(2009/03) March 2009 MTBs

starflower: I feel cold also. I thot I was feverish at some point! :S

Steph: Thank you for the article!

Sun: I am going to Phuket during CNY. :p Trying to have one last holiday without kiddos. :p

Hi Strawberry79,

my LMP was 17 May and EDD is 3 March. I am at 8 weeks 1 day.
happy.gif

kome
night time even worst... mayb during day time in aircond so dun realli feel warm but during the night my body is warm 1 lor...

I also feel cold at night too. Usually we switch on air-con for a 1-2 hours at night to cool the room. These days, feel so cold, can only take fan.
In 3rd trimester, you can drink coconut water. It is very good to cool down your very hot body and heard a lot of pple say that baby will be very fair (wash toxic). But it must be drank closer to delivery (1-2weeks before delivery) - not too early as it is quite cooling for pregnant woman. True enough, my bb was very fair when born....drank 3 times only then deliver liao.

Hi Padi,

tks for sharing... however i found this abt taking ginger....just fyi. Ginger is good for normal person, but not so sure for MTB...

Pregnancy: Is It Safe to Consume Ginger While Pregnant?
By:
Kelly Shanahan

Question :
Is it okay to drink ginger tea when you're pregnant?

Answer :
Small amounts of fresh ginger are probably okay, but large amounts of ginger may contribute to contractions of the uterus, and this may be more pronounced in women who have had a miscarriage. Ginger seems to stimulate circulation in the pelvis and is sometimes used to bring on a menstrual period. One or two cups of ginger tea a day is probably fine, although for a woman who has suffered miscarriages I would recommend avoiding it altogether in the first trimester.

There have not been many scientific studies of the effects of herbs in pregnancy, so we really do not "know" what is safe and what is not. Much of the information on natural remedies and pregnancy is anecdotal, meaning it has been passed down by word of mouth and not derived from rigorous scientific studies. Many of the references I use for natural remedies list things that should not be used in pregnancy without giving a good explanation.

My feeling on herbs -- or anything else -- in pregnancy is to be extra careful. Never use an herb without first discussing it with your doctor. In general, if I find any source that suggests a particular herb should not be used by a pregnant woman, even if I cannot find a scientific study to back that up, I will not let my patient

http://yourtotalhealth.ivillage.com/pregnancy-safe-consume-ginger-while-pregnant.html

hi padi,
I think airlines have a limit that you cannot board the plane when you are at later stage of pregnancy. You may need to check as you be in 3rd trimester by then.

Thank God, next year CNY is Jan 26 2009. Got some time for confinement lady to go back M'sia and come back to S'pore. Some confinement lady don't do confinement around CNY period or they charge very expensive to do for you.

kome
i tink i worried abt too much stuffs liao.. must learn to relax n dun let tots wonder too far away... =p

yah, bb have to wait for 1 more year to collect ang bao.

Sun,
yes, EDD is in march, so CNY over liao.

Are you gals getting confinement lady to do confinement ?

ddtan: Yeah I read that airlines (the one I am taking) don't take beyond 35 weeks, and anything between 30 to 35 weeks need doctor's permission. So I'm praying and hoping i'll be fit enough to go. If not got to forfeit tickets I very heart pain.
sad.gif
We bought it before we found out! *faint*

WH: Gosh..so many different views. I guess the word is in moderation then.
happy.gif
Thanks for sharing!

ddtan
I not too sure yet, but might just ask for confinement delivery food. Not sure my mum still want to help me do confinement or not.

My preference is for my mom to do for me. But I have to shift to my mom's place so she don't have to travel so far to my place everyday. Then not sure if I can see my gal everyday then.... she likely to be in CC then.
My mom health not so good so it will be imposing for her to stay over at my place. ahhh, anyway, still thinking (got time since still very early.)
hehe.

I suffered a bit of post natal depression with my first birth with that confinement lady. PLus no one to talk to except that lady whole day. My hb was at work 9-6 most of the time.

strawberry79, hee... 5 weeks I only saw a tiny sac in my uterus! Every week goes by with new things to see on the u/s. Now as everything seems okay, my gynae said she doesn't need to see me again till week 11. That's 3 weeks away!!

Hi ddtan & Kome..

am toying with the idea either get a maid + order confinement delivery food + mum help...

or just get a confinement lady.. but need to find a good one.. heard so much stories...

Oh, btw, had been working from home these 2days..
1580493.gif

starflower, i do feel cold thru'out the day except when under the sun. Though cold, i also have this feverish feeling.

ddtan, cannot take plane after 7months.. for cruise, will be before 24weeks.. so u have to start planning if u wana go for holidays..

Hi Kome,

No lah. just being lazy and dont liked to squeeze in MRTs, ... and boss not in town. my work allows me to work fm anywhere...at long as it done...
1580522.gif

WH
Actually my job also can work from home, but i a new girl cannot ask too much later boss not happy fire me than got no income for me liao.

Hi Gals,

I think we dun need the LMP info esp when we'd get the EDD info very soon, k? If the list is too detailed, very hard to see, dun forget we still have BB's gender, BB's name coming! Hehe...

NICK - EDD - RESIDENCE - #BABY - GYNAE - CLINIC NAME - YEAR OF BIRTH
Sportyger - 02/03/2009 - Sengkang - #1 - Dr Yvonne Chan - TMC -
Longan - 02/03/2009 - Bukit Batok - #2 - Dr Joycelyn Wong - TMC -
Wintertime - 02/03/2009 - AMK - #1 - Dr Joycelyn Wong - TMC -
Pikabini - 03/03/2009 - Kovan - #1 - Dr WK Tan - TMC -
Shannie - 03/03/2009 - Hougang - #2 - Dr Douglas Ong -
Kazooie - 03/03/2009 - #1 - Dr Joycelyn Wong - TMC - 1976
Moomooland -03/03/2009 - Sengkang - #1 - Dr Adrian Woodworth - TMC -
Starflower - 05/03/2009 - #1 - Dr Chan Kong Hon - Gleanegles - 1977
Annt - 07/03/2009 - Redhill - #1 - Dr Beh - TMC -
Lemontree - 07/03/2009 - Marine Parade - #2 - Dr Yvonne Chan - TMC -
Promeganate - 10/03/2009 - Redhill - #1 - Dr KT Tan - TPS - 1979
Elita - 10/03/2009 - Jurong West - #2 - Dr John Lim - Own clinic (Delivery at Mt A.) - 1981
Happyjean - 11/03/2009 - Queenstown - #2 - Dr. Lim Teck Chye - TMC - 1980
Queenie - 12/03/2009 - Woodlands - #1 - Dr Lawrence Ang - TMC @ Sun Plaza - 1985
Mooniiie - 13/03/2009 - Yishun - #1 - Dr Fong - Gleneagles -
Angelmummy - 14/3/2009 - Eunos - #1 - Dr Esther Ng - East Coast Clinic & Surgery for Women - ESH -
Corene - 15/03/2009 - Sengkang - #1 - Dr Joycelyn Wong - TMC -
Kome - 17/03/2009 - Serangoon - #2 - Dr Jen - Women's Clinic of Singapore @ AMK - 1979
Strawberrys79 - 21/03/2009 - Tampines - #1 - Dr Loke - Spore's woman clinic - 1979
Sashamama - - Punggol - #1 - Dr Joycelyn Wong - ACJ Clinic @ TMC - 1979
Caca - - Bukit Panjang - #2 Dr Douglas Ong -
Sy - - Bishan - #2 - Dr Henry Cheng Mt A - 1976
Padi - - Bishan - #1- TBC -
Northvirgo - - Farrer Park - #1 - Dr Marianne Hendricks @ KKH -
Den2 - - Bishan - #2 - Dr Vincent Lee - Bishan 8 clinic (Delivery @ TMC ) -
Maddy - - Toa Payoh - #2 - Dr Roy Ng - Gynae Consultants Clinic & Surgery (Mt. A) -
Sun96 - - AMK - #1 - Dr Foong LC - Gleneagles - 1977
ddtan - Sengkang - #2 - Dr KC Yeo - TMC -
Sassybaby - - Serangoon - #2 - Dr Loh Foo Hoe - Mt E - 1981
Steph77 - JW - #2 - Dr Fong Yang - Fong's Clinic Tiong Bahru (Del @ TMC) – 1977

Dear MTBs,
Pls fill in in this format:

Any more year of birth updates?
happy.gif

padi,
maybe you can call the airline to ask if you can change the dates of the air tickets to fly earlier (maybe need to pay extra) but rather than waste it. Otherwise, can give to siblings or sell off in Ebay...

WH,
Yah, if got mom help to prepare all the water stuff and bath bb (since confinement cannot touch too much water), then will be better.
If want to get confinement lady, must get good one... dont stinch...later regret.

well just be careful padi, coz even if when u fly out is before 35 weeks, when u fly back and already after 35 weeks, u may not be allowed on some airlines to come back then it'll be troublesome to arrange alternative transport then. If the tix not to ex, then either sell or forfeit it. I was on a plane before and a preggie lady gave birth early. Its normal for babies to come out earlier on board due to pressure. For both my SILs, even on ground, both their babies also came out 3 weeks early, so better to buffer some 3-4 weeks.

Sportyger - 02/03/2009 - Sengkang - #1 - Dr Yvonne Chan - TMC -
Longan - 02/03/2009 - Bukit Batok - #2 - Dr Joycelyn Wong - TMC -
Wintertime - 02/03/2009 - AMK - #1 - Dr Joycelyn Wong - TMC -
Pikabini - 03/03/2009 - Kovan - #1 - Dr WK Tan - TMC -
Shannie - 03/03/2009 - Hougang - #2 - Dr Douglas Ong -
Kazooie - 03/03/2009 - #1 - Dr Joycelyn Wong - TMC - 1976
Moomooland -03/03/2009 - Sengkang - #1 - Dr Adrian Woodworth - TMC - 1979
Starflower - 05/03/2009 - #1 - Dr Chan Kong Hon - Gleanegles - 1977
Annt - 07/03/2009 - Redhill - #1 - Dr Beh - TMC -
Lemontree - 07/03/2009 - Marine Parade - #2 - Dr Yvonne Chan - TMC -
Promeganate - 10/03/2009 - Redhill - #1 - Dr KT Tan - TPS - 1979
Elita - 10/03/2009 - Jurong West - #2 - Dr John Lim - Own clinic (Delivery at Mt A.) - 1981
Happyjean - 11/03/2009 - Queenstown - #2 - Dr. Lim Teck Chye - TMC - 1980
Queenie - 12/03/2009 - Woodlands - #1 - Dr Lawrence Ang - TMC @ Sun Plaza - 1985
Mooniiie - 13/03/2009 - Yishun - #1 - Dr Fong - Gleneagles -
Angelmummy - 14/3/2009 - Eunos - #1 - Dr Esther Ng - East Coast Clinic & Surgery for Women - ESH -
Corene - 15/03/2009 - Sengkang - #1 - Dr Joycelyn Wong - TMC -
Kome - 17/03/2009 - Serangoon - #2 - Dr Jen - Women's Clinic of Singapore @ AMK - 1979
Strawberrys79 - 21/03/2009 - Tampines - #1 - Dr Loke - Spore's woman clinic - 1979
Sashamama - - Punggol - #1 - Dr Joycelyn Wong - ACJ Clinic @ TMC - 1979
Caca - - Bukit Panjang - #2 Dr Douglas Ong -
Sy - - Bishan - #2 - Dr Henry Cheng Mt A - 1976
Padi - - Bishan - #1- TBC -
Northvirgo - - Farrer Park - #1 - Dr Marianne Hendricks @ KKH -
Den2 - - Bishan - #2 - Dr Vincent Lee - Bishan 8 clinic (Delivery @ TMC ) -
Maddy - - Toa Payoh - #2 - Dr Roy Ng - Gynae Consultants Clinic & Surgery (Mt. A) -
Sun96 - - AMK - #1 - Dr Foong LC - Gleneagles - 1977
ddtan - Sengkang - #2 - Dr KC Yeo - TMC -
Sassybaby - - Serangoon - #2 - Dr Loh Foo Hoe - Mt E - 1981
Steph77 - JW - #2 - Dr Fong Yang - Fong's Clinic Tiong Bahru (Del @ TMC) – 1977

promegranate - nice to hear from you
happy.gif
our EDD is different now ha!

Anyone read about the article on government introducing new measures to encourage us to have more babies? Wonder what are they and will we be in time to enjoy.

It was mentioned that they will reference to Swedish laws to give woman 13mths paid maternity leave (but the swiss paid more than 20% in GST?!). Well, I hope our government do not implement this. Firstly, 13 months is way too long, woman will have a hard time finding job and achieve any career advancement and to pay GST of more than 20% is crazy.

Hi Wise,
So qiao to see you here as well! I originally wanted to ROM in Dec 04 but eventually decided to ROM and wed in Nov 05. So we knew each other in the Dec 04 thread?
happy.gif

Dear Wise, Scrumpee and New March 09 MTBs, pls update!!!

same here promeganate..
i juz nw ate bee tai bak for dinner. donno issit too saltish or wad. i eat halfway also queasy..

mommies, fyi
don eat too much maggie mee leh. my eldest sister told me when she was expecting her #3, she ate maggie mee quite often dan end up #3's health not so gd. and #3 is the top easily fall sick de out of her 4 kids..

I think you're right Queenie, I think it's our babies way of telling us that the food is not good. I shouldn't have eaten it but I was queasy and wanted to get over it quickly. I'm still feeling like crap.

haha.. im craving for curry chicken from 933..

ya lor.. eat healthier nw is the best option.
my sis ate alot of tonics when expecting her #4 coz her mil cooked confinement food for her sil who had delivered tt time.. so nw my #4 nephew super strong. many doctors commented that.
poor #3 everytime sick one. but thank god, he is those bo chap boy.. running fever still can go sentosa n play , built castle with me. strong at heart but not at health

Really la baby is craving healthy food. I just had a small apple and yogurt and felt super shiok. It was absolutely refreshing.

Bye bye maggie mee, but I'm don't giving up on KFC yet ;)

Queenie, do you know if it's good to take chicken essence from now? One of my colleagues said so took it to help her with fatigue. Hmmm..

haha.. tts good.. i oso tks yogurt, strawberries or grapes.. my hb will buy new fruits everytime i finished my fruits..

hahas.. ya bye bye maggie mee..
happy.gif

yup im aware of that..but i didnt stock up chicken essence at hme..
btw, fyi i read from somewhere i tink is from smh other thread. tt u tk one whole chicken chop off the head, n feets dan put to boil itself.. no nid add anithing.. after tt the essence is ready. haha. the essence u boil urself is 8 x of 1 essence bottle u drink..
but i lazy la. so i don tink i will do it myself..

u can try boil loin pork or chicken thigh with red dates destoned n wolfberry n bao shen.. tt one oso v good. if u don wan put herbs dan don put bao shen..

i dont exactly have food cravings but more like taste cravings, like in the mornings i need something salty, in the afternoon, something sweet, then in the evening,i crave for sour things...i think tastebuds going haywire.....

Hahaha queenie, I'm so lazy to cook these days. Boiling soup is going to be a super chore.

starflower, eat whatever you like but in moderation. Right now I'm craving more fruits! I just love the light fruity taste in my mouth, the cold juice trickling down my throat...oh yessss

hmm for me, i don feel like eating cai fan.. coz once i tink of eating it. the OILY sense appear in my brain..

the oni sian part is no matter how much water i drink, im still thirsty n lips v dry.. not smooth like before already.. sighs.chapped lips is a no no to me..

ya me oso feel hot n cold at the same times. when the fan is blowing directly at me im cold.. but my palms is freaking hot..

sweet basil

consume in moderation is the key..

i realise nwadays i cant eat too full..otherwise the feel of bloatedness will come agn..

Back