(2008/12) December 2008 MTBs

Hi echo
mine is from Mumsfairy. Suppose to assist in block and lumps.

Wat my SIL meant by... " dun need to do anything, use tat funnels, no lumps no blockage".. where got such wonderful products.. haha!!

Hi fabbie
me also sian...wanna pump but sian.. but no choice la..

Later me going to pop to robinson to see if i can get any leapfrog toy for my girl if they are on discounts.. yesterday i scolded her lor.. cos make me very tired.. very guilty .. so decide to get her a toy to make her happy...hee hee

That ribena advertisement nice meh? =P Very indian leh... " hu hu hai hai....dance around"
 


Little_rabbit,

Paiseh, never reply ur sms. Today never go inside forum until now. Today is meet the parents session. I talk with 40 parents from 7.30 to 5pm. Only got 20 min lunch break.

Ladies,

Today where got Eat with ur Family Day early release for me. Our school always hold the Meet the Parents session on the last day of Term 2 n Eat with ur Family Day also on the last day of School term 2.

I know that many schools also got Meet the Parents session today. So please do enjoy ur this special day b4 u got to go see ur kid's teacher. After hearing wat she say, maybe u lose all appetite liao. Haha...

Actually after talking with so many parents, I feel like raising a kid in Sg is really very stressful. I can see that most parents are worrying about their child, even if their kids did quite well. Sort of visualize how I will be like when it come to my clarissa's turn.

Did u even think about wat kind of parental guidance u will give ur child? How u going to deal with his/her studies? Hope I dun stress u out.
 
Milk Supply:
My milk ss dipped too for almost a week and I was on the verge of telling my hb tat I wan to stop when my ger hits 6 mths...

Somehow my milk ss is back again (still lower than before) and sometimes I take 1/2hr and still can't pump out the usual amt... I can only attribute it to my very bad bout of cold (where I took the cold medicine to stop runny nose) and me losing a lot of water (thru the runny nose n fever)...

For mums who are still BFing, I heard from a colleague's wife that u should put fennel seeds into ur soup to drink to maintain the ss. I not sure how true but no harm trying? Tat's how she maintain her ss lah...
 
Ladies
Me also half hearted Liao coz my colleague tell me that the rate of osteoporosis will be faster also for my built leh if continue to bf for 1 yr n above..n so tired also. I got a tin of friso n similac. Feel like doing partial bf instead of full. Which brand is better ar?any advice?
 
dee,
thks for all the info, will definitely giv e them a call 1st b4 i go...

sam,
i'm the one who think tat SAHM is super boring coz i dun hav own time... i wan to go for a facial also cannot, i dun hav anyone can help to look after my kids, and whenever i go i must drag the small one along (luckily i've thrown the big one to school), sometimes got sales at where where where i also cannot go coz i can't bring small one to crowded place, eventhough i wan i also can't buy thing... secondly i dun hav car, i'm too used to drive in Msia, w/o car i feel like handicap in spore... so i think my current life is only one word... sianz sianz sianz!!! sometimes i even regret why i wan to giv birth & somemore giv birth to two... hahaha!

Jowin,
the ribena adv very funny laa, they make it like bollywood...
 
Hi Merydith
BF will take alot of our calcium. Tats why i also drink the Ann Mum breastfeed milk to replenish the necessary. U can try to take calcium pills too.

True lor.. BF really very tired.

Hi snowger
i hope to maintain my ss . Dun wan more, dun wan less.. although now it drops. Now daily, i still can freeze up 1 packet. With this ss, i hope max BF her for 1 yr...

pumping now.. feel like going to zzzzz
 
jowin,

I also got drink the anmum + GNC prenatal vit + Calcium pills..but I somehow feel my bone like shrinking lidat.. dunno izit i think too much or wat but lately my knee cap very pain lor.

jes,
but at least SAHM can nap in the afternoon when bb naps n can just lie on the bed and BF...unlike work lor

sam,
really envious !!..such a joy to be able to play n spent time with your 4 kids soemmore can drive them out..go classes with them..got good hubby support..fwah..for me i can only dream of it in this life...zzzzzz
 
merydith,
i hardly can nap in the afternoon laa... daniell usually sleeps very little in daytime, only 5-10mins, and when the moment i wanna nap too, he will wake up already... of coz sometimes he is able to sleep longer like 30-45mins, but i will use the time to do housework esp cooking coz i need to cook for my elder boy... Good thing is i can latch on & dun need to pump, less work to do on this...

so SAHM good or not? maybe i should put in this way... if i got someone can help me to look after my boys as & when i need, of coz very good but i don't hav so sometimes can feel breathless esp when my boy cranky & cry for no reason... tired & feel like dying nia...
 
i just found another new tooth in ashlynne's mouth..
haha!! my mum told me.. whole day she very cranky..
sad.gif



Hi Merydith
me too.. also knee cap pain.especially getting up from the floor.. my HB always said.. tats bcos my calcium not enough.. wonder true anot.
 
jes,

you are absolutely right. Before when I had just 2 kids and no maid, jialat damn busy .. my house look like warehouse most of the time. I had someone come in once a week to clean but not enough leh ...

After that I had a maid .. much much better. I know when I nap, someone to watch them .. and I don't have to do housework anymore - I hate housework lor. SO repetitive and always have to do. blardy hell.

But now with 4 kids, I still super busy .. ferrying them up and down ... but definitely no way I won't do without a maid and car lor.

merydith,

still busy la with 4 kids especially when they're in school and have classes ... just thankful that my hubby can provide for us comfortably lor.
 
jes,
how old is the elder one? probably can put him in those neighbourhood playgroup so that u can have more rest?

ya one ting i hate doing is housework..its neverending..got budget for those part time hrly maid?

last time i dread washing n hang the clothes..so pile up until grow mould n throw clothes away..also dislike sweep/mop floor..so wear slipper in the house..but now change liao..ever since married n move out..my hb cannot stand my ways haha keep cleaning for me..now got maid..he very happy no need to do liao n also I auto become clean freak.

jowin,
maybe leh..n its very pain hor...they say its the sign...dunno true or not.

sam,
ya u r very lucky~~ got the rite hubby! I felt cheated haha coz last time he used to treat me to buffet so I tot he very generous! who knows turns out the opp after marriage..haha but me also la..i turn out to be the one dun do housework one keke.
 
ypg,
Confirmed not going to Kindermusik trial this sunday coz PD say bb fever due to Herpangina virus.

Fabbie,
my bb having fever in day 2, brought him to see PD and found 2 big ulcer in his throat. DP say bb got Herpangina virus and it can spread by saliva and mouth to mouth contact. Now the most challenge is bb may get dehydrated due to pain then refuse all feed & drinks.
sad.gif
 
little rabbit,
oh dear.. how did bb get the virus?
anyone in your family currently has this?

if you feed him using shringe, will he drink?
he no interest in food perhaps coz he's in pain but if someone put something in his mouth, maybe it'll help him to take less effort to suck?
 
dee,
I have no idea where he get this virus coz at home only hb,me & bb,at nanny place only got 4 adults, both side no one fall sick ler. Weekday nanny may bring bb go marketing once a while and weekend we bring bb for outing, wondering can he get the virus from the outing ??

Now have to feed him in Pedialyte by using shringe, just like having a war in each feed...
sad.gif
 
little rabbit
poor thing. Maybe he get it at the market??
my mum dislike bringing baby to market especially its so many ppl n dirty...

Take care.. n urself too.. take care
happy.gif
 
morning ladies..

today zombified! #1 got fever.. dunno why.. now he sleeping.. hopefully he no fever when he wakes later..

little rabit,
hope that bb will recover asap.. not easy for you and bb too.. take care, ok?
 
oh no..
2 big ulcer ?! thats painful.. hope he's feeling better.. so sian right. always duno where baby sickness come from. haiz.. he no cough or what mah? didnt know ulcer can lead to fever wor. =(
 
Little rabbit,

Poor baby....must be very painful becos of the big ulcers....i can ustd how it feels when bb refuse to drink..Jordan is also drinking very little and i hv been desperately seeking advices to all my friends and family...some moms from this forum have also advised me to change teat/milk powder/milk bottle/prolong the interval between feedings etc...

Must take care ok...i know its very stressful and tiring to take care of a sick baby..u must be strong for ur baby!

SAHM:

Haha i truely echo what Jes has said, there is absolutely no time to nap or have own time when u r a SAHM...there are endless chores and things to do, and it's not fun at all. HB oways think that i damn shiok staying at home taking care of jordan, can surf net, can play Restaurant City/Pet Society/ can watch tv, but he doesn't know its very stressful to have ur baby son crying for u ALL THE TIME...and i only manage to do all these when he sleeps, and also that's when my hse is not that dusty/messy, when i don't hv to wash his bottles/pumping equipments, do the laundry etc etc...

There are pros and cons to be SAHM, and of cos as working moms too...each has it's fair share of stress and happiness i would say...
 
hayden has upgraded from the nebuliser to a earo chamber... hmm.. all i can say is- let's hope this works...

today's PD bill is $252.. thats makes the total of 7$24 for the month of May.. bearing in mind none was for any immunisation...
 
today so unlucky.!!! got people jumped down from my block..right infront of our house..suay suay..i was not at home at tat time..only my bb n maid at home.. Came back saw police tent n tape around the area..

hiaiz..think must be the same guy who is attempted to jump a couple of times...so scary...
 
phyl ...

ya pediatrician visits are super costly, man. Why was Hayden on the nebuliser to begin with?

Wa it's another hot day ... want to go out also think twice .. everywhere crowded .. now with H1N1 here .. sigh ... Just wait till weekdays then can go out.

Remember to keep using wet wipes to wipe your baby's hands/fingers ya? .. They're always stuffing their fingers in their little mouths .. all sorts of germs around.

I'm fanatical about hand washing and screeching at my girls to NOT touch lift buttons/staircase railings - sometimes sound like mad woman .. lol.
 
Merydith,
I just heard from my neighbour that some guy committed sucide buy jumping off 30th floor next block. So freaky!
sad.gif


Jo,
I oso wanna maintain ss can liao... But I am beginning to pump 4 times instead of 5...

Kath,
I will find out from my friend how the fennel seeds look like!

Anyone going to expo sale?
 
Phy, my gal now on inhaler liao. Stop nebuliser. Spent close to $600 on her medical bills this month liao.

Anyone got gd pd to recommend? My gal's cough still haven recover. Its been 3 wks liao.
 
snowger,
huh so many suicide in one day...probably recession or wat..

what expo sale? I tot it starts the next wk? or izit the john little one?

kath, snowger,
Fennel seeds I got it from the takashimaya cold storage. Can probably try the chain of cold storage..I think the great world city have too. I use it for cooking...
 
Jo,

I try to find the antibacterial one .. I think it's Tollyjoy .. if not, then the Pigeon one also can .. but seriously, I find that any brand of baby wipes can .. not the scented wipes from Watsons .. I think those can't unless for us adults. But as long as baby brand, unscented, should be ok .. I recently went and bought 8 packs of Kodomo cos Watson having the $1.95 per pack offer again.
 
I hate it u know .. when these people touch Calista's hands .. HAIYO, u know babies all like to put their fingers in their mouths, how can u hold her hand ..??!!

I already told my new maid .. die die when the person walk off, MUST take wipes and quickly and throughly wipe her hands if these strangers touch her.
 
merydith,
my elder one is 4YO, he goes to full day nursery already else i will die if need to look after 2 kids for 24hrs... kekee

ya housework is never ending one, esp laundry... my mum so surprised to see each time when i do laundry (only) for both my boys coz their clothes r A LOT!!! this is bcoz my elder boy one day changes 3 set of clothes plus 3 undies lor, so if i accumulate 5 days then will be at least 15 sets, & tat does not incl. Daniell's clothes... *faint* ... i engaged part time cleaner b4 but juz 'fired' her coz she is getting more & more chim chai in doing house chores, sometimes not clean one ler... haiz, better save the $50 (each time) & i do it myself

rachel,
if u hubby thinks that staying at home is very free & relax one then u should ask him to take one day leave & leave lil Jordan & all the houseworks to him & u go out kai kai for whole day.... wahaha! tat's wat i always tell my hubby...!

phyl,
hayden switches to aero-chamber? he is now on inhaler ar? poor lil thing

2nd baby,
ur gal on inhaler too? wat happen?
those medic fee really shiong hor but luckily now can claim PDA...

sam,
ME & My hubby TOO!!! we always warn my boy not to touch lift buttions/escalator or staircase railing... i will always carry Dettol Hand Sanitizer in my bag, when i see my boy touching all these things i will immediately ask him to use the sanitizer... haha... not tat i super kan cheong but my boy likes to rub his eyes/nose/face so i boh bian...

and yeah, dun understand why those ppl like to touch baby's hand... normally if i see kids coming towards Daniell & talk to him, i will start to push the stroller backward & warn them... but if adult (esp aunties) then boh bian, let them touch but after tat i will quickly wipe off Daniell's hand... haha! sound crazy hor!!
 
jes,

hahahahah !! Glad to know I'm not the only INSANE mummy here. My hubby thinks I'm mad but he has acknowledged that these things ARE dirty and he KNOWs Emily and Calista put their hands in their mouths .. lol.
 
Sam and jes,
you are starting to make me feel less of a responsible mom...i dun usually care abt lift buttons/staircase railings until Jordan fell ill recently le, ALTHOUGH i oways carry Dettol hand sanitiser with me but that's just for me to sanitise my own hands before preparing his milk..hmm...

Jes,
actually there are many times i wanted to take a day off and ask my hubby to take care of jordan himself liao...but in the end i would cancel the self-declared leave cos dun trust him for taking care of our son le...he is not as patient as me...and i bet with u he will not do hsehold chores unless i specifically tell him what to do...for some reasons men seem to have lower benchmark when it comes to hse cleanliness and tidiness? Everytime when the hse is damn messy liao my hubby will still ask me:" Messy meh? No wad...aiya u dun be so fussy can?" @_@"

Phyl/2nd baby,
so sorry to know that ur babies are on inhaler...how did all these happen in the first place? Did pd say what the causes are? It must be very tiring and heartpain to see our babies suffering.. Must be strong ok? Jiayou jiayou jiayou!!
happy.gif
 
rachel,

ALL husbands won't do housework la.

Mine if I ask (before we has a maid) he'll say, no la not dirty no need to clean. *faint* .. here I am everyday vacuum and mop .. then when I ask him to do ONE time, he says the floor ok no need to mop/vacuum .. just cos he dowan to do.
 
rachel,
it's not that u r less responsible mum... i think it's probably ur kid still very young & he has yet to hav 'chance' to touch all these so call lift buttions/escalator or staircase railing... but once he grows up & start walking then u'll know coz for sure he will go & touch everything... hehee!

haha... ur hubby juz like mine, everytime i tell him tat our hse so messy & i got no time to clean up he will say the thing exactly same like ur hubby... lol... and yes he wont zi dong do housework one unless i 'order' him to do... i ever leave my 2 boys with him 2 times for few hrs & when i came back home the whole house is like 'shit'!!!
 
rachel, so I'm not the only one? David is drinking so little nowadays...I'm DESPERATE liao. He was drinking very little to begin with -140ml every 4 hours. Now he refuses to drink at all. Sometimes I can force 50 to 70 ml per feed down his throat. Other times, not even 10 ml. At first I thought it's the teat, but he drinks water from the same teat happily. Now I'm feeding him fish porridge once a day liao, cause he's really not getting much nutrients anywhere else. Sigh... my breastmilk not nice meh???? Let me know if something works for you, k?
 
EXACTLY sam! Now i know why my hubby always say our house is not dirty...guess i hv to psycho him more about how dangerous all these germs can be..
sad.gif


But honestly my hubby not bad liao la, he will do chores when he feels like to...that happens on an average of 2-3 times every week..and he irons his own working attire wuahahaha cos he knows his wife hates doing that..poor man come to think of it..
 
rachel ..

not poor man la .. GOOD that he irons his own stuff. Mine, unless he's overseas and I'm not there, then he will iron his own clothes. lol.
 
Spaghetti,

Seems like we r gg through the same thing...After Jordan got discharged from KKH due to stomach flu, he only manage to drink abt 2-3.5oz each feed, sometimes not even 2oz...

Today i got really desperate so i added cereal into all his feedings..he still drank 3-4 oz but its a mixture of fm and cereal.i hope he is getting more nutrients from the mixture rather than milk alone...But rmb if u try this method u hv to cut the teat hole bigger so the cereal will go through...

So far what other methods have u tried? I will observe him for a few more days then decide if we need to bring him to see pd. Heard that there is an appetite enhancer (made from mainly minerals) which we can get from pd if the feeding has been bad for quite some time..
 
Jess, she coughing for almost a mth liao. Med fees reali ex. Renting of nebuliser per day cost is $10. What's ex is the medicine. Consultation already $45. Whats PDA?
 
2nd baby,
haha, paiseh typo error... i mean CDA

ya those medicine r very expensive... is she on ventolin inhaler now? btw, 'she' is ur elder one or claryce?
yeah PD's consultation is very ex, the one tat my elder boy seeing for his asthma is cost $80 for consultation ler, & somemore cannot claim CDA one... but if he's juz normal sickness i'll bring him to another PD which the consultation cost only $35...

raising kids in Spore really EX... sigh!!
 
Feeding solids: Forgot which mum ask me. Yes, must add 1 meat and 1 vegetable inside to cook porridge or else not enough nutrients. But later we will strain the porridge so Clarissa (my bb) will not eat any meat flesh. So far we cook Japanese scallops, threadfin fish, pork (yao1 rou4) inside. Never use chicken cause my mum say chicken BAD BAD. Haha...

Rachel, u feed Jordan with cereal n milk by bottle? Actually, that is not as good as feeding through spoon cause bb need to learn to eat cereals, not drink cereal to develop chewing skills and jaw muscles (according to babycenter).

Cause although Clarissa not yet got teeth when we 1st intro cereal, I notice she will move her jaw up n down to chew n now she know how to open her mouth wide wide to let us put the porridge inside. So maybe u want to try feeding through spoon better?

Housework: If I am a SAHM, I think I will kill myself cause I hate housework. Since young, I told myself, never mind, next time I study high high, get a high pay job n ask my hubby to stay home do housework. Haha... Though my hubby not house hubby but I am still the main breadwinner at home so he will do the household chore instead of me. My childhood dream come true!!
 
Hayden started wheezing when he was 4mths.. then that time recover.. then this month when he turned 5mths, he started wheezing again and PD says its Bronchiolitis.. its the smaller airways that is stuck with phlegm.. well.. then he was given meds initially but change to nebuliser.. so after neb-bing 1wk.. still not better so i suggested for him to go on the inhaler/aero chamber/ spacer thing.. its cheaper thats one thing la.. but the logic of the aero chamber is better coz its an airtight seal and the med will definitely go to his lungs.. but hor.. he will cry, scream, turn purple n vibrate!!

true can "claim"/ "use" CDA.. but still gotta put in mah.. and its not instant that the gahmen will match it immediately.. hmm.. this gives me an idea!! haha.. the gahmen should match the money at least twice a month.. coz the 700++ that i put in for may will only be matched on june 18th.... hahahaha.. i feel i go write to our friend.. keke.. bad economy ma.. if matched early or faster than i put in 300++ enuff liao..

as for if Dr Foo is a good PD.. eh.. i think she reallie cares for little children and hayden lor.. so i will continue this whole course first b4 looking for a second opinion.. she knows hayden's history since he was 11days old.. see how la..

yesterday i so angry with hayden coz of this medical bill size lor.. my neverfull fly away liao lor.. byebye ridiculously priced bag....
 
phyl
wah. ya bronchilolitis damn chim sia. i see also @_@

rachel.
lol i ask my hub to iron my clothes de.. hahhaha. cus i always iron i cannot be straight de leh. so angry. so normally throw to him =P

Spaghetti
you try using spoon feed him milk leh? my gal also once like that. i feed her with spoon she okai to drink. then slowly to bottle. now okai le. I duno. maybe u could try?

2ndbaby
how about trying TMC? doc kweoy? 2nd story de. I duno he good anot. but Clarice cough already stop le.. he's not a very caring doc. but he know whats wrong with my gal lor. so far. like that time i tout its a mild cough and flu. but end up to be a MRSA. i was quite impress with him.

Merydith
haiz. you mean the guy that you always saw and that you reported de. jump down huh?
 
morning ladies
ydae started kayson on cereal. hmm. he like don reali like it lei. mayb not used to it yet. =p

rachel
not good to put cereal into milk n feed. bb can get choke. cereal is suppose to b fed by spoon.
 


Hi gals,

Solids,
Summer turned 5 months on fri
happy.gif
so mummy gave her, her 1st solids ytd. fed her Frisocream rice cereals - 2 scoops plus water. she took it quite well, but I think the water i used not hot enuff cos the cereals still lumpy one. anyone using frisocream w similar experience?

another ques: when can i start introducing roots?
how long after rice cereals? give roots alone or can i mix the roots into rice cereals??


Poor appetite,
Jowin, Ashlynne still feeding as per norm?? Summer's feeding yo-yo for a few days lia. for eg, ytd whole morn refuse to drink milk onli eat cereals. then at nite oso refuse to take her last feeding before she zzz...

Summer oso same like ashlynne, wake up in the middle of the nite to cry.. and cry until v chiam type.. dun wan milk jus wanna be sayang n carried to slp.. mummy is panda today.. 2 nite in a row liao..
sad.gif
is all this related to teething?? anyone can advise?
 

Back
Top