(2008/12) December 2008 MTBs

kath
wats play panel?

iemiko
i pm u liao

iemiko, fab & jowin
wat time to go? bringing bb? I haf to bring Summer cos I'm suppose to take care of her tats y took leave.. u gals bring bb??

Fabbie,
stk ready liao? small cutting huh??
 


xuelyn
ltr i check. =p

mi not bringing bb. he tends not to drink when he is outside. so near d concert time den i bring him out. hehe.

jowin
i gg around 1pm.
 
Hi xuelyn
Nope. Bring Ashlynne = no shopping.. hahaha!!! Beside, she just recover.. N i have to feed her solid on Friday.. 1st day start.


Hi Iemiko
oh at 1pm? I need to pump at 2pm, perhaps i can only reach at 3pm or Morning.
 
i oso dun tink i can reach so early.. i will prob leave office ard 2pm or 3pm.. reach expo ard 4pm..shop shop then go home for dinner wif my parents
 
that i sling i bought at only 13 dollar...anyone wanna buy can contact April at 91454555 she stay in holland and u can try before u buy
 
bubble Pearl,

Btw, u shld hire 1st time to spore maid but with experience in home country. They will be safer to have with u at home ..

U shld also insist on phone interview with a few.. If u r hiring experience in spore helper, u may consider requesting to call their previous employer as a reference point.. Let them know tat u r hiring to take care of ur bb,.. normally, they'll give u their vry honest feedback..
 
EXPO
Hi gals.. Friday EXPO im onz! im bringing my gal cus i would be in my MIL house and nobody help me take care of her. so i have to bring my gal out lor.. what time u all meeting? anyone going to EXPO from hougang?! or near? HEE im okai to meet anytime. best is after lunch better ba? cus lesser people?
 
bubblepearl,

I went down to Katong Shopping Centre. Lot of maid agency. I place deposit $181 for 1 Indonesian maid. Only 2 changes in a yr. Understand that alot of agencies provide unlimited change in a yr but I agree with the boss that they dun want us to change so many maids so better for them to recommend the most suitable rather than try and error. Decided to change to Indonesian cause this maid fulfill my requirement.

She work in Malaysia for 3 yrs, just came to Sg recently. She got 2 boys at home, 3 yrs n 9 yrs. So she wun miss them too much.

U got check up any agency?
 
Dear mummies
I'm thinking to change my BB's formula milk powder. Any recommendations?
happy.gif
 
Fabbie,
Hi 5! nobody help me take care of my bb too.. bo bianz haf to bring her along plus maid. ha ha to help me carry bb's barang.. aiya i stay in the east.. cannot share cab w u
sad.gif
I take MRT v near onli.. So wat time u wanna go??

me toking abt ur batch 2 stk la..

so gals r we meeting on fri?
 
xuelyn
oh. no lar. some of the clothes very nice. for gals.. will update soon ba. when im free.. these days super not free. haiz..

ya. friday what time?! im okai. after lunch which is not that crowded?! 3-4pm is it too late? or want earlier?
 
Fabbie
ya 3-4pm sounds abit late i gotta go MIL plc for dinner. b4 tat wanna head home to freshen up first. btw 1 to 2pm can??
 
jappooh,
Ur baby Ervin is so adorable !
My boy weights only 6.8kg at 5.5 mths.

Snowger,
Ur girl smiles so sweet and she doesn't looks tiny ler. Remember u did mentioned ur girl drink quite little and started on solid food early, right?

Motherhood Fair :
Actually I had plan to take half day leave to do house chore on fri. but now saw many posting and ur girl are going to the fair and tempted me to go. Shall I go home do house chore or go down to expo har ?? Felt indecisive ler….
 
sob sob.

so sad, my poor Joshua had a somersault from the bed tonight! SIgh...I tot he was sound asleep and I went out of the bedroom for a while. Then came crying from the room and I found my poor boy on the floor. Got bleeding and scratches on his nose and chest, which may be a result from the corner of a box next to my bed! I should have put it away! And he was lying on top of my macbook, so does tat mean he is less painful??!! sigh...I'm so guilty and worry about him.

I send him to KK and apparently no fractures or cuts. Dr ask me to monitor him for a while days and I hope he remains cheerful and drinks well! How would I know if he is ok!?!?! will he turn "Gong gong" aiyoh...so terrible, I can't stop worrying and thinking about it le! Dr gave me MC to stay at home tmr to monitor him..I wonder should I take it since there're MIL and my mother at home already?!
 
oh dear poor joshua

Jlow, since u have MC, might as well stay at home. cos u will be worrying at work.

Take the time to bond and accompany Joshua today lor..

Hi Ladies
I think i seem hard to go expo leh
sad.gif
.. hard to meet up.. cos i start her 1st solid tomorrow n wonder how long she will take.. N need to express milk at 2pm..
 
good morning mummies!

jlow,
poor joshua. better stay at home wif joshua lah since u got MC oledi. wish he is fine.

my boy down wif flu.
sad.gif

he can't sleep well whole nite. should b caught the virus from one of the care giver at IFC. she is down wif heavy flu n when i go fetch my boy on tuesday after work, she din wear mask!!! me so angry n heartpain c my boy so xin ku... n his rashes (eczima) come back again 2 days after going back to IFC.

sob sob...
 
Good morning mommies,
I'm from the Aug08 mommies thread.
anyone wanna order cereals / jar foods / etc. from Healthy Times? http://www.healthytimes.sg/products.php

For orders > $150, there is a 10% off while for orders > $250, it is 15% off.

Collection at:-
1) my place at Compassvale Rd or Sengkang mrt / Compasspoint
3) Harbourfront / Vivo (on Tuesday) - for small order only coz i'll be travelling by mrt with bb

Pls PM me if wanna order. Thanks
happy.gif
 
aiyo Jlow
dun think so much ya..joshua will be fine.. if you dun take MC hor.. you go work. you also will be keep thinking here and there.. u mean his nose bleed ah? next time becareful ya.. at this stage they will be doing alot of things. row here and there.. crawl up and down.. my gal started to use my body to lift herself up. faints. alot of things they trying to learn le. so must take note.

Jowin
my milk supply finally reducing liao leh! i duno is it good or bad. or happy or not. but is reducing quite alot. like from 8am i pump hor. then abt 10pm i pump i get 3bottles full leh.. i think im slowing will reduce till no more ba. once no more. i want to find a job! hehe

Xuelyn
can can. me anything. but i see the news. 11 people tio the h1n1 i feel abit sianz.. but maybe we dun stay too long. or letour baby go too near to other people ba... iemik0 leh? still got who going? iemik0 you bringing kayson?

n_g
baby so small can wear mask meh? infact the baby sick.. she shouldnt be at school to pass to everyone ma! the parents should be at home taking care of her. rather than throwing her in the IFC to spread to everyone. faints
 
JLow,

Just take MC and stay at home with bb la, rather u having to worry so much at work! Poor baby...i do hope he is alright!!
Are u the mommy who attended the kindermusik class on3 1st May? She has a son named Joshua too..

n_g,
How is ur boy’s flu today? So heartpain that he got it from the caretaker itself...sigh...does he still seem different after being at IFC for a few days now?

Mommies,

I wanna complain! Jordan’s nanny complained to me that Jordan is very difficult to take care cos he is very easily startled from sleep and doesn’t sleep long...he will wake up as long as there is a little noise (not LITTLE noise ok! Her 2 sons are screaming and shouting in the house!)So, without consulting me and my hubby, she went to buy sarung cradle and put him there! I suppose as long as Jordan is sleeping she can have a good life? So he wun bother her and she can do whatever she likes? Excuse me, we are paying her ok...and she oways think that she is more experienced thats why we hv to listen to her!

I can foresee more n more conflicts with this nanny...she is very calculative when it comes to money and u know what she told me when i told her not to mix cereal in his bottle? She said:” I dun care what doctors say, i will take care of Jordan according to my experience..as long as he is well taken care of i have done my duty liao!” WTH?

What shd i do? Sigh...
 
jlow, is Joshua ok?? if his head got 'baluku' make a hard boil egg to rub against it.. apply some cream on the cut area as well. Poor boy.. if he cries at nite cos he's startled, can feed him some jin feng shan (juz rub little bit of the powder on his lips).. he can sleep better. sigh..

Guess no one will go so late to expo huh? I hv to ask my boss later can i take 1/2day tmr..keke
 
Good Morning everyone!!!

Jlow, hope ur boy is ok now. Since already happen, dun feel sad le. Accident tend to happen, take extra precautions next time.

Babies are such wriggly worms, my gal can wriggle all the way from the middle of the master bed right to the edge all the time being asleep!! So all mummies do take extra care.

Teether Bling:
Stupid Hubby commented that I can always buy those normal teether and use a string to tie across my neck for baby to bite..
Aaargh.. The men just dun get it all the time!!!

Giving the teether bling a go.. hehe will be getting the squeaky giraffe!!!
 
Rachel, i guess ur nanny is the very kay kiang type. Never allow her to feed cereal in bottle. Its really a hazzard, bb might choke.

How is Jordan accomodating at her place? Is he happy there? When you bring him home at night does he fuss alot? At night when he sleep, does he wake up and get startled easily?

Sorry for asking so many qns, becoz my gal also like that in the day. Sleep very little and cannot be left alone. Think my MIL is going crazy but i keep insisting no sarong for her. So no choice lor, my MIL will talk and play with my gal for very very long time, show her different things, carry her to walk around the house just to keep her occupied. Then end up all the household chores not done.

On the other note, i am happy, coz i read some where that babies who tends to be more awake are just being more curious and is keen to learn from the surroundings!

Elderly folks tell me, babies who sleep alot tends to be more obedient and chubby! Not sure how true!
 
chantalle
Just curious, why no sarong? when I'm alone with my baby at home, the only way I can get anything done is if I carry her in the sling and walk around the house to do things
 
Jlow, take mc. I think its best that u can be ard in case he is alittle unsettle and he can be more assured with yr presence. Take care and good luck k. I believe Joshua will be fine
happy.gif


Rachel!! This nanny sounds terrible!! I will feel very frustrated to have such a nanny!! Try scouting around for other nannies perhaps?
 
echo, no sarong for me becoz i have witness how my little cousin fall directly out from the sarong cradle once and it really freaked me out. She cried until she lost her voice. So heart pain. When i rush to catch her its too late.

Even with the sarong sling carrier, i had very bad experience. My hubby and MIL was trying to put my gal inside, but my MIL hands slipped and my gal flipped out of the carrier and luckily this time i managed to rush in time to grab her like a rugby ball before she hit the floor.

I bought my gal a walker chair lately, that sort of ease my MIL abit. At least got time to go toilet. But when i am alone with my gal at home, if i need to go toilet, i will put her in the walker chair but i dun close the toilet door, so i can still keep an eye on her. I am way too paranoid and protective.. haha
 
Work is getting crazy cos I got additional portfolio liao! *Haha* And I am kinda falling in love with e new portfolio... *oh well...*

Merydith/sam,
Thanks thanks... Just hope she grow up to be as sweet too! *haha*

Merydith,
My ger dun wanna latch. I tried it once. She cried as though my boops are monsters going to eat her up!

ypg,
I like the mat! My ger likes to "smash" her face into the mat! Previously for mattress or play mat it's scary!

Fabbie,
I am still at the unstable stage of "got voice" and "no voice". My voice-ometer is going up n down like a yo yo...Just hope I will get my voice back by tmr! :p

Ur milk ss dropping? I guess it's normal once we pump less bah... I am pumping 6 hrly yesterday cos it's to pump n throw. I am on anti-b and some phelgm dissolving medicine...

n_g,
How's ur boi boi liao? BB get flu v xin ku one... We parents see oso heart pain manz...

My ger can crawl on the tummy. She likes to kick a little to push herself forward. She's a pro in flipping and she can move herself on her tummy to edge of bed so quickly, it's scary!!! Guess it's the advantage of a light/small baby?

Little Rabbit,
Ya, she's a small drinker (oni 3 to 4oz every 3 hrs, seldom can finish 4.5oz). Started her on solids, but weight gain wise still sama sama... :p

Cant really tell from the photo but if I were to put her next to her peers (e.g. Jo's baby), I think u will be able to tell how small she is...

Jo,
ur dotter ok? How come got blood in puke?
 
fabbie,
no lah. i mean the care giver at IFC flu n din wear mask. not baby flu. so i suspect the care giver pass the virus to my boy. i did ask her any baby from IFC sick. she say 1 baby down wif flu but din attend. MC at home. so she is the only 1 flu there lo. of course baby can't wear mask. imagine if baby wear mask, heeheehee... the mask will cover 2/3 of their face? :p

rachel,
my boy's IFC no good leh. everytime call n ask how is he doing, their feedback only "ok, no cry, drink milk at wat time, sleep at wat time, bath at wat time". no other detail given. i ask the care giver there whether my boy cranky n under wat circumference he is cranky, the ans i got back is "i dun know, today is my 2nd day here" n "i dun know, i only come in by 3pm". shit lah! everything dun know! yesterday me so angry when c my boy rashes come back n down wif flu + cough. i told my hubby tis IFC no good, wat they did was only giv baby drink n sleep n bath, nothing else. they even ask us to train our baby till ok wif cereal oledi then bring cereal n tell them how to feed him! omg, they charge S$1.2k every month just to feed baby, let them sleep n bath for them? am i asking for too much?
ur baby nanny oso sound no good leh. if they always do watever way they wan, then tis is no longer ur baby but theirs liao lah. they should ask parent 1st before do anything on YOUR baby mah. mayb change to another nanny?

chantalle,
men dun care 1 lah! mummy always the 1 more concern abt our precious. but i dun giv my boy teether cos everytime giv him his saliva come out, wet his chin n bib. afraid might worsen his rashes. n somemore my boy a bit impatient leh, teether drop he cry, u giv him back he bite, drop again he cry again, giv back he bite, ...

echo,
me oso no sarong.
happy.gif

cos afraid later went out or travel oversea he oso ask for sarong then jialat liao. :p
 
Fabbie, u gog?? can help to get themometer?

Chantalle, i know what u mean...the bum just slip out rite?? I got the fright once..it happens when the sling is too big

ygp, no leh..not yet go recee..my mum still need to go back for followup check up..
 
chantella,
wau! heng u catch ur ger in time oh. if fall directly onto floor then really cannot imagine how liao...

snowger,
hope my boi manage to get rid of the flu+cough very very soon last time he can't sleep, so mummy oso can't sleep. hug him to sleep together wif me. sound a bit dangerous hoh? :p
since ur ger can move herself on her tummy to edge of bed tat quickly, probably dun let her lying on your big bed? put a mattress on floor n let her play on the mattress instead is much safer.
happy.gif
 
hi snowger
she ok already. Dun know why got slight blood too, i check her gums n mouth. no cuts. But she still happily kicking away.. haha.. so i guess shd be ok la..

Her nose still slightly runny.. i think not a big problem.

Mai like tat leh :p:p say my dotter very huge ah LOLOLOLOLOL.. haha

Ur girl dun Latch already? yesterday after i pumped, i haven wore up my bra, my mum kachiao n carry her, put her mouth near my nipple. Guess wat.. she opened her mouth n suck.. FAINTZ!!!! My HB said she so clever.. inherit Daddy's gene. LOL

Hi Rachel
Kick tat nanny away la. She shd try to cooperate with u , instead of telling u hack care wat the doctor say. Before you anything, she be anyhow feeding ur child.. tats the worst too. At least IFC, there still do not dare to anyhow do things.
 
Rachel,
The nanny u got seems uncontrollable lei.. so scary! if she won listen to u, dunno wat she'll do to ur son. feel very uneasy abt her. mayb u shld get another nanny or find an IFC?

Jowin,
wa seh! Ashlynne so clever!! Summer got her 2nd tooth liao!! join the 2nd tooth club le!! yippie!

Fabbie, iemiko, ivy & Echo,
Tml I'll prob be there abt 1.30pm. wanna meet?

Jlow,
sry to hear abt Joshua. he better liao? If i were u, will def stay hm for him. Nobody can replace mummy ma!
 
xuelyn
Yes, I would like to meet. 1.30 is a bit early for me, cos I live in the west, so will be a long ride for me. Maybe later in the afternoon like 2 plus or 3? But see what time the others want to meet.

Anybody from West wants to share cab? I live in Commonwealth.
 
echoooooo
Ivy from west can share cab with you.

EXPO MEET up..
Sorry so many postes till i duno who is going liao. hahaha Anyway. meet 2pm?! is it okai for all?!

Snowger
Ya my milk supply drop very jialet. cus i eat med for about 2-3weeks due to my flu and cough. and now. Im like pumping 1 day 2 times liao! hoping to cut down till 1 day 1 time. hehehe =X

bbpearl
tomorrow can sms me to remind me mah.. xie xie.. i scare i will forget.

n_g
Oh. lol.. i tout the baby is sick. eh.. usually the IFC people who is sick. they dun allow them to get in one leh.. why yours is so weird de?!

rachel
Oh no... why like that ah.. ya nanny so bad!
 
Rachel,

My ex nanny also like ur nanny, think she very experienced so boss us around. She scolded me, my hubby n my mum b4. Alot of unhappiness also. So now after consideration, I decided to get a maid. Cause I am paying $450 for my nanny to take care of my daughter 3 days in a week onli then I might as well pay $330 (maid's salary) n $170 (maid levy) & around $200 for other expenses to get someone to do housework & cook for me too.

I am tempted to go down Motherhood fair now. But worried that I cant carry the things.
 
Expo meet up - 2pm
1. Ivy
2. Iemiko
3. Fabbie
4. Xuelyn
5. Echo

Ivy
Where do you live? PM me and we can make arrangements to share cab.

Er, I don't have anyone's number. Can one of the people who are going PM me with your number? Thanks!
 
ypg
There's a number of cases of maid abuses reporting from TV, newspapers etc. Ever thought of installing CCTV cameras all over your entire house?

However I still feel that its better to have a adult at home to watch over the maid. Just my personal thoughts only
happy.gif
 
lavendery
Since i eat med for my sickness it reduce so much then i let it be lor.. and I dun wan to BF for over 1yr+ wor. and i dun wan to eat med to stop breast feeding too. now mine is 12 hrs+. 3 bottles full. so 1 day is like 5 to 6 bottles full. Haiz. if can. 1 day 1 time lor.. slowly slowly to let it dry when i reach to 1yr or if stop before 1yr then okai lor. "soon qi zhi ruan" but i think i Stop le i will feel better not too stress ba. hehe. infact now. i feel much better than last time.. cus milk is cutting down. but then of cus feel bad lar. hehee
 


lavendery,

Thanks for ur concern. I also have this concern too. My mum will still be around for the next 2 months so she can observe my maid character. After she start her own business or work for other boss, my father in law will be coming over to watch over my maid during the daytime. He just live a few blocks away. My fil got trembling hands so cant take care my bb but he can still watch over the maid.

Me not too keen on the camera unless my maid really got a problem n I need to resort to such ways to watch over her. I believe in trusting the person if u using her, unless she prove otherwise lor.
 

Back
Top