(2009/03) March 2009 MTBs

prosper,
don't worry you can still give your frozen ebm to your baby. Milk once frozen and thawed is bound to have a funny smell, taste wierd too. But that does not mean the milk has gone bad. Check out kellymom for more info. Baby can still take it, not a problem.

But it's true, just like normal food, fresh is best. Anything frozen and thawed is bound to lose some nutrients. The longer you store it the more the loss. General guideline is not more than 3 mths, but of course, it's best if you can store for shorter periods.


Jtho,
Vivien can PM me so I have your email addy? need to email you something

little terror paging for me again
 


Yup Prosper
Dun worry. The EBM will taste & smell like vomit BUT it's still ok to let bb drink... =)

& Yes, the breast milk is oily so there will be this layer....
 
Grace,i think my EBM smelled rusty then vomit.. haa
Thanks mummies for the advice.

so now thinking should latch on anot.. hai~ which i hate most
 
speaking of FM, I tried Friso, Karihome and Nan Pro but my favourite is Hipp Organic. Got it from an organic store at Holland Village. Little bit more expensive than Nan but :
- less bubbles
- thin consistency like bm
- dissolves in water very easily, no lumps
- baby seems to like better than all ther brands

Running out though so better run there soon to buy.

Fenugreek pills seem to have increased my bm ss!
She takes only 3-4 bottles a day now, used to be 7-8. Or maybe it's just the constant latching. How to tell exactly why...hmm
 
Alfafa, thank you... Heee I wanna go also la but stupid swine flu, hubby ask me stay home safer. Sian. Will try to ask him again Heee. I so want to go! You got my money yet? Dbs? Go check when u can ok? Should be in already. Jia you on bfing! I also wish I could stay home latch longer but gg back to work sounds tempting. so gg to intro Fm to replace day feeds next month. Really cannot stand my #1. So mischievous. Went to rock the rocker while Trishelle is zzz and pat her so hard on her chest. Mil got so mad she hit him the first time in 18mths. He needs to go to school la! Sorry, pardon me for grumbling but I cannot stand boys!.. Haha. So Is grace pooing okay now? How's the darling? Seeing u all talk so much bout beco n carriers and sling makes me regret selling my own beco! Haha but I seriously cannot stand the waist belt. Very thick and hot. Really wish to get sling too but hubby says No. Ah wells. Sorry its just my thought here, but those with girls, if wear dress, will it look funny on carriers since it separates the legs? Just thought of it cause picturing how it will be like on bjorn. Haha.

Prosper, oil is good. In fact, the oilier the better. Oh, is there such a word oilier Haha. It helps keep bb fuller. Don't worry, u are doing fine! as for ebm, sorry can't help here cause me doing total latch. Hee.
 
oshgosh, pls activate ur PM
happy.gif


Prosper, ya EBM has a layer of oil cos it is frm our fat, try to latch on for ur gal

Realise this week that my gal refuse to have bottle feed at nite frm 9pm till 11pm, just want to latch on or suck for comfort, haa as some of you said human pacifier, then she is willing to sleep, otherwise she wil make a big fuss, but thk God she is ok to bottlefeed during day and evening, but somehow after 9pm just refuse, then sleep thru nite till 5am plus for bottlefeed, so it puzzle me and hb:p
 
<font color="119911">Pampers discount at Giant
juz came back frm giant, pampers having disc. at $59.99 for 2 packs, onli size M, L and XL. can stock up, veri cheap.</font>
 
alfafa, if you got time to scan, I want a copy also.

Propser, where do you live? i stayed at toa payoh. frozen ebm does have a smell.. i notice it also... latch on is still the best.
 
alfafa
PMed u my email addy already

Pumpkin Seed
u mean Hipp Organic is running out? then if try already, like it, but no more stock how? i am now giving NAN HA to bb. haven't tried any other brands but bb seems ok with NAN. so i try not to switch brand if not necessary. but if Hipp Organic is even closer to BM, then i might be tempted... fickle mummy
happy.gif


Kris
pampers $59.99 for 2 packs? M size how many pcs? i thought the 44 pcs cost $24 plus per pack?
 
jtho, I meant that I am running out at home. Bought only 1 box. Should have just bought more at one go, save myself the time. Using a half tin of Nan that my mum passed to me from her place, every bottle will have lumps remaining. Nan is alright but for just few dollars more, I'd rather get Hipp Organic.
For me, she latched on only after 6 weeks so I was trying to minimise confusion between breast and bottle. If consistency of the milk can be closer to bm, why not. Plus she seems to be more comfortable with it. No weight loss either, still as chubby if not more. That's the funny thing for me, people always say FM fed babies are chubbier than BM fed babies. But mine bulked up after I started giving more BM.
 
alfafa, why not ask Thomson shop for BP price? Esp if so many of you are interested in buying.

By the way, those who want to see the Beco, please PM me which patterns you want to see. Ashley is so far only bringing the organic Sand and Orange colours. You can buy on the spot if you decide you want one.
 
mummies, where to get nursing bra with light padding? I had a few pieces of non-padded, non-wired ones from Thyme maternity and Triumph from #1 time, but these few pieces are almost gone from the wear and tear. Would prefer non-wired lightly padded ones. I find the non-padded ones are not too discreet cuz when I look at myself in the mirror, the nipple shows. I used breast pad as well but do not know if it's the pad or what, cuz the disposable breast pad is also contoured to supposedly fit the nipple better. As a result I wear normal underwired bra with breastpad when going out but it's not comfortable and not convenient for nursing. Also feel very constricted if engorged. Pricing wise hopefully not too ex.
 
One more questions on nursing bra, is there strapless ones? or at least with removable straps? I can't wear spaghetti straps tops with my current nursing bras which are functional but not fashionable. As a result, always dress very "auntily" in big t-shirts and shirts in order to obscure the protruding unsightly nipple and the shoulder straps.
 
it seems that my problem is not only bb wants to be carried all the time during the day..but now also he's very fussy before each feed..be it latching or bottle..he always cries and refuse to suckle the teat..PD said may due to wind though it's not colic..but it's been almost a week..and now i'm getting worried..
when he'll go thru this phase??
he used to enjoy his feed and finish quickly..
now need 1/2 hour tp calm him before he really drinks his milk
sad.gif
 
Pumpkin Seed
oic.. haha.. tempted to try but will be travelling in 2 weeks time, so not sure to try now or after i come back from France. still have 1 brand new tin of NAN HA in the cupboard now. need to buy 2 tins to bring to France cos i checked with my SIL, she said France dun have NAN HA.

alfafa
ya, like wat Pumpkin Seed said, can we check with the Thomson shop whether can get good price if we buy so many pieces?
 
jtho
i have the same confusion...next wk will going to indonesia..dunno how many NAN i have to bring..they sell NAN in indo but i'm afraid different manufacturer will cause different taste..
NAN HA is for allergies is it? why not use NAN pro 1?
 
The thomson shop sells pikkolo at S$230 from its website with free registerd delivery. It mentioned that it will give 10% discount off your next carrier if purchase is made within 6 months. Hence, they should be able to give us a better price than S$230...
 
miss83
from beginning i use NAN HA, just in case my bb allergic. so haven't tried NAN Pro. now since will be travelling, dun dare to switch, in care he allergic to the new formula.
 
Miss83,
My bb oso used to finish his milk very quickly but these few days takes longer. He'll usually slow down with 40ml remaining....but if someone else is feeding, no such problem. He must be thinking why mummy is bottlefeeding him when he can be latched on...heee~~~
 
vivien, but it's $250 if belt is included at the shop. btw just read your mail. will reply via email yah. better. oh cool, didn't know there is 10% off next purchase. i call n ask
 
ladies,
just finished scanning the cards. will email by end of today ok? little terror wants to be carried all the time now ever she fell ill. damn that cow's milk! wish i knew about it earlier.

btw, wow alot of silent readers huh? do come and join us at the gathering next week. don't be shy!
 
Ladies
I have joined in the sling craze. Ordered a Hanamugurt carrier via BP (there are 2 BP organisers for this carrier). Very cheap, only $18 including postage and is touted as the Best Carrier in Japan. There are 4 fabrics to chose from. But I will still be going to the Pupsik cart at Vivo today to check out their sling, may get the pupsik too as both are not exp and I can use the pupsik for my baby now until his neck is more sturdy.

Here's the BP link for info:
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/2432481.html?1241765995
 
grace
my bb finish his milk quickly..it's only in the beginning he doesnt want to suckle the teat..it's due to wind..

just now tried to put bb sleep on his own...tried to endure his cry..but he cried and cried..i cannto tahan lah..then quickly pick him up after i saw a tear drop
anyway i got so confused with many methods..
one says just ignore the cry til baby understands
another say pick up when beby cries and put down once he's quiet..do it many times til baby understands
and then another also said leave baby crying for 5 mins and come back..then do the same thing but this time leave him 10 mins..and so on..
which one that is effective???
 
my bb's tear drops are v fat ones, v heart pain to see the fat tear drops.

:p if i am busy e.g. cooking i will have no choice but to let her cry for some time. otherwise i can't take it after less than 5 min.
 
alfafa
yah man....initially I didn't like the idea of a carrier or sling, thought baby will be suffocating in it but after reading all the postings, I am brain washed. hehe

re: Gathering
U all very on about gatherings, I am also tempted but Serangoon Gardens a bit from my place and I have no confident to handle baby alone yet, so will give it a miss this time. Have fun.
 
scrumpee - thats the one i have been mentioning... i bot frm yan previous round - she snet me 2 days ago and it is only $16 - and she delivers to ur house - i told missy all abt this - get it frm her lorr.. i tink now abt $17 as she mentioned the shipping is high.. but will update again....

miss83 - thanks for the sms.... i replied
 
Idaarshad
Who is yan? Also BP organiser? ummm...so should I cancel my order and get from Yan instead? Have u tried using it? good? How do I contact Yan and tell her which design I want?
 
Does anyone know where to get halter nursing bra from? I thought I saw it on bebelove before but can't find it anymore. Guess I can just shove a breastpad in the tops in the meantime.
 
Hi Mummies

I use Nan for my daughter too ..

Nan HA has this hypoallergenic compound as well as probiotics... Where else Nan pro does not have the hypoallergenic compound..

I have tried Nan HA and now tryin Nan Pro.. So far (touch wood) my gal does not have any reactions to it..

But from what I read Nan HA is better la.. So most prob will convert back to Nan HA
 
missy - as mine is a boy.. i got the brown design.. urs gerl.. cn go for the colourful one mahh

alfafa- i wantone .. can the scanned copy
 
scrumpee... yeah she bp organiser also... i use liao at home - super comfy with my 10kg plues toddler... thats y i recommened lah.. so more no hassle with rings and stuff... u want which one.. i sms her for u >> u sms me at 81703429.. she is gonna order soon - she that time got put up here also mah - she is feb mtb / cum bp organizer...
 
Nan HA and Nan Pro
I tried both Nan HA and Nan Pro. My boy continued to pang sai for 3 to 4 times when he took Nan HA and the stool is still watery like paste (mash potato). So I tried Nan Pro and his stools back to normal and only poos once or twice a day. Have stuck with Nan Pro
 
Ida
thanks for helping. I want design S4 (u go to the link that I posted earlier, u will see the design that I want.) can check for me how much? If is also $18, then I stick with my BP order lah, no need to trouble you.
 
ida

ok ok i send ... aiyo ... is there a way to upload here. let me see have been sending to alot of pp


damn file size too large ok ida check mail in 5
 
ah? who wans the sling? im ordering frm yan. lemme knw which design. order with me ba.

oh ya who wans a balboa? someone emailed me selling at $55 - striped trim design. who wans pm me ba.
 
ida and Scrumpee, me also have that one! Haha, but my boy doesn't like to be in it. Anyway he likes best to be free. Don't like to be constrained. stroller n carrier no no for him...

Scrumpee, if u don't mind, I can sell u mine slightly cheaper lo. Used only once to try. but mine is plain brown. U can think think first then lemme know.
 


Back
Top