deeoeeb
Member
MC,
i fully understand what you mean.. me and HB also want all natural..
actually if already dilate, no induction is required.. it's only whether you want to speed up the labor..
i'm thankful for my gynae bcoz he totally understands our choice.. UNLESS there's medical reason for intervention, he will let us know what's best..
my bb was already engaged and i was already 3cm dilated (2nd preg, bb only engage during labor) when i saw my gynae on the 10th.. we had two choices, wait for actual EDD (15th) but he won't be ard to fetch bb and we didn't want to take the chance by letting bb out anytime during gynae's absence OR speed up labor (tho the word he used was induce, which can be too commonly used these day)..
we decided to speed up labor (by artificially breaking waterbag and on IV glucose + oxytoxin, no pessary to soften cervix).. we didn't want to drag too long and also i wanted out of hospital by weekend so that #1 is well taken care of..
so, next day admit.. when gynae broke waterbag, bb alr poo inside.. let's say if we delay, bb would definately be in distress.. no good.. another thing was, when bb was alr out, the cord was very close to his neck and if given more time, no one knows if it's gonna go round the neck.. so, it was all blessing in disguise..
if gynae gives good reasons to getting baby out.. ie placenta aging or the level of amniotic is on a low side, etc.. perhaps you can help yourself to speed up dilation naturally.. so that you don't have to go through induction..
for my #1, i was given a "deadline" due to placenta aging, if bb not out by EDD, go in for induction.. but couple of days before, i made sure i do something to get the cervix open up.. thankfully, i was dilated and no need for induction..
did your gynae mention the reason why you need to be induced?
i fully understand what you mean.. me and HB also want all natural..
actually if already dilate, no induction is required.. it's only whether you want to speed up the labor..
i'm thankful for my gynae bcoz he totally understands our choice.. UNLESS there's medical reason for intervention, he will let us know what's best..
my bb was already engaged and i was already 3cm dilated (2nd preg, bb only engage during labor) when i saw my gynae on the 10th.. we had two choices, wait for actual EDD (15th) but he won't be ard to fetch bb and we didn't want to take the chance by letting bb out anytime during gynae's absence OR speed up labor (tho the word he used was induce, which can be too commonly used these day)..
we decided to speed up labor (by artificially breaking waterbag and on IV glucose + oxytoxin, no pessary to soften cervix).. we didn't want to drag too long and also i wanted out of hospital by weekend so that #1 is well taken care of..
so, next day admit.. when gynae broke waterbag, bb alr poo inside.. let's say if we delay, bb would definately be in distress.. no good.. another thing was, when bb was alr out, the cord was very close to his neck and if given more time, no one knows if it's gonna go round the neck.. so, it was all blessing in disguise..
if gynae gives good reasons to getting baby out.. ie placenta aging or the level of amniotic is on a low side, etc.. perhaps you can help yourself to speed up dilation naturally.. so that you don't have to go through induction..
for my #1, i was given a "deadline" due to placenta aging, if bb not out by EDD, go in for induction.. but couple of days before, i made sure i do something to get the cervix open up.. thankfully, i was dilated and no need for induction..
did your gynae mention the reason why you need to be induced?