(2009/02) February 2009 MTBs

kkf
i was told 2 much papaya bb might hv jaundice. not sure how true. i suggest u take prune juice very effective. rem to praise yr child (not sure gal/boy) gd weight. mine is 1.996kg@32wks n gynae said its average weight.
just now i went n consult my experienced mum collg n she told me what essential stuffs must buy for bb like grip water, milk bags, bb safe mattress. getting excited. hope robinson got more better sales after christmas so as to finish up whatever buys!

oh i just remembered i forgot to stockup breast pads.
anyone knows where selling Pigeon Disposable Breast Pads 36+6 pieces at $8?
well, that was the price i paid last yr, not sure if now still have this price.

kkf,

congrats to you!! passed the 30th week mark and bb has a good weight!!! continue to strive on to the 32nd week, you can do it
happy.gif

can eat papaya but in moderation...i guess its more of too much vitamin A that is not good...jaundice..no scientific evidence as yet
happy.gif

har...die die...i eat a lot a lot of papayas, and drink a lot a lot of papaya juice...oppss.....

jas, i am seeing her 10 days time, next appointment is 12th jan 2009. but actually i m seeing kkh gynae at the same time. want to secure a bed for baby in case in nicu, so bor bian...

If manage to tarhan till 34 weeks, will just see dr ann tan.

hi lynne, yeah, so far i also didnt come across many K T Tan patients. my edd is Feb 20. so when is urs? the girl at the private suit told me to reserve the bed asap. so yesterday we went to kk just to book the room even though it s not my appointment date. because hubby may not be able to come for my next appoıntment and yesterday was his off day.. then the girl at the admissions desk asked me whether it is not early to book or not? she said i can wait until january 20. lol. anyway, as we already went all the way, we settled the room and the package issue. we choose A1, i hope it worths the money we paid and we can be provided a good service on that day..

lynne
my cousin sis recommended me to get e Ameda Lactaline Dual Breast Pump. she has been using it daily (as her daughter refused to latch on) since day 1 for e past 16mths. Retail @ $388nett @ Robinson Raffles City, $350 w/ freebies for Robinson members 24-25th dec. $368 @ MIM http://www.momsinmind.com.sg/lactalinepump.html.

PeachMoMo
haha... lucky our hubby r not mama boys :p..
its always gd to hv at least 2 kids, not so lonely & they can learn to share, care & love each other
happy.gif
. so lets sacrify & hv a happy family yah! cheers!

princessdella
hv to do comparison cos money hard to earn now, even thou its on my hubby's tab
happy.gif

my cousin didnt give me e full details of e freebies. she roughly told me it include nipple cream, breast pads etc.

Joannelim
take care & drink plenty of fluid
happy.gif

kkf
WOW!! tat's a gd weight!! KUDOS to u & junior! mine was 1.8kg @ 32.5th wks.. mayb bcos its a bb girl
happy.gif
. GOD has been very gracious to u & hope HE will watch over all of us yah... cheers
happy.gif

jas
where did u do ur BW? i wld like to do it too. my edd 020209
happy.gif

btw, everywhere is selling Pigeon breast pads 36+6 @ $8.90. last mth, i saw 2boxes of 36+6 for 17.60 @ NTUC. not sure abt now. i m using Tollyjoy 40+8 @ $6.90. (u'll be wondering y i m using BP now cos i aldy hv milk leak :p)

LemonT
i did mine at Strip.
wow! so early you have leak milk already?
i have tried tollyjoy and pigeon.
both are good, but pigeon is thicker and of cos more absorbent, that's why more ex.
if it's just leak milk, then i supposed tollyjoy is sufficient for now.

jas
wheres Strip? do u hv e contact or addy? thkq..

yes, milk leak... initially i thot it was perspiration but my cousin says nipple dun perspire.. hahaha :p.. anyway, thks for e info, i'll prep myself w e Pigeon as well
happy.gif

LemonT
you look under "locations" in this link.
They have several locations.
http://www.strip.com.sg/

err... how come you're still awake at 3am?
such a nice weather to sleep, raining all nite.
how i wish i'm on leave today.....

iceblue
for my #1, i really avoided cold drinks, but not this time round. hee!
i heard too much cold drinks and oranges, baby will have phlegm.

jas, just realised i made a mistake, next appt with dr ann tan is 2nd jan.

i also drink a lot of icy water...cannot resist.

is it really worth investing on good pump??

Just reached home after being in office since early hours of morning. Ate half boiled eggs from Toastbox. Had my coffee too! Yummy! Going to sleep soon.

Cold drinks: Better not take too much as it slows down digestion. Moderation is the word.

Merry early Christmas to all!

whitegalz:
Thanks! Will keep a lookout for it. Juz realised today you are a friend of a friend's husband :p

joannelim:
Woah, hope that you recover soon! Drink more water and have more rest! Virginal infection quite easy to cure. Just slip a medication there and next day or so will be ok.

kkf:
Your gal's got a very good weight! Relax! She is going to be fine. She's a strong and brave bb! She is not going to make mummy worried anymore rite, bb kkf?
happy.gif

pump wise, I feel good to invest in good one if wan to breastfeed for long. Otherwise any other pumps will do?

webtobe06:
Regarding grip water, if I din remember incorrectly, the instructor for the parentcraft program actually advises against applying that becos it is medically proven to cause harm. Understand that NUH used to give that out, but has since stopped becos of this. You might want to seek your gynae's clearance before purchasing it.

LeMonT:
wah! you're leaking milk now! I'm abit worried abt not having breast milk but then again, worry now also waste of time. I'll just let bb latch on after delivery!

my hairstylist shared with me she faithfully avoided cold drinks during pregnancy. her 5yr old child's immunity is stronger than her nephew's whose mom drank cold drinks throughout her pregnancy. her child tends to fall sick easier, in particularly to coughs.

despite hearing all tat, i still can't resist my coke / bubble tea on hot days! i'm a greedy mommy :p

lonerunner:
thanks for e clarification!

nursing bras
erm, are these a must? i oso very lazy to wear bras at home... then a lot of my tops need strapless bras, but dun think nursing bras come in strapless form rite? cannot juz wear normal bras and pull down when needed mah?

pineapples & papayas
been eating pineapples non-stop since e 1st trimester... but of cos i dun eat e whole pineapple at 1 go lah! dun really like papayas, so can't say anything abt tat...

cold drinks
i oso drank lots of cold drinks during pregnancy... dun think there's any scientific evidence to e harmful effects lah... i luv bubble tea like imushroom23! honey green tea wif pearl, yum yum! cold drinks, check... tea, check... ice-cream, check... everything supposed cannot take, check! dun care lah...

Dear Mommies

Merry Xmas to all lovely mommies here ! Take nice lovely pics with our big bumps and in about 4-6 weeks , we will be starting to pop !! Jia You !!

Cheerios

Merry Xmas eve to EVERYONE!

LemonT: Wa.. you already leaking milk ah? So lucky. I'm quite worried what if i dont have sufficient milk supply. Furthermore I went to invest in the expensive breast pump.

I too take cold drinks and cold stuff occasionally. I love coke but due to sugar, i take diet coke. And I will make cold cold ribena to drink. Die la.. now I'm getting worried. Dont want the baby to be sick often and have phelgm leh. I didnt really eat too much ice cream mainly due to sugar too. I like bubble tea too! All sorts la! Must cut down now, icy and sugar. Still not too late I hope.

I bot almost everything already. Then recently some friends and colleagues ask me what i want for my bb.. I was like.. erm.. can give me vouchers anot? Cos i have almost everything what! What will you mummies ask for huh?

Peachmomo
i'm like you.
for my #1, my colleagues asked me what i want.
I seem to have everything already, so they said will give me vouchers, which is good lor.
they even ask me which dept store/supermarket vouchers i want.
so i think vouchers are the most practical one, else they buy things that you already have or dun need, it's really wasteful lor.

Hi athlete,
The charges i will be writing down is an estimated bill size, which they will need to recalculate for u after delivery.

Normal Delivery for 2 days
Package fee: 1659
Professional fee: 1045
Others: 1477
Total: 4180
Estimated medisave claimable: 1800
Initial payment: 2380 (which i already made)

Ceasarean delivery for 3 days
Package fee: 2461
Professional fee: 1739
Others: 2357
Total: 6557
Estimated medisave claimable: 3200
Initial payment: 3357

They also put a note that the bill which 90% of patients get amounts to $5017 for normal delivery, and $7868 for caeseran delivery (10% of patients may pay more than this).

Epidural, instrument deivery, induction of labor, anaesthetist fee and a few more services are subject to additional charge based on usage.

U will be asked to make an initial payment based on the estimated bill size upon booking of bed.

Maximum medisave withdrawal limit for an inpatient stay is $450 per day.

U can also visit www.moh.gov.sg to check the average bill size for single bedded rooms in different hospitals.

btw, when is ur EDD? and which doctor do u see?

I think most prob I will ask for vouchers or ang baos lor. More practial. Becos I also duno wat I would need. hehehehe .... :p But if friends want to give gifts, I'll be more than happy to receive too.

most of my friends from Turkey already gave their gifts before i came here, so i could do my shopping accordingly. regarding the gifts from singapore side, i dont think i can name it, asking like "i want this, i want that". i am ready to take no matter wat they give :)
3 months after delivery, i will be receiving a second batch of gifts from relatives and friends when i go there in summer. i guess they would be more than enuf to meet the bb's needs for one year, haha
happy.gif

Merry Xmas to all Mummies!!

PeachMomo,
i love Bubble tea too.. It seems that everytime i got pregnant i will always drink bubble tea.. Las week also keep on drinking cold ribena.. haha.. HB is nagging already.. saying that i m selfish.. nv think for bb..

I think vouchers or ang baos is the best.. bb will receive plenty of clothes and toys during full month..

mummyo:
hey do u have any recommanded links on Hypno birthing? Cant find it from the archived threads. Partly cos this website kept going down, esp at nite. Thanks!!

Gamze:
ah ... no wonder! the way your sentences are phased are quite different :p I was wondering abt that too :p Are you at stay at home mum, or working mum?

MERRY X'MAS in advance to all the mummies here!

I just drank glass of iced fruit juice after lunch... notti mom, hee...

Prefer vouchers / ang pows too. My closer friends will ask me what I want. Hopefully, don't receive duplicates of items I've already bought. *cross fingers*

Anyone decided yr bb names? Care to share?

imushroom23:
I'd shorted listed some chinese names like "EnCi", "EnXuan", "HuiEn". But will calculate name based on 8 characters first before deciding. hee .. wont be giving bb english names. Let her decide for herself next time lah.

happy.gif
my sentences are phased differently? really? ahahaha. i guess the same does not apply for my accent, though. since i came here, the way i speak has changed drastically. one day I and one of my turkish friends who came to visit me went to sim lim. when my friend asked for the price of the camera, he quoted us a huge price and they treated us like we r foreigners until i opened my mouth just to ask him whether that is the best price he can offer. then he asked me if i live in singapore. i asked him how he knows and he said he can easily read the words "I LIVE IN SINGAPORE!"(pointing out my forehead) LOL, anyway, i managed to get a good discount for my friend. Almost half price ;)
I am a sahm. i do work as a translator, but kinda home office.

imushroom, i will name my bb ERNA.

gamze:
haha ... try adding words like "lor", "lah", "ah" in your sentences and you'll be mistaken for local!! Think maybe you do translation work, so there is a certain style in the sentences constructed.
Think becos foreigners usually dun ask for discounts. Local tends to bargain over everything :p But is good tat you get a good price for the item eventually!

wow giving birth in kkh not cheap hor? think i go c class haha. anyway two days only mah...

somehow after staying in c class, feel that not that bad leh, anyway, those who give birth naturally go home very fast, just need a night stay, and it is rather fun to see other people's babies cause at certain timings the nurses will push out the babies for mummies to feed, so you see my baby, i see your baby, very interesting! haha. if single bed, will not be able to see other babies...haha.(trying to convince myself?)

I can't imagine how much it costs to give birth at mount E!!! Jas, can share with me?

I have actually name my girl violet. My 2nd son is dash, eldest is jared (sounds like jack) i gotten the names all from incredible cartoon movie...hopefully all my children will grow up to be incredible!

hi joannelim... Hope u r feelg better!! Mus take care!

Robinsons sale... Going to buy ameda pump tmr! Thanks LemonT for the info!
happy.gif

Gifts... Ya, close frens also askg wat I need cos they wan buy smth for baby.. Actually I also hv bought most of the stuff aldy, so maybe ask them get educational toys?...gettg voucher is most practical n versatile but I tink they wld like to actually get smth for baby...
Cold drinks..... I thought I m the only mummy drinkg cold ribena n coke!!! Haha... Most of the time, I take my obimin, calcium n DHA pills wif ribena cos it will cover up the terrible taste n numb my tongue so tat can swallow the pills. Now drinkg cranberry juice instead. Bubble tea ah... I like the sour plum ones, but seldom take cos I find them too sweet. I wasnt tat worried abt takg cold drinks cos durg antenatal class, i learnt tat cold drinks ok as it will get warmed up by e time it reaches baby...
oh ya, a fren told me not to take those "sugarfree" products cos they contain artificial sweetener tat is not good. So I stopped drinkg coke zero aldy.

Have been havg frequent stomach upsets recently, so cuttg down cold drinks aldy...

Hey, any catholic mums here?

Wishing all mummies a Merry Christmas n may all have a smooth delivery in feb!
happy.gif

hey mummies,

blessed Christmas! may Jesus cause e new yr to be e best ever, giving u gd success in all tat u do! may His peace fill ur homes and guard ur hearts and minds! shalom!

peachmomo:
i oso will ask for vouchers! cash is gd too, haha... surely we would have prepared most of e things ourselves liao rite? anything else they give us, they either can't be sure we need them or they can't be sure we wan them... so best is let us decide for ourselves... but then, there'll be ppl who think tat giving cash or vouchers like a bit bo sim... so they'll insist on choosing something, which i think may not be practical... like when i buy pressies for my hubby, i will buy wat he needs or wans... even though e surprise element may not be there, but at least i dun give him a white elephant...

lonerunner:
why e names u choose all got "en"?

cold drinks
i luv to drink ice cold ribena too! haha... plain water, very difficult to swallow leh... but e fish oil smell cannot be masked by ribena for me, so i gotta take it wif meals...

Merry Christmas Mummies.

I just visited my fren's who gave birth yesterday. Her gal is 4kg! She didnt expect to be so big also. Haha.. but she did it with natural birth but forcep out. Her gal so chubby and cute, lotsa hair too.
Hee...
Also see how reality sets in when the baby is out. She cry and cry and we don't know what to do. And she does admit that BF is really quite tiring. The baby suck, sleep, sleep, suck. Duno when she's full. But when she take out her, she starts to cry. But when let her latch, she seem to be juz sleeping... poor mummy.
Hhaha..

Yeah! Robinson sale tmw again! Going to get most stuff tmw!

gamze:
hahahaha .. u are so cute!

kkf:
Violet's a nice name. very suitable for this bb too! She's such a strong fighter! Definately an incredible bb!

sheepish:
Orrr ... my hubby and I both like the character "En". And becos our niece's name starts with "En" too, we tot we may like to 'continue' in the same sequence, if not any sequence is also ok :p
Now is to think of the 2nd character :p

blueb:
yeah I think obimin tablets got a certain taste these days. Duno is it my taste buds got more sensative or wat, but it used to be ok for me. Now after eating I feel like throwing up.

catmomo:
Ur friend really poor thing. bb's so naughty! Just wan to latch on only. Hope tat this is only temporary and bb will outgrow this habit!

oh!so its bcos of phelgm ah.. me also lik bubble tea etc... i dun tak carbonated water, end up stil kena scolding/say by many ppl!

merry christmas 2 all!
robinson sale start today or tmr? tmr must wk so siah..
oh do u guys started to hv t urge to pack t hse? me hands iching n mil tell me dont do it n leave 2 maid. dont no is this wat nesting instinct?
yes i always tell hubby bb cry n cry n hope our bb will be guai n listen to us mummies

Back