(2009/03) March 2009 MTBs

Kome,
yes it should be. Yesterday my spotting was gone but today came back again
sad.gif
I think i drank too much cold drinks & walk too much that cause spotting to return. Have a good rest & yr baby shld be doing well.

steph,
Thanks, i felt more an xin like this. But i will continue to eat the pills till next tuesday went to see my gynae again. Hope by than can listen to heartbeat.

steph,
Medela Double pump sounds less noisy than the medela mini electric though it is not that quiet either. My gal can sleep with it while I pump in the same room. The quieter one is the Medela Travel Pump (most expensive one) - very quiet - my friend has that and hospital use something similar but more powerful - also very quiet.

Sun,
Yah, if you have friends who can lent you, then you can try first. You can rent from hospitals too but they are not that cheap.

I remembered I borrowed the manual pump from my friend and no use. Then tried my good friend's Medela Mini Electric (single pump) and it was not too bad but not as good (slow).
Have to ask my hb to buy the Medela Double pump for me as I was doing confinement and cannot go out. So, if you have some friends, can ask them to lend you manual and electric one before you go on confinement.

ddtan :: that was my plan too but unfortunately.. wjen #2 is out, # 1 is not 18mths yet. hahaha...

welcome sweetbasil!!

re BF:: the initial days are gg to be tough. my milk only came in on the 4th day and it was so ROCK HARD> and so painful. plus in the hosp, nurse asked me if i wanna supplement with FM, i gaave in... that just means he prefers btl to breast and when i came home, had to deal with rocky boobs and a baby who don't really know how to suckle. I put cabbage, massage also no use. In the end no choice, i paid to ask lactation consultant to come my home to do home visit, then she helped me massage - it only worked when she did it cause she PRESSED REALLY HARD and just practically have baby at the boobs all day long. It was tough really. The sessions could go on to 1 hr for latching and before you rested enough, it's time to latch again. I wonder how i could go through it all over again but i guess i just have to bite my teeth and do it all over again! the best thing is to have a bb that is willing to latch and for that, i am not gg to let him/her drink from a btl in the hosp this time!

sun96,
pump can borrow of course. Patang?? not that i heard of. If your friends/colleagues are kind enuff to borrow u, why not? For hygiene reason, you may want to consider buy a new funnel/valve to replace & the pump is still as good. Anyway, all pump parts are to be sterilize b4 use too.
Moms in Mind provide rental for Ameda Lactaline Breast Pump too!

Sashamama
Thanks for the link.Very useful. I was calculated to be 4 weeks pregnant and bb due date on 27 Mar.
Information enough for you to update the list?

But huh...until now, I am still not convinced that I am preggie leh. I think I will only believe it when I see something during my 1st checkup next week. As I am mentally preparing myself to go through the IVF route, the thought that I can conceive natually with just medication is just so unbelievable.

kome,
If your bb feels very heavy when you carry him during bf, you can try putting some pillows to rest your arms and sit on a good arm chair to rest your head. Then bf is very relaxing and you can sleep while he drinks.

sweet basil & Sun96..

I also noticed my waist expanded..
I used to wear dresses with belt..but nw i find that it's uncomfortable even if i loosen the belt. my tummy also looks and feel bloated. feels a little hard also. But i did eat normally now..as i used to just take a soya bean drink with oat for lunch and very little rice for dinner. Now i eat three full meals with snacks whenever i feel hungry. i think i already put on weight.:p

scrumpee
so qiao... my calculated EDD oso is 27 Mar lei based on my LMP n 28 days cycle =)
which mean i'm oso in 4 wks +

me too... hv the cfm fr BT tat i'm preggy but hvn't seen my bb so still not feeling an xi lor...

elita,
Oh, I totally understand what u went thru. My confinement lady is the worst. She keep telling my MIL that I got not enough milk and insist must drink formula. So my bb initially was fed formula and bm for first few weeks. Next time, I am gonna make sure the confinement lady don't manipulate me. My engorement also super hard, and on the 5th day, I cannot tahan, took a cab and went to TMC to see lactation nurses too. Aiyo, they press so hard until cannot die from pain !!!! I felt like my breasts no longer belong to me anymore. After that, they cleared for me, I did not go there anymore. Ask my hb to massage for me when got bad engorement.

Man's got more strength to massage harder than if you massage on your own. PLus you can ask him to stop when cannot tahan. hehehe.

Think right now cannot think abt our weight first. Haiz....think i need to purchase some dress to wear

but will we feel more hungry easily at early stage? i mean when bb is developing n we can only see tiny dot?

Me too. I realised I cannot fit into my jeans anymore... cannot button. If button, feel like cannot sit and breathe. Also now, I can finish most of the rice I tabao from outside. Last time, only eat half portion. Think I already put on weight.

elita,
you make me swallow saliva when i recall my bfing days. I requested for total breast feeding for my boy in the hospital. Only gave in during the 3rd day to supplement with FM only once cos my boy was frustrated as my breast milk only kick in on the 4th day. He knows how to suckle & no problem latching, i am a lucky mum so all the more i am determine to bf. I tried the cabbage method, hot towel compress & even using hot stone from my massage lady to help smoothe away the block dusts & engorgement! The thot of it really scare me. We must cheer each other on when the time comes ya!

Hey girls. here's my update after my 2nd appt with gynae yesterday. Plus I saw our baby's heartbeat! Simply an amazing feeling
happy.gif

NICK - EDD - RESIDENCE - #BABY - GYNAE - CLINIC NAME - YEAR OF BIRTH
Sportyger - 02/03/2009 - Sengkang - #1 - Dr Yvonne Chan - TMC -
Jo - 02/03/2009 - Jurong West -#2 - DR WH Kee - TMC(Jurong Point Clinic) - 1974
Longan - 02/03/2009 - Bukit Batok - #2 - Dr Joycelyn Wong - TMC -
Wintertime - 02/03/2009 - AMK - #1 - Dr Joycelyn Wong - TMC -
Pikabini - 03/03/2009 - Kovan - #1 - Dr WK Tan - TMC -
Shannie - 03/03/2009 - Hougang - #2 - Dr Douglas Ong -
Kazooie - 03/03/2009 - #1 - Dr Joycelyn Wong - TMC - 1976
Moomooland -03/03/2009 - Sengkang - #1 - Dr Adrian Woodworth - TMC -
Annt - 07/03/2009 - Redhill - #1 - Dr Beh - TMC -
Lemontree - 07/03/2009 - Marine Parade - #2 - Dr Yvonne Chan - TMC -
Promeganate - 10/03/2009 - Redhill - #1 - Dr KT Tan - TPS - 1979
Elita - 10/03/2009 - Jurong West - #2 - Dr John Lim - Own clinic (Delivery at Mt A.) - 1981
Happyjean - 11/03/2009 - Queenstown - #2 - Dr. Lim Teck Chye - TMC - 1980
Queenie - 12/03/2009 - Woodlands - #1 - Dr Lawrence Ang - TMC @ Sun Plaza - 1985
Mooniiie - 13/03/2009 - Yishun - #1 - Dr Fong - Gleneagles -
Angelmummy - 14/3/2009 - Eunos - #1 - Dr Esther Ng - East Coast Clinic & Surgery for Women - ESH -
Corene - 15/03/2009 - Sengkang - #1 - Dr Joycelyn Wong - TMC -
Kome - 17/03/2009 - Serangoon - #2 - Dr Jen - Women's Clinic of Singapore @ AMK - 1979
Strawberrys79 - 21/03/2009 - Tampines - #1 - Dr Loke - Spore's woman clinic - 1979
Sashamama - - Punggol - #1 - Dr Joycelyn Wong - ACJ Clinic @ TMC - 1979
Caca - - Bukit Panjang - #2 Dr Douglas Ong -
Sy - - Bishan - #2 - Dr Henry Cheng Mt A - 1976
Padi - - Bishan - #1- TBC -
Northvirgo - - Farrer Park - #1 - Dr Marianne Hendricks @ KKH -
Den2 - - Bishan - #2 - Dr Vincent Lee - Bishan 8 clinic (Delivery @ TMC ) -
Maddy - - Toa Payoh - #2 - Dr Roy Ng - Gynae Consultants Clinic & Surgery (Mt. A) -
Sun96 - - AMK - #1 - Dr Foong LC - Gleneagles - 1977
ddtan - Sengkang - #2 - Dr KC Yeo - TMC -
Sassybaby - - Serangoon - #2 - Dr Loh Foo Hoe - Mt E - 1981
Steph77 - JW - #2 - Dr Fong Yang - Fong's Clinic Tiong Bahru (Del @ TMC) -

Hi all, i'm new here and EDD is 5Mar, having my #1. Do u ladies feel the occasional pricks from abdomen? i keep wondering what it is...

I remembered at TMC lactation room, it was so interesting apart from the pain.
I saw this ang mo lady... she had a baby that likes to bite her nipples when she is finished drinking. Aiyo, can imagine her mommy so painful. Mrs Wong Boi Boi had to teach the mommy how to handle her. But the ang mo lady had so much milk... aiyo with the hospital breast pump (very powerful), she can fill up a 130ml glass bottle in 5min !! And still got some more to pump. I look at my miserable breast milk supply, feel very pai seh.

Then, they started sharing how to improve milk supply and laugh about it. Quite interesting !

ddtan / kome,

I dun even dare think about my jeans man cos whenever i wear someting tigher or fitter i feel uncomfortable liao. On sat im going to get more dresses. more excuses for me to go for shopping. hahahaha...

btw i think it'll be good if we can add in our LMP to our list. mine was on 12 June 08.

<font color="0077aa">NICK - EDD - RESIDENCE - #BABY - GYNAE - CLINIC NAME - YEAR OF BIRTH - LMP
Elita - 10/03/2009 - Jurong West - #2 - Dr John Lim - Own clinic (Delivery at Mt A.) - 1981
Queenie - 12/03/2009 - Woodlands - #1 - Dr Lawrence Ang - TMC @ Sun Plaza - 1985
Angelmummy - 14/3/2009 - Eunos - #1 - Dr Esther Ng - East Coast Clinic &amp; Surgery for Women - ESH -
Kome - 17/03/2009 - Serangoon - #2 - Dr Jen - Women's Clinic of Singapore @ AMK - 1979
Strawberrys79 - 21/03/2009 - Tampines - #1 - Dr Loke - Spore's woman clinic - 1979 - 12 JUN 2008
Maddy - - Toa Payoh - #2 - Dr Roy Ng - Gynae Consultants Clinic &amp; Surgery (Mt. A) -
Sun96 - - AMK - #1 - Dr Foong LC - Gleneagles - 1977 - 20 JUN 2008
Steph77 - JW - #2 - Dr Fong Yang - Fong's Clinic Tiong Bahru (Del @ TMC) - </font>

Congrats starflower,
Think earlier on, i do have the same feeling as you but not sure what is it also.

Starflower: My pricks in the stomach come on and off. I still get it but its not so frequent now. Strangely I have nauseus feeling now. I thought MS only kick in after week 8! But my sweet hubby boiled ginger tea for me. That made me feel so much better.
happy.gif

So a note to everyone: can try a bit of ginger tea to help curb the nauseus feeling.
happy.gif

thanks cindy and sy76

congratulations starflower!!
I have been having pulling and pricking feelings around the loewr tummy too. but I read (i think from the book "what to expect when you are expecting") that as long as it is not painful, it just means that the tummy is building new blood vessels around the uterus for the growing baby
sun96 and strawberries79,
i think that i have to give up my pants soon too. Now still can button but feels really uncomfortable when i sit for too long. but my appetite has not really increase, in fact i eat healthier now because i cannot tahan oily food.

ladies
is it norm not to hv any cramps or pricks in the stomach during preggy?? saw tat mostly all of u hv tat kind of feeling but i dun hv... kind of worry whether is it norm for me anot =(

Padi, I've read that small amounts of ginger beer, ginger tea, ginger capsules or ginger biscuits can help with the nausea.

Apparently, herbal tea like peppermint works too.

I haven't tried any of the above though. When I feel queasy, I simply eat at the awful feeling goes away.

Sun
Don't worry, when i 1st preggy I don't feel anything at all. No syptoms no MS, so good and relaxed that time. Except abit no appetite only.

sun96,

Don't worry yourself over such symptoms. It is highly likely that your baby is growing well. Not all woman will have the same symptoms. So don't worry ok?
happy.gif

NICK - EDD - RESIDENCE - #BABY - GYNAE - CLINIC NAME - YEAR OF BIRTH - LMP
Starflower - 05/03/2009 - #1 - Dr Chan Kong Hon - Gleanegles - 1977 - 28May
Angelmummy - 14/3/2009 - Eunos - #1 - Dr Esther Ng - East Coast Clinic &amp; Surgery for Women - ESH -
Strawberrys79 - 21/03/2009 - Tampines - #1 - Dr Loke - Spore's woman clinic - 1979 - 12 JUN 2008
Maddy - - Toa Payoh - #2 - Dr Roy Ng - Gynae Consultants Clinic &amp; Surgery (Mt. A) -
Sun96 - - AMK - #1 - Dr Foong LC - Gleneagles - 1977 - 20 JUN 2008
Steph77 - JW - #2 - Dr Fong Yang - Fong's Clinic Tiong Bahru (Del @ TMC) -

thanks Sun, Kome &amp; Padi! Am feeling all that nausea and eating half my normal lunch/dinner intake, then all the prickly feeling. I also thought ginger not very good to bb, not sure if can drink now. Also my MIL advise not to start taking all those chinese herbs first, esp Dang Gui. Simple chicken soup w red dates is fine, but no longan. Black chicken soup is also ok she says.

Oh yeah....starflower you remind me. My gynae had asked not to eat any ginseng. He did not mention why.

Wow, fast thread today.... Welcome all new mommies!

Yea, it's different for everyone, I just have a bloated stomach and big boobs, very slight constipation and nausea but no MS at all. Just checked on my bub this morning and so glad that it's doing fine!

Kome, glad to hear the spotting has stopped!

starflower,
During the 1st trimester, it's best to avoid any tonic/herbal soups. Avoid cooling stuff &amp; whatever we eat, moderate is the word
happy.gif

kome
yr gynae mentioned tat cannot take ginseng... my mum even tot of brewing soup ginseng + pork for me to drink lei... then i must tell mum tat's not allow liao...

Yep no tonic/herbals yet. That day i didn't know then i ate half a bowl of tou hua. (gynae say can drink soya bean so i thought tou hua also can). Then my mum say better not, coz the powder which they put inside tou hua and jellies etc to make it harden is actually cooling so not to take. Oh well, moderation is fine. (eat also eat liao, hehee). Do u gals have salty or sweet cravings yet?

Sun
Yeah...since gynae himself mention than listen lor. Boil some other soup lor....yummy i just love to drink soups.

kome
yesterday my mum boil peanut + pork soup... yummy yummy... hahaha

starflower
my mum oso mentioned tat tou hua better avoid but soya bean drink is ok...
so far i've craving for fruity gummy bears... =p

thanks Sun, also, do u gals feel cold easily? I'm like cold hands and feet all the time, some friends say 1st trimester will feel cold, then 3rd trimester will feel hot..... i think my pants rotate until all my colleagues can recognise liao....hehee....

starflower,
Yes, i feel cold at night recently even though i just on the fan at speed 2 only. LAst time i on air-con also don't feel anything.

starflower
i feel warm lei... when my hb touch me, he tot i'm hving fever coz my body is so warm... dun noe wat's the reason but hb juz joking said tat coz now it's temp of 2 pple (sun + little sun) hahaha

ladies
now i realise tat our 3rd trimester will celebrate CNY wor... tink by then we can eat wat ever we want, no restriction issit? or we still need to avoid stuffs like pineapple, raw food etc etc?

Sun
How abt night time? Also warm? Afternoon will feel warm, but recently don't know why night time i do feel cold, sometimes even shivering.

Back