(2009/03) March 2009 MTBs


Interested in Playmat:
1) Alfafa
2) Prosper
3) Jtho
4) Starflower - LG Prime: Pooh flower Hill
5) Pei (lemontee)
6) Jo (mickeymummy)
7) Queenie
8) Irene
9) Vivien
10) Agnes chew
11) Sung
12) fatfish
13) tuskywoollie

Sophie Giraffe
1) Starflower
2) Sassybaby
3) Sportyger
4) Cindy
5) Lenny susanty
6) Missycandy
7) Kome
8) Queenie
9) Sung
10) fatfish
11) Ann (annmelody)
12) minnie24
13) irene
 
Interested in Playmat:
1) Alfafa
2) Prosper
3) Jtho
4) Starflower - LG Prime: Pooh flower Hill
5) Pei (lemontee)
6) Jo (mickeymummy)
7) Queenie
8) Irene
9) Vivien
10) Agnes chew
11) Sung
12) fatfish
13) tuskywoollie

Sophie Giraffe
1) Starflower
2) Sassybaby
3) Sportyger
4) Cindy
5) Lenny susanty
6) Missycandy
7) Kome
8) Queenie
9) Sung
10) fatfish
11) Ann (annmelody)
12) minnie24
13) irene
14) hoho03
 
jean, why failed? Aiyo, keep trying! U can do it! Oh yes Hehe, the sophie, u are coordinating with pumpkinseed to bring back ma? ie, each bring half? getting quite many orders liao man... Hoho.
 
Hey,I am also interested in the playmat and sophie too.Sophie reminds me of the giraffe from Paul Frank. So cute...

Interested in Playmat:
1) Alfafa
2) Prosper
3) Jtho
4) Starflower - LG Prime: Pooh flower Hill
5) Pei (lemontee)
6) Jo (mickeymummy)
7) Queenie
8) Irene
9) Vivien
10) Agnes chew
11) Sung
12) fatfish
13) tuskywoollie
14) Meerkat

Sophie Giraffe
1) Starflower
2) Sassybaby
3) Sportyger
4) Cindy
5) Lenny susanty
6) Missycandy
7) Kome
8) Queenie
9) Sung
10) fatfish
11) Ann (annmelody)
12) minnie24
13) irene
14) hoho03
15) Meerkat
 
Wow biang. I log on at about midnight last night and almost fainted. hahahahah dont know how come I become embroiled in this "conspiracy". I didn't mean to do a BP within a BP lah. Really wanted to get about 3 pieces initially for me, SILs and friend so thought might try for better price. Anyway, now we are giving our friend the ferrari carseat (wow, very handsome seat. my hubby is obsessed over that seat right now), and my SIL my babyplus instead so no longer need to buy so many.

you all very cute leh. 1 thing I learn through the pikkolo incident is ... when you put everything on the forum, the seller can see the interest level and qty already. Your bargaining power diminishes instantly. ok lah ... but at least this one is not a monopoly, we can easily go to someone else. Oh yes, don;t be surprised if they are readig it right now. *waves*

haven't read today's posts.

Well, since it is all out in public forum liao ...

Have texted alien, whom none of you have gone in to post yet and the best she can do is $233, 5 pieces, delivery to one place. She only has 5 pieces of yellow bear for now. Not worth it lah, delivery is important for most I believe. You guys might want to try other sellers but I notice so many of you have gone to the world of korea thread to express interest liao. Hmm ... she might or might not then want to lower price.

I'm happy to buy at $233 (if 4 other mommies want to pick up from my place) or the current promo price of $238 with delivery actually but if someone has more energy, pls feel free to pick up the baton for better bargain. After the pikkolo thingy I'm rather sian liao.

Paiseh, right after my first post on getting the playmat I already reserve mine with Alien already. This was before you guys wrote in about combining orders.

Have not contacted world of korea and small small world. BTW, I noticed that world of korea is now selling $238 as well, like alien. Small Small world still going at $258 i think.
 
mummies do u all wear bra at home even when latching on?

i realised my breast sag liao leh me not wearing bra
 
ok thought i might as well just put a quick mail to world of korea also. just sent. not following this thread closely this weekend sorry. family issue. FIL (taxi driver) got into an accident few months ago w a jaguar and the case has been giving us a lot of headache. just when we thought it should be almost settled ntuc suddenly told my fil that they are going to drop his case i.e. you fight the case yourself. kanna sai. now my hubby n his bro, dad, mom ... everyone is upset, desperately trying to argue w ntuc, looking for avenues to seek redress plus scolding my fil (becos now they found out he hid alot of things from them) at the same time. have been busy helping hubby with his complaint letters n reports. he even wrote to the ex ntuc ceo.

these ntuc car insurance guys really play bastard i tell you. you pay and pay your premiums n they still just drop you like that. we are looking at $20k+ of damages.
 
st,

i didn't throughtout my pregancy as long as i was home, but started wearing upon delivery due to engorgement issues. can't be helped i believe, sure sag one.
sad.gif


that's what all my more experienced mommy friends told me.
 
Hi all mommies. It's been 2 months since I popped and the 1st time I'm touching a PC! Being a FTM, caring for newborn is the toughest job beyond my imagination. Esp feeding. BF started on a wrong note (poor latching/positioning, sore nips, engorgemt, nip confusion from mixed feeds, etc etc) that I almost peng-san! A wonder why i didn't get postnatal depression in the end
happy.gif
Sigh, my bb gal now throwing tantrams (becoz colicky) and sometimes refuses bottle teat, sometimes refuses my breast. I'm lousy at burping which makes it worse for a colicky baby. Changed from Nan to Similac then realized the latter creates so many bubbles. Sigh, all in all, so much negativity that the only consolation is my gal looks adorable (when not crying) and she is growing well (I think). She is 8 wks old and I'm guessing she drinks less than 100ml per feed (every 3 hrs on avearage) coz I usu BF her 1st (not sure how much but my supply is on the weak side) then feed 40-60ml of Similac.
 
BTW, what is Sophie Giraffe? If good, I want to buy it too (kia su).
I have the playmat already (Parklon) but not sure when shd I lay it out for baby to play. 4 months old when she knows how to turn from side to side? Anyone?
 
alfafa,

Hmmm, like what you said, delivery to one's house is quite important, and moreover, it's only $5 more. In that case, I will order on my own so can get the delivery to my place. Thanks so much for trying to get a better deal for all of us!!
happy.gif
 
re sophie giraffe
thanks jtho, pumpkin for the offer. so sweet of you. might give it a miss though, cos i have previously bought those normal chillable teethers already.

as for whether it is worth it at $38? not for me personally. but at $21? wow. i might if not because really spent a lot this week. bought another new carseat, bought the chicco polly highchair (super good deal at robinson this weekend only!!!), playmat and now looking at potentially haven't to pay for my fil's bill. aiiiiii

no mood to shop now.

i can however share my observation of my friend's 6 month old playing w her sopjie.

she really does like it. being small n lightweight, it is an easy toy to bring out. she hadt since 4 mths plus. the lankygiraffee allows for a good and easy grip. she likes to gnaw on the ears esp and when i saw her w her giraffe again yesterday, it really looked well used, some of the paint on the ears already came off. but worry not, apparently these are organic materials n will not harm the child if swallowed.

hope this helps
 
Thanks Alfafa for checking it out, so i guess we'll all split order since it's better we pay the $5 for individual derlivery to our homes than central collection (yeah its almost 7kg).

Blocked ducts this morning, 38.8deg...sianz....almost every month once, gesh...
 
Interested in Playmat:
1) Alfafa
2) Prosper
3) Jtho
4) Starflower - LG Prime: Pooh flower Hill
5) Pei (lemontee)
6) Jo (mickeymummy)
7) Queenie
8) Irene
9) Vivien
10) Agnes chew
11) Sung
12) fatfish
13) tuskywoollie

Sophie Giraffe
1) Starflower
2) Sassybaby
3) Sportyger
4) Cindy
5) Lenny susanty
6) Missycandy
7) Kome
8) Queenie
9) Sung
10) fatfish
11) Ann (annmelody)
12) minnie24
13) irene
14) hoho03
15) Jasmin (jaszho)
 
sleep training workshop @ pumpkin's =P
($25-$30/pax incld food) Tentatively Next Wednesday 20th May 09

1 Pumpkinseed
2 jtho
3 missycandy
4 alfafa
5 ann(annt)& hubby
6 chocbabe
7 meerkat
8 daphne crosailo kang
9 pups
10 Padi
11 lenny
12 sung
13 Jasmin (jaszho) - won't be bringing baby along
 
hoho, yes, i've pm the seller but she did not reply me yet.

st, i'm wearing nursing bras with breast pads, cos will leak bm.
i also heard that the cup size will drop after we stop BF.

starflower, take care.. pump more or latch more to clear the ducts.. i'm feeling my right side a bit blocked too.. sianz...
 
Hi fellow mummies,

Just realised that my 2 mth old baby's head is getting flattened on the right side.He tends to sleep on the right side Any suggestion to get it rectified?
 
thanks Irene, latched 3 times, pumped twice and finally temp dropped to 37.9deg *phew*..now i'm getting worried about my bali trip, no baby to latch, can only rely on my trusty PISA, which we all know is nothing compared to baby's sucking power...hope i dont get fever & quarantined coming home!

Meerkat, try to massage baby's head back to shape and sleep on the otherside to even out. Last time my mum lets my little bro sleep on his tummy (in afternoon where we can monitor him). Baby's head naturally on 1 side, the shape VERY nice
happy.gif
 
Sophie Giraffe
1) Starflower
2) Sassybaby
3) Sportyger
4) Cindy
5) Lenny susanty
6) Missycandy (1 sophie + 1 yellow Chan Pie Gnon) thanks Laurel & Jean! =)
7) Kome
8) Queenie
9) Sung
10) fatfish
11) Ann (annmelody)
12) minnie24
13) irene
14) hoho03
15) Jasmin (jaszho)
 
Tks starflower. Will try what you suggested.

Add my name back to get Sophie Giraffe. Somehow got lost in the thread.

Sophie Giraffe

1) Starflower
2) Sassybaby
3) Sportyger
4) Cindy
5) Lenny susanty
6) Missycandy (1 sophie + 1 yellow Chan Pie Gnon) thanks Laurel & Jean! =)
7) Kome
8) Queenie
9) Sung
10) fatfish
11) Ann (annmelody)
12) minnie24
13) irene
14) hoho03
15) Jasmin (jaszho)
16) Meerkat
 
Sophie Giraffe
1) Starflower
2) Sassybaby
3) Sportyger
4) Cindy
5) Lenny susanty
6) Missycandy
7) Kome
8) Queenie
9) Sung
10) fatfish
11) Vivien

Thanks, pumpkinseed!
 
Personalised Rompers:
Who are interested? Wonder if the seller is willing to give us a better price if we have a mass order...

1. Irene
2. Sassybaby
3. Serene
4. minnie24
5. Pei

Seller got back and say if we hit 10 orders, she can give us 10% off.
 
Sigh I have to pull out from the sleep training workshop. My root canal treatment is at noon time.
sad.gif


sleep training workshop @ pumpkin's =P
($25-$30/pax incld food) Tentatively Next Wednesday 20th May 09

1 Pumpkinseed
2 jtho
3 missycandy
4 alfafa
5 ann(annt)& hubby
6 chocbabe
7 meerkat
8 daphne crosailo kang
9 pups
10 lenny
11 sung
12 Jasmin (jaszho) - won't be bringing baby along
 
I wan too!! So much influence to buy stuff..but good for bb..
happy.gif


Sophie Giraffe

1) Starflower
2) Sassybaby
3) Sportyger
4) Cindy
5) Lenny susanty
6) Missycandy (1 sophie + 1 yellow Chan Pie Gnon) thanks Laurel & Jean! =)
7) Kome
8) Queenie
9) Sung
10) fatfish
11) Ann (annmelody)
12) minnie24
13) irene
14) hoho03
15) Jasmin (jaszho)
16) Meerkat
17)vivien
18)Agnes chew

Starflower: thanks for the advice on pikkolo. will try.
happy.gif
 
Hi Mummies , It's been a long time since I last posted. Hope everyone is fine.

As my boy was in NICU for almost a week at birth so I can only pump out EBM for him and after discharge , he does not want to latch on so no choice I continue pummping out lor . Then my supply starts to drop and also intro FM to him as staying with PIL and all kept asking me to intro FM in case I go back to work how ? So when I intro him FM Enfalac at abt 3 weeks , only 1-2 feed with FM the rest EBM , problems surfaced ... got reflux issue and bloated stomach meaning colic ... sigh .. then see doc and given medicine which I don't feel like giving it as baby so small only , in the end I change the FM to Similac .. then my BM supply dropped badly and still after giving Similac still got reflux and colic wind issue ... then I give up change to Karihome goat milk which I find more suitable for him and EBM only abt to give him at night or earlier morning as my PIL insisted that EBM not suitable for the baby sigh .. but I still give as I feel BM is the best for my baby . My first 2 gals I only managed to partial BF for a month only as supply is bad and so this time round I able to TBF my boy for one full month and now partial BF I very happy as at least I managed to BF for longer .

Sophie Giraffe ... I'm interested roughly how much .

Mummies who did not manage to BF , don't feel bad as we been thru a hard time during preg and also go thru labour pain be it natural or c-sect ... we are the greatest mummy .. remember that .. don't feel sad .
 
starflower n irene,
tk care mummies. haha i'm also having blocked ducts this weekend. yest left breast blocked whole area, latch n maasage to clear like siao. guess focus too much on left breast, wake up this morn find my left better but right side blocked. sianzz....wonder when this vicious cycle of blocked ducts will end.
 
irene,

adding my name.
happy.gif


Personalised Rompers:
Who are interested? Wonder if the seller is willing to give us a better price if we have a mass order...

1. Irene
2. Sassybaby
3. Serene
4. minnie24
5. Pei
6. hoho03 (is it sew or iron on?, will get 1 baby and 1 toddler size)

Seller got back and say if we hit 10 orders, she can give us 10% off.
 
Sung
I think the percentage not very high, just hope that singpost will return back the parcel to the organiser so that she can resend back to me.
 
hi sung any weblink on how e playmat looks like? price? Saw some playmats in 1st years @ Paragon...Gymini...ranging frm 60+ to 140+...not sure if e one u suggest has e features i hav in mind...
thks!

bm vs fm...
this is a decision all moms muz make...esp if our bbs hav problem digesting cow's milk/fm...e fm in e mkt...is Karihome e only brand tat suitable for colicky bbs? I 1/2way to Enfalac but willing to let go if Karihome a better choice...Wish a boy hope ur child is feeling better now...do u take this goat's milk upon pd's recommendation or u try it on ur own? My bb has been rather jialat these few days...got hard stomach 1-2 times a day...aka wind in stomach...though once on medication to rid wind hez ok but itz a 6hrly feed...anything in bet...muz coax him to sleep so poor thing...

now limit myself to 2 fm feed of 4-4.5oz (120-140ml) a day...e rest jus bm...wa...he bang sia daily wor...

oso btw...nipple confusion...r there momz w bbs who refuse to take ebm frm milk bottle but prefer bfm? I did ebm a week+ ago, stopped as too sianz to pump...tried to feed him e ebm way today n man, he did not drink heartily! So weird...mayb hez not tat hungry or has wind in stomach...

this wind in e stomach...abeit colic is really scary...e only heng thing touch wood is he cries b4 midnite...after medication, hez as meek as lamb...

last but not least, does ur pd advise u not to use pacifier...? realistic? Im confused as when bb crying, isnt it better to b stuffed w a pacifier than to let all e wind enter into the mouth?! My pd a bit extremist n insist i go tbf but alas...my ms not so high lah even if i drink lots of fluids or eat fish n so on...can sustain him in e nite but not so much 4 e day...+ this nipple confusion issue, better train him on fm for e next 2 mths or else my mom will faint...i can do ebm but e qlty ctrl is another issue...

hi ann, thks for e link on connecta...i mged to order 1 carrier online...looking forward to see it in 2 wks time...
happy.gif
 
pumpkinseed,
if the sleep workshop is confirmed, can i request for adding in of the topics on sleep association and how to break them? my little boy is rlying on our cuddles, carrying n patting or my nursing to be able to sleep or nap. am wooried how my mil will cope with him after i return to work
sad.gif
 


Hey mummies, sorry for the long post but I have quite a few things to announce/clarify:

1. Sleep Workshop
- Tammy wants to let you know that it's not possible to be an expert on how to sleep train in one session as it is a highly individualised skill. You will be learning the basic principles and there will be ample time for Q&A. She will be there for 1 hour. 30mins talk, 30mins Q&A. If anyone feels like they need individual training sessions after that, they can book private sessions with her. She just didn't want the attendees to have unrealistic expectations.
- Sorry guys but this week is not possible for her. She will get back to me again on when she is available, chances are it will be next week. Sorry to jtho and lenny!!
- Maids and other sibling are welcome.
- Will still cap at 20 mums for this workshop.

Beco Carrier
Can all the mums who purchased the carrier at sassbaby's place please PM me your name for warranty purposes? I have received info from Kome and Grace Chng only. Still need 2 more names.

Sophie the Giraffe
- I am bringing back max of 20 pcs this time. So first come first served. If not getting it this time, don't worry, I can bring back more in Sept. Open to March mummies only ok?
- I don't mind bringing back the other items from the Sophie range too as am getting them for myself.
- Hope you don't mind that I ask for payment first as I am not making $$ out of this, don't want to be stuck with multiples in my place...will look like a zoo haha. It's about S$25 (11.80 euros plus shipping), will refund or collect the difference when I pass it to you.
- The rest can ask jtho but please bear in mind she is bringing back lots of stuff for her baby so don't overload her with orders ok?
- http://sophie.sg/ for the full range. Prices seem to be about 30-40% cheaper than in SG.
- I will need to collect payment by 10th June, and will be passing them to you from 17th June onwards. Maybe we can have gathering again he he
 

Back
Top