(2008/12) December 2008 MTBs

Ok this is the details:

Tax Incentives - effective year of assessment 2009
1. Qualifying Child Relief increase from $2k to 4k.

2. Working Mother Child Relief increase to 15%, 20%, 25% for 1st, 2nd, 3rd & subsequent child.

3. Combine QCR & WMCR cap increase to 50K.

==> i.e. we pay less income tax.

BB bonus - effective for EDD/born 1 Jan 09 onwards

4. Cash part for 1st and 2nd child increase from $3k to 4k.

5. CDA matching contribution for 1st child up to 6K.

6. CDA matching contribution for 5th child onwards up to 18K.

==> We dun benefit... we get the original amts.

Centre based Child Care. Effective 1 Jan 09

7. Increase quality.

8. Subsidy for working mothers increase from $150 to $300 for childcare and from $400 to $600 for infant care.

=> We enjoy next time if we send our kids to these centres.

Kindergarten

9. Improve quality.

Leave. Effective 1 Jan 09

10. ML increase from 12 to 16 weeks for children born after 1 Jan 09. Last 8 weeks flexible over 1 year. Gov pays for last 8 weeks subject to $20K cap.

11. Qualifying period for ML halved to 90 days.

12. Protection for preggy ladies enhanced to last 6 mths of pregnancy (dismissed without cause) and last 3 mths of pregnancy (retrentched).

13. Childcare leave increase from 2 days to 6 days per year per parent with children under 7. Gov pays for last 3 days subject to $500 per day cap.

14. Unpaid infant care leave of 6 days per year per parent with children under 2.

Assisted Reproduction. Effective 1 Sep 2008

15. Subsidy of 50% (up to $3K) per cycle for max of 3 cycles.

I have just posted in reach too as my baby will be due in Dec 08.

Anyone know how can we can media attention so that our voice can be heard by a larger audience?

...I guess I'm too late to join the petition liao...GAH...
sad.gif

Sigh, really sad. We get hit by the impact of the four months maternity leave without even enjoying the benefit. Sianz.

I'm a bit slow ah..had a long busy day today. Just heard the horrible news and now, don't feel like working already. So sien..

For those who went for the meet-the-people session, do keep us posted okie? Anyone any idea when the parliment is sitting again? Wonder if they'll tweak the scheme after listening to so many disgruntled parents...

sorry gals, i was in the meeting the whole day today!!!

Good luck to those that are going to Meet the MP session tonite.

Phyl, i will send u my details tonite!! we should round up those mummies from Aug 08 - Dec 08 thread to combine..then our voice will be louder!! I am sure there are alot of mummies out there which is not even on this forum.. i m sure they will voice their displeasure as well..

Maybe can catch some small headlines tomorrow

"Meet-The-People Session Flooded With Disgruntled Pregnant Mothers!"

:p

Hope the petition will at least have some impact on the decision-making. After all, each name on our petition list can at least count for two headcount: mummy and little baby in tummy.

Hi Ladies,
any updates on the meet-the-ppl session? pls keep us posted. Thank you gals for making so much efforts to speak on our behalf!
Hopefully our unhappiness will be taken notice and the implementation date will be brought forward!
Lets keep our fingers crossed! ^_^

re: sad blog ashleyisourangel
>> the couple has adopted a baby girl earlier this year. They hv a separate blog for her but i can't remember what it is. The mommy is an active member of this forum

hi ladies
m back to work todae so din get to log in whole dae. is it too late to join d petition? m keen to join. so unfair tt we not included.

<font color="0000ff">Dear Mummies,

I managed to send "our letter" to a reporter and she has reverted, asking me how many names are signing the petition.

I really hope that we can get more names! So mummies, pls pls pls if you would like to join us in airing "our grievances" pls let us have your names/NRIC/EDD.

Many thanks
happy.gif

U may post in tis thread or PM me
happy.gif

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/578191/1652541.html?1219219476

</font>

Btw there's a group called "Reach Singapore" in facebook, probably run by the same mcys folks in the Reach website.

Sam,
Hahaa...what you said is so funny!

Hi gals..
we are back from the Meet the MP session.. waited till 11pm to see the MP but alas, only for residences of AMK...

N the people who registered, did not inform us in the 1st place thats its for the residence only.. only took down our registration &amp; said will refer to our own MP. ( All these at 11:20pm)

can you gals imagine how angry we all??

In the end, 5 of us who are from AMK went in...

Conclusion, which i will let the AMK residence say when they post tomorrow. cos i m not from AMK...

What i know is tat, the MP said its best for us to individually go to our own MP.. let our own MP know and the more ppl go complain, the better as it make it seem a bigger issue.. ( Abit stupid n time wasting)

Wat we need to do is to sign as much petition, as many names we can as the MP TOOK IN OUR LETTER AND PEITIONS NAMES... just now...

We must send in the letter to the PM office tomorrow with petition...

we must let the press know ....

Lastly, the parliment sitting is this coming monday, 25th Aug.. Lets see what we can do by Monday

SIGH SIGH SIGH

** me misundstood my HB already.. thought he happily went golf.. infact after golf he stayed at home to file to ST Forum etc etc.. and also blog on his " political blog" .. oops.. never know my HB had this kind of blog.. thought he always talk about it nia.. saw him reasoning his views abt the baby scheme... haha!!!

jo, am i too late to join in the petition? didn't know that u gals when to Meet the MP session last nite, cos was out since afternoon and my hm internet is down.

how to see when is my Meet the MP session?

Quote from Today "Said Deputy Prime Minister Wong Kan Seng: “We did consider paternity leave, and when we studied other countries with paternity leave, like the Scandinavian countries, we find that the great majority of (men) don’t take it.” Unquote

Wah...other country men don't take paternity leave does not mean that Singapore married men with children will not take paternity! Wat talking man!

my Meet the PM session is today (every Thursday).

if i go down, should i bring the petition letter along too? and the list of MTBs signing the petition?

last nite i couldn't sleep well. wake up for toilet then couldn't sleep cos keep thinking that we are not entitled for the new incentive.... so sad...

Hi All!

gals, keep those Name/IC/EDD rolling into my email at [email protected]

if we can hit abt 500ppl, i think we have a stronger case.

went to the meet the people last nite.. there were 10 mummies and some daddies... in the end only the AMK mummies got to go in.. i was so pissed and tired by 11.20pm i decided to go home.. we were only told at 11pm that we cant go in as a grp and cant see the AMK MP.. either he is too high and mighty or we are not worthy enuff his audience.. well, the AMK mummies will update later.. watch out for it..

till then, i hope we can collect 500 names!!

Morning mummies,

We went for the MPS session yesterday at AMK, was part of the group tt managed to see the MP.

After hearing our story, the MP also felt tt implementation date should be immediate and he couldn't comment on how come it's in Jan this time round. We gave him the letter with signatures.

As summarised by Jo, MP's suggestion was for more mummies to separately go to their respective MPs so that more MPs can bring up this matter.

On pg 2, Today newspaper, reason for 1 Jan 09 was to allow time for measures to be put in place.....

well ladies, littlebluey has contacted the press somehow and she is also consolidating a list. i'm trying to get her and combine the list. after i hit 500 names, i will send it together with TARA's letter to Mr Lee and c.c it to Mr Wong and Mr Bala. i think with 200 names it not impressive enuff yet. any comments?

MP yesterday was Inderjit Singh...

Anyway I'm intending to send email to PM later today. Too frustrated by the explanation in the newspaper today to write anything now...

Phyl - You wan to send in the letter as it is now first with the 200 names? Then can send a follow up email with the additional names. Coz will need time to collect names and according to Jo, parliament is this Mon... Give them letter first let them know that unhappiness is there and growing...

aiya, then i need to find out when is the mp session for my area.

What kind of explanation is that - "need time to implement". The claiming process for the additional 4 wks is the same as last 4 wks now what, only that the new policy will have 8 wks to claim. still need so long

so what are we going to do now??

have the press decided to report out letterS??

Do all of us want to meet up to sign the petition?

i dun understand why littlebluey go collect names and IC for press.. its not safe and its too rash. i mentioned in the petition thread. i respect everyones IC numbers and we should not float it out everywhere.. especially to the PRESS.. i want to protect the 200+ names in my list..

i will email the letter that TARA wrote to Lee once i hit 500 names.. i will also mentioned that it is a growing list.

can?? =)

i agree with u, phyl.. GOGOGO!!

i've sent you my name.. hope you have recieved it..

just curious, what's written in the letter?
happy.gif

Back