maybe someone might walk by and say "mam, how much the drink for my baby? 10K Rupiahs?"

Lady selling Medela parts on BP, her price for breastshields are cheaper ($21) than Mothercare $31) but need) to wait 3 weeks, give up. Anyone tried the softshields before (24mm), any reviews?

hi mommies..

the images to be kept in e dvd is 5 only. unless u top up the pics. $30 each.. buy back all will be $250 but in high resolution.
happy.gif

Sean lau
- latest update..

1. Shing Hsiu/ bb abel
2. Jacinda (my frien)/ bb joash
3. hoho03/ bb bryan
4. Lenny Susanty, Brian Jim &amp; Baby Brianne (Tentative...)
5. sportyger &amp; bb Marissa Ann
6. Queenie &amp; Tristan
7. missycandy, hubby &amp; Kirsten (KIV)
8. p3pp3r &amp; bb ziv (Kiv)
9. Seabreeze (Would like to include my #1 in the photo)- must we cfm the number of pax now? not required
10. Jo &amp; Eddric
11. Scrumpee and bb Eames

alfafa
I agree, this photographer has a keen eye. But her work comes at a price! I couldn't help myself falling in love with her skills so I had to engage her to take shayna's newborn pix no matter what... guess being here in Melbourne also saves me a bit of temptation from all the BP seen on this thread!! LOLs See you gals are having so much fun on the gatherings and purchases, I'm missing out!!

I just went to the dentist today and that cost me a bomb too! $400!!! Stiff.
sad.gif

Have a great weekend mummies.
happy.gif

can i ask those mummies who nurse on the go...do u all wear nursing bras with the bra pads to prevent milk from leaking out or the padding of the nursing bra itself acts as a bra pad to prevent the milk from leaking out?

cos thinking if wear the bra pads like v ley chey to nurse on the go rite...hee...

pinksorbet
I wear nursing bra with pigeon disposable pads everytime, even at home. I just pull down the cup whenever I have to feed. I use my nursing bib in public.

scrumpee - yes my gynae says we are fertile even though we r bf-ing...so mus take precaution if dun wan to get preggie...hehe...

babe - thanks ya...i'm tempted to buy nursing clothes online...my my...i've been so addicted to online shopping these days....haiz...realli gotta control myself woah....

Ida
hope your boy get well soon.

Photography
looks like tomato studio's offer is quite good too, at least we can keep more photos whereas Sean lau only 5 and if parents want to be included, there are additional charge....if add all these extra up, price is very close to Tomato studios. Umm...need to check withy hubby before I can decide.

Sorry, Queenie, if hb choose tomato, I will have to drop out from the Sean Lau list.

alfafa,
are u having a fever and no other discomfort? if so, it may be mastitis. do take care and make sure that the medication from GP is safe for breastfeeding. i took panadol when i was breastfeeding too, it's safe, don't worry.

pinksorbet,
i just wear the nursing bra without the breast pad. however, if u have strong letdown on the other breast when u r nursing, better use the breastpad as well. soon, the bm supply will match the demand, and there will be reduced leakage. breastpads wun be necessary then.

srumpee
No problem. I also have to discuss w hb abt tomato.

Alfafa
Can put 50percent dep with tomato n have the sh0ot later on like say mths ltr?
Ya i wanted to tk newborn sh0ots bt didnt haf d chance

daphne/sassy/scrumpee - thanks.. he is trying hard to peel off the hardened glue when we are nt looking... haizzz

sassy.. really? my gerls will be delighted... but pardon my boy then.. he will be loving to walk in so much of space.. so i wanna join
happy.gif

vernice... can include me in.. we can share cab again.. bt u bringing ur maid???

Several mummies are not feeling well. And Ida's son too.
2488109.gif
soon.

teddybear: I am pumping less now. 100ml per breast, 3x a day, every 8 hrs. When I was pumping 120ml, boobs still tend to get very engorged and uncomfortable. Sometimes get electric current-like spasms.
2488110.gif

softshields: Nope, have not tried them. Too small for moi.

pinksorbet: Tks for the warning. I thought as long as no menses = won't get pregnant.

HI Queenie...e tomato offer sounds GGGUUUUDDDD!

Better value for $, in tat case...tink my frien n i Jacinda need to reconsider...kindly put us on kiv mode...thks much 4 fighting for us!!!

alfafa, can create a list for TOMATO keenies? Having more shots mean we can put them in FB n even compile into an album...is it $250 nett? To cfm, means put $125 as deposit?

but hor....alfafa, if u look 2 e promo ad done by TOMATO, they mention'50-80 shots per shooting'...this may not necessarily mean '50-80 pix per CD'...Seanlau oso does a lot of shots...but in e end we choose only 5. Additional ones to top up...whereas TOMATO's additional top ups cheaper yehh...better check carefully wait we get disappointed....

i will oso call to find out...
happy.gif

can help u to collate if u dun mind...esp u still recovering...
happy.gif

Yesterday made a 3rd trip down to TMC parentcraft and these are what I learned.

Ethan is 2.5 mths old, bottle-fed.

1) As he makes this "click" sound when he drinks, it is time to change the Avent bottle teat to number 3.

2) At his age, there is no need to stop the feed halfway to burp him. Can just feed him one shot then burp him or let him burp by himself.

3) I was feeding him 120ml but after feeding, he still keeps sticking out his tongue. He is still hungry. I have upped his milk intake to 130ml.

tw
no problem. actually i also have to discuss with hb abt it .. :p it will be good if u can check .. TIA. most impt is both parents n darlin enjoy ..

hi called e fotographer frm Tomato...

1. 2 pgrs on duty
2. fotoz all coloured...can b other modes if u
prefer
3. can take either @ ur home or studio
4. 100% payment; no 50% deposit
5. get to keep 50-80 shots in e CD...if bb
cooperative n take 100 varied shots, u can
keep all too 2 no top up price...
6. Not necessary to top up for additional fotoz
7. Mus take within June/July...if wish to extend,
u not entitled for e promo price...

Hope this helps in ur selection of bb pgrs...
happy.gif

seanlau...props-ish
tomato...au natural...simplicity

my 2 cents worth obn
happy.gif
frm e looks of it seanlau does pale in comparision...
happy.gif

hey did u gals went for the philips fair?
they are selling AVENT products there..worth going. hubby went there this morning.

Gathering @ CompassPoint - By Jo(mickeymummy)
Wed, 27th May @ Swensens. Meet @ 1230 pm
Mothers, can PM me(Jo) ur HP no? I have kome, kris, bluebell and Pei's HP nos oredi
Confirmed attendees
1.ida &amp; akmal rizqin
2. pups
3. Kome
4. jo
5. kris
6. sportyger
7. bluebell
8. pei
9. lipstar

Gathering @ CompassPoint - By Jo(mickeymummy)
Wed, 27th May @ Swensens. Meet @ 1230 pm
Mothers, can PM me(Jo) ur HP no? I have kome, kris, bluebell and Pei's HP nos oredi
Confirmed attendees
1.ida &amp; akmal rizqin
2. pups
3. Kome
4. jo
5. kris
6. sportyger
7. bluebell
8. pei
9. lipstar
10. p3pp3r &amp; cousin

<font color="119911">Re: Ikea lunch
Date: 28/5 @ 11am

1. Kris n bb
2. teddybaby n bb
3. queenie n bb
4. ann n bb
5. vernice n bb

mummies pls PM me ur HP.</font>

hi Queenie, after looking at tomato promo, it seems good and for seanlau parents need to pay extra. Please put me in KIV too, thanks!

<font color="ff0000">seabreeze</font> - heehee i know how to ddrive there but if got no car, i donno what bus there..

<font color="ff0000">queenie</font> - ah 27 huh?? stop at ikea?

<font color="ff0000">alfafa</font> - hope u feeling better liao. btw can continuw bf with panadol. i checked with doc before

<font color="ff0000">ida</font> - hope ur boy is ok liao. haha the idea was mooted by u mah...can still join lah..most probably will bring maid..we see how again

lipstar,
my boy is using vari-flo teats.. and he take about 45mins to finish 5oz.
This 45mins include burping and changing of diapers..

is it too slow?!?

st,
can remember, whats the price for Avent electric pump?

Pinksorbet,

I do wear nursing bras and disposable nursing pads. so far.. i havent bought padded nursing bras yet. i was hoping to get good buys at the motherhood fair.

i went to the lactation class during my stay at TMC.. we were told that we have to wear bras to hold up our breasts.. this is to encourage good flow and prevent breast from sagging

hoho03
Avent electric Single pump is $229..Dual one is $598

Lenny
I also went to the LC at TMC..but they didn't mention abt the bra lor (if i remember clearly) Sigh i did try to wear but felt uncomfortable now breast sag liao

starflower - if u have big nips. u cn forget abt the medela soft fit. i used it. so did asura. flow not as much. and caused discomfort to our nips too!!!

Hi, sorry to intrude. I have 2 bottles of Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser (473ml) for sale at $14 each. This cleanser is recommended for baby's daily bath by the paediatrician, and I overstocked on it.

This cleanser is "recommended by Dermatologists for years for people with special skin needs like acne, rosacea, or eczema because of its gentleness. Cetaphil® Gentle Skin Cleanser is gentle enough for children, teens and adults", as described by the Cetaphil website.

Expires in Oct 2009, collection at Kovan station only, interested parties please PM me.

daphne - the motherhood fair @ expo is frm 4th june to 7th june. =) we're going on the 4th! let me knw if wan to join in.

pinkdemon - elixir looks like u! hee hee

Yor...i hav paid $250 for e TOMATO promo...tink their value surpasses tat of sl...i not sure of sl uses flash but looking forward to e appt w TOMATO...
happy.gif

whoever interested can jus call as i don tink they offer bulk disc like tat of sl...

ive bought similac fm to try for mybb...previously tried enfalac...ani1 who uses similac, pls give me ur comments like taste/suitability/texture etc...my galfrien says enfalac tastes sweeter n similac is e fm used by kk so i decide to heed her suggestion...is it wise to make this change? How do moms who change brand of fm do tat w/o causing bb to resist? Tks...
happy.gif

oh ya, my connecta carrier came on courier today...wooorrr...very excited to try out but still figuring out...will try it w a pillow 1st...
happy.gif

tusky - when i changed kirsten's fm frm enfalac to friso, i didnt have any issues leh.. she jus drank... but when i tried to change frm friso to s26, she cried and only drank half... -_-" u might want to try and see the outcome... wooooo!!! do post pic of ur connectaaaa!! cant wait to see it!!!

afcai,
My aim is tbf for as long as I can, or at least for the first 6 months then partial when baby starts solids. However, I know it is going to be tough once I go back to work. Unlike during my #1's time, my workload and work commitment has increased quite a bit now. I am wondering if I can still keep to a twice a day pumping schedule at work. If I can't due to the numerous meetings I have to attend or review sessions I have to sit through, then it is really not going to be easy.

Ida,
I hope your son is much better now....

Alfafa,
You ok already?

Daphne,
Ha! I can identify with the using handphone to surf in the dark :p Esp when I have to cuddle the baby to sleep and am falling asleep myself. I thought I better just surf net with my phone to keep me awake instead of falling asleep and dropping the baby :p

Starflower,
YOu are too funny with your hypothetical situation. rofl

Hi,
Anyone selling their breast pump? I'm only looking for Ameda Lactaline brand.
Thanks. Pls PM me if there is.
I'm from the April thread.

Wahh.. like bad luck leh i.. now my bike broke down at clementi then hubby now has to sleep over fren’s home there as emas brought bike to the nearest carpark.. n no public transport goes to his werk place in the new part in tuas.. so clementi is nearer.. he werks tomorrow also… haizzzzz

1. hubby lost job
2. found job aft 2 months.. accident during 1st week
3. boy fell n had a bad cut
4. now this.. haizzzz

haaa...scrumpeee, true or not? wont bb get diabetes?!

s26...missycandy, my cousin loves this brand as she claims tat this is wat that makes her children chubbs bbs...frankly speaking e reason i ask abt changing brand is i really dun wan to waste e new tin...enfalac, i get this cos itz e most visible brand tat positions in my mind...jus wan 2 make sure tat now, i get e brand tat most bbs here take to play safe...so mayb mums on fm...wat r u using now? Similac/Friso/Enfalac/Nan/Mamil/S26/Karihome etc...

On e other hand, i dun mind sticking to enfalac too...hope to hear frm u...e switch to fm is to ensure tat my bb won b fussy over bm/fm...i hope to give him as much bm as i can, supplemented w fm...b4 doing e reverse by e time i start work.

Most imptly...my mom wont panic when bb in her care during weekdays...
happy.gif
mayb this is wat i mean by weaning in some sense...

connecta...looks a bit confusing in e instructions shown missycandy...gotta take time to figure out 1st...once confident, will show ya?
happy.gif

thanks peeps, so touched by your concern. Just nursed her and am going to sleep now. Very tired. Thought I was on the road to recovery this morning but how wrong I was. My fever hit 39.2 by noon time, with a splitting headache, painful joints and sore breasts. Got the shivers too. Almost wanted to faint liao.

Irene, was it you who suggestd it might be mastitis? Yah I think you are right. In hindsight I did notice a bruised feeling on my left breast just a day or two before I fell sick. Then the lump got progressivel larger.

I've been nursing her as much as I could today, simply because I have no energy to play with her or sooth her according to the EASY method. So I was unwittingly doing the right thing by mastitis treatment. Would like to think I am better now. Fever has come down to 37.5. Hopefully it doesn;t shoot up suddenly like this morning.

Horrible experience.

Learning point/s:
(1)
wear a nice comfortable bra. My tube bras are comfortable, but I think part of the reason for this plugged duct is that instead of tugging the whole frontal piece down when nursing I just drag the cup area down ... so the elastic band is "cupping" my breast from underneath. I suspect that caused blockage in my ducts.

(2) get more rest
apparently not enough rest is another reason; nature's way of telling mommy that her body can't take the stress.

(3) a great tip for self-made hot compress
read this on kelly mom. Instead of messy wet towels that don't retain heat well and drips all over, soak a clean disposable diaper in hot water. Squeeze it a little dry, and use that as a hot compress.

Back