(2009/03) March 2009 MTBs

Diapers
I'm using Goon and very happy with it. Tried MamyPoko but always see her thigh got red lines from the elastic band... but absorbency is quite good.

Anyone tried Huggies before? Any feedback? Do you know what's the difference between Huggies Ultra, Huggies Comfort & I think got one more is HUggies Dry?
 


re: nepia diapers

you can only get NB and S direct from the supplier as its not avail in NTUC. But for M and above, look out for their offer ... v often its 2 pack for $28++ so more worth it than order direct

oso you can cut out the point from the packaging ... collect 10 and send back to the supplier and exchange for $10 NTUC voucher or something like that =)
 
Morning ladies,

We had tried both Nepia and GooN. It always leak so i had change it to mamy poko instead.

Starflower
You have a mail

Re: Fernugreek
I had left about half bottles giving it away free, if anyone want it pls let me know so that i can bring to the gathering.
 
Re: Diapers

For mummies who want to buy Nepia, you can order online. They have all the different sizes selling at $15, but you have to order 4 packs to get free delivery.

Ida, ok will let you know. Can you pm your number. thanks
happy.gif
 
Morning mummies.

Jo: I stay in Buangkok, quite near Hougang Ave 9 Festival Market/Institute of mental health, near Hougang Green. We can share cab. I PM you my hp no.

cindy, sportyger, vernice: Sama sama, I'm also the kind can't face baby all day.
2445242.gif
 
mangogal, i went back to dr tseng yest for pap smear. Thanks mummies for the replies.

Re gathering, my hubby still wont allow me to go out alone, so doubt I'll be able to go out with baby alone for longgg time..sigh... Last sat, we went to vivocity though and I latch baby in nursing room. Beware that the lock does not seem to work though and a man opened the door and saw me. Yucks!

Re stopping and continuing bf, I also thought of stopping soon, cos I had fever the past 2 days and really feel terrible with all the body ache and still have to wake up at night for feeds and pumping.. Purposely delayed pumping to 6hrly intervals to reduce supply but engorment feeling really terrible... Perhaps will resume my 4-5hrly routine.

Re pumping at work, mummies, do you intend to pump at work? I still thinking whether to pump 2 times or 1 time at work.. But if I pump, should I work longer at work? I actually still work to go back 30 mins aft knock-off time, so that I can pump and see my baby soon... If 6-hrly though, scared engorgement too painful, haii..
 
Queenie, I basically just use my fingers to clean/rub the teats, only use the brush to wash the bottles.

Mummy bean, hope you are feeling better, get well soon and you will be able to care for your baby.
happy.gif
 
cindy
i do BF him... but norm will let him latch until he dun wan n he'll latch on 1 side every feed only... i latch him once daily n rest of his feed on EBM but durin confinement, his poo is norm yellowish... only aft CL left then his poo poo is greenish... my boi oso takes abt 5-7 days to poo... initially very worry too... =p
 
prosper: I was facing the same predicament as u. In my 1st mth, I was pumping for 30-45 mins every 3 hrs. Very no life and no slp. Super tired. Plus I was using Medela mini electric pump which made pumping very painful for me. During almsot every pump at nite, I Will cry cos 1) painful 2) frustrated 3) tired.

Then breasts also often very itchy. Felt like 100 ants were crawling all over them.

And then I gradually slowed my supply. From 3 hrs, I started to drag to 4 hrs, then 6 hrs. Now I am pumping every 8 hrs.

To do that, first u drag to pump every 4 hrs. Also, dont empty ur breasts. If u usually pump 100 mil per breast, mayb pump 80. After a few days, if ur breasts r not super engorged, tat means ur body is getting atuned to the lower supply. Then prolong to 6 hrs, then 8 hrs..
 
Re painful using Medela PIS
Thanks ladies for giving me your feedback. Abt 1/2 my nipple is touching the side of funnel when pumping and there is already a crack at my left base of my nipple which is pretty red & raw. Each time I apply cream and overnite it seems to recover, but once I pump, pressure seems to "burst" the crack again. I guess my question should be whether you feel painful when pumping? regardless of whether it touches the funnel or not. I have also emailed Medela lactation consulation on this problem. Just to share here what they say:

"The nipple is measured crosswise to obtain the correct size after you start pumping and the milk lets-down.

Make sure your flange fits your breasts/nipple well. This means that:

A. The nipple should move freely in the tunnel.
B. Minimal or no areolar tissue is pulled into the tunnel of the
breast shield.
C. There is gentle, rhythmical motion in the breast with each cycle of the
pump.
D. The breast empties all over.
E. The nipple is not painful or traumatized."

Its hard to measure the nipple when pumping, but based on best estimate, its abt 30mm. But now using this is still painful. But just don wanna get 36mm and then find out that nipple will just simply fill up the funnel once it starts pumping. Sighz.. wonder if I shld go TMC and see a LC...

Mummies who latch on the go while outside, do u still burp your babies?

lipstar:
When u drag the pumping time, will it leak? I'm now pumping 3x a day. My MS is alot, every wk I gotta pass many packets of frozen EBM to my nephew. Each time I pump, at least 300+ ml and morning pump even more, 500+ml. I'm abit scared to not empty breast thoroughly cos I ganna mastitis 2 wks back and afraid will get block ducts if I do so
 
starflower:
2445382.gif


teddybear: In the 1st few weeks of pumping using Medela mini electric, my nipples were also often very red and sore, and bled a few times. I keep on using nipple cream after each pump. My T-shirts still have the oily stains til now.

I think things got better after 3 weeks. But also bcos i changed the pump to Medela swing, which is the single pump equivalent of PIS.

Previously, I thot dont wear bra at home to let them breathe, but I leak very badly. An hr after I pump, I leak liao.
2445383.gif


Then I started wearing bra with breast pad. NOw, occasionally leak when

1) I lie down on my side or stomach. Cos pressure on the breasts so milk leaks. Sad cos I prefer to sleep on my side or stomach. Now bcos of baby, can't slp on my side or stomach.

2) TOo engorged. Then I will proceed to pump a little less.

Previously, I was also pumping 300+ml. Then, I slowed to 300ml. Now abt 260-280ml. Slowly decrease should be ok.

Why dont keep your frozen EBM for future use? Can keep for 3-6 mths. I have at least 60 bgs of frozen EBM. Was planning to feed him with those when I stop pumping when I go back to work...
 
MS
Really envy mummies with good supply. Even when I lengthen the pumping time, I still get max 4oz only.

To reduce pumping
Which mtd is better? To lengthen pumping time or to skip session by session? What I do now is skip the 12pm and 3am session.

I only pump abt 5 mins per breast cos after that I notice like no milk liao. How come some of you can pump so long?

Fri gathering
Sorry I have to pull out. Gal recovering from flu and my c-section wound can't seem to heal probably. Yday it bled. sigh.
 
Compasspoint Gathering
I am OK with any venue but just wondering how to eat lunch with BB? Will you all be bringing a pram? Sorry if it sounds like a stupid qn cos so far I always have my helper along and we take turns to eat :p
 
iddarshad/prosper/idlecat/mummybean?sportyger
thanks!
happy.gif


mummybean
take care. drink more water !

serene
i dont think her prices v cheap leh.. u try look out for Cawaii's BP.. prev i got Mamy poko $14.50, and pampers active $14.50 for 44pcs and $21.50 for 68pcs.
happy.gif
 
Lipstar,
Ya, m wearing bra with breast pad. U using disposable or washable ones? Me into wk 3 or 4 of using PISA already...my aerola near the nipple is red and sore too. Yours like that too?

Haha, the lower compartment (which is bigger) of my freezer is packed. Upper part put meat stuff. So no choice have to give away. During confinement, my CL "complain" she got no space to put meat stuff in freezer.
 
teddybear: I'm not using the angled shield. But I tink it's from here http://www.mumsfairy.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=25&Itemid=31&productid=7

I use disp ones. Lazy to wash. MIne not red or sore any more... I would suggest make a trip down to TMC Parentcraft. In my 1st month, I went to KK once 2 let them help me with engorgement. It was on a sun so TMC parentcraft not open. Spent $140 & 2 hr+ there for the nurses to help me clear my breasts.

Also made 2 trips down to TMC Parentcraft. They charged abt 40-50 if give birth there.

Oh.. haha. no wonder.. speaking of which, my freezer is also running out of space...
2445461.gif


bluebell: Now i also pump right breast (smoother flow) for 5 mins. Left breast 10 mins. Last time milk ducts prob more blocked tats y need 2 pump 30 mins.

Hope u & girl recover soon.
happy.gif
 
teddybear: Advised you to go down to TMC cos I tried PIS there. Felt very comfortable (tat is why I changed my pump).

If yours is painful, I'm also not sure where the problem is. So let the experts help u rather than bear with the maybe avoidable pain.
 
bluebell, its not a stupid question.
happy.gif
Are we meeting for lunch or just coffee? I will just put baby in the carrier, wont bring pram cos I alone very hard to handle baby and stroller. Then easier to go shop shop too.
 
lipstar
u try PIS at TMC b4 u buy it? TMC charge for trying the pump? they hv few choices of pump available for trying huh?
 
<font color="119911">bluebel,
im gonna sling my bb unless hb drop me off den might bring stroller, bb usually slp in stroller while i lunch.</font>
 
sunshinebaby: I went down to TMC cos asked them to help me clear blocked ducts. So they used PIS to pump out my milk while massaging. Massage til my breast blue black.
2445619.gif


They charged me for consultation.

I didn't buy my pump - Swing (the single pump equivalent of PIS) from them. They also only have PIS there.

Previously read that there is a place can try out different pumps but I forgot where. Maybe the other mummies can help...
 
lipstar
u bought the super shield from mumsfairy?
do u think using the super shield the suction seems not as strong?

Teddybb how are u?
 
Kris, thanks! I also put baby in stroller when I eat if hubby is with me. But go out alone no choice will have to put her in the carrier.
 
mummies,
hmm reading past postings that tbf bbs dun poo everyday, but mine, poo everyday, at least once or twice got big poo.
is it normal? is he taking in the nutrients?
 
st...

poo poo daily not possible...alternate days mayb...try massaging his abdomen in a clock/anti clockwise fashion OR move his legs in e air in a continual cycling motion to work e stomach muscles...

btw, where exactly does ssbb stay? w regard to fri gathering...

ms...

if bb not having wind or bang sia, itz good to let bb latch on...relaxing n fast for both mom n bb...bb's fast food

burping after bf...good to burp...my bb seems better @ burping...can hear ard 60-70%...

my ms is dwindling but pump @ least once a day...nite time oso latch on as i sense abel drinks less @ nite...
again itz e dd/ss theory...n e level of enthusiasm/commitment to pump or latch on breasts in us...

will miss both e convenience of feeding n dislike a inconvenience of maintaining bm...

starflower
go gal...a cheery n apt poem indeed...
happy.gif
 
teddybb...

how u maintain e high ms?! persist k so tat ur bb is blessed w lots of ur antibodies n nutrients...

well, some of us jus hav more milk...regardless of wat we eat or drink...
happy.gif
 
BECO UPDATE
Due to one mummy dropping out, there are only 2 confirmed orders now.
There will be no free transport and demo.
I wouldn't mind paying the $15 charge if I was still having a salary but unfortunately, that's not the case.
Sorry girls!
 
Heheee thanks mummies, i'm glad u like the poem, i'll crank out some more when my creative juices flow :p

Queenie, i tot the Mamy poko is rather cheap coz NTUC's last promo was $21+ for like 58 pieces i think so her deal is cheaper...is this Cawai's BP still on? need to get some S size one soon already :p
 
st: I didn't buy or use the angled super shield. I'm using Medela's shield.

jtho: Tks for the heads up.

hoho: My baby, on tbf, also poos every day. About 4-5 times every day. Think should be ok.
 
serene
welcome
happy.gif


starflower
haha ya cindy's BP is cheap but as what stated in her BP , cant compared to others coz tts wad is the best deal she got from her supplier.. maybe u wan try pm Cawaii?coz her BP is over 1mth back. but do note of the waiting time for both BP organisers is approx 1 - 2 wks time.. hehe. i have stocked up to M size.. juz bought Pampers Active last sun .. a irrestible price man.
 
lipstar,
phew, thks for assurance.
happy.gif


alfafa or mummies using balboa sling,
need help.
happy.gif


firstly m glad its a great sling! my boy can slp soundly n i can shop happily!
my hb comment, can he use the sling, and i carry the barangs.. keke

any tips on other styles of using? i only master the cradle way.
n when bb is in this way, his head is all the in the pocket, correct? cos i saw the instruction, the bb head is outside lei.. :p

is it becos the pocket is too big?
 


thanks queenie, how much was the pampers active? 2 days ago, i saw CK selling it at $14.50 for the 44 pieces (purple packaging one right)...

hm..think my medela shield is not the right size..the nipple is in the tunnel like 2cm! so where can i buy a bigger shield from?
 

Back
Top