(2008/12) December 2008 MTBs

Hi ladies,
for cheaper alternative of milk bottles wash, can try Pureen Liquid Cleaner, in orange or mint flavour at offer price of $6 in Kiddy Palace.

Also, Kodomo Baby Laundry Softener refill 800ml at $3.35 in NTUC now.

Carmen - so this wed 12pm at centrept? wait where huh? he said his alarm didn't ring, so he missed company transport. haiz...

fabbie - below itchy due to what...?

sam - to think that i need to raise the baby by myself... i feel v sian.

lavendery - i told my MIL again this morning that he borrowed $ from me again and the baby will suffer coz he doesn't provide or save. my MIL just replied via sms that they did try to talk to my HB about saving $ and they will see how they can help and they treat me like their own daughter coz i change a lot for this house.

i have been always stern n serious when talked to my HB, he just doesn't wish to commit and comment. i failed to have him do out a spreadsheet or account for his expenses. he refuses to do it. i have always asked same thing since married in 2005. it's not working. i'm wondering what will make him save. sometimes i felt even if the baby arrives and looks v cute, it may not motivate him to provide or save.

anyway, life seems better for u liao. but r u still eating biscuit & bread?!

mum2ndx - don't know how to answer ur qns...

scarletGal - i will just tell u what i prefer between those 2, but i'm not sure if i'm a gd evaluator.

Fong2 - big hooha i have already made a lot liao. from crying to yelling to complaining to whole world. this doesn't work.

Loveangel - he won't take mrt or bus coz of his foot, can't walk well lor.

reddates - i think he needs a bigger lesson than that. i'm still wondering what can work.

girl80 - don't be too worried and rest more. my boss' brother had a set of quadruplets (4 boys) delivered in april this yr at 32 weeks, they are all less than 2kg when they are born and now all of them are healthy.

anyone knows about how to get baby's footprint on card without buying the expensive ink pad? no?

btw, is it normal to feel a sharp pain like some nails pushed from inside the tummy? that pain very unlike cramps or contraction? and it is normal for pushing from inside the tummy, very uncomfortable?

Juzyounme: Yea, life is getting better ever since he realised that i'm been really paying and paying like nobody business every mth from my own savings. I got fed-up and typed out everything on Excel spreadsheet so that he can clearly realised how much (and what kind of food) i get to eat at the end of the day after spending on baby stuffs. So i told him if i didn't eat well, baby suffer from malnutrition too. P/s: I'm not asking for big fish and big meat everyday.

I have proper decent meals now as he is willing share paying for the baby things now. Didn't know buying baby stuffs can be so expensive, i was also shocked when i tabulated the total sum i had spent just on buying for baby items.

Try telling your hubby that u are working full-time and studying part-time as well, u need to cope with the school fees and also baby expenses at the same time. Its already not easy. If he cannot share your financial burden, its ok, at least he shouldn't think of adding his into your present financial load.

girl80
hav more rest n eat nutritous food k. take care. =)

juzyounme
u can use d normal ink pad to print baby footprint. afta tt juz wash clean clean la.

Juzyounme,
Dun be bothered by my stupid remark. I just cant believe he can actually take $$ from u to take CAB when he's broke. anyway, it's over.. dun be sad..

lavendery - i think u deserved big fish big meat, birdnest, essence, etc since u r so petite. well, i always thot guys will feel pai sey to ask wife for $$$ one. it seems to me, that my HB think i should fork out for him.

ikeike - i don't think i love him or respect him. now i rather have money than have him.

AdelChia - baby has sharp nails which can dig?

iemik0 - just concern is ir harmful to baby or not...

Juzyounme,
I'm not sure lei... i get a lot of pushing feelings from inside the tummy, which i think most prob is bb kicking. But the only sharp pain i've experienced is coz of muscle strain. And it's at the front part just beside the belly button. The pain comes when i'm sitting in a particular position. When i change position or lie down, the pain goes away.

mum2ndx - haha, thanks.

AdelChia - i think the pushing feeling is the same... just that the sharp feeling not the same eh. mine is nowhere near belly button.

juzyounme
your below itchy? itchy meaning hmm its time to change panty liner! hehe cus we always have alot of discharge so sometimes below itchy lor

Yes i also got sharp pain in my tummy its normal. is due to the stretching of your tummy. I ask doc about it. =) Alamak. i havent see your hubbie yet! you always want me to see him. i didnt see it -___-

anyway. protect yourself and let others know your rights are correct! I was so angry that day and i said back to my MIL and now i feel bad abt it. But then think again some times people duno how you feel, unless you got to TELL THEM! =) but of cus lar. think first is it right before fighting it! ^_^

girl80,
dun be worried ok? Seems pretty normal to deliver twins early and usually one of the twin will be smaller.
happy.gif
My mum's colleague had triplets (thru IVF) and there is one particular child who was super small when delivered but now is growing normally!

Maybe you can ask ur gynae if intend to let u hv the medication to strengthen the growth of ur bb's lungs so that they are stronger/more independent aft delivery! Like the gals say, stay CHERRY! Jia you! If u wan just talk to the twins n ask them to share share the "food"... :p

Hippo,
Me oso worried leh. I was tested positive for sugar twice in a row. Then gynae say I will hv recurrent yeast infection cos of my sugar levels.
sad.gif
He has not ordered a test for me thou, maybe cos he did not find by bb super big for her "age".

To control sugar levels, cut sugar intake (including high sugared fruits) and carbs. Seriously, I dunno how to control cos my sugar n carbs intake are almost equal to wat I take b4 preggy! *double sigh*

Jowin/Emeraldbride,
Will ask my hb abt Tampines Ikea.
happy.gif
Cos we wanted to go AMK hub to get something... Emeraldbride, can leave me ur HP no in MSN? Thanks.
happy.gif

Luthadel,
I can collect ur loot from Jowin. Cos I think it is nearer for u to meet me (I stay in Redhill) then travel to the East?

Snowger
Jowin is coming to the west to meet her friends so either way i'm ok lor.

Wah didn't know you're in Redhill, so close. (My direct MRT line) :p If not i'll pick it up from you on Sunday ('cos i also need to pick up stuff from Fifi, my friend, who also stay in Redhill)

juzyounme:
good for u gal! dats the fighting spirit, and great dat u still have a sense of humour ;)

Hippo:
i oso dun knw how to reduce water retention, juz dat i realise dat during the period of swelling, i find it hard to urine but after more water and fruit intake, i can urine better and the swelling reduces.

Girl80:
have a good rest during HL (till next week rite?), twins usually will arrive 2-3weeks earlier, so dn wori too much yo. U must have faith in yr gynae hor =)

Hi pple...

I'm soo excited.. one of my frens is currently trying to deliver her baby.. I dunno why but it suddenly daunt on me that this is going to happen to me in approx 10 weeks time!! Pretty excited!! =) She said epidural is a god send...

Yeah swelling in hands and feet normal during pregnancy esp towards the end of the day... I know it sucks.. I try to walk more with rest in between cos the movement will improve circulation.. swimming also helps.. and I like the feeling of being pretty weightless in the pool...=) I know nearing the delivery date... it is good to walk whenever u can (of course if ur pregancy is smooth sailing...) helps with labour...

Swelling in hands, feet and face is one of the signs of pre-eclampsia.. Huge weight gain without significant change in diet is also another sign.. If u ae worried.. u should call the doc.. I think it is consider an emergency...

Water retention --

Try to also put your legs up whenever you can.
happy.gif

Juzyounme: The both of you have been married since 2005? Wow. Btw, what is wrong with your hubby's leg?

snowger I also got yeast infection and doc gave me some tablets to be inserted down there *tortured look* seems like we got the same symptoms. have to be more conscious of way we eat I guess. Like cutting down on sweet drinks, drinking more plain water and eating stuff without sugar

girl80,
jia you.. ur bb gal will be fine.. give it some time to catch up w the bigger sis in there! :p

hippo/carmen/esther/snownger,
nice meeting all of u on sat!

snowger/Hippo,
I also haf the same yeast infection prob.. same case, gynae also gave me meddicine to insert down there.. yeeks! couldn't bring myself to do it.. jus let it go away slowly.. will sweet food worsen it??

Hi Hi,
Have found another place to get bargains for bb stuff, This shop is situated in the east, has got almost everything from daily neccesities to big items. Those staying in the east may wanna check this place out.

Shop name: Baby's Boutique
Address: Blk 821 Tampines St 81 #01-218
Opening hours: Mon, Weds-Sat(10am-9pm)& Sun(10am-5pm)
Closed every Tues (but for this week, they will be closed on weds instead)

Happy Shopping!!!
happy.gif

morning ladies

had heartburn d whole nite. cant rest well as kip having d stupid reflux feeling. yuckz. hope it goes away soon. =(

juzyounme
shud not be a prob to use normal ink pad. tt's wat my parents use laz time ah. hehe. cheap alternative. juz wash away immediately can le. =)

gathering on 4th oct
has venue been confirmed? was wondering if swensens at T2 allows reservation. hehe.

scarletgal, I had pre-eclampsia during my previous pregnancy too. For me, its cos of high blood pressure & protein in urine.

girl80, rest well at home k.

girl80 : Did your gynae state why he wanted u to deiver at 34weeks? Is it becos he/she scare no space for the babies to grow? Don't worry too much, do take care
happy.gif

Meilik,

Yup, but now we can drink abit of Liang liao, we r not in the first tri liao. But of coz in moderation hor. 1 week once should b ok, I'm drinking winter melon soup once a week now, so far so good, *Touch Wood* Am in my 30th week tmr.

I find myself quite heaty, I will drink liang teh, Ju Hua tea etc... occasionally.

Good morning gals! Tmr is public holiday *WooHoooOo!*

Luthadel,
Tat's why I go Ikea Alexandra pretty often!
happy.gif
Sunday is gd! Let me know what time u reaching... I will welcome u to my messy home if u wan to take a rest inside! *keke*

Xuelyn/Hippo,
Ya lor got to watch wat I eat (which sucks) but if I cut carbs I will be eating meat n vege oni! *Faintz* Yeast infection sucks (totally agree). My 1st infection - was given one pill, one pill pessary n one cream pessary before it subsided. The itch robbed me of my zzz! Now its back. My gynae gave me one pill n one pill pessary - but like still no cure leh. *Double sian* Mayb I shld really consider boiling my undies.

My gynae did tell me tat yeast infection can keep recurring if we hv higher than normal glucose. *Haiz* - tat is me la. Loveangel told me taking yogurt might help so u both can try too?

Re Water Retention:
It is normal if u get swelling first thing in e morning or evenings. But shld subside (i.e. swelling shld not persist thru e day). Do rem to drink enuf H2O, else ur body will retain whatever water u hv in body to keep hydrated. Then it's a vicious cycle of swelling n water retention orh...

juzyounme,
were u the one who mention abt tugging pain near the belly button? Me oso had it once in a while in 2nd trimester. If the pain travels, could be wind. Cut down on soy products until the pain goes away.

Meilik,
Me lagi worse than reddates. In 1st n 2nd trim, I drink "Ching Chow" (which is super cooling), old cucumber soup, Chrysantemum once in a blue moon. Me now wk 29 plus! Waiting for nxt wk then i count down 10 wks. :p

girl80: eat some durian/beef to beef up your gals. I got a galfriend who just delievered her twins bb at 35 weeks also. Both okay. Normally twins will have to deliver early cos of nutrients and health for the baby. Also they are fighting for space in the room.

Hang on! you will be there.

Snowger: yeah man. me counting down too 9 more weeks to go before bb is delivered can't wait.
Wah u steady, can drink so many cooling stuff.
Actually thinking back hor, so far u drank cold stuff, got no side effect right?

Meilik,

Hmm...Yeo's Winter melon drink dunno can anot, brew the soup urself lah, better in nutritious. Just put winter melon, some spare ribs, wolfberries, red dates, some dangshen if u 1. Put some honey dates and water chestnut for sweetness.

Snowger,

Wah, u really drink alot of cooling stuffs, but all depends on ur body constitution.

Pain the tummy,

If my girl moves, sometimes really abit pain or walk too long , pressure below, so will be pain oso.

Girl80,

Eat durian can boost up bb wt, I heard alot ppl mentioned oso.

Date: 4th Oct 08
Venue: Marche (vivocity)/ Shokudo (raffles city)
Timing: 1pm

1. LuthAdel(2 pax)
2. iemik0 (2 + 1 pax)
3. Meilik (2+1 pax)
4. Phyl
5. bubblepearl
6. Jowinbaby
7. Loveangel/Pris
8. Mimi
9. Ikeike/Christine
10. emeraldbride (2pax)
11. Ivy
12. Carmen (2pax)
13. Merydith (2pax)
14. Spaghetti (2pax)
15. Hippo

swenson's doesnt take reservations.. i've checked with a few outlets..

so how?

Dear girls
saw this report on ST today

No to frivolous snaps of womb

I REFER to last Saturday's article, '3D snapshots from the womb'.
While I am all for the use of 3D or 4D ultrasound to detect foetal abnormalities, I read with dismay about the increasing number of pregnant couples who sought 3D ultrasound photos and videos of their unborn child without any firm medical indication. I object to the frivolous use of 3D scans for purely social reasons, for example to see what the foetus looks like, for the following reasons:

Animal studies suggest some degree of chromosomal disturbance in the prolonged use of intense ultrasound waves;

3D scans, using ultrasound wave intensities much more powerful than in 2D scans, have not been used long enough for possible adverse long-terms effects to be apparent in the unborn child;

Unnecessary scans drive up medical costs for society; and

This whole practice of social scanning smacks of consumerism, with no medical benefit to the patient.
Although the potential risk to the unborn child is small, no one can guarantee that, years down the road, there may not be an increase in conditions like Alzheimer's disease or behavioural problems with excessive ultrasound exposure. I therefore urge all pregnant women to seriously consider the potential hazards of 3D scans before asking for these scans to be performed when there is no medical indication.

Dr Gordon Tan
Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist
Gleneagles Medical Centre

http://www.straitstimes.com/ST%2BForum/Story/STIStory_284112.html

2nd Baby .. I've been drinking chin chow ... for me, I've never had any problems with drinking it so drink lor. I love chin chow ...

fabbie, I'm sure IKEA will be crowded .. take care ok? ... and don't walk so much!!! you're supposed to be resting!

Wah...jowin..hmm..i think Dr Gordon is referring to those who keep taking 3D /4D ultrasound during every visit? I know pple who do that..once in a while should be ok?

Anyway...sian..electricity bill gog up by 22% again!!!!argh!

Halal restaurants:

Hei Sushi (Halal Certified)

Downtown East
1 Pasir Ris Close
#01-01 / 02
Singapore 519599
Tel: 6582 8467
Operating Hours:
11:30am - 10:00pm

IMM (Kiosk)
2 Jurong East Street 21
#01-K10 (Kiosk)
Singapore 609601
Tel: 6425 2383
Operating Hours:
11:30am - 10:00pm

RamenTen Ang Mo Kio (Tel: 6552 7328)

&

RamenTen Far East Plaza (Tel: 6238 7983)

Ramen Ten @ Orchard Point #B1-15 Tel: 6737 3889

Operating Hours: 11.00am – 10.30pm (Daily)

ShinTokyo@Parkway Parade Tel: 64408923 #03-26

ShinTokyo@Causeway Point Tel: 64408923 #07-03
Sakura
Downtown East
1 Pasir Ris Close #02-02, Singapore 519599
Tel: 6755 8197
Clementi Woods Park
93A Clementi Road, Singapore 129781
Tel: 6474 8197
Orchard Shopping Centre
321 Orchard Road 2nd Storey, Singapore 238866
Tel: 6735 8197
Jurong West Sports & Recreation Centre
20 Jurong West St 93 #02-06/07, Singapore 648965
Tel: 6899 8197
Yio Chu Kang Stadium
210 Ang Mo Kio Ave 9 #01-208, Singapore 569777
Tel: 6754 8197

i called RamenTen @ AMK. they will call me back to confirm whether they can take our reservations..

thanks bubblepearl for the list.

wait!! sorry..

I've got reservations at SAKURA@ ORCHARD SHOPPING CENTRE..

Buffet Lunch
Adult: $25.70 Nett
Child: $11.70 Nett

Buffet starts from 12 - 2.30pm

so i will book from 12pm.. those that can only come later then join us later can?

Date: 4th Oct 08
Venue: SAKURA@ ORCHARD SHOPPING CENTRE
Timing: 12noon- 3pm

1. LuthAdel(2 pax)
2. iemik0 (2 + 1 pax)
3. Meilik (2+1 pax)
4. Phyl - Okie!
5. bubblepearl
6. Jowinbaby
7. Loveangel/Pris
8. Mimi
9. Ikeike/Christine
10. emeraldbride (2pax)
11. Ivy
12. Carmen (2pax)
13. Merydith (2pax)
14. Spaghetti (2pax)
15. Hippo

Buffet Lunch
Adult: $25.70 Nett
Child: $11.70 Nett

pls indicate your confirmation beside your names. Thanks

Meilik/Reddates
Me so far so good. I dun drink a lot (once every 2 to 3 weeks niah). Like u, is share share with hubby lor. I guess if I am "weak" (aka frequent cramps etc), won't be taking such cool stuff.
happy.gif
I oni kena cramps when I drink iced drinks every meal during 1st trim (then i cut down...)

For winter melon i rather not drink the can one cos a lot of sugar n not v nutricious. I think it taste like diluted "gula melaka". :p

Girl80,
Dun go on a durian eating spree orh! Cos durians are super high in sugar! My gynae ban me from eating liao (not tat my bb is super big but due to my GD potential lah).

Morning everyone,

Have not been posting for quite a while... finally our gathering is this sat. please add me:
1. LuthAdel(2 pax)
2. iemik0 (2 + 1 pax)
3. Meilik (2+1 pax)
4. Phyl - Okie!
5. bubblepearl
6. Jowinbaby
7. Loveangel/Pris
8. Mimi
9. Ikeike/Christine
10. emeraldbride (2pax)
11. Ivy
12. Carmen (2pax)
13. Merydith (2pax)
14. Spaghetti (2pax)
15. Hippo
16. Ah Bur (2pax)

Thanks!

This morning I was trying to psycho bb to come out around 37-38 wks and guess what? bb kicked me several times.. guess bb has objection .. hehe..

AdelChia,
thanks for sharing your experience.. hope my rashes will clear soon & I wanna see my belly 'mei3mei3' again.. hehe

2ndBaby,
For both of us who has pre-eclampsia during our previous pregnancies, there's an even higher risk of getting it again this time.. so let's take care!
The last time I've all the symptoms - swelling, hbp, protein in urine - so gynae decide to induce bb. Luckily I'm already in my 39th wk & bb is full term.

Gd Afternoon!

Sorry can't make it this Sat, forgot I am going for my last few sessions of prenatal massage
This the list, I have replaced myself with Ah Bur:
1. LuthAdel(2 pax)
2. iemik0 (2 + 1 pax)
3. Meilik (2+1 pax)
4. Phyl - Okie!
5. bubblepearl
6. Jowinbaby
7. Loveangel/Pris
8. Mimi
9. Ikeike/Christine
10. emeraldbride (2pax)
11. Ivy