(2008/11) November 2008

Entertainment
Ok with projector and screening of DVDs too. Maybe we can have a sing-a-long session too (provided there's someone to lead)? Those with hands action kind (e.g. Songs like "If you are happy", "Ennsey-Weensey-Spider",etc) so parents and kids can join in and have some fun? Just a suggestion. ;p

<font color="ff0066"> Haru</font>
Yup. Janessa is completely on Wakodo FM now. However, I still allow her to latch on for night feeds cos I'm too lazy to go out of the bedroom to make milk, and another latch-on in the evenings. heheheh... It was not easy to wean her off... initially when she smell my milk, no matter will want to latch on. So I started her on small bottle feeds first, finish up by latch on. Later I gradually increase the milk feed. I also only wean her off 1 feed at a time. Super time consuming process siah.

<font color="Ff0066"> Mummy2nia</font>
Yup. On the day itself, I can come in earlier to help out with the Deco. Thks thks.

Mummy2nia,
OK no prob! Yes, I can help out in the deco that day. Before that do i need to meetup or anything? pls let me kw. Sometimes i forgot to come in here...so if i too many days didnt reply u all pls PM me ya...thks!

Lynn,
I wanted to start cheese for my boy too.. And i think cheddar cheese would be a good choice.

Re:pasta,
Any pasta receipes to share, want to let Tyler try..

Re:Eating with hands,
I do let Tyler try to feed himself by offering finger food for him, most of the time he only mash them up only cos he still dunno how to use this fingers to hold it. But cereal all that also need?

mummy2nia,
Everyone will definitely bring presents, don worry!! Clothes is ok also ba, just tat maybe buy unisex one lor..

phew!!finally finish reading up all the posting for the day! =)

Haru/Dymples/Rainbowcandy
I just bot a packet of wakodo biscuits.. actually dunno wat it says coz all in jap...haiz..so i read the ingredient n found the one with pumkin!hope this is the one.. will let him try tomolo!! =)

Eating with hands:
Sabre, wat kind of finger food u offer?can share?my bb can take some biscuits on his own to eat when i place them on his highchair..but i've yet to try finger food coz still hunting for recipes.. can other mummies share pls?

Cheese:
I gave cheese to my boy n he is taking it quite well so far.. able to chew and swallow.. =)

mummynia,
really thanks for organising n bringing this bb bash all together!!! tks alot!!! is there anything i can help?mabe i can help out rainbowcandy as well with deco.. hope by then my son can be less sticky to me..then i can have time.. *cross finger*

Morning all,

Just want to check do you all have any preference how the names appear for bb's bday bash?

here are a few options:
- button badges
- stickers
- arm band (made of paper)

minky,
name tags for mummies or babies?

I think tat depends on what is the budget.
How much it cost for one button? one sticker?
We said each family will fork out $50-$60 (additional pax to top up) right? We need to work out how much to allocate to each item on the list.

minky,
Jus use sticker lar.

mummy2nia,
Not sure if eating with hands will encourage to eat their own eariler.
But my elder can self feed when she is 14mths plus.I teach her and she able to do it well by 16mths w/o realli mess.
At abt 15mths,they can be quite independent.So i guess might nt be the reason to do with eating with hands.

rainbowcandybaby
thanks a lot!!!
happy.gif
for deco, you will need to speak to bear and moomummy.. u might want to pm me your msn email and i will let bear noe. from there, you all will chat and create a proposal for me by end of this week if possible? And ya, u need to help to source for deco too.

Dymples
Thank u ya! u are still on deco section but helping out on dat day. thanks for ur help!
happy.gif

Gal. Dolphin
Wah, thanks a lot for offering. I will let you know on this yah when the day is nearer!! Heee.....

Minky
I like the idea of button badge so dat it won't fall off. But you got to buy the materials right? Arm band a bit difficult to see.

Lilian
still havent decide whether baby oso have name tag. Wat say u??

Happy
ooohh...really, duno..cos she taught the bb before he is a year old. i noe it can b quite messy. i guess we asian parents scared dat the bb will choke, create a mess etc.

Will come back here later. going to work now...

hi mommies, thanks for the concern.

so far for today no vomits(touchwood) and I am trying to back to his normal schedule feeding coz I realized when I fed every hrly, he seems to be tired of sucking and his lip area becomes red.

thank god he's still active but although I hate to admit it but can see being sick has taken its toll on him, he 'slim' down when his weight already way below average. it took so long for him to gain weight.. hai..

doc say to stay for observation, if today n tml so far so good then can go home.

they tested negative for rotavirus but the stool culture results not yet out. thank goodness its not due to his underlying condition.

mummy2nia/minky
I think if we go for sticker name tag, then our babies shd have the tag too
happy.gif
Not too ex right?

Enne, hope bb L can b discharged soon.

enne..
i wish ur bb speedy recovery...must jaga urself oso yah.... *hugs* hey, u just do what u can..i will collate the proposal first and then urs so u dun worrie too much k..

lilian
sticker will come out right...actually with bb tag would be nice too but we got to see our budget

minky, can u find out how much is tha materials to do for both bb and mummy (sticker and badge). and another prob, how abt the older kids? hmmm...i think we just stick to Nov 08 bbs oni yah.
What if we do on a cardboard, cut it out and glue a pin at the back so dat it wun fall off..wat do u think?

mummy2nia
anyting with pin i tink quite hazardous for bbs... I tot since most of the time e mummies wil b wif e bbs, then mayb mummy wear e tag wil do.. e most on tt one tag put both e mummy and bb's name

<font color="ff6000">just a suggestion, why not go with the sticker for names, if wanna cut cost, get those labels from bookstores and use a marker and write name then stick, easy and simple
happy.gif
</font>

nut
yah..totally forgot abt dat, unless use safety pin which is ex for 100 over bbs! eh..i leave it to minky lah...

Minky.....got sum suggestions here...

thanks for all your suggestion.
happy.gif
was really busy at work so reply so late. the costing for one badge is about $2 plus. i am trying to source for a better price for us, i thought badge will be nice actually and something for baby to keep in future. bt like peanut say it is dangerous so we should c. i was actually only talking about bb's names nt the mom or other kids since it is our nov 08 baby bash i didnt include the rest.
As for sticker it is of course more cost effective probably only few cents per name.
mommies names i thought just use sticker will do.
Do give me more suggestions and eventually we can do a vote to c which method most moms prefer.

Enne, glad to know that bb's L condition is not due to his underlaying condition. hope he can get home soon. you take care and try to get some rest too k.

HAru,
Oh dear, If H is rejecting food altogether, it must be really tough for you. Just let her drink as much milk as possible in the meantime. I just bought another brand of cereal for R, heinz with cranberry n apple cereal. Something new for her and she took it. Haiz.... jialat, such a fussy little eater.

Dymples,
I added in scallops just for flavouring, she dun eat it. It makes the porridge more tasty and she love it!

Mummy2nia,
For pasta, i've yet to make it. HAven't source for recipe yet so can't share with u now. Keke.

Enne,
Luckily it's not due to baby L underlying condition. Baby L is a strong fighter, he will gain back the weight very soon.

Morning mummies ...

This thread is getting quieter ... where's everyone? SiaoNut (Peanut), Ah Lian (Lilian), Alibaba, Spree-ing Queen (Mildy), Minkybear, Fifi, Bear, Joyce, Babyzel, Happy ???

Shall we have a gathering? Dinner or Tai-Tai Time? If everyone prefers weekday noon, I try see if I can take half day anot lo ... keke.

Enne,
How's bb L? Can he be discharged soon?

morning mummies,

arrrgghhh... overloaded with work...!
getting more tired each day...
feel like becoming SAMH...

btw any mummies hav gone to taka craziest toy sales?

good morning!

babyzel - i used to add dried scallops to porridge for flavour too, but was told these contain a relatively high level of salt as it's been processed before. unless you are using fresh scallops?
happy.gif

Dried scallops.. umm.. i tink since now they older liao and eating more solids.. jus put in 1 for flavouring shd b ok ba.. but better soak in hot water 1st.. It helps to make it softer for easier cooking and to get rid of some of the msg

hi hi kiki/mummy2nia/jocelyn..
sorry for disappearing for a few days again..sigh..got some shock for a moment then realised was false alarm..

kiki, i will get my gf mummy to send u her details, sorry but can u pls advise me on the final BP amt that she has to pay 50% deposit on..thks..

mummy2nia/jocelyn..
i will hv to chk out with my 2 friends to see if they can help out whc i hvnt hv time yet..i will try to get back to u asap..not sure if they will charge thou since they hv strong interest in photography as of now..

peanut: bad omen. when i have time to come back in, then u all say the thread is going to die. hmmm...

mummy2nia: thank u so much for your effort in organising. if u need me to help out these 2 mths, pls give me a shout. u have my email. will send u my handphone too. i have the nov mums list so i can help with calling or emailing.

joycelyn: ah anor mummy of boy named luke
happy.gif
my kids seem to share names with couple of other mummies in the thread.

enne: bo bi u &amp; baby L. we look forward to seeing him. i've been getting clothes from the sprees for my boys. TCP is v cheap &amp; nice. Jshoppers too.

Blessed day to all the mummies.

Olwen
ok lah.. not die... thread going to close shop soon.. kekekke...

wtan
wat false alarm?? Preggie false alarm??
Me too me too.. dreamt tt i'm pregnant and broke out cold sweats

siaonut,
Now in new office ... the IT mgr sit beside mi eh ... how to log in everytime and post woh ... can only do it when he goes for tea break and lunch break .. and he dun go toilet one loh! Glued to his chair! Haha.

Fifi,
Shldnt you be paying attention during course? :p

Olwen,
U have been MIA for so long ... dunnoe how many mths then see u post once .. hehe.
Next time u must post the spree links here!

moomummy
ive checked and it's really 152 guests...

rainbowcandybaby
ive email back to u and gave u bear msn addy (bear, take note ar.). I will extend till next wed cos thurs is the meeting.
happy.gif

babyzel
haha..no worries!

wtan
let me know ya, and oso let joycelyn noe too.
happy.gif

olwen
thank u! muakhz muakhz muakhz...hahaha

Name tags
keep the suggestions coming mummies! minky wants to know the nametag materials u all want!
happy.gif

Morning mummies!

Jo, u miss me? haha
Here i come lo......

Re:dried scallops
I do put dried scallop too in the porridge but dun let my boi eat.i am the one who eat it cos exp stuff so dun wanna throw away lar.

mummy2nia,
I am very sure there are mummies who will back up last minutes.So it best to estimate lesser till the nearer date when we collected the money.Mayb est it as 120 guests as of now.

Jo
we shd find a day go sembawang again lei.. now when the splash park in operation hahahaa... sianz.. wasted trip tt time.

Errk... then u offer him water lor.. make him wan to pee al e time. For me my boss not in rest of the week so i can come in more freely.. and my com comes with the security screen so people standing at the side not able to see wat i'm working on wahhaa...

Happy
nw i quite tempted to use scallop this sat liao. heheezz.... but dunoe wat my mil wil say cos she was e one last time who say got msg better dun put.

Bb bash
yah yah... mayb i'll e one of the mummies who back out.

Fifi
yah lor!! wakakakkaa... v ironic hor
Toking abt which.. this morning she tried to giv her a sip of coffee!! though its jus a small little sip for taste but pls la.. dunoe wat her brain tinking abt

Jes,
High salt content? I didn't know abt that. I will wash before putting into slow cooker. I dun let my girl eat the scallops.

Peanut,
They close the water at the splash park at 2pm and only start the water again at 5pm. Just make sure u reach there at the right timing.

Sean Lau Photo selection:
Finally 2 weeks has passed. I'm going for the photo selection tonight. Hopefully the pictures will turn out nice! So excited.

Sean Lau:
Wah... since wtan and bbzel's today, then mine shld be soon le... yippee... now to think abt whether to prepare the $250. Sigh.

hihi babyzel..
i m also gg for my SL's photo selection tonight..what time is your slot?i will hv to bring Brod along coz IL gg out for dinner..hope with him ard we get to select photos well..haha..he's practising hard on his para-para movements lately..

Wtan,
Mine is 8pm-9pm. What about yours? Haha, your brod so cute. I'm bringing my girl there as well. Hope she will guai guai sit there while we choose photos.

Hello.. so alive ah!

Name tag: as cheap as can be cos i rather spend it on cake and the deco. we are still trying to make it so that every baby gets to bring one helium balloon home AT LEAST! Think Joyce has already asked PG cake abt a 3-4kg cake. 4kg abt $180+ depending on flavour. Also we might get jelly cakes.
happy.gif
no cup cakes cos it is too ex per piece.

Re: scallop
when u boil it, the protein will leach from the scallop and into the soup. Although the protein has been denatured i rather not give cos scallop is actually a shellfish.

BBZel, if u gg to pay $250, then u will get ur DVD back! rem to post the photos tonight!! will be waiting! Eh u wanna go shopping tmr? *wink wink*

peanut..
choy..choy..choy! x 100..lol..cannot afford for the nightmare too..haha..false alarm is something abt Brod's well being la..but heng he's ok..

babyzel..
mine is 7-8pm, before u..i m kinda prepared for the top-up liao..was telling myself i m only paying for $125/kid since both Ricky Brothers went &amp; took some shots together..hee..

Back