(2009/02) February 2009 MTBs

breezie:
u can do a search of e forum... i ever read a thread tat really detailed every single thing e mummy did to bring back milk...

ramy,
u r welcome... hope tat the plan suits u...

taztaz,
my bb is on NAN HA now... yup... sold @ kk pharmacy... but u got to ask the from the counter... they dun put it on the shelf...

Wedtobe,
the plan is myshield plus from AVIVA...

iceblue
i have never bring my baby out alone too. Normally its with my hubby, and he is the one who is using the sling not me. Cos i got pretty bad backache. So this coming tues i also dont know if i can do it on my own hahaha. take it as a challenge loh.. first time i use the sling, i sweat n sweat, baby cries n cries.

mm anchorpoint abit too far for me.. surely need take taxi one. anyway if u all want chinese food in JP, it will be din tai feng there or u can try the two more expensive ones - dian xiao er n zhou shi i think or in wing1 crystal jade etc.

opps baby cries.. bbl

Gathering@theWEST
so wad to eat.. we muz find area that is not too cramp.. anyone alway go JP.. go check which is more suitable.. hee.. then we all just follow...

joannelim,
dun worry when u reach can ask webtobe you help.. hee since she is not bring bb...

Babyjorn,
me not getting it anymore as i read from http://cozybabies.com.sg/?cat=4 then i feel maybe i will get beco instead.. but haven't make up my mind.. hee..

Hmm should we arrange for a EAST side gathering too? Hee..
But i dont bring my BB out alone. I also only bring him out with my hubby. Once i took him out wiht my mom and maid. Otherwise dont think i can handle carrying him and the stroller.

And my hand still hurts la!

hsbc card @ jpi saw
if swensen "One complimentary promotional set meal with every three set meals purchased"
Délifrance,complimentary Soup of the Day and regular Soft Drink with purchase of any Hot Meal
pizza hut 1 for 1

yaer
is yr rider cover all as i heard ntuc dont

joannelim
i will help if i can

hey gals,

i sent out the contact list to all who have emailed me their contacts.. if you didnt receive, let me know okie cos i can be quite blur.. ok la, very blur.. haha

ramy, my husband went out for his happy hour.. tmr i ask him, u can go to the website of prudential to check... all the premiums are there..

sheepish, sometimes the old folks really test our patience lor...haha...cannot blame us for being rude to them.

mrslim, for short outing, dun have to pack so much lah, normally i will bring
1 set of spare clothes (usually romper for now)
2 hand towel
2 disposable diapers
1 portion of milk powder
A small flask of hot water
1 milk bottle (prefilled with boiled water for making milk so tat i have 1 less bottle to bring)
pacifier + pacifier clip

West side gathering : confirm its Tue. I prefer western food like NYNY/swensens as restaurant is bigger and can their tables can arrange for big groups. I have the HSBC card too, so can go for the promo listed by wedtobe. Saro, sorry about tat, hope you can get the appt changed and join us for lunch.

wedtobe, ramy,

sorry... the plan is called myshield... myshield plus is the rider...
the rider covers the co-insurance portion under myshield and provides a lump sum critical illness benefit in the event of diagnosis of a critical illness as well as hospital cash benefit in the event of a hospital admission...

GT: my gal same evry mrn i giv her ridwind stil hav wind..vry bloated lik tt smre. i only giv once cos evening nd to giv her the probiotic by PD. me is smone who alwys tak med liao.so dun 1 my baby also lik tt. so i try to separate out the med..lik ridwind i only giv once a day.

haha me also a hermit crab loh..
mon - fri sure at hm.wkend hubby wif me then can go out.but tmr only 3rd time brg baby out(beside the doc visits thingy).

btw wld it be betr nt to go dig ur baby? jus let it cm naturally? my baby also dun poo evryday, i ask PD b4 he say 3days no shit also ok de

joanne:so u gna brg baby out wif the sling? hee i giv up liao..think gna sell out.. buy alot of thgs tt i no use..haiz waste $

breezie
You can try to bring it back in a fridge-to-go kind of cooler bag but not sure how many hours it can store or can even bring it (the BM since it's liquid) on the plane in the first place. I suggest you just pump and throw just to keep the supply going. I don't advise you to keep the milk as can't be sure the hotel will freeze it properly as well and just too much hassle to try to make sure it's not contaminated etc. and also to bring on the plane etc.

today is ultimate experience for me.

bb cry until scream non-stop for about 5 min, and then stop and scream again for a few min and this goes on for like half hour before me and hb says we should go see doctor.
step out of house, he stopped, went into the house, starts again. and we repeat this for 3 times and we spent like 3 hours comforting him, going out, coming back to house, etc.
in the end, bb fall asleep, but dont know what causes it and what went off that he is back to "normal". have to see next feed to see if he is fully ok.

so heartache, cos he cry until no voice. and can hear that his voice changed after all the screaming.

i was telling hb that luckily he is back, else i alone how to handle the screaming bb. sigh. wish me luck later and tmr. just finished pumping and waiting for his next feed.
sad.gif

iceblue, dun sell away the sling first.. why not ask those mummies here to teach u how to wear it properly.. i also dun really know how to use sling.. haha.. for me as long as bb comfortable inside can liao...

spicegal, thx for sharing... that really can lighten my load.. haha..

oh my... havent come in here for some time and there is a gathering @ JP! but have my gynae appt which is overdue. can let me know what time u gals are meeting? maybe i can still make it.
happy.gif

btw those mommies using sling, do u find it warm?
last week i went out finally with my bb in sling. was outdoor and i felt so hot, think even the bb was perspiring. i dont remem having this prob the last time. seems like i can only use in air con places.

tues soon leh... lets make a decision by voting

1. pizza hut (i ate recently though) =P
2. New York New York
3. Swensen
4. Din Tai Feng
5. Thai Express
6. Pepper Lunch
7. Bakerzin
8. Dian Xiao Er (expensive)
9. Zhou's kitchen
10. or the wing1 Japanese restaurant over there.

if u wish to add to the list just add. I am just listing down those with bigger area. Billy bomber, the area too small for prams n big gathering.

anyway i think its good if we can gather our contact number and names.

West side gathering:

I'm ok with anything that's not too expensive (that rules out Dian Xiao Er, I guess).

Maybe a less busy restaurant would be easier to accommodate us...

Baby Sling:

I also got a MIM bb sling as a gift from a relative. I watched the DVD, seem v good and ez to use. But when i tried it, i m not confident. Scared I will drop my BB. And seem quite warm too cos bb is being swaddled inside. I went to buy a carrier instead. Not Bjorn though. An ordinary fabric one. But I think it's good enough for me.

1st vacination
Does anyone's bb has a pus-like bump from the 1st vaccination?

west gathering:
I think I might not be able to make it on Tue liao. My MIL going over to my SIL's place next week as bb is on the way now (shld be born before noon today) so I got no one to look after bb while I'm out
sad.gif

iceblue/sheepish:
Now I got halfday morning help only. MIL will come in 2 weeks later to help during day time.
My SIl in delivery ward as I am typing now. My nephew coming out anytime now.
happy.gif

GraceChua:
u poor thing. Isit becos of the heat? hang on!

Dear Mummies, if anyone looking for a home base professional infant care center@ AMK just drop me a mail for more information
happy.gif
just wanna to share some information
happy.gif

oh btw their service is quite flexible hours

[email protected]

lonerunner,

after vaccination, i usually put a hot compress over it like 3x a day for 2 days so it won't have that bump. it also helps soothes the pain/discomfort of our baby.

swenswens is fine ? issit big ? as long as big area, food taste is secondary.. hehe

Btw, yesterday i went Vivo, they have a big baby room beside Burger King

If i remember correctly, 4 or 6 Bf rooms and 4-5 diaper changing stations ...

Erm, in front of Burger King got space to park strollers.. hehe.. anyone went to this Burger king and baby room before ?

lonerunner: at first we also thought it is too hot, then we on the air-con, he also cry.
sad.gif

today's still cranky. but now bb zzz cos too tired.

Grace Chua:

The crankiness is just a phase - it'll pass. Whether it'll be a short phase or a long one is another question!!!

lonerunner,
Is the blister of vaccination from the BCG? If so, that is meant to leave a scar as an indication of the BCG having been administered.
If you're referring to the 1st vaccination at 5-6 wks old, does that swell? My bb has no marks from the vaccinations leh.

lonerunner:
ok lah, morn help better than no help... juz do most of stuff like bathing baby in morn lor, then can focus on only doing e necessary in e afternoon... when baby sleeps, try to sleep too... then can get some rest...

mrslim, no prob, forget to add : 1 small pack of wet wipes (in case baby poo)

shirlyn, we are meeting at 11.30am so as to beat the lunch crowd, if meet too late, scared no tables for us or if too crowded, we might have to wait very long for our food.

grace...sorry to be rude, but can just imagine the 3 hours you and hb went thru, find it quite a funny sight though.

Joanne, you can find our tel # in the email send by whitegalz. I find the restaurents located in the new wing all quite big and spacious so we can lunch there bah. How about we meet at the new wing entrance at 11.30am and then proceed to find a restaurent? What is the 1st shop at the entrance ah?

Lonerunner, no prob, join us another time. I am sure it will not be our only west side gathering.

West side gathering
Time : 11.30am
Venue : 1st entrance of Jurong Point new wing (Joanne, pls let us know the shop at the entrance so that we will not be waiting at the wrong entrance)

1) spicegal - OK
2) joannelim - ok
3) saro - pls confirm
4) webtobe -ok w/o bb
5) mrslim - ok
6) djmama - ok
7) samantha - pls confirm
8) icc - ok
9) qingsiew - ok

i havent given any details to whitegalz...
joanne stays in jurong west? heee, i freq jp (usu at the old wing) but i have no idea where the 1st entrance of the new wing is.

would be good to know the name of the shop, easier to find.

11.30 am is good, beat the lunch crowd.
i wont be bringing my baby coz gg to the gynae after that.

spicegal,

i feel so disturb after watching the child abuse video. mine trying to show my hubby the video but kana remove fr youtube liao

west side gathering:
Enjoy yourselves!! Wished that I can be there too, but I still dun dare to bring bb out alone and before her 1st vaccination!

mibebe:
hmm ... maybe I'll try apply a hot compress over the bump n see how it goes. Thanks!

priviledged:
Yes, the blister is from the BCG vaccination which was administered on the day bb is born. Now got one big pus that has been growing bigger and bigger since last week. I'm getting worried. We hadnt go for the 2mth vaccination yet until 20th April.

sheepish:
Yeah morning help better than nothing at all. Next week will be even tougher going for me as my MIL and aunt will be tied up with my new born nephew so no one will be coming over in the morning anymore until 2 weeks later. I'll get my dad to help deliver my lunch temporary for the next 2 weeks before my MIL comes over. Really really needs rest liao.

Hi mummies, sorry to disturb you. I'm a Mar 09 mummy. Will like to ask if you have any good full-month buffet caterers to recommend?

Thanks.

Lost in the thread. so many posts!
Sorry, i always can't address who says who, cause I am always lost in this thread, and has time to glance thru only, so roughly knows wat is happening here.

Btw, wats this gathering in west about? so no more in sengkang?

And my baby has also lost 100grams leh...fr 5.7 to 5.6kg.
sad.gif
she refuses to drink much milk when she is home. When I brought her to see padetrician, she just prescribed some probiotics, and anti-colic medicine. very stress up. I have a running preschooler at home, and a baby crying and not drinking milk, really stress. admire those who have 3 or more kids. I can't imagine how u all cope.

Anyway, talking about body, i feel i m much much weaker after birth too. Though I dun suffer fr rashes, but I suffer fr a bit of giddiness, and weakness and yah, aching all over. I just went for full body check as well, overweight, high cholestrol blar blar...sianz.

Har saw somehting interesting, somebody mentioned baby will have different behaviors different months? this month is certainly a bad month for me. hope my gal reaches 3rd month soon, and hope by then her behavior will be good again! ha!

regarding vomit milk, my gal also had it last few weeks. change similac to nan, and it becomes better (cross fingers).

Talking about similac, yah, realised it helps weight gain faster. my boy was on similac and he gained weight fast last time. gal on Nan now, not too sure...hope it helps too.

But first, I must make her drink milk!!! anyone has such experience of baby refusing to drink milk or drink milk and crying at same time? sianz...she is now like drinking only 50-60ml per 3hourly like newborn!

hi iching, my gal on anti colic medicine liao leh...really dunno wat to do with her. but at my in laws place she seems ok, at least my in laws said she finished her milk! i am thinking maybe its my house fengshui! ha!

anyway, really going crazy.

YAN, you are not alone. i feel like a bad mummy too! I am ignoring my boy, and having problem with my girl, and whole body like lousy. I am going crazy and I really fear will suffer from (choy!) things like stroke blar blar with me always panicky and stress and not enough sleep and angry all the times.

KKF:

Anti-colic medicine not magic lah - sometimes won't work. My son will still get his colic bout after I add Ridwind into his bottle... Besides, it cold be anything - is she too warm and uncomfortable; is the room too bright? Babies are fussy like that.

mommies
next time there is one more place to go
Yew Tee point, there is alot restaurants n there is also nursey room there
still renovation ...

Whitegalz
Western Chow is not buffet style. its is a per portion. we can hv individual order & it will come in takeaway pack. e.g, u can hv Chicken Chop in Black Pepper Sauce w/ 2 sides of Fries & French Beans @ $5.90 & I can hv Rosemary Lambchop w/ whipped potatoes & colslaw @ $10. i can pack the gravy separately. like this, we just eat & throw, so as not to mess up fatjo's plc too.

how does it sound to u?
happy.gif

hi kkf: my bb was like that also, refusing to drink milk & crying as she was gassy. I quickly burp her a few times then feed again. Then burp again in-between. usually it helps.

oh ya as for slings i have both the becos & balboa, find that bb is very hot when i put her in them. so i only use slings for aircon places.
sad.gif

lonerunner
my baby also got the bump but we didnt realise it until our PD saw it during his first month check up. She told us to use the cord powder on it.. now the bump is gone. she says tat cord powder is actually antiseptic powder.

in regd to gathering,its my first time bring baby out alone also ah.., u can try leh

gathering
the first shop at the entrance is the curry puff store on the left hand side n the carvana chicken on the right hand side.

mmm as for afternoon crowd, dont worry about it.. there is no crowd one. haha unless its public holiday. pple hardly go for restaurant, they normally frequent those fast food or the food stall at level 2.

kkf
the seng kang gathering is still on. The west side mummies decided to hold another gathering for ourselves.

depression
i think i might be suffering from post natal depression. Today went out with family to eat, end up i kept shouting at my older son non stop. He kept irritates me and i kept shouting until i couldnt take it anymore. i bang the table n everyone look at me then on the way home i kept scolding non stop. at my door step, suddenly i got a huge headache leading me to faint there. hubby n son got a huge shock. When i woke up the next min, my head kept having this acute pain n fainting spell. sigh... dont know how...
really very stress to eat out with baby crying n son kept irritating me by running around the restaurant.

spicegal/ qingsiew/ saro/ SY
WOW! u lucky gals.. got a hainanese hubby :p... not me HL.. hainanese man very loving & caring one... thou me 100% hainanese but i got a cantonese :p... spending my life searching for hainanese man, for all i know, all taken up.. wahahahah

spicegal/ qingsiew - hope u & ur hubbies will like our food
happy.gif

ashleigh
my dear, pls rephrase ur word... u will never do any harm to ur baby. its just hormonal change perhaps.. even when we r not well, we still can BF our babies cos our body will build immunity for them. stay positive & optimistic abt urself & baby & eventually, everything will turn out well yah... tats y ppl always say "Mothers are the Greatest creature on Earth".

i'll check it out & let u know abt infantcare @ punggol
happy.gif

iceblue
if ur baby is on FM, u hv to let the Avent sales assistant know. there's another teat for thicker liquid like FM or juices. u can't use the #2 medium flow teat as ur baby will hv difficulty in sucking. FM is thicker than BM.

concurrently as in this feed, u use #1 & next feed #2. then u hv to observe her drinking speed, pattern eg. does she drink till tired & fall asleep or always leftover the same amt of milk. when u upgrade a faster flow for her, remember to break her feed at least twice to allow her to rest & swallow her milk. if u let her finish all at 1 shot, afraid she might throw out when she finishes her milk cos drink too fast. also, if u r feeding her 120ml, give her a break after 40ml. if u take the bottle out at 30ml, she might refuse to drink anymore. for my gal, now she 11weeks old, she finishes 150ml of BM at 1 shot abt 10-15mins. u hv to observe & ur instinct will tell u when is the right time. these are my experience w my gal when i upgrade the teats for her
happy.gif

for water u can use #1. once ur baby is used to #2, u can use tat for her liquid too. but its #2 medium flow teat, not the one for FM. otherwise, get choke.

sheepish
i can't say whether the books or dvds are useful. personally, i feel that dvds are good for visualising due to moving pics, music etc & books are good for reinforcement.

RE: West side gathering

Venue : 1st entrance of Jurong Point new wing (Joanne, pls let us know the shop at the entrance so that we will not be waiting at the wrong entrance)

1) spicegal - OK
2) joannelim - ok
3) saro - pls confirm
4) webtobe -ok w/o bb
5) mrslim - ok
6) djmama - ok
8) icc - ok
9) qingsiew - ok
10) LeMonT - tbc

me future WEST side mummy... hehe.. can come KPO? :p

RE: West side gathering

<font size="+1">Cavana Chicken &amp; Old Chang Kee</font>

1) spicegal - OK
2) joannelim - ok
3) saro - pls confirm
4) webtobe -ok w/o bb
5) mrslim - ok
6) djmama - ok
8) icc - ok
9) qingsiew - ok
10) LeMonT - tbc
11) shirlyn - ok w/o bb
happy.gif

lemont: wah so chim no.2 also gt so many type?

tt special angle one i saw in avent web aft my fren told me. but i thinkg to try anot...cos the friso comfort conside thick? it jus becom lumpy once the temp n nt hot..then only at the end then my gal gt prob suck..co block the nippl

she on FM

lemonT
so many hainanese... am also 100%
dint know the men are known to be caring and loving, thot only handsome, hee.

joanne
i have also been through such situation. when i have to face an active &amp; stubborn toddler and a hungry baby alone, i lose my temper. i know it is difficult to control but am learning to be less uptight.

maybe leave the care of ur son to ur hubby while u concentrate on the baby. i find this more manageable.

Back