(2008/11) November 2008


how ah mummies? i very confused if i should give baby fresh EBM but i still have quite alot of frozen EBM from feb which i wanna try to use up..dun wanna keep them for more than 3 months and such a waste to throw if i dun use it..
 
babyzel,
is ur the allerhand lunch bag? i have that too! i use it to transport BM to mum's place and to bring home EBM from work. but after putting in a ice pack, can only fit about 2-3 bottles..
 
Bear:
I don't know why my BM is so oily...

Babyzel:
my bb had it in her first month and the PD said it's a reaction to the hormones in the milk. It's like little white bumps right? Our bbs could be affected as our hormones are still trying to settle down.
 
Bear: I massaged myself ha. Fifi yesterday told me to ask my hb but I scared he massaged too hard! Mge to clear it though but today ss still low. Think needs a couple of days to get back.

Mildy: Can PM me too if you are ok to share? Wanna see the bento setup thks!!
happy.gif


Babyzel: Oops..cheer up! Sometimes we also dunno when all these gd deals pop up... Btw, u find the Allerhand bag useful? Was tempted recently when I saw it at Mothercare.. was thinking of getting a backpack kind.

Bear and Lilian, ordered the 2oz Babycubes liao...

Haru: If you have alot of frozen EBM, can use those expiring soon. But of coz if your ss is good, and already a lot of extra fresh EBM, then can use those frozen ones for other purposes like wat other mummies do. For me, I don't have that much stash, so I just clear my frozen EBM once every few days for bb, like recently when my ss dropped
sad.gif
Just to make sure I don't keep them longer than 2 mths.
 
Bear, Babyzel:
i actually hope it's just reaction to hormonal changes rather than sensitive skin because hormonal changes will settle/pass. i am having a little bit of breakout nowadays too so i think i'm affecting my bb's skin.
 
Wah seh... sssooo many postings. I give up trying to catch up liaoz... read until my eyes all crossed.


<font color="ff0066"> Milderina</font>
ooohhh... the carters bibs are so cute. Me so tempted till placed order liaoz. hahahah...

Now thinking about the food jar you posted. hhhmmm.... *tok-tok-tok* Need to meditate first... uuhhmmm.... heheheh


<font color="ff0066"> Bibi</font>
Eeekkss!! Lizard!! I'm terrified of lizards and cockroaches. I will run the 100m dash as fast as a speeing bullet screaming out in fear at the same time!!
Oh yes!! Not to forget the hoping &amp; jumping too. *lol*
biggrin.gif



<font color="ff0066"> Bear</font>
BB Janessa *gives a hi-5* She's also too lazy to flip over. She will only turn halfway, then turn back. Worse still... nowadays she keeps wanting me to carry. *faintz*
Too long on her back... cannot. Put her in the rocker... also cannot. Sometimes I will juz leave her to cry... but she won't stop lor.
Will juz cry and cry till it escalates to screaming... until her head all totally wet. Macham went for bath. aarrgghh... I need my rest...
 
<font color="ff0066"> Babyzel &amp; gladgal</font>
I have 2 Allerhand backpacks. The adult and kid size. Love it!! I've had it since 2006 and still using till now. Totally no regrets buying it although at first heartpain cos it's not cheap wor. But now I feel tat it's worht every dollar.
happy.gif
 
<font color="ff0066"> Bio-Oil &amp; Vicks Baby Balsam</font>

Hi Ladies,

My dad has bought quite a few bottles of Bio-Oil and Vicks Baby Balsam. Anyone interested? Am offering to you ladies here first. Later got extras left, I will post on BP thread as Ready Stocks.

Pls PM me if you are interested. Thks.
 
lilian,
can puree for potatoes, spinach, carrots, pumpkin, apples, pears... a lot. kekekek.... but remember to try 1 food at a time to make sure that the bb is not showing any reaction towards certain food.

alibaba,
hm.... can use till 7 to 8 months ba, i forget how long my elder girl use le.

dymples,
Mai mediatate liaos later no stock so many ppl order. wakakakkakaakka........
 
Glad_gal u ordered the cubes from who? Ya it will take a few days for ur ss to resume. that time i got that major block, it took me 2 days. hope ur ss resumes soon.

Haru, if u have a lot of frozen EBM then u can afford to give it as a spa to ur gal. for me, my boy drinks almost the amt i pump out so i save it and give him one bag of frozen EBM every 2 days. its really up to u.

Lilian, i have no idea what to do also! i got the book Glad_gal bought called First Foods. it is written locally. can get at major bookstores.
happy.gif


Dymples, i was so happy when i saw Zach trying to turn.. turns out he not very interested in it unless i give him a helping hand! Sounds like Janessa is showing her true colours! hang in there!
happy.gif


Babyzel, haru, i got the Mothercare cooler bag! can put a lot in. 4 Avent 9oz bottles and still got space. the Allerhand ones were too small for me.

Alibaba, ya i eyeing the bibs Mildy showed u. think that link she gave is cheaper cos postage inclded.
happy.gif


Yes yes Mildy, we love our Jujube diaper bags!
 
Oh dear...too manny many post!

Spree: I'm gonna buy the food jar in pink, yipee!

chillout>
im cool with any weekend, &amp; anywhere. Just get me out baby free for once, haha.

1. Peanut (ok with any Fri/Sat) - can drink until hav double vision
2. Jo (this fri) - can drink until hav double vision
4. Sabre (Both also can)- definitely can cos nt BF
5. Maria (both also can)-can drink, but not too muchy!
6. Zeal (both ok)

bear>
i saw the pic of the freezer full of milk, Oh my gosh!!!
 
Dymples: Ooh prefer the Allerhand backpack too, but pity this BP only have shoulder bag.

Bear, ordered from BABY et STARS (your 2nd link). Very prompt got it very fast, but of coz can't use it yet keke. Yah hope ss comes back soon...

Lilian: Yup, can borrow or buy books on weaning which comes with simple solids recipes for babies. Find it useful as a start esp for 1st time mummies like us! Think the other recomm book is Weaning by Sara Lewis. Havent been able to get it though.
 
bibi,
i dun latch on cos my bb cant finish both my boobs, therefore still have to pump after latch her
happy.gif


bear,
e funnel is standard size, 24mm.. Hmm, think i always use my leg to support the pump and thus get abrasion! Hiao lar, always surf net and pump at the same time, also can type while puumping.

Happy,
didnt received ur PM lei.. Dun mind send me again? Tnks
 
YO Ppl,
mi n bear are thinking of getting this dura bibs. n fifi is willing to organise a spree for us if we have enough orders. Anyone interested? I bought it from spree the other time but i dun c anyone doing it now. I forgotten how much is it but website now selling USD$5.90. If anyone know how much Singapore is selling please advise. I saw 1 organiser selling for SIN$9.90 though. I used this for my elder girl and if u search throught the net its the best bib ever. i love it so much the crumbs n food wont get stuck or spill off and everything will b contained in the bib as babies love to spit out the food they eat in the begining so after the meal u just got to wash the bibs. go read up abt it n u will noe.

http://www.dexproducts.com/products_feeding_dbs.htm

1. Milderina x 2 bibs
 
Re: Baby milk spa
Yes yes. Must rinse after spa. Else very smelly.


Re: Drooling and sucking hand
This does not necessarily mean they will be teething soon. Alyssa has been drooling a lot (easily soak a bip) and sucking her fingers a lot too. For very long liaoz... but no teeth appear.


Minky:
Will be pain de. But pain then the blocks can clear. And hor, after seeing, also muz be extra hardworking at home to finish clearing and maintain. If you want, as Bear says, wait till after 23rd March then ask to see Cynthia lor. But warning. Cynthia is even more painful than the others... but she's really good lah. Tarhan the pain lor.


Haru:
Fresh EBM is always better than frz EBM. But frz EBM is still better than FM. So you are still doing very well. Nevertheless, if your supply is good, can consider giving fresh &amp; sacrifice the frz. Let it be rainy day supply. If no need, then sacrifice it for spa / throw.


Bibi:
Amazon ships in big big boxes hor.


Re: Bento tools
Sounds good. Get from where?
 
Mildy ah mildy,
Since you back to wrk, our thrend FLOOD with sprees again! * me hide hide hide*

alibaba,
my gal used the bibs from 4mths (drooling time )till 2yo ley.I let her used when she have her meals.Else sure dirty her clothes.
So $2.50 worth it cos can used for almost 2yrs!kekeke

Joyce,
PM u liao.Else u go mildy's blog.She hav my link too!

Bear,
Dun say you working nt able to cook, me a SAHM,nt able to cook nice set of food for my gal too! Everymeal, me *lazy mom* just dump everything into the slow cooker!*guilty guilty*
 
Bear,
Calendula cream work wonders on my gal. She used to have milk rashes all over her face and when i used warm water to clean, it doesn't go away but when i applied the cream, it healed in less than a week. Sometimes our gal also scratch her face till red and got a bit of wound, the cream also healed her. So far i gave out so much samples of the cream for my sis and frens' with babies to use, all like the cream. No joke. Hehehe... Machiam spokesperson for california baby. Tot u say ur bb allergic to the cream from previous posting if i remember correctly? Then dun use on Zach.

Milderina,
Tks. Will check my PM.

HAru,
Mine is cooler bag. I use it to bring to office to pump. I can put in 2 bottles and a pump. The lunch bag looks gd too!
You may want to give EBM then add in a feed of FBM daily to clear ur stock?

Waterbaby,
It doesn't look like it. It's not whitish lei, Most likely sensitive skin.

gladgal,
i like allerhand bags cos it's very pretty and gd quality though bit ex lah. My cooler bag can hold quite a bit of stuffs.

Dymples,
ya, saw ur backpack. Nice!

Bear,
Jujube? hmm.. gonna check it out too..
 
Hi mummies, didn't get to log in for a few days and there are so many posts! Can't keep up liao..

Milk SS: Realised that my pumping output has also dropped recently. Usually can get about 200-240ml per pump but lately dropped to only about 180-200ml max. Haiz... and of all time I'm going back to work in another 1.5 weeks. Wonder if I should increase my pumping interval from the current 6 hours to 4 hours? Only setback is the lack of sleep -_-... Bear, how do u pump 4 hrly and still remain sane? Really admire your determination. If my ss drops any further, think I'll have to be more hardworking liao...

Oh ya, seems like quite a number of mummies taking the Fenugreek pills... Is that for increasing ss? Where to get from and how often must take? Pardon this mountain turtle's ignorance...

Flipping:
my boy just did his first successful independent flip this morning. Usually he can almost flip the upper body but lower body remains stuck.. think it's probably becoz he's on cloth nappy in the daytime so backside/stomach too 'thick' to faciliate flipping!

Kash, wow! your boy so fast sit up oredi? Mine when i sit him up he will slowly but surely slide gradually to one side.. then he will end up lying down on the bed liao... looks quite funny when that happens...

Food cubes:
I very sua gu one... these are used to store pureed food? Can we actually freeze pureed food and re-heat them to feed bb?

Drooling/Sucking:
Think all babies go thru this exploratory stage. My boy has also been sucking alot though not drooling as much. Somemore can suck until got the 'tsk tsk' sound.. machiam very yummy like that. At times he can even push out the bottle while feeding and suck his fist instead! *pengz*

Bibs:
This looks great! In fact, I saw a mummy using it at a foodcourt over the weekend... very useful leh... her boy was spitting out food every now and then and this bib contains it very well! My silly sister says looks like a bib and rubbish bin all in one.. @_@ Next time when intro solids, sure very messy one... Mildy, good recommendation!!!

http://www.dexproducts.com/products_feeding_dbs.htm

1. Milderina x 2 bibs
2. Maria x 2 bibs
3. Favoured x 2 bibs
 
Cooler bag:
Any recommendations on one that can fit feeding bottles as well? Me currently using the one that came with my Medala PIS pump.. but setback is the height limit. Can only store breastmilk bottles with the cap but not with the bottle teat coz else exceed height liao. So now i go out very leh chey.. must pack bottle teats separately in a ziplock bag.. then b4 heating up milk, must unscrew cap on bottle, put on bottle teat, then heat.. very troublesome! Also, the medala cooler bag can only hold 4 bottles. Any other bag can hold 6 or up to 8 bottles?
 
dymples,
my girl also recently only want me to carry! it was like an overnight change, she suddenly rejected my maid and my hubby
sad.gif
now i hv to tend to her all the time, cos she will scream REALLY loudly if anyone else carries her! like your baby, also will perspire and hv tears all over.. really dunno wat to do man...
sad.gif


sorry very sua ku, wat is bio oil for?

Fifi,
before u went back to work u did both latch and pump right? when did you pump? in between latches? or immediately after latch?
 
Think I must login every few hrs no matter what ... so many posts!

bibi,
Yucks! Is that homecooked soup or you had it outside? Felt so disgusted by the lizard in soup.

kash,
ur bb so fast! Already sitting up le.

alibaba,
your boy knows how to flip le? So fast too! My one only flips to his side.

minkybear,
How come ur bb will get that disease? Any reasons?

peanut,
Thats the way ur MIL wash teethers ah? LOL. I ask maid to brush under running water and soak in hot water.

waterbaby,
You mentioned salmon! I feel like having it now .. so long never eat salmon. Hehe.

spree:
so much things to buy! Within few days ... food jars, bento tools, bibs ... and what else? lol.

my boy:
Nowadays, when Lucas see nobody beside him, he will cry so loudly but no tears one. Faintz.

bb food:
Recently, my hb was having durian and tempt Lucas with it .. he actually opens his mouth .. hoping Daddy will give him taste the durian!

bb toothpaste:
I told MIL I bought toothpaste for bb .. she gave mi that look as if I'm gg to brush teeth for bb now like tat.
 
maid rant *(#$&amp;@()$%&amp;()*@#$
This morning I asked my maid to go to the supermarket to check on what brand rice are packed in 10kg. Because we have been trying in vain to buy Song He rice in 10kg to no avail. I gave her a piece of paper to write it down. She came back, with the 10kg Song He rice. I checked with her if she really had not understood me. But she said that she did and she repeated my instructions. The paper was blank.

This evening, I gave specific instructions on boiling the meat and frying the vegetables together at 7pm. When I came out of the room, after putting my girl to sleep, at 7.20pm, she was just starting to fry the vegetables. Again, I asked her if she had not understood my instructions. She said she did. I then asked her for her reason for not cooking at 7pm. She said those were easy to cook.

I'm boiling now. Fuming mad! To me, she has showed disrespect by not following my instructions which she had understood. She might be trying to act smart. But I gave clear instructions and made sure she understood them, yet she chose not to follow.

I'm veryveryveryvery close to changing a maid. I have wanted to give her a chance after many other incidents but today really took the cake. Am I being petty?!
 
<font color="ff0066"> Bear &amp; Milderina</font>
I also have JuJuBe. I'm using the packabe in Perky perinnials. How about you babes? I like it... but I won't use when going out alone cos I feel it's abit too heabvy leh. Plus, the packabe is big. So it's the weekend bag cos can stuff more things besides bb's stuffs like my gal's jackets, etc.


<font color="ff0066"> Babyzel</font>
The Allerhand you saw me carrying is the kids size lor. Very cute hor. heheheh... I like the bright colours. Somemore I so petite... need something bright so tat when I cross the road, the drivers can see me from far. hahahaahh *lol*


<font color="ff0066"> happywifey</font>
Looks like both of us in same situation. Haiz... I also wanna give up. Dunno wat to do. But luckily for mine, she will still let the daddy carry and bathe her at night. But one after her night bathe, she will cling to me like koala bear. Nobody can prise her away. *fainted* Sometimes I wish tat I'm like a kangaroo... got a puch in front. hahahah... So now not only afternoons I Beco her... even at night also need to Beco.
2239822.gif
Somebody hheellpp... me...

The Bio Oil is really good at reducing the appearance of stretch marks, scars, etc. It can also be used safely by people who have Ezcema. Apply it liberally after a shower all over the body as it also helps 'hydrate' dry areas.

You can read more about this on the webby link below:
All About Bio Oil
 
<font color="ff0066"> Karen</font>
It seems like your maid is really trying to 'Act Smart'. Since she understands your instructions, there's no reason for her to make the mistakes above. Like you said, she is showing disrespect by disobeying your direct instructions. Sorry... but this type of behaviour is simply not accepted by me.

How about asking her why she is disobeying your instructions? Also ask her to explain her own actions. When my own maid tried to do this last time, I told her off. Then I keep questioning her.

In your case, I would ask:
1) Why did you buy the rice?
2) What did I tell you to do?
3) why did you not follow my instructions?
4) Why was dinner not prepared at 7pm?
5) Even if the food is easy to prepare, what was my instructions?
6) Since my instruction is to cook at 7pm, why did you disobey?

That time, I keep questioning my maid till she got nothing to answer me back. Then I told her: "In this household, I'm the mistress. Whatever I say goes. If you tink you got better idea, ask me first! Not decide on your own."

If this is not the first time, then I would advise changing the maid. Cos she seems to 'run' your household according to her own preference.
 
Dymples
Thanks! I have asked those questions.

1) She gave me a blank look.
2) She managed to repeat the right things.
3) Sorry Mam.
4) Initially her reason was no reason. After I pushed for one, she said that it was easy to cook.
5) This I did not ask.
6) I asked a similar question and all she could answer was, "Sorry Mam. Next time."

It's always sorry mam &amp; next time. I'm sick of her sorrys.
 
Glad_gal, ok will order from BABY et STARS then. she has no stock now and new batch will only come in a mth's time. still plenty of them for me.

JOYCE, u using PIS? no lah the funnel got many sizes!! mine is 30mm!! u have to go and look for them leh.. may be the Taka fair will sell.

Mildy u damn funny leh.. u ask ppl to state if they want big or small bibs but u urself nv indicate! :p

Please state if u wan large or small ones.
Small ones for 3 - 12 months Price: USD$5.90
Large ones for 9 to 24 months Price: USD$6.95

http://www.dexproducts.com/products_feeding_dbs.htm

1. Milderina x 2 bibs
2. Maria x 2 bibs
3. Babyzel x 1 bib small
4. Favoured x 2 bibs - 1 small + 1 large
5. kare2711 x 2 bibs - 1 small + 1 large
6. Bear x 2 bibs - 1 small + 1 large

Babyzel, Zach developed rashes on his head when we used the California bb's shampoo.. actually i m asking for myself cos currently i have 3 huge patches (as big as my palm) of rashes on my legs. i cannot use my steriod cream but the itch is getting from bad to worse now. i need something to stop the rash from spreading!

Here's the link to Jujube! http://www.babetitude.com/ i have the Packabe, same as Dymples! i bring it everywhere cos my hb is the one carrying it. i purposedly got something very man so he can do the lugging! :p now thinking of getting the Be Major! Jujube diaper bags are amazing cos they are anti bacterial, some bags come with changing mats, there's no zips, no velcro. everything is magnetic!

Mildy, i want the Jujube stroller clips too!!! i confirm with u tmr!

Happy, I love to cook! just on Mon i baked brownies.. usually i try to cook on wkends. i will try to do the bento set thingy but must see how lor.

Dymples, i love Jujube print. becos of my hb i had to get something less girly.. but now i m thinking of getting Be Major for myself. very girly.. i like! eh issit becos u keep Beco-ing ur gal that's why she is so clingy? u have to make her undergo cold turkey!

Favoured, i also dunno how i tahan.. sometimes i cry myself to slp lor.. wat to do.. i dun wanna give up bf-ing then regret. i give myself a lot of pressure so i tell myself i cannot fail. :p as for ur qn on the cooler bag, i just posted abt it today. Mothercare's brand has a cooler bag that is big enough to hold 4 9oz Avent bottles. cheap too. think i paid abt $30 for it. About ur dropping SS, how long have u been pumping 6hrly? even now i dun dare to do 6 hrly.. 5 hrs is rhe max liao. u need to slowly condition ur body by stretching pump intervals. when u go back to work ur ss will drop further so u have to decide if u wanna increase ur interval now. may be try 5hrly lor.
 
dymples,
haha, yr description of koala bear is so funny and so accurate! at least u hv the beco to help u, i hv to carry her most of the time.. reaaly dunno wat will happen when i go back to work
sad.gif


bear,
really admire your determination to bf.. am wondering if i shd switch to total pumping in the day to prepare for gg back to work and to try to build up some supply first?

i started having rashes on my legs abt a month or 2 ago too, am wondering if its an allergy to fenugreek cos it started abt the same time. i just started using CB calendula cream on it, so cant really tell u if it works but its starting to feel less itchy altho the patches are still there.

re: diaper bag
so tempted to buy all the nice diaper bags!
happy.gif
but most of the time its my maid carrying so feel wasted to spend so much on one.

maid:
mummies, do u leave yr maid alone when u bring your baby out?
 
dymples,
i have packabe in perky too. wakakak......i love it like nuts. especially now i have 2 i really needed a big bag.

karen, i have be mine too. wakakakak.......

jo,
wanna know wat else to buy? wakakakak... i tell u when i c them. =p

Bear,
i was rushing home la, bo time to indicate. wakakka...

=====================================================

Dex Dura Bibs!
Please state if u wan large or small ones.
Small ones for 3 - 12 months Price: USD$5.90
Large ones for 9 to 24 months Price: USD$6.95

http://www.dexproducts.com/products_feeding_dbs.htm

1. Milderina x 2 bibs - 1 small + 1 large
2. Maria x 2 bibs
3. Babyzel x 1 bib small
4. Favoured x 2 bibs - 1 small + 1 large
5. kare2711 x 2 bibs - 1 small + 1 large
6. Bear x 2 bibs - 1 small + 1 large
 
Hi All,

I hvnt visit the forum for so long... Coz busy with baby and work.

Just some updates on my baby... He's nw able to flip over liao. But not able to sit up yet. Kash, ur baby is so fast, able to sit up liao. I start to give him Heinz rice ceral liao. The 1st day he eats, he poos a few times. 2nd day back to normal. As for my milk supply, drop very significant. Now only can express abt 150ml each time.

Brought him swimming last weekend. I bought him the neck float and he seems to like it.

At the same time, I have problems with my MIL. My hubby is not outstation and alot of things, regarding how to take care of my baby, we can't seem to agree on. She says dun give baby teething gel, gripe water and even that cooler thing for baby to bite (Forgot what is it called). So hor, come home also feel very sian.

Fifi, I am keen to get the dura bibs. Can I join in?
 
Dex Dura Bibs!
Please state if u wan large or small ones.
Small ones for 3 - 12 months Price: USD$5.90
Large ones for 9 to 24 months Price: USD$6.95

http://www.dexproducts.com/products_feeding_dbs.htm

1. Milderina x 2 bibs - 1 small + 1 large
2. Maria x 2 bibs
3. Babyzel x 1 bib small
4. Favoured x 2 bibs - 1 small + 1 large
5. kare2711 x 2 bibs - 1 small + 1 large
6. Bear x 2 bibs - 1 small + 1 large
7. sherline x 2 bibs - 1 small + 1 large
 
Oh latest updates from my aunt!!! My girl flipped today!!! kekek... i come home then i faster put her on the bed to c if she will flip but she very tired n fell asleep so i didnt manage to c her flip. so sad....
 
sherline,
old ppl are like tat. cos they feel tat hor they have brought up so many kids the same way n they all grew up fine (which is true la, hahah..), they just canot take into their mind that time had changed. just tell her in a nice way that you have read or been told tat it will help baby so u like to give it a try. take it ez ya!
 


I also dun wana get into conflict with her. Scared my hubby come back then sandwich b/w us. But she really wants everything to be done her way. Like u say lor, they brought up alot of kids so they feel that they are right. Even when I carry my boy, she will keep calling my boy such that I don't have chance to talk to him.

By the way, anybody heard that gripe water got high content of ginger and not advisable for baby under 6mths? My friend's PD told her leh. So I wana verify.
 

Back
Top