(2008/12) December 2008 MTBs

LuthAdel,
i feel bloated when i am from wk6 till now. Till i wonder when this will goes off. Wow in your 19wks already. Have u knw the gender already? Is this your 1st kid?

Mimi,
now u wan ppl to give up seat for u is so difficult. Even if tummy big liao ppl might not give u seat as well. So u must be prepared loh.

gals im stick thin and cant feel a thing too...

bloatness seems to hv ease slightly. Previously cant burp or break wind. Lately I can burp which is such a big relief esp after meals.

jappooh, ya lor... so sian right. last time i will give up seats to preggie women leh, cos hoping ppl will also give up seats to me when i am pregnant. but.... those sitting down simply read their newspaper, play PSP or some even act to sleep. so bad right.

Jappooh, thanks for the advise.. I think i'll just skip the classes.. never been a fan of going to class since young.. haha

I also feel bloated leh.. to the extend that it make my tummy look so big and round.. like a small watermelon like that.. haha.. today officially 15 weeks.. yeah..

Mimi, i enjoyed that show too.. damn funny lor.. haha.. but Í not so power like u n jowinbaby.. everyday I'll watch the chanel 8 9 pm shiw and fall asleep halfway.. hehe

Only on weekends I can tahan longer.. midnight 4am sleep also no problem.. as long as got mahjong to play can le.. haha

louisa, the show very funny hor... brainless show. haha...

actually everyday when i reach hm i wanted to take a nap 1st but i scare i cannot slp later. think i shall try to take a nap today.

Mimi, my ex-colleague told me b4 that she request the young guy sitting in front of her to give up his seat to her.. haha

She said she's not feeling well and wanna faint already (which is true), then the guy so pai seh, quickly stand up and offer his seat..

Maybe we can start to tekan people on the MRT using that method.. haha

Louisa,
i used to play mahjong every fri b4 i am preg. But after preg i cant even sit for 30mins. So i didnt play mahjong for quite sometime liao.

i also realised i cannot sit for too long. yst i keep shifting my buttock when i was watching movie. and no ones wan to play mahjong with me now, all say pregnant women have gambling luck.

Jappooh, y can't sit for 30 mins? sounds bad leh..

Í also cannot sit still one.. need to move ard if not my legs will cramp.. usually I just go take drink, go toilet, etc.. my khakis understand, so they're ok with it..

thanks LuthAdel
happy.gif
I'm sipping hot tea now hoping I'll feel better soon after taking Panadol Cold tablets.

*sniff* ... plus the weather is so warm today - feel like switchin on my air con the whole day ... but cannot ... lol .. hubby will KILL me if my bill shoots past $400 .. sigh

mimi.. i think it's true that pregnant woman got gambling luck.. but then when i play with my another preggie friend, both of us lost leh (i think clash ah).. haha

u got viwawa acc? we can go in and play.. haha

Hi Jappoh
I still bloated even till today ( week16 plus)...

I dun wan to sleep so late leh.. Went mum house yesterday... eat tonics n chat with her until 11pm... reach home bathe.. almost collapse lor...
sad.gif

Now very tired...

I try to sleep at 10.30pm daily.. too early i also will keep tossing on bed...
happy.gif

Talk abt MRT give up seats... no one will give la.. i only met once.. a nice malay lady gave up her seat to me..

Jappooh
Yes this is my first and we are having a boy
happy.gif
I think each of us are very different like for me my bloating eased off at 15wks but for Jowinbaby, she is still having it.

Today felt a lot of rumbles in my tummy, must be due to the expansion of my uterus yestday and today little Bryan got more room to do his arcobatics!! hahahahah

Yeah!!! Saturday will be our meet up, so exciting !
happy.gif

but i think i dun gambling luck. bought 4d a few times but never strike. waste my $.

wat tonics should we eat now? i havent started eating tonics. jus bought bird nest last sat but have yet to boil and eat.

mum2ndx, usually it is a practise to either talk or meet the CL . You can clarify some things with her - e.g. cost,her experience, the scope of her work, etc.(will she cook for your hubby? simple housework like wipe floor/wash the clothes,etc?) If you are a first time MTB, she might also want to tell you what are some things/equipments (e.g. baby bath tub) that she needs to make her work easier.
happy.gif

You can then access if she is worth e $$$. Can ask her casually if she is doing confinement now. She might have taken the opportunity to meet you while the bb n mother is resting lor (so may not be so bad la).

If you confirm her, she will usually collect a deposit of abt $500 frm u to seal e deal! Anything less is also ok. If you worried, can try to look ard this forum, there are some blacklisted CLs.

Re getting seats on the train:
I hv been pretty lucky in that some pple do offer their seats to me (but my train stop is like the next one), so I smile n say "No thanks".

Wonder if these tips will help:
1. When get into train, stand near the seats;
2. Look around for seats and especially at able-bodied men who are not sleeping;
3. If possible, when they look ard you give eye contact (not to *dian* them);
4. During eye contact, transmit the "I need the seat" message or give the body language of "I really really need a seat now"; and
5. Stand in the train like a pregnant woman (erm, legs slightly apart. hands sayanging your tummy)! Best if your clothes are tight enough to show u have a little bluge.

oh black chicken soup... i dare not drink leh... looks scary. haha...

actually i am thinking to go back to Dr. Tan (TCM) to see if he can give me some tonics. i jus called and i was told that sat n sun appointments are all full until aug. faint... his biz is so good!

Jowin, me also feel very bloated. Cant burp makes it worse. Duno when wil these go off.

Jowin, Black chicken soup start at 5 mth ah? I started last Sat. I love it. Very nice leh, mimi
happy.gif

Mimi

I went to see Dr Tan (TCM) after I conceived, was around 6-7 weeks at that time, he advised to start taking birds nest and make the black chicken essence from 2nd trimester onwards...

Actually, he didnt advised that himself, he said to know what tonics to "bu" during pregnancy, ask his wife....so she explained to me what to take....

you can call his wife and check with her...i think no need to go and see him one....

Hi snowger..
No use la....i tried.. haha....they just open their eyes n sleep....

Hi 2ndbaby
my friend said 5 months onwards , bb can absorb better.. so i took birdnest 1st...Actually starting from 2nd trim, can take moderately already....but cos i still puke on n off.. told mum i dun quite like chicken.. so she hestitated.

Hi mimi
I also dun Know... paosheng, black chicken with skin peeled off , red dates.. i dun remember wat others already..

Yaya, can ask Dr Tan wat to drink lor...
happy.gif

Santorini, oh can ask his wife har? that auntie at the counter is his wife? i called jus now but a guy answer leh, saying Dr. Tan went to USA and will only be back on 12th July. cos i thot can go to him and maybe he can predict baby's gender by reading my pulse.

Mimi, I not sure wat to put in. I m bad at ingredients and cooking. I saw mum putting all the ingredients from a pre packed packet bot fr medical shop.

2nd baby, can help to ask ur mum wat ingredients she put? can where to buy? my mum dun know how to cook tonic soups and i seldom go my mil house to eat.

reading pulse predict gender?? i 1st time heard of leh.. can ah???

oh yes, Dr Tan went USA liao.. my friend told me but i forget.... u can go to medical hall n asked wat to brew for pregnant lady lor.. they sure able to help..
happy.gif

Snowger,
Thanks very much. me 2nd time mummy, my previous CL din meet up wif me last time, we just confirm over the phone. even those items needed was post to me.. haha..so im quite concern on these issues.. Too bad that CL is not doing this anymore, she was REALLY REALLY GOOD!!!

I have browse thru the blacklisted CL thread, din see her name there.. hee.. just keep my fingers crossed ba. bao you bao you...

jowin, yup, can know baby's gender by reading pulse. this is what i heard from my friend. my friend went to her TCM when she was 12w and the doc tell her it's a boy and yes it's really a boy.

from wat i Know from the book.. if gal , usually heartbeat bpm is above 160, for boy is lower...

maybe sinseh count this way lor
happy.gif

haha.. if its true, mine is a gal gal already
happy.gif

cos gynae will tell me the rate of the heartbeat everytime..

hmmm... my friend say if pulse is stronger than it's a boy..

haha... my gynae only told me once baby's rate of heartbeat which is 164bpm, meaning i got chance for a gal! yeah!

mum2ndx, I agree if got someone u use before, lagi best! But at least u know what to expect from this one.
happy.gif
Most msian confinement lady wan to get deposit in cash (they dun hv bank ac in S'pore). Rem to take down her name n passport no (choi! choi! la). Baby usually very lucky one, should be ok.

For chinese soup:
My mum went to Eu Yan Sang. Sometimes the aunties who help u get the herb can advise u too! (like they will tell u if certain herbs too bu for yr stage of pregnancy). If you gals want, I will get the ingredients from my mum...

Wah Jowin,

Interesting! I will go and google tonight
proud.gif

Is it scientific? Does heartbeat vary with the stage of pregnancy? Like that during detailed scan, I will request for the hearbeat rate (if my bb dun co-operate) *haha*

boys below 140 and gals above 140...

This belief is based on the fact that women usually have higher metabolic rates than men and, therefore, have a slightly higher pulse rate.

Actually, there is no correlation between fetal heart rate and gender -- and it has been studied. This is an "old wive's tale" that will not die.

haha!! MYTH!!

** gynae said my bb heartbeat at 165bpm.. haha!!!

if right hand pulse is stronger than left hand, then it will be girl

if left hand pulse is stronger or the same as right hand, then is a boy.

the guess base on the above for me is girl. Usually, my pulse is quite weak for both hand. but now right is stronger.

Can try it out.

Haiya, no need to guess lah. Just have some patience and wait for the gender scan at 16wks lor:p

My baby's is 160bpm and i'm expecting a boy.

Other than boiling your own tonic soup, is anyone seeing a TCM doctor? After my first tri, I went back to my regular TCM to get herbs for 'bu'. I don't have any illness now but feel a bit tired and get cold easily in air-con environment, so thought it would be good to build up my qi before giving birth.

My TCM doctor is at the Eu Yan Sang clinic at Tiong Bahru Plaza. My last visit with her was at 15 weeks, but she couldn't tell from my pulse whether I'm having a girl or boy. I will be having my detailed scan before my next visit with her, so I will see whether her diagnosis is accurate or not! heehee

Carmen - just dreaming if i'm rich enough, i will just stay at home and rest... and take care of baby myself when born. but i don't think possible eh... have to work till i'm old.

Snowger - i see, i wonder whether anyone same class as me eh...

blurfairy - i have no idea about strollers, also keen to know whether buy lowest price should be ok or must really spend more to get something lightweight and strong.

Louisa - how about checking if your husband can't make it, can you bring someone else to attend with you? i think KKH allows MIL to attend if husband can't amke it.

Phylicia - do we really need milk bags? sorry i have no idea and experience. does it depend on whether how much milk can be produced vs how much baby can take in? i was thinking just breastfeed the baby until 3-4 days before i start work; then i don't need to buy anything to help in expressing or storing milk.

=======

yest when i was in crowded bus to go for my evening lesson, someone gave up seat for me. which made me happy, but also wondering whether my tummy really that obvious at week 15.

really very sleepy now...

echo, i am thinking to go back to my TCM but he is fully booked on weekends.

i think we need only milk bags if u are producing lots of BM. if not store in normal bottles also can?

mimi, jus go to any medical shop and tell them u wanna cook black chicken soup and they wil give u a pre packed ingredients. Will check w my mum when I get home later.

yah...i am feeling sleepy after lunch...

have been sleepy since i woke up this morning..so feel like taking mc to sleep ...they say will feel more energetic in 2nd trimester...me same same leh...equally tired since preg...

YAWNNNN...

<font color="aa00aa">Gender Prediction</font>

<font color="aa00aa">Myth:</font> According to folklore, you can deduce your baby's gender without medical tests. Here's how:

If you carry low, it's a boy; high, it's a girl.
If you carry in front, it's a boy; if you're wide at the middle, it's a girl.
Hang your wedding ring from a strand of the father's hair over your belly. If the ring circles, it's girl; if it swings back and forth, it's a boy.
Is Baby's heart beat faster than 140 beats per minute (bpm)? It's a girl. Less than 130 bpm? It's a boy.
If morning sickness lingers all day, it's a girl.

<font color="aa00aa">Reality</font>: The only sure-fire way to tell the gender of your unborn child is through ultrasound or amniocentesis.

blurfairy, me also. In 2nd tri, but still so tired like in 1st tri.

Ladies, hw many hrs of slp do u all have each day? I have 9.5 to 10 hrs of slp on wkdays and slightly more hrs on wkends. But still feeling tired.

All the MTBs here are going nuts over guessing gender. Luthadel just dis-proof all the myths! :p

Me counting days to my next gynae visit/detailed scan on 23 Jul 08. Seems like such a longggggg wait!

snowger, previously one of the mummy introduced her CL to me, she wanted to meet up as well and wanna collect $300 fr me. Later, before we managed to meet up, i found another CL, hence told her I cant meet up, guess what? She hang up on me. So damn rude.

I am glad i decided on the one recommended by my neighbour, she din even collected deposit fr me.

Anyway, i hv another CL to recommend - my facial therapist's mom. If u need her contact, let me know lar.

all of us here are guessing our baby's gender.

i am also always sleepy. also feel like taking mc or leave jus to sleep at home.

2nd baby, u sleep so many hrs. on weekdays i slp only abt 8hrs. weekends also abt the same, maybe 8-9hrs. when can we be energetic like before?

Hi 2nd baby
haha.. yeah.. its just for a fun of guessing only.. of course will wait for ultrasound
happy.gif

wah.. u can sleep so many hours.. mine the most is 7hrs on weekdays.. weekend of course as much as i want
happy.gif

Back