(2009/02) February 2009 MTBs

Anyone signed up Cordlife/ Stemcord?
U all think it's necessary? Seem to cost quite alot. Read from Babycenter that, the cordblood may not necessary save the baby himself too.

congrats mummyo
u really got your wish granted. *xian mu*
wow both your boys 4kg aa.. cant imagine. Tat day i saw baby quite big size.. frankly i dont fancy it, cos i cant imagine carrying a baby of that weight. *my poor arms*
i remember that time i carried my son when he was 2yrs old or so from Jurong point all the way home cos he complaint sleepy and he slept on my shoulder. I end up having muscle ache for 1 week.

mummyo:
u really very cute leh! got 2 boys liao still wan another! ppl would have tot u were trying for a gal, but u still wan another boy! haha... then why u wan 3 kids huh?

Hi Mummies

I have 4 bottles of AVENT milk bottles for storing breastmilk. The box is open but bottles are unused. Any mummies interested to buy over from me at $22, cost price $24.50.

Pls email me at [email protected] if u are keen

Thanks

kkf:
do be positive and optimistic, everything will work out well! try not to think so much, do wat u enjoy... noe it may be quite difficult since u gotta take care of e toddlers at home, but i'm sure they are oso a source of joy for u!

put some music u like in e background when u do ur stuff, if it works for u... jia you!

kkf,
I think the both of us got to work really hard to slim down after delivery..
yesterday i went for my first pre-natal yoga class.. hopefully i won't gain too much weight since now gt work out a bit..

joanne,
Lucky i did not have any complications for my 1st pregnancy although i gain so much weight.. also, some of the weight goes to the placenta and amniotic fluid.. the recommended weight gain for normal pregnancy is between 12 to 16 kg..

mummyo,
Congrats.. you are lucky to have 3 boys..
my fren is the opposite of you.. he had 3 gals and was trying for boy..
for me one boy and one gal is just nice..

hi kkf, how to see if bb good weight?

as for the horoscope sign, think no need to bother too much la. cos me dragon n hubby is dog. but if calculate by the birth hrs, we are of diff sign. we went to the shifu to choose wedding date.. he dint say we not compatible. and HB went to see a thai monk and say i am the one dragon that is suitable for him.. haha

hi catmomo, i signed up with stemcord 2wks back at their seminar. not sure wats the diff btw stemcord n cordlife. just know stemcord has faster svc and my sisinlaw also sign with them.

yah lor mummyo you so cute, want 3 boys. I have one boy already very headache liao, cause he is rather active...haha.

For me, I really want one boy one girl, so when gynae first told me its a gal, was sooo happy. I asked her yesterday, confirmed girl hor? but sad, baby too curled up to see again, but gynae said "everyone being asking me about whether the gender is confirm till they give birth, boy is a boy, girl is a girl will change meh?" she is a bit sacarstic, but i think wat she said is true. haha, think i will her everytime i visit her till she sianz...haha.

catmomo, my boy's cord blood is stored with cord life, so will be storing my little one's cord blood with cord life too, cheaper for 2nd one. Now can use CDA to pay. You put in 1000, govt gives 1000, so they are helping u pay half, why not?

joanne, i also dunno, i just see that you baby weighs quite a lot. my gynae didn't even say anything about my weight. guess she just wants me to put on more weight, esp baby, so that even if premature will be of good weight. She told me once baby crosses 1kg, will be rather safe liao.

catmomo
yes. that's me. now I can really be the only Queen of the house and have all my boys around me!

Joannelim
Also don't know why all my babies so bloody big!!! Maybe cos I'm fat to start with. LOL. I always envy those people who have small babies cos really, the carrying is no joke! And all these cute newborn clothes, my babies never fit into them! They start wearing 3-6 months size once they come out!

sheepish
3 is good cos I've always felt 2 is too few and 4 is a little too much to handle so I guess my magic number is 3. Plus 3 is just nice to fill up the back seat of the car. If my husband do decide to buy a 7-seater MPV in future then I might just have more kids
happy.gif

princessdella
I guess most pple like to have one boy and one girl but I just hate girls (sorry if I offend anyone, it's just personal). If I had a daughter for my #1, I would have stopped at 1. I've this neighbour who has 4 girls. My husband say next time got PMS that time the Daddy will die. Cos my husband said dealing with me (the Queen) is already killing him sometimes. HAHHAHHAHAHAH.

kkf
I love boys cos I guess I like doing the boy stuff more than the girly things. And I also can't sit still one so it suits me just fine. If I have to sit down and play with a doll house, I'd probably pull my hair out. Hehe.

kkf, ur 2 preterm labour was at which week? ur babies need to stay in NICU?

I am so worried that I might have preterm labour too cos my gynae said I am prone to preterm labour.. Above 1kg for baby's weight is around how many weeks? Now i am 25th week, last week my baby weighed 680g only..

mummyo, lucky u have a boy.. if ur 3rd baby is a gal, i think u will have a tough time coping with another queen in ur house... there is a chinese saying: one hill cannot hide 2 tigers.. hee... think ur pelvis quite big, 4kg can deliver natural and easily... though I am tall but my gynae said my pelvis is rather small, ask me keep baby between 2.8kg to 3.2kg.. with this size, dont need cut vagina too.. did u use epidural?

Hi ashleigh and roxanne, dun worry so much. Mine is special case. My gynae has no explaination for my premature labor, it is not due to incompetent cervix, and not due to other medical factors. For my 1st pregnancy, i walked quite a lot plus i am a teacher, so could be due to the walking. 2nd pregnancy, I rested just 3 months and conceived again, maybe not enough rest, so ended up premature labor again. But highly possible due to genetic factor. My mum gave birth to my sis at 32 weeks plus and me at 27 weeks plus, so it could be genetic? Anyway, I was a premature baby borned at 27 weeks plus.

My 1st boy was borned 23 weeks plus. Stayed two days in nicu and passed away due to bleeding in brain. My 2nd boy was borned 27 weeks plus, and he stayed ard 2 months plus in hospital before he could be discharge.

Roxanne, around 27-28 weeks, your baby shd be ard 1kg. My 2nd boy was borned 1.14kg at 27weeks plus.

Hope histories dun repeat. Hope I can proudly announce that my gal this time will be born full term.

Honestly, I find my body weird, maybe my body is just different so I really envy those who have smooth pregnancies and deliveries.

roxanne
Yah. I also say. I'm too bitchy to tolerate another woman in the house! And yes, I have big hips so easy to birth I guess. First one was induced and got epidural. Second one was completely natural. I suggest not inducing cos it often end in forceps or emergency c-section. Best to wait for baby to come out naturally. Estimation of baby's weight are often wrong so don't get ideas in your head that baby might get too big or he/she will! I did Hypnobirthing for the second one and it worked out really well for me. I was self-taught. Get this book called "Hypnobirthing: The Mongan Method". Read it and listen to the CD. The point is to clear your mind of negative thoughts and ideas and trust your body to be able to birth your baby naturally and drug-free. Took me a while to clear my mind and phobia of childbirth after the first one.

kkf

I also suggest you try Hypnobirthing. You can self-read like what I did or go for classes. I think you need to eliminate all negative thoughts on childbirth due to your past painful experieinces. It really helped me with my second one and if the second delivery didn't go so smoothly, I don't think I'll have the courage to get pregnant with this third one. Do let me know if you need any help. Think you can start now with the HYpnobirthing programme. Just listen to the CD and try to relax and put positive thoughts in your head! Subconsciously, your body will do what the mind tells it to do
happy.gif

mummyo
actually my first one i think also induced. I was told i was 6cm dilated then asked to head to hospital and water bag being broken by gynae. To me, it seems baby not ready to come out, but cos of the water bag broke must come out. My hubby n i were wondering is it cos the gynae going for holiday soon, so wanted me to deliver asap. Baby ended up forcep also.

this pregnancy i quite concern over who is going to look after my first son if i happen to deliver. Let my hubby n son stay outside the delivery ward and i alone ? my inlaws too old to look after, my parents too far and both working. Dont know how.. must pray hard i deliver while son in childcare and deliver fast so can pick him up on time.

hi kkf, just be more careful and i wish for you that this time round will be a full term pregnancy yah
happy.gif

It must've been really exp for the infant to stay in NICU rite?! Did it cost you a bomb when ur boy stayed in for 2 mths??

Joannelim
I think you can request for your Hubby and Son to be in the delivery suite with you or ask a friend or sibling to help out?

During my #2, my #1 was in the car when we were going to the hospital when the baby popped out. If you remember, I was the one who didn't make it to the hospital to deliver!

Or you can plan to do what I'm doing for this one. I plan to give birth at home so no added hassle of having to cart my 2 older boys anywhere. But the whole family must be in on it and have the stomach for it cos it will be quite bloody. This is only possible if your gynae is confident enough to do home birth and also if your pregnancy is normal with no expected emergency intervention needed. I'm hoping to do this as I also delivered my #2 by myself in the car the last time and between the car and my own home. Own home is more hygienic I guess and get to immediately wash up in the bathroom after!

kkf:
i wish for u a full term pregnancy tis time round too!
happy.gif

mummyo:
wow, tat's cool man... no wonder no need for epidural! so when ur water bag burst for #2, u rushed to e hospital straight? doesn't tat mean u dilated to e rite size and gave birth within an hr?!

sheepish
YES I DID. Contractions lasted only an hour for my #2! Tho I think 2 weeks before I was already 3cm dilated. Baby came out as we were pulling up to the hospital entrance. I think it didn't help that it was morning peak hour. If there was zero traffic like in the middle of the night then I probably would have made it!

kkf,
really hope that ur baby will stay inside ur womb longer..
did your gynae ask u to go for bed rest? i watch discovery and some of the mummies did that to drag the delivery date, especially for twins and high-risk pregnancy..

mummyo,
u deliver urself for ur #2?
i can nv imagine myself doing that..
Salute you..

Hello all mummies,

I experience some bleeding on Monday and was given 1 wk MC but Haiz, My PC was attacked by virus and down till today I've fixed it... Sorry for being MIA these few days.... Really missed 'chatting with all of u...

Hope everything is alright??
happy.gif

mummyo
if my son in delivery ward, i afraid he sees blood, he gets scare. Home delivery is quite out of the question. I paid the package for the gynae including delivery already. Siblings all busy working too. Dont know how. If deliver morning- afternoon then okay. at night, how to find pple to keep watch of my son. *headache*

u confirm going to have home birth this round?

emilyxiu
hope everything is okay for u now. I dreamt i see blood in my panty two days back... scary. these two days kept having weird dreams like : hubby commit adultery lah etc. I guess i read up too much of this forum's topics.

kkf
remember always stay positive loh... hope for the good, not the bad. Always talk to your baby and tell him to come out when full term, dont come out so early. It works for my friend. Her baby is borned exactly the day she wanted, naturally.
i wonder should i ask my son to be borned on valentine day hahaha.

hi kkf.. i hope u will have a smooth pregnancy too! Stay positive and take great care.. i think u shld rest well and don think abt your students too much.. What a good thing that school holidays are coming!
happy.gif

MummyO... wah.. i am realli impress by your experiences. U are realli HAPPENING! hehe..

To all, i heard from my colleage that she purchased her breast pump online from US website. Its cheaper by half.. But she is lucky as she had a fren to help her bring the pump back to sin.. Anyone tried that? I am looking at some websites and found that they are realli cheaper in US.

hey fatjo,

help to update my status.. eh edd now is 19th feb,this is my first baby and it is a boy..my hubby is very happy lo... before we know the baby's sex he kept on dreaming that it is a boy lo...haha well now i am at 23 wks and baby is active hehe can feel him moving which i simply love it haha feel happy when i can feel him moving... :p

Hi mummies,

Tangs and Robinson bb sale this weekend. Robinson only until tmw.

Duno why got difficulty accessing the forum for past few nites so been MIA for few days.

Went for my DS today. Bb now weighing 500g at 23rd week. gynae said bb is abit small for her week group, and her heart isnt developing too well but should be ok for now. Gotta go back at 28th week for scan and follow up.

thanks for all your wishes, really hope my little gal will be good and come out only year of ox.
happy.gif

babywiz, not really costed a bomb leh. My medisave enough to cover.

princessdella, i am no longer working, took no pay once i am pregnant.

mummyo, whats hypnobirth? chim leh...

emilyxiu, so you went to ann tan? wat did ann tan said about the bleeding? must be very worrying.

lonerunner, why is the baby heart not developing too well? is it a cause of concern?

HypnoBirthing® - The Mongan Method - is a unique method of relaxed, natural childbirth education, enhanced by self-hypnosis techniques.

abit like "zi wo(self) chui mian"

In HypnoBirthing classes, you will learn proven techniques in a well-thought-out program of deep relaxation, visualization, and self-hypnosis.HypnoBirthing does not promise painless birthing, though many HypnoBirthing mothers do report having a relatively pain-free birth or one that they were able to manage easily. When the cause of pain--fear that constricts the birthing muscles—is eliminated, birthing can be accomplished in a shorter period and much more comfortably. A relaxed mother’s body will produce more endorphins, nature’s own relaxants. HypnoBirthing mothers may still experience sensations of tightening or pressure; but most describe their birth experience as working with their body through the sensations, and thus avoiding the excruciating pain that is frequently spoken of by women who choose other methods of preparation for birthing.

hope this explains heheh. I google it. Sounds abit spooky though. haha. Cos recently a friend of mine told me her story of being hypothise by others.. quite scary.

lonerunner
the robinson bb sale until 27 october i think.
http://www.robinsons.com.sg/WhatsOn/NurseryFair_24Oct08.htm

Emilyxiu
Hope you are ok now. I also have some spotting last month but all is fine now. Just don't over exert yourself and lie down more.

Lonerunner
Try to eat more to pump baby up? Talking about that I feel like durian now. Hehe.

Joannelim

Thanks for explaining to kkf.

Yah. Before I tried it I was also skeptical. I'm like I don't want to be hypnotised!Hahahaha. But it's nothing like that. It's more like a relaxation technique. It wasn't painless but made it a LOT more bearable especially for the contraction part but I think for first time mummies the pain will still be shocking. It was easier for me to manage cos that was my #2 and i KNEW what kind of pain to expect already.

As to whether your son watches the delivery or not, I guess is his perception of blood. I've always stressed to my boys that there's nothing to be afraid of and blood is part of our anatomy. Even like when they fall down and start bleeding, I tell them it's no big deal. I try to make sure they do not freak out at the sight of blood or be afraid of it so I guess it was ok for my boy to see his brother being birth in the car.

This time I do hope to be able to have a home birth. It'll be such an experience for all involved and possibly this will be the last baby so I really hope my boys can take part in the whole birthing process as well.

This will have to depend on how the pregnancy progresses. Hopefully this will be low-risk and easy like my last one.

Princessdella & Ashleigh
No need to salute. You will all have done the same if in the same situation.

hi ladies.
robinsons and cktangs have nursery fair on now.

me aiming at the soffia bb cot from tangs..

anyone bot the breastpump/ bb bottle starter kit yet? any brand to recommend ?

HypnoBirthing seemed a good idea. I think I will give this method a try. No harm trying!

Accordingly to what we'd overheard between gyane and sonographer, some chambers' positioning not in correct place or hasnt grow yet. I din catch the technical jargons but gynae assured us shld be alrite. But to play safe, he wants me to go back and followup in a mth's time. Think as what mummyo said, I better eat more to pump bb up. I'll do what I can in these 4 weeks and see at next scan if there is any improvements. Hope there is no more obsticles ahead. I'd got enough 'excitements' for one pregnacy already.

Oh anyway for mummies who are experiencing frequent/ tight contractions, just drop everything and rest. That's wat my gyane told me. Luckily I did that a few weeks ago, so bb is ok. However if the contractions come with pain, is at consistant intervals or with spottings, go to gynae immediately.

joannelim:
oh ya, correct. I mistook the sale dates! Thx!

hi joanne.. u referring to the baby cot @ $197? i'm also aiming that! is it a good deal? I hardly see any baby cots seling less than $200 bucks.. I saw at BHG they are having 20% off as well.. good to get a breast pump now..

there is an article in today's Straits Times regarding private Vs public cordblood bank. Very interesting. I am considering public cordblood bank instead now.

kkf: Nope, i did not opt for the express result.
already costs me a bomb. am thinking whatever it is, the result will come. :p

hope you will have full term.
i also a bit scared and have been trying to talk to baby to be good and come out only after cny. :p

my friend also gave birth to her twins girls around week 27.
everything turns out fine though the hospitalisation bill is quite ex.

catmomo / ashleigh: have read today's acticle in straits time on the cord blood.
the writer was pro donating to public bank.
can look out for it for more info.
was thinking about this too...

mummyo: congrats to having a boy. as you've wished. :D
and you are so brave, to have considered homebirth.

on weight, gynae monitor, but never say anything, so i continue to eat lor

anyone signed up the pre-natal course already?

i will be donating my baby's cord blood to the public cord bank.. already contact the person and they will look for me in mid december...

i think i will only store my 2nd baby's or either 3rd's or 4th's cord blood bah.. wanted to save more money at the moment.. heard they say just store one baby's cord blood will do.. it is just like buying insurance..

my colleague has a friend who is 30over now, recently he kena a genetic blood disorder.. if he did store his baby's cord blood, perhaps the baby will be able to save his life.. now quite sad, the disease is affecting his immune system, like waiting for death like that..

hi Ashleigh and joanne, hmmm, i went tangs. didnt realli like the baby cot cos one side cant be remove to be converted to bed when bb grows up. Any comments on ikea baby cot?

I went robinson bb sales and bought the avent nipple cream. Dunno i too KS anot. Buy so early. haha. Anyways b4 price $20.40 and got 20% discount so buy lor.

Nuk bottles promo at Robinson is pretty decent.

Dear all,

I am fairly new to this forum, and will also be a Feb09 MTB
happy.gif

Quick question - have all of you found a CL yet? Starting to panic cos suddenly realised that i've not done much prep yet for bb arrival. Any tips to share? ;p

Roxanne: your colleague cant find suitable blood in the public bank?
If so, have to reconsider about public blood if finding a match is so difficult.

i wonder if i stored in public bank, then one day i need it, can i still see if my own is still available and request specifically for my own blood?

kkf, tell bb be gd n inside till full term n u will kiss kiss his arrival then

btw to share t claramine lotion really wks for my bad rashes n i think by switching to organic body wash also help now.

now shop a while n my legs n body like cant carry its weight n so super tired when reach hm.

ashleigh
from what i know, when u need your cord blood, if it still unused in the public bank then they will of course give it back to you.

grace
even if you saved with private bank, if the blood is not harvested to stored properly or not enough blood was harvested then you can't use it also.

Cord blood banking...
this is still a controversial issue as our technology is not advanced enough for cord blood to be used in the treatment of many disorders. the public bank is more strict as in your cord blood needs to be of a certain amount and quality before they will consider storing it. if there is not enough or not properly harvested (like the last time cos I gave birth in the car the blood was not 'clean' enough and there was not much quantity left when I got to the hospital they couldn't accept it).

On the other hand, the private banks might just store regardless of quantity or quality but my question is, how useful is it if there was not enough cord blood stored in the first place?

i suggest talking to the public cord blood bank first cos they will tell you a lot of information. Not everyone has enough cord blood to be stored and not all cord blood are worth storing.

I spoke to them during my 2nd pregnancy and learnt a lot. This time, since I'm planning a home birth, i guess they won't wanna come to my house to collect anyway. LOL

hi ashleigh,

went to tangs to look at the soffia bb cot (the one that advertised as $197). dint like the quality, feels flimsy and only can adjust to 2 heights. for installtn n delivery u pay another $30.

end up i bot the other cot there. wooden craft from denmark.
with foc 9pcs bedding set + free delivery.
can adjust to 4 diff heights and convert to toddler bed.
usual price at S$369. now have 10% discount. and with citibk card, u get 10% rebates.

n also yesterd went metero in causeway point. S$200 in same receipt , i got the metro card. instant 10% off the purchase with blue tag.. theres quite a range of bb products in metro. may be good to buy the diapers + bottles during their sales period.

managed to get 2 pairs of shoes size 9 at $50. u know..its hard to get shoes at size 9..

Hi Mommies,

Sorry to intrude into ur thread. I'm from Sep'08 thread. I've 118 packs (each pack hv 2 pcs of diapers) of Drypers NB diapers to let go. Letting go part or all of it at $0.50 per pack. Pls email me at [email protected] if u r interested, thks
happy.gif

Hi joanne.. i just went to buy the $197 one.. cos we like the white colour.. my home theme is white and black.. and we are going to get a white chest of drawers to match..
happy.gif

my hubby was wondering how come there is a private cord bank.. how come we don have a private blood bank as well.. store our own blood.. hehe..

One good deal for all.. for those who do not have a maybank credit card, u may wannt apply now cos they are giving $100 cash credit when u use it within 1 mth. If husband and wife apply, thats a total of $200! Can buy a lot of bb stuff!

P.S. i am not a maybank staff.. :D

Went to Robinson's sale today with hubby at Raffles city. Came back with a stomach full of anger.

Originally wanted to get the Avent starter kit that is on promo, some baby wips and pigeon powder case. But when we are at the counter making our payments, the counter lady who attended to us is more interested in getting us to use duno wat OCBC voucher to pay (which we dun have), then later, she decided that we are to walk over to Customer Service to call "105" to verify the Robinson OCBC Credit Card that we gave her. Apparently the card is not accepted by that particular service counter manned by her, and we last used that card abt a fortnight or so ago. Then she mummered something abt the expiry date, which is still valid.

When asked repeatedly why she cannot accept the card, she continued to smile and ask us to pls walk over to customer service to call. We gave up talking to her and told her we dun wan to purchase anymore. She still replied with a smile and said, "pls call 105".

*bang head on table*

Really fed up by now, we left our purchases there. Think she cannot understand english, beside those few phrases. The previous customers infront of us also encountered some problem. 1st time I encountered such a bad service staff at Robinson, and they are well known to have good customer service. Really spoilt our shopping mood.

Hi mummies, I am new to this forum. Looking for support. Getting a little paranoid about giving bith in Feb. Exploring confinement lady and nanny. Any lobang?

DK, isabelandrew:
Welcome aboard!

There are some confinement agencies around in singapore. There are threads on this topic, or just search by a search engine like www.google.com. No harm calling them up to check the rates and etc.

Back