(2009/02) February 2009 MTBs

sandy:i find so hard haha lousy me.

yaer:i dint manage to wash her neck..haha end up i jus dun bother tt area, since b4 bath i got wipe for her, she lik to keep her head dwn. also kp kick

olively:thks

iceblue,
my gal oso keep her head down leh... so i will use the arm tat she is lying to push her head up abit so tat her head will tilt back abit showing her neck...

Hello mummies,

Question: where do i buy cube container to contain puree?

Also when must we finish using the leftover ML?

Re: Cereal
Started baby on organic cereal today. he is 4.5 month old.
hmm...he is not very thrill neither did he reject. ok start i guess.

iceblue,

Hmm, i cannot rem the brand and i bring to MIL's place liao.
I bought it at habourfront opposite Huaxia (Level 3)
It is a green box.
If u ask the sales assistant, they will tell u one...cos i ask also...haha...pretty clueless about all these.

hi olively,

spree smetime have sell..i also intending to buy soon le...anyway i bought the frisocream cereal (rice based suitable for 4mth onwards bb) so gonna try one of these day..hehe..but still he is gg to continue on his fav food la haha bm :p

Maternity leave hor if i am not wrong is within 1yr for the last 4wks of ML.

Sandy ya i think olively was looking for these on the link but smetime i think bp have so shld be cheaper....wa the munchkin grinder look shiok arh hehe.....but nt all food need grind like veggies cook le mash can le hor....

iceblue,
her neck is on ur arm rite... so push up ur arm abit so that her head will tilt back... actually abit of neck shown onli... so i will just push my finger into the fatty flesh of the neck and wash loh... haha...

iceblue...
me asking about ML.

Lili...
Yar man...i think it is time to start looking out for all these things for weaning liao.
I dun want to be slow slow like how i handle the stroller and carseat...like turtle.
haha

Nitz...mummies...sleep liao.

mummies,
blender and food processor... which is better for preparing baby food? any brand tat is gd?
planning to give some puree or rice cereal for my gal when she is 4 months old...

bb flipping:
My bb also can flip from back to tummy last fri. So happy. But still cannot flip back from tummy. So after flip she'll lift her head up, smile smile, then few mins later will start screaming. Like frustrated cos don't know how to flip back.

iceblue:
I also use arm to support bb when bathing. If she keep moving her head down I'll make her lie lower abit then she'll normally look up to the ceiling so I can access her neck. Sometimes I also feel stressed when she keep moving cos I'm alone mah. No helping hand.
happy.gif

starting on solid:
So some of you start giving cereal to your bb ah? My baby will be 4 months next week. Nowadays when I eat she always look at me with interest leh. Means she wants to start already?? I'm also clueless about this cereal thingy. How to start ah?

SAHM:
I'm also SAHM. I'Ching, I'll pm u
happy.gif

rei:wen i make her lower i so scare she push back n knock head.. haha smre i nw stil using the bath tub mount A giv. n small for baby liao. but use big i also scare haha

iceblue:
Haha actually she also does that sometimes. Then I'll keep moving her forward. Anyway every bathing time is struggling time for me. Hahaha. My bath tub also small. Don't know whether need to buy bigger one or not..

hey SY
in regd to the jumperoo, sorry i didnt call u today cos firstly forgot to bring your number with me, secondly i dont think u want to buy.. cos the price is $229 unless u got robinson card then will be 218.40 with the 5% rebate.

weaning
wow seems alot of mummies getting ready to wean your baby. me also looking into getting a hand blender or a food processor. i got both blender n processor at home but abit too big to use for puree. last time first kid, i never use any.. just chop up everything finely.
robinson one, philip hand blender is 49+, one that comes with a container is 70++. if u go for mini blender, its 59++. going to check out the price in other shop tomorrow.

as for baby cubes i think BP they are selling it quite often, but heard from spicegal that daiso also selling it. only $2.
going to check it out this week.

hi joannelim,
let me noe if u find any cheap cheap one... me oso looking for it...
daiso really have ah... den must go see liao... any places got daiso other then plaza sing?

iceblue,

BP is bulk purchase. i never buy because my hb does not agree in letting me keep puree n cereal overnight for her to eat
sad.gif
so i bought thermos snack jar (suppose to keep cool; $3 plus) to store the puree for 1 day's consumption..if bb cant finish then me n hb will finish n next day make another fruit

the thermos snack jar

2540272.jpg

yaer,

i will be using the tall blender like wat joanne was saying..i find it faster because i also use that to make pesto n tomato puree for pasta..i tried using handheld n its slow n messier..but one thing like wat joanne say, very big for small amount..just my opinion

sandy,
me oso looking at blender... my hb said at least can use for other things oso...
but wat is the difference between blender and food processor?

Wow, weaning already? My girl keeps looking at us eating and smiles whenever we put food in our mouths. I read that is one of the signs.
Saw the Petit Teraillon food processor at Expo Fair for $139... anyone used that for No.1?

DJ, if you girls can't MOQ for Sophie, and can wait til Sept, I can bring back for you from France. I bought one lot for Mar mummies already. Hope I won't get taxed GST at Changi though.

yaer,

this is the blender
2540304.jpg

this is the food processor
2540305.jpg

blender is more for making puree stuff, fruit shakes or milkshakes where u can add fluid into food and blend it into paste like texture. u can make soup (e.g. abc soup) put the soup in, add the residue/ingredients from cooking the soup and blend it into puree and let bb eat. food processor is more for grinding things to make it finer like grind chilli, garlic and all that..keke actually there might be other uses for food processor just that i only use the processor for making chilli and grind garlic :p

yaer,

now they have combined ones...one unit with the food processor on one side, and the blender on another side..dont know if theres promo but if its cheaper to get combined ones, its definitely more value for money since u can use both..one thing is that it takes up alot of space for the combine ones

pumpkin seed
wow great.. i dont mind waiting leh.. if the price is right hahaha. thanks in advance.
actually wat i originally plan to gather the march mummies n my friends to share the remaining 16 slot.. but friends not interested.
how much it costs if u going to get it from france?

erm yaer
processor also use to chop up things like nuts, onion, meat etc.. also its good when u use it to grind those pork, beef when u are preparing a meat meal.

u all miss the philip sales .. they really sell very cheaply for a combined blender with processor.. but big lah...
under 100 u can get it already.

my mum passed me her super old Braun blender but it apprently works well. So will stick to that and not be influenced by you all haha.

I heard it's cheaper at some hypermarts etc but mine is about S$25. Don't have time to shop shop so no choice, just get from this place. Anyway, they pack and send to door step so less trouble for me since I bought so many.
But let me see how it goes this time. If it's ok then I'll bring back more in Sept for you

sandy, thks! ur jar looks great, u buy frm where?
my hubby also says tt, ask me y let baby eat overnight thgs, while we nt doing tt?

Yaer,
U mentioned earlier that your bb is 90 percentile which means overweight? My boy is 95 percentile. Does it mean also overweight? But PD never mention anything leh. Actually I still not quite sure how this percentile thingy works ;p

Re: Bathing
I use baby net which clips to 3 sides of the bath tub and my baby will lie on it. This will leave my 2 hands free to bath him...very useful.

Pumpkinseed,
That'll be awesome! I'll ask the other mummies if they can wait... cuz up till today we only have 8 of us, which is really just not going to be enough for a discount ah...I already got mine, so actually am just helping the mummies to compile and order so as to get the discount. S$25 is really much much cheaper lor!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Mummies, any of you interested to get another dual electric pump for work? I have the Avent Isis Iq Duo but my office has no place with a powerpoint for me to use the pump and actually, the manual works better for me too.

If any of you ladies are interested to get it from me, can pm me... I barely used it cuz my MS is also kinda low, too low to pump so I simply latch when I was on ML...

So paiseh, early morning only, I do multiple posts....hahaha.....so long never keep up with the thread...
happy.gif

Wanna ask you ladies, are your bbs now getting to be very inquisitive? Mine no longer pays attention when she is drinking her milk... be it bottle-feed or latch.... I noticed that I have to stay in a quiet room and not talk to anyone or even to her, in order for her to properly finish her feed.

If we so much as make one tiny wheenie sound, she will unlatch off my breast or bottle and look at me or look around... very kaypoh leh... now I get sore nipples from her latch and unlatch when she is extremely distracted....

and because of this, she also doesn't seem to be interested in sleeping after feed ah....its so cute but its also so weird...after 4 months of seeing her sleep after a nice full feed and downing her feed hungrily...this behaviour seems so alien to me...but she seems happy and content enough to just doodle like this tho....

DJ Mama,
My boy is same as your baby! Getting v kaypo now. When I latched him yest, hubby came by to talk to me, then my boy unlatch and keep staring at his daddy. My hubby said he had this look like "Daddy, y are u disturbing me?? Pls go away...I want Mummy to myself!" Once Daddy walked away, baby just slowly turned by and continue latching :)
My hubby tried twice and baby did the gave him the same look! Hehe....very cute look ;p

lonerunner,

Thanks! godma who taking care of my baby reject to use the avent big bottle coz it keep leaking.. although we check it not leak already.. but when feed still leak till my baby cloth wet & godma said her pants also kena.. ;( but the small bottle don have this problem ler.. got 1 time i recap 4-5 times then it not leaking.. sometimes really waste my BM.. sigh..

djmama
same leh.. mine also like tat. sometimes very jialat, he will unlatch himself to look at the tissue box i have beside him which has mickey mouse on it... can faint man! he also look at my sofa's cloth design la etc. when my older son comes home, if heard his voice, he will unlatch to look for him also. worst is he cant really be fed if in shopping mall, cos those nursing room very noisy.. he will kept looking around despite that he is very hungry already.

Looks like our bb all the same, very distracted easily. Really a challenge to feed my bb outside now too. I'll wait till she gets very hungry then find a quiet corner to feed, otherwise she wont drink or drinks very little.

At home, if we're talking, she'll also stare at us and stop drinking, otherwise very restless, just keeps turning and wriggling while drinking.. aiyo..

Back