(2009/02) February 2009 MTBs

okok, gave me a fright.. heee =P
i nt sure if she is still hungry.. cos usually i wil bring along abt 30ml of water for her while eating cos she prefer the drier texture of cereal so i will give her a bit of water, halfway thru the meal..

So far she did manage to last for another 3hrs, max.. so i tot she is doing fine. hahhaha =P
maybe i will just keeop it tt way since u mention u read tt 1 milk feed = 1 cereal feed..

hw old is ur boy nw? my gal is approaching 5months & 3 week..
2714967.jpg

ya, when i gave birth tt time, she aldy full of hair.. heheehee... after the shave, nw her hair growing back...

ur boy so cute.... y u call him fatty? he dun look fat to me.. my gal is Feb 5 BB... ur boy? wat is his weight nw? and you mention he drinking only 6oz = 180ml? My gal is drinking 200ml every 3hrs - 3.5hrs, weight is 7.3kg..

Haenim Play Yard
Anyone here bought the play yard frm the spree?
I am thinkin of getting one but cant decide?

mine is 3Feb BB.. approaching 5mths 3wks actually.
My fren and hubby think he's fatty. So we alwaz call him fatty.
He only drink 5oz = 150ml every 3 to 4hrs leh. His last wt at 4mths was 8.2kg. Now shld be at least 8.5kg bah...

I also want to get the play yard, but concerned abt space constraints and i really wonder if BB is willing to be confined inside and play...

ohh.. they haf a gap of 2 days only.. and ur boy same Bday as me.. heheee... so including my gal n him, we are 3 aquarius.. heheh =P

ohhh.. ur boy only drinks 150ml every 3-4hrs ah? My gal drink more than him le. but only 7.3kg as per last fri when she went for her jab.. wat did u feed him? BM ma? I started FM since she is abt 1month++ cos supply does nt meet demand..

i also tot of getting one.. but likely get the 4 panel.. intend to go to IMM to take a look at the actual tis weekend... I supposed my gal will enjoy sittin n playin inside ba.. so long we give her toys... if really dun wan to stay inside then haf to sell away lo, no choice..

where do u stay? maybe if nearby and if i really buy, u can come over n try if ur boy wan to sit inside..

BTW to all mummies:
Have your BB start to flip? Can sit without support? Sleep from 7pm - 7am? Starting on other solids else than cereal?

curiousgal:
He's on TFM. I stopped at 6wks, cos really hate everything abt BF. :p I was so overwhelmed and tired tat time. He's taking Friso.

I stay in Hougang area. But my BB will go to my Mum's place in Semb after he start porridge. Now my mum comes over my in-laws place everyday to help me take care. Cos i cant take all the changes after my maternity leave. Now, more or less settled down liao..

Update of BB progress:
Flip from back to tummy and with 1 hand still stucked under body. Hahha~
Sit momentarily (like 3s?) w/o support
Sleep from 9-10pm to 7am with 1 night feed.
Taking cereal and tried apple.
Learning to grab but not good yet.

---------------------------
NOTE : DATE CHANGE : 8 Aug
---------------------------
Positive Baby Music & Babysign Workshop on 8 Aug sat 10am to 10.45am (Max 12 babies) Birth and Beyond Address:19 Tanglin Road #05-18 Tanglin Shopping Centre S247909
1) Mummy kris
2) LemonT
3) Snow_bb
4) Grace Chua
5) Aidanyap
6) DJmama
7) Happy_mummy79
8) yaer
9)MrsLim
10)pumpkinseed
11)Thesimz

**DO ALL MUMMIES WANT TO CHANGE TO SUN INSTEAD?**

6mth Gathering on 15th Aug, Sat.
==============================================
Peaks, if min 30 mummies are going:
+ Free diapers (to be confirmed) - pls indicate the size you would like to have.

+ Nestle to give goodies for babies & will be sponsoring us a Nutritionist or demostrator

+ Free organic cereals and biscuits food tasting session, complimentary from an Organic shop in HollandV. Competitive pricing for some items. 5% and more discounts for orders of 12 boxes and more.

To be determined:
+ Location :
1) PumpkinSeed's place @ Shelford Road
$50 for either session for function room (10am to 3pm, or 5pm to 10pm)
2) Sheepish's place near Tenah Merah MRT.
FOC. (this option is pending on the repair of aircon in function room. TBC by Sheepish)
3) Cafe (max 46px)
http://www.creativeculinaire.com/downloads/BUFFET.pdf
4) Any other suggestions

1) Mummy Kris + Bb Shyann - M size
2) Mummy L + Bb A - M size
3) Mummy Lonerunner + bb Chi Mun - L size
4) Mummy G + Bb Alicia
5) Mommy I'Ching + Bb Craig - M size
6) Mummy + BB Aidan (M size)
7) Mummy Thesimz + bb zac (L Size)
8) Mummy webtobe06 + bb snow (L size)
9) Mummy blueb + bb (to be confirmed)
10) Mummy iceblue + bb (to be confirmed)

*Mummy kris & BabyOx will bring LG mats!

okok, if i buy the play yard, i will let u knw then.. cos i stayin in sengkang, shld be considered near ba..

BB Progress:
she cant really flip
Can sit long without support..
Tried food jar but dun like
Prefer fresh food etc...

So far, i am takin care of her myself after work and over weekends.. no one to help except grandma to take care during the day... =)

actually i find my BB rather slow in his progress?
He like to be carried and will keep screaming and crying if we leave him in cot / rocker chair. I heard if alwaz being carried will slow down learning progress... but bo bianz leh....cannot keep leaving him there to cry also... and it's really tiring to carry him now.

curiousgal,

not sure but at this stage, shd we be replacing their milk feed with cereal? i tot its meant to be supplement only... what i do is i feed my bb twice a day of cereal and each time only give 1 tablespoon, and i feed him after his normal milk intake, which seems much lesser than u guys considering that he is already 6mth old now.... he is only drinking 5oz/150ml... and now i am trying to supplement him with fruit puree at night, so 2 cereal and 1 fruit puree on top of his normal milk intake...

yes, frisocreme already got milk content, need not add milk anymore...

grace,

my place also small, damn cramp cuz got so many things now haha.... but will try try first and see if he is willing to be confine inside... because then i can bring to mil place and not have to worry he will crawl on her floor, which is always oily and dirty because she cooks a lot...

curiousgal,

my boy is born on 14jan, so is much bigger than your bb so his progress cannot be comparable to yours i supposed since he older mah... however, he can now flip steadily and he started to flip ard 4+mth...
he cannot sit unsupported yet as of now...
he can sleep thru ard 10hrs each time and is sleeping thru even from 2mth old...
he is taking only cereal and fruit puree on top of his normal milk intake now...

catmomo,

mine also always scream and cry and cannot be left alone... i am on leave this mon-wed... and carrying this little boy till so tired liao haha... he is exceptionally cranky when i am at home de... and now worse because he took his jab yesterday, so guess is a bit cranky...

btw, mummies, does your bb injection wound get swollen?

happy: only the bcg one a bit swollen, till now still got scar on his butt.
sad.gif

the rest, dont recall it swollen.

at MIL's place, i'm using the playpen. if introduce the play yard, i think all the rest dont have to walk liao.
at least when he can crawl and stand, can put him in the playpen without worries. I hope.

catmomo:
my gal also born on feb 3! she's 7.7kg and 70cm last week so she's "skinny" compared to ur "fatty"! hehe!

Update of BB progress:
flip from back to tummy (started when she's 3mos old) and now can half sit (like pushing her hand til she's very high and move her feet a bit in her front (if u know what i mean!)

Sit momentarily (like 5s) w/o support
Sleep from 10pm to 6am with NO night feed. Will have her feed when she wakes up.
Taking cereal and tried apple, carrots, peas.
Good at grabbing things esp mommys hair!

grace,

normal that bcg scar will stay on the butt... my boy no swollen for the 2mth and 4mth jab, until this 6mth jab, both the 6-in-1 and pneumococcal jab wound swollen, think i better check with pd... hmmmm

Hi Mummies

I'm gradually adjusting to being immobile
sad.gif
Am looking for a part time cleaner tho, any of you mummies have maids or maids' friends who want to earn extra bucks in the weekends? I'm residing in Clementi. Do PM me if you have someone. Thanks!

Woah Mibebe, joannelim, liting baby all super long ....okok super tall. 70 cm already.

ANyway how to cook brocoli huh? only can cook the flowery part right then the stem cannot use issit?
I read the annabel book...it state puree with BUTTER and MILK....butter?? isn't it considered a new item too..??

cATMOMO...

Woah if ur fibriod condiiton like so serious until might remove womb....i will not risk it. will bear all children first then go for operation.

My case cos i too heavy menses liao. if don go, soon will have series of health problem again. before i was preg, i went for those bi-annual insurance cancer check. woah my blood count so low, at first they tot i got leumiakia (blood cancer) ...then went for more test....they suspect thalsamia (i oso don knw how to spell)...in the end i got pregnant.....then my blood count were better than ever.

Also the position of fibriod does not allow it to be remove during my c-sec. sianz

am not even thinking about the op on thurs. hmm...

catmomo/curiousgal,

my gal born on 3 Feb,
- can't really flip
- can sit for a while without support..
- tried rice cereal, fresh apple and pear puree (dun like apple)
- heinz apple juice also dun like
- sleep from 10pm to 6am and wake up for a feed, thereafter can sleep till 10-11am
- was 68cm at her 5th mth visit..

tried kiddy palace but still cant find the grinder
sad.gif

cereal:
got a ques on this. i heard/read tt banana may cause constipation. i hav a box of rice + banana cereal ..so cant giv baby evryday?

Yaer, the clear liquid is in a green box, cannot remember the name, think it start with G, just tell them its for cleaning milk residue from baby's tongue.

Happy, i am using pooh and frens design from SSW, dimension of the mat is 1850 x 1250 mm. The 6 panel playyard perimeter is slightly larger then the mat, so maybe at the end, you can add a row of those ABC mat. For me, I just leave it.

Saro, hope Joel get well soon.

Doublej7, wah..seems like the grinder is OOS in many places ah...you might want to check with the salesperson whether any stocks coming soon then leave your number for them to call. I often do that so I dun have to keep going back to check for stocks.

Grace,

yah!!! tat is how my gal drinking milk now... drink den cry den drink again n den cry... really buay tahan... keep asking her wat u wan mummy to do hayden?? den my hubby will said as if she noe like tat... haha...
yah... went to kkh twice... 1st time is due to fever n second time is due to vomiting n refuse to sleep... nearly got hospitalise... both nite stay there until 2 to 3am... really super tired tat time... somewhere is the week when me going back to work on mom...
ok... will go n try the dakartin... thanks...

happy
yah... i tink most properly is milk thrust oso... yesterday nite wipe her tongue using handkerchief... the handkerchief really cum out yellow... tink the milk thrust really stay inside from white untill yellow though i wipe her tongue everyday... haiz...

deedee
me oso down with infection... tis time round it is the eye... never kana the eye before leh... dun noe how i got it oso... just tis morning suddenly wake up with a goldfish eye... still got to drag myself to work cos got a colleague went for training...
thanks for the liquid cleanser for milk thrust... will go check it out oso...

curiosgal,
me me!!! i just bought the 4 panels japanese version from the bp... hope my gal will like it!!!

bb progress:
born on 12 feb... now weighting 7.35kg...
my gal started to flip from back to tummy when she is 4 mths plus. still cannot flip back though
she can sit at the corner of the sofa without support now... so far haven try to let her sit on her own...
she sleep from 9+pm to morning 8am without nite feed...
now feeding her rice cereal on top of her normal milk intake... have oredi prepare sweet potato n carrot puree... will let her try tis weekend... but still tink which time of the day to introduce her... any suggestion mummies?
she is trying move forward when on her tummy now...

spicegal
dun noe if u r talking abt the same liquid cleanser as deedee anot... anyway will go n check it out tomolo... thanks!!!

yaer: that time my PD says give dakartin must give 3 times per day, for a week. all his things that put into his mouth must sterilize (e.g. toys), else bb will be infected again. if u latch, need to apply the cream on yr nipple too.

then that time i asked my hb a stupid question. bb's hand need to sterilize or not. haha.

Hi Shyann,

has took note of the date changed from 1st to 8th Aug. ...kindly confirm the date as i need to take leave on Sat.

Thanx Much for your efforts in coordinating!

grace
lolz... not a stupid question lah... me sometime oso tinking the same... my gal really like her fingers very much...
give her toys she will grab n put into her mouth... but the next min i will see the toys on the ground n her fingers in her mouth...
there was one time i saw her putting her 8 fingers into her mouth... 4 fingers from each hand... her mouth really full until cannot close ah...
her 2 thumb cannot go in cos too full liao... haha... so funny...
so if her hand can sterlize, her fingers will be first!!! haha...

actually i saw children hand spray selling at kiddy palace... it said can kill 99.999% bacteria...
the salesgal said can spray on infant leh... dun noe true or not...
tinking whether wan to try anot...

Catmomo,

my BB considered quite well-behaved cos she will sit in her walker for quite long. cos since rather young when she knws hw to cry for attention n carry, i make it a habit to ignore and will keep tellin her, 'mummy cannot keep carry, u must learn to sit sit. if u good gal n behave then mummy carry'.. so far she dun really dare to whine and cry with me to carry but do tt to my grandma.. =)

happymummy,
nt too sure if we can replaced the cereal with 1 milk feed cos when i brought her to PD last fri. I think the PD says its ok. And can even start to feed her porridge.. I guess my gal progress rather fast ba, according to the PD. Can sit without support for a long while... (but sometimes she will drop to her side.. =D hehee.

mibebe/doublej7
same same... my gal also sleep thru.. since she was 2 months++.. her sleeping time is 7-8pm++ since young.. trained her tt way cos there was a period when she was abt 1month old, she didnt wan to sleep until like 11pm++ so we started making her sleep frm 7pm onwards. will bath her arnd 7pm+, feed her then off to bed. nw she wan to sleep on our bed with hubby and after she feel asleep then we put her on her own bed..

Haydensmom
ya, i also plan to buy tt. but think again, i think i can wait for 6 more months and buy the big blocks. i find it more worth it.. perhaps i will go to KIDS Mall tis weekend to check it out...

Shyann
I am interested to join but cant confirm now. Can i let u knw later after i dicsuss with my hubby.. What are the info tt i shld knw?

oh no! Instead of losing weight i have put on weight! 2kg! Wat a horror. Tis mrn realize e new jeans i buy b4 go back work had tightened! Wat e hell am i doing?!

iceblue,
jiayou!! i also tryin hard to lose man!!! But so far, the weight has been the same... finally lost 1 kg after 3weeks of 'reduce carbihydrate' hard work.. maybe u can try....?

curiousgal
www.birthandbeyond.com.sg & it is $30

During this period, baby’s growth accelerates. His increasing cognitive development results in inquisitiveness and emerging self-awareness. Critical to his first learning experience is the opportunity to explore and express. Positive Babies provides stimulating activities for both babies and parents through:-

Yoga play

object play

simple sign language

exercises with songs and rhymes

fun tools to capitalize on this vital developmental stage

stage

The above endows you with the tools to promote learning potentials and holistic development of your babies.

Hi Shyann,

I refering to the gathering.. Sori for nt making myself clear... Cos wan to see hw my gal will mingle with BBs her age.. =)

As for the class, i will read n see if hubby is keen.. Tks for the link..

hey mummies,

jus to ask ur advice and comments... i haf taken a new hobby recently.. tt is hair clippy making.. inspired by a lot of mummies in the forum who r selling them. tot of doing it as hobby as well as source of income. wat is ur comments on the few designs, price range u wld consider to buy them?

2718018.jpg
2718019.jpg
2718020.jpg

really? cos i plannin to sell them as a source of additional income.. If u keen, once i set up the thread/personal webby, i will drop u an email?

Anymore comments?
**appreciate your valuable feedbacks & comments**

saro
------
Babies when sick, must go PD.. certain GP might not hv the medication for them as GP = General Practioner (this is just my opinion). When we fall sick, adult with higher immunity get infected when come into contactt... let alone be the NB who is just 5mth old. BF is to build immunity & not to prevent & how high immunity does a NB have, right?

so don't feel upset over it. remember u r my idol for total latching! keep it on ya! hehe...

Mummies can keep in mind, when we are sick, pls wear a mask & constantly keep up with our hygiene to prevent passing to babies. we love our babies, so just bear with it, during this period, don't kiss them too much as thery are very vunerable to bacteria & virus at this stage.

Hi Saro,

Though i dun really knw the whole situation there. But dun be sad.. I admire you for Total Latching. I only managed to maintain it for 6 weeks, max..

LemonT,
Yes, i wore a mask when i wasnt well the other time.. BB look at me with a strange look on her face. And even with the mask, try to minimize goin near her too... as it is not 100% safe either... =)

Grace
----------
U r most welcome.. we care & we share here...

Well, when my gal got the sudden angry rashes on a Sunday night, it was my brother who got panic, cos he thought it might be HFMD. so we rushed to KKH. lucky i was calmed & kept repeat the questions to the doctors & confirming their answer for my understanding. u know, after childbirth, memory is really very bad...

after the incident, i know how to keep calm & differentiate which symptoms is more serious which need to be admistered immediately.

Hi mummies...

wats the name of the liquid cleanser to clean the tongue again? sorry if i missed it...

thank u soooo much! *hugz**

Back